Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
o/t The 2015 General Election 23:06 - Oct 24 with 10230 viewsOrmerod89

So thought we could start a General Election thread and see how far we get, how many posts we receive and how many views we get by May.

The twists, the turns, the politicians, the pillocks, the policies and the polls!

Feel free to chip in with cutting comments and delightful debated as we choose another deluded fool to take over Number 10!

I'll kick off with I reckon Labour will get in by a very slight majority and the Tories will self destruct over Europe, Farage will have his moment in the spotlight before disappearing in a sea of scandal and disgrace whilst the Lib Dems will disappear off the face of the political map.

Poll: Who is going to win the Championship?

o/t The 2015 General Election on 20:50 - Apr 30 with 1219 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Game changer on BBC1 at the moment, in my view. Milliband imploding? He's floundering for me.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

o/t The 2015 General Election on 22:57 - Apr 30 with 1201 viewsPlumbs

Farage going full tilt now and their vote could swing it for Labour in my view.
He's just mentioned cheeses in the European debate and you can't beat a good cheese.

Or a good cheese thread.

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

o/t The 2015 General Election on 22:51 - May 1 with 1170 viewsfleetwoodbry

o/t The 2015 General Election on 20:50 - Apr 30 by basilrobbiereborn

Game changer on BBC1 at the moment, in my view. Milliband imploding? He's floundering for me.

Whereas Cameron was simply evasive throughout, the guy who challenged him about misleading the public had it spot on.
o/t The 2015 General Election on 23:11 - May 1 with 1165 viewsterminallytangerine

o/t The 2015 General Election on 20:50 - Apr 30 by basilrobbiereborn

Not exactly an unbiased balanced audience though was it BRB.

Don't think it was the best trip for Ed, but would prefer to stick pins in my eyes than have to endure another five years of Cameron's divisive policies.
o/t The 2015 General Election on 08:08 - May 2 with 1149 viewsfleetwoodbry

o/t The 2015 General Election on 23:11 - May 1 by terminallytangerine

Not exactly an unbiased balanced audience though was it BRB.

Don't think it was the best trip for Ed, but would prefer to stick pins in my eyes than have to endure another five years of Cameron's divisive policies.

Quite right TT, a largely right wing audience imho and Cameron just can't tell the truth about anything, even the economy which is his only card. Lies about the true defecit and how it was arrived at, and lies through his teeth about the recovery and the current level of borrowing. He also refuses to comment on what he will cut if he is returned as PM, he's a conniving leech
o/t The 2015 General Election on 21:41 - May 3 with 1122 viewsAVFTTConvert

o/t The 2015 General Election on 08:08 - May 2 by fleetwoodbry

Quite right TT, a largely right wing audience imho and Cameron just can't tell the truth about anything, even the economy which is his only card. Lies about the true defecit and how it was arrived at, and lies through his teeth about the recovery and the current level of borrowing. He also refuses to comment on what he will cut if he is returned as PM, he's a conniving leech

Just listening to some of the debates today, Ed Milliband may wish he never becomes PM as the Scots will have him by the short and curlies and by then Boris will be the new Tory leader and he'll rip him to shreds. Could be a short lived and disastrous time in office which could leave labour out of power for years.

Poll: Worst 'Regular' First Teamer at the moment?

o/t The 2015 General Election on 22:18 - May 3 with 1118 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I think one of the main reasons EM is adopting this odd public stance towards the SNP is that he knows that if he gets into bed with them, and it in turn leads to a further Scottish referendum that goes the other way, he will be left leading a Labour party that may never wield power in England again.

Either way, if he is PM this time next week, I'd have a few quid on him losing a vote of confidence within a year. His own moderate backbenchers will do for him, even if no-one else can.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

o/t The 2015 General Election on 22:39 - May 3 with 1112 viewsterminallytangerine

o/t The 2015 General Election on 22:18 - May 3 by basilrobbiereborn

I think one of the main reasons EM is adopting this odd public stance towards the SNP is that he knows that if he gets into bed with them, and it in turn leads to a further Scottish referendum that goes the other way, he will be left leading a Labour party that may never wield power in England again.

Either way, if he is PM this time next week, I'd have a few quid on him losing a vote of confidence within a year. His own moderate backbenchers will do for him, even if no-one else can.

Better the devil we don't know than the one we definitely do.

I think we might equally be surprised as what he can do in office.

The prospect of another five years of trickle down economics fills me with dread.
Login to get fewer ads

o/t The 2015 General Election on 16:31 - May 4 with 1094 viewsrigabeliever

o/t The 2015 General Election on 22:39 - May 3 by terminallytangerine

Better the devil we don't know than the one we definitely do.

I think we might equally be surprised as what he can do in office.

The prospect of another five years of trickle down economics fills me with dread.

Interesting theory by a former Fleet Street hack in the Huffington Post that labour supporters won't actually vote labour and they'll vote elsewhere - I do think the polls may be out but in the Tories favour.

Poll: When will Blackpool's first win come?

o/t The 2015 General Election on 15:33 - May 5 with 1074 viewsWindyMiller

Starting to believe it's going to be Red Ed .. unless Cameron can pull something dramatic out of the bag!

Poll: Should Karl Oyston resign or be sacked?

o/t The 2015 General Election on 13:04 - May 6 with 1064 viewsHappy_Satsuma

Anyone else still undecided? Have to say I can't say I trust any of them. Can't bear to think of Milliband at Number 10 but the Tories have done nothing in this election to make me think they're worth a second term. Lib Dems are wet, UKIP are appalling and the Greens a waste.

Spoilt ballot paper or just go with an urge?

Poll: Riga - Stay or Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024