Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wolves just a few thoughts 16:51 - Sep 14 with 782 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I've only just landed back and have seen no comments by others, so apologies for duplication.

I thought that was much more like it - and by some way the best ninety minutes performance we have seen so far. We were slow to get going, and didn't threaten much in the first half. But the second half was a clear moral victory, and I thought we looked stronger and far more likely to pinch it at the end. That in itself was encouraging.

The thing I liked the best was the way we played without the ball. Our shape was good, we didn't let them get in behind us and were much better at stopping crosses into the box than we have been in recent games. The brotherly connection between the Oriols was there for all to see, and until he tired at the end I thought Ranger was very good. Both centre halves stood out too. In truth, Wolves created very little.

Add all that to a decent atmosphere (protests being made effectively without some of the nastiness we have seen in the past) and it was actually the first time that I've enjoyed being in the ground for quite a long while. I can't miss the chance to observe that 300 Brentford came on a Tuesday night and made more noise than the Wolves managed. For a bunch who were supposed to be going to overrun the West and make it a home game for them I thought they were pitiful.

So, we're finally at the races. I think Tuesday will be a tougher test though, we need a repeat performance or better.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Wolves just a few thoughts on 17:30 - Sep 14 with 753 viewsWizaard

More or less as I saw it. Thought Lundstram grew into the game while Orlandi showed flashes, but too often gave the ball away.

Promising though, and a clear statement from Riga on how we can expect the team to play.

Let's hope Oyston can see the same.
Wolves just a few thoughts on 08:27 - Sep 15 with 581 viewsFY4MIKEH

Wolves just a few thoughts on 17:30 - Sep 14 by Wizaard

More or less as I saw it. Thought Lundstram grew into the game while Orlandi showed flashes, but too often gave the ball away.

Promising though, and a clear statement from Riga on how we can expect the team to play.

Let's hope Oyston can see the same.

Easily our best performance of the season. Atmosphere much better, and agree that was the quietest I have ever known Wolves to be.
Wolves just a few thoughts on 08:40 - Sep 15 with 569 viewsbig_bloomers

We were saying it didn't surprise us that Wolves fans were so quiet - their performance was full of errors, poor balls (did they have 7 corners first half and that free kick in the second which didn't even get past Daniels?) - I actually thought they were poor and a win for us wouldn't have been unjust.

Poll: Protesting or Not Protesting - Official Poll

Wolves just a few thoughts on 08:48 - Sep 15 with 567 viewsjimjac

Wolves just a few thoughts on 08:40 - Sep 15 by big_bloomers

We were saying it didn't surprise us that Wolves fans were so quiet - their performance was full of errors, poor balls (did they have 7 corners first half and that free kick in the second which didn't even get past Daniels?) - I actually thought they were poor and a win for us wouldn't have been unjust.

I think Wolves fans turned up thinking it would be a stroll for them. Pool played with a passion and energy not seen for sometime. Yes we have played for sixty/seventy minutes but rarely have we been battling right up until the 95th minute.

If we can get Cubero in and maybe a couple of quality loans it may be a good season after all.

The crowd made some noise and I think one thing for sure, the love and respect for Jose is quite plain to see and hear. Hopefully he and Noel will continue to get the best out of the squad. Tuesday might just be better than saturday.
Wolves just a few thoughts on 12:57 - Sep 15 with 503 viewsseasider13

I watched the game on a live stream that was really good, the one camera was situated in the middle of the West Stand and with an open mike and no commentry, and apart from the zoom in / out feature of the camera it was almost like sitting in the West without the stench of the phantom farter.

I can only hope that when Cubero arrives he can stamp some authority in midfield, we seem to lack composure on the ball with hurried passes to Perkins even when he was marked or the inevitable back pass to the goalkeeper with the resulting boot up the pitch which immediatly turns our possession into a 50 / 50 ball.

Another thing has got me puzzeled, whilst watching our game, i had live premiership games on the telly and my point being wether we were defending a corner or attacking one, both sets of players are almost like statues compared to the pushing and shoving free for all in the Prem. I watched time and time again and wondered why the difference, ?

Blackpool fans came in loud and clear with their support of Riga, i hope him and Karl can shake hands and learn to work together.

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024