Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Posters That Returned To The Fold 21:18 - Sep 26 with 13860 viewsPhil_S

We are constantly told about posters that leave here never to return but what about those that return to the fold following time away

Murph looked in albeit briefly this week
Morningstar is a very welcome return to the site
Davillin returned earlier to break a site record with the longest post in the history of the world

Who else have we had back and who would we like to pull back out of hiding (I have a knack of doing that...!)

Posters That Returned To The Fold on 21:21 - Sep 26 with 2982 viewsDarran

Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
"Relax, " said the night man,
"We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave! "

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Posters That Returned To The Fold on 21:57 - Sep 26 with 2944 viewsPhil_S

The posters that leave quietly and return never get noticed

The ones that return after a very public resignation are impressive.

I've saved Dav's post too
Posters That Returned To The Fold on 21:58 - Sep 26 with 2940 viewsdickythorpe

What thread did Dav post today?
Posters That Returned To The Fold on 22:06 - Sep 26 with 2921 viewsjacksinceever

Posters That Returned To The Fold on 21:21 - Sep 26 by Darran

Running for the door

One of the best songs ever that
Posters That Returned To The Fold on 22:08 - Sep 26 with 2918 viewsmax936

Posters That Returned To The Fold on 21:21 - Sep 26 by Darran

Running for the door

Very apt that fair play,

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Posters That Returned To The Fold on 22:14 - Sep 26 with 2899 viewsDavillin

Is that why you removed the thread? Because my post's length was a site record?

Or because it revealed a stunning display of hypocrisy -- a truth unwelcome on this site [several truths]?

Trust me, I'm not "returned." Just correcting a hypocritical and falsehood-laced post about me.

Wanna put it back up? Unedited? Both the post-inspiration for my reply and my reply? I'll bet you will if Chrissy demands it.

Now you see why I put a notice in the first lines asking someone to copy and save it because I didn't expect it to last more than a minute or two. I was far too optimistic at "a minute or two."

And not a single word from me in it violated "site rules" -- now defunct, beheaded and buried in the trash heap of hypocrisy [or "hypoChrissy"].

Yous truly,

Davillin "The Pompous"

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Posters That Returned To The Fold on 22:15 - Sep 26 with 2896 viewsMillJack

Posters That Returned To The Fold on 22:14 - Sep 26 by Davillin

Is that why you removed the thread? Because my post's length was a site record?

Or because it revealed a stunning display of hypocrisy -- a truth unwelcome on this site [several truths]?

Trust me, I'm not "returned." Just correcting a hypocritical and falsehood-laced post about me.

Wanna put it back up? Unedited? Both the post-inspiration for my reply and my reply? I'll bet you will if Chrissy demands it.

Now you see why I put a notice in the first lines asking someone to copy and save it because I didn't expect it to last more than a minute or two. I was far too optimistic at "a minute or two."

And not a single word from me in it violated "site rules" -- now defunct, beheaded and buried in the trash heap of hypocrisy [or "hypoChrissy"].

Yous truly,

Davillin "The Pompous"

Posters That Returned To The Fold on 22:15 - Sep 26 with 2895 viewsdickythorpe

Hello Dav. How are you?
Login to get fewer ads

Posters That Returned To The Fold on 22:20 - Sep 26 with 2872 viewsDavillin

Posters That Returned To The Fold on 21:58 - Sep 26 by dickythorpe

What thread did Dav post today?

Sad regrets for you, Dickyhorpe, but Phil does not dare put up his post and my reply.

p.s. I didn't start a thread, just defended myself against comments completely unworthy of a site owner.

Posters That Returned To The Fold on 22:22 - Sep 26 with 2862 viewsJackfath

Posters That Returned To The Fold on 22:20 - Sep 26 by Davillin

Sad regrets for you, Dickyhorpe, but Phil does not dare put up his post and my reply.

p.s. I didn't start a thread, just defended myself against comments completely unworthy of a site owner.

Good to see you back Dav. I hope you stay around. We need more of your sort on here.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Posters That Returned To The Fold on 22:24 - Sep 26 with 2855 viewsJackfath

Jackhunt text me the other night. He's a smashing chap who left as he couldn't bear the thick tossers who post on here now. His words, not mine.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Posters That Returned To The Fold on 22:26 - Sep 26 with 2852 viewsDavillin

Posters That Returned To The Fold on 22:15 - Sep 26 by MillJack

Didn't read the two posts that led to this latest outrage against good manners? Couldn't read it? Too long for your short attention span? The site moderator/owner/censor took it down before you had a chance to? Try to not be cavalier.

My words too big for you?

Sorry, but it's the best I can do.

Instead of displaying your level of comprehension, you'd be better just ignoring my posts. Or more poetically, when you're in over your head, don't breathe in.

Posters That Returned To The Fold on 22:28 - Sep 26 with 2850 viewsdickythorpe

Hope you are ok Dav.

Are you a golf fan?
Posters That Returned To The Fold on 22:33 - Sep 26 with 2836 viewsDavillin

Posters That Returned To The Fold on 22:28 - Sep 26 by dickythorpe

Hope you are ok Dav.

Are you a golf fan?

I am not being rude or disrespectful to you here, dickythorpe, but I'm on here only long enough to defend myself against hypocritical personal attacks. And then I'm off back to the Utopia of Good Manners.

Posters That Returned To The Fold on 22:40 - Sep 26 with 2822 viewsPhil_S

Posters That Returned To The Fold on 22:33 - Sep 26 by Davillin

I am not being rude or disrespectful to you here, dickythorpe, but I'm on here only long enough to defend myself against hypocritical personal attacks. And then I'm off back to the Utopia of Good Manners.

Your definition of good manners differs greatly to that of mine Tony

You believe that good manners is passing on endless insults in amongst big words and long language

There was nothing hypocritical in my post nor was there anything that could be construed an attack. Everything in it I stand by and it was exactly as you posted and as it happened.

I would happily post it all here again because yet again you have taken a great big assumption and in your head you have turned it into a fact.

There was no personal attack just a simple you sent me an email at the end of your very public (and pathetic) resignation from the site that tried to dictate to me what to do and you don't like the fact that you cannot control people in the way you are used to.

Leave now Tony if you wish or post another long rant with pointless crap in it completely your call

Your manners are far from good but others see that
Posters That Returned To The Fold on 22:41 - Sep 26 with 2818 viewsPhil_S

Posters That Returned To The Fold on 22:26 - Sep 26 by Davillin

Didn't read the two posts that led to this latest outrage against good manners? Couldn't read it? Too long for your short attention span? The site moderator/owner/censor took it down before you had a chance to? Try to not be cavalier.

My words too big for you?

Sorry, but it's the best I can do.

Instead of displaying your level of comprehension, you'd be better just ignoring my posts. Or more poetically, when you're in over your head, don't breathe in.

Good manners you say?

For the record and just in case anyone cares and to stop more bleating and woe look at me moments this is Tony's record bleating, all 1652 words of it

--
[Someone please copy and save this post as I do not expect it to be up for more than a minute or two. Thanks.]

Well, new depths from you.

1. You reproduced on this public forum some of the contents of a private email exchange -- and did so in spite of the fact that I specifically asked you to not do so -- and to make matters worse, allegedly quoting me while misquoting me. [I'll just give the facts here and allow others to make value judgments. I reproduce the relevant emails below.]

It is beyond any rational explanation that you write that I was "insulting in the same way as those I "criticized," expecting anyone who has read T2C repulsive posts to agree with you.

You made a blatantly false statement when you wrote above that you would "share the patronizing email he sent me on his departure." You did not "share the patronizing email," but left out the core of that email, which, in addition to being a false statement, shows exactly why you make the sad, very sad, attack on me, above -- that I wrote the following to you:

"Phil:

"I suggest you stop deluding yourself about me.

"I will never return to PlanetSwans [I admit that I was wrong there, never in a million years expecting that you of all people would write such false and disrespectful comments that I would have to write what I write here] for two reasons:

"(1) You have allowed T2C to dictate how PlanetSwans is to be run -- and as a result it is one step away from chaos and anarchy. I put the responsibility for that squarely on you. I remember with distaste the fact that you allowed him to dictate the unsticky of my stats. [On a scale of zero to ten, I care zero that they were unstickied; but I care ten that you did it because he insisted insistently that you do.] You "fired" Darran at T2C ' repeated -- and vile -- public campaign, and, I believe the other mods, but if you didn't "fire" them they resigned because you fired Darran. You allowed T2C to so trash the former rules of the forum that it's disgraceful.

"(2) Your posts about me in recent days were often unkind and offensive, something more in the style of T2C . Speaking of whom, he tossed insults around with what amounts to Freedom of the Forum, usually in language I have never used and some I've never heard, yet you blame me for the thread. I can only conclude that it is because I come from a different upbringing.

"It pains me very deeply to say this, but between those two, i have most sadly and regretfully lost respect for you as owner of PlanetSwans. [emphasis added]

"Please do not use your now-usual excuse that I'm on some kind of emotional rant, because I am now even more cool, calm, and relaxed than I usually am.

"Please do not reply because I will bin all email from you without opening it. Please do not refer to this email on the forum. [emphasis added]

"p.s. Contrary to some of the posters and their comments, I care not one dot that I have left PlanetSwans."

2. You deliberately misrepresented what I wrote, largely by omission.

3. You added insult to injury in the post above by (1) violating your own site rules [also included below] by insulting me, and [2] by validating my comments on the worthlessness of your site rules when not even the owner of the site respects them.

4. Without a shred of evidence, you misrepresent my intentions and make me out to be a liar. I did not leave this site because I "backed [myself] into a corner." I left the site because a majority of voting posters voted me that between Semen and me, they wanted me out -- which was the obvious intent of the poll. If you deny that, you will be calling me a liar -- certainly not outside the realm of possibility.

5. The tone of your post above would be inexcusable in any poster, but from the owner of the site, it is abominable.

I reproduce below other emails I have written to you which are most pointedly appropriate to this email [separated by horizontal lines], with your email which prompted one of them. [Turnabout is fair play, and especially more fair when it is a direct quote and not a self-serving misrepresentation.]

"Mr Sumbler:

"Below this post, I will reproduce a post by the poster who calls himself Swanseajack10, as well as my reply to it, which says all I want to say about it.

"You have known me personally for a very long time [we have broken bread together], and online for even longer. Do you believe that his hateful bile is deserved? Why have you not spoken up and corrected him? If you do not, I will have to understand that you agree with him.

"Also, II would be most grateful if you would answer my question at the end.

"From :Swanjack10:

'i picture a remote barn in the us wilderness with heads pickling in jars and body bits hurled aside ready for supper you odd yank fuking clown, now fukoff and continue reaming the the wild beasts in womens undergarments and lure in your evil semen sticking your eyelashes and roof together you vile inbred banjo riding hic'

"Davillin’s Reply:

"Now there's the perfect example of why people are leaving PlanetSwans.

"And a perfect example of why that poster should be banned for the good of the board.

"The post is so vile that it makes T2C look like Mother Theresa by comparison.

"I'm watching the sad but inexorable and accelerating decline of PlanetSwans in the name of allowing the sewer to overflow into the message boards.

"Phil: if the death of PlanetSwans is your aim, why not just take it offline? If hit count is so important to you that you allow - even encourage - such slime, tell us so we can cut your and our misery short.

"It used to be such a grand source of discussion and debate. And now it's this!"

"The site rules ask this: 'Please help us to moderate the site by reporting any abuse that is likely to offend. We cannot monitor the site 24/7 so we appreciate your help. Please use the tools provided on each message/post.'

"I wish to report the following violation of the rules of this site, posting abuse which 'which is likely o [sic]offend': 'Please respect your fellow posters and refrain from name calling and personal abuse," specifically name calling personal abuse.'

"I wish to report the following violation of the rules of this site: 'Don't swear, post libellous, racist, homophobic, threatening or adult material or harass other users," specifically ".'

'The violation appears in the post above by T2C.

'"I have used the 'report abuse' button.

"I would appreciate knowing what action or actions have been taken on this violation, fully realizing that you may not wish to share that information, which is your right as owner."

"When posting material to the site, please follow these rules:

"Please respect your fellow posters and refrain from name calling and personal abuse
"Don't swear, post libellous, racist, homophobic, threatening or adult material or harass other users
"Do not advertise without prior permission
"You grant us permission to use your material for on or offline purposes
"The content of this site is copyright and may not be copied and used in any form without prior permission from FansNetwork.

"Please help us to moderate the site by reporting any abuse that is likely to offend. We cannot monitor the site 24/7 so we appreciate your help. Please use the tools provided on each message/post. [emphasis added]

" http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/123079/page:2#.U__m90hXR

Your comment:

"Tony

"There is very little point in continuing to report threads/posts - all the mods get them and the only people you are serving to annoy is the people you called your friends

"If you dont like what T2C posts then ignore him but posting all wonderfully that 'the gloves are off' and then reporting him referring to someone as fat is just plain childish and pointless [Added: I note that the offending post referred to as "just plain childish and pointless" was the last of about a dozen reported earlier, all perniciously vile, and none dealt with.]

"Cut out the endless reports please

"Response not expected

"phil"

Davillin'a reply:

"Phil: I use "Response Not Expected," and know that I may respond without offending.

"I won't annoy 'the people I called my friends' with thread/post reporting. And I will sit here in bemused disappointment for having done so. You no doubt understand that I am disappointed by the quoted passage, above.

"'Childish and pointless' -- disappointed again, especially in the context of the difference between what I have done and the chief purveyor of filth on this site.

"The reports from me have ended.

"Best!

"Tony"

In conclusion, it pains me to have written this post, but I cannot allow you to violate the privacy of my emails, to misrepresent what I wrote to you, and to violate your own site rules by insulting me online because I dared to comment -- privately -- on your conduct regarding this site.
[Post edited 26 Sep 17:45]
--

This was purely made in response to me saying that on his very public departure and meltdown Davillin sent me an email saying not to reply and if he did I would delete it and not to discuss it on a public message board. Dictating to the end and rude with it mostly too.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Posters That Returned To The Fold on 22:45 - Sep 26 with 2809 viewsjackonicko

Dav - just for the record, your post disappeared because I deleted the thread, not Phil.
Posters That Returned To The Fold on 22:51 - Sep 26 with 2790 viewsDr_Winston

Livens up a dull Friday night.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Posters That Returned To The Fold on 22:55 - Sep 26 with 2775 viewsPhil_S

Posters That Returned To The Fold on 22:51 - Sep 26 by Dr_Winston

Livens up a dull Friday night.

I think playtime is over if the 'online' listing is true to its word!
Posters That Returned To The Fold on 22:57 - Sep 26 with 2760 viewsDr_Winston

Posters That Returned To The Fold on 22:55 - Sep 26 by Phil_S

I think playtime is over if the 'online' listing is true to its word!

I'm not returning. Except for now. And maybe in the future.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Posters That Returned To The Fold on 22:59 - Sep 26 with 2748 viewsperchrockjack

And to think I got stick.

I've had it easy

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Posters That Returned To The Fold on 23:09 - Sep 26 with 2730 viewsjack247

I like the [emphasis added] bits
Posters That Returned To The Fold on 23:11 - Sep 26 with 2719 viewsperchrockjack

I'm not keen on brackets

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Posters That Returned To The Fold on 23:12 - Sep 26 with 2719 viewsPhil_S

Posters That Returned To The Fold on 23:11 - Sep 26 by perchrockjack

I'm not keen on brackets

Hinge was a bit crap too

I'm amused by the whole thing if truth be told
Posters That Returned To The Fold on 23:13 - Sep 26 with 2717 viewsCurcubita_Ultra

I used to post a lot in the JNet days and have come back to the fold so to speak fairly recently...

I have to say this thread, and others of a similar ilk, is like "The Psychiatrists" episode of Fawlty Towers...

Brilliant stuff. Please keep.up the good work!

Yours,

LJ2 - Purveyor of fine Squashes and Courgettes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024