Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More supporters for life 17:22 - Sep 10 with 2248 viewsRAFC1907

I was thinking back to when I first ever watched Rochdale. I went to a few games with parents, however I only really started to enjoy the matches when me and my friends were given out free tickets and we used to go together.

I started supporting Rochdale when I was around 10, so thats 17 years now, before then it was Man U, the team everyone followed throughout my school years.

The thing is I dont see the club giving out any free tickets these days to school kids, even high schools, so where are our next lifelong fans coming from?

Why not give out freebies again?

A) Give out at least 1500 tickets to schools each week or B) Give out 1500 season tickets to random kids on the streets around the town and really push for higher attendances.

What have we to loose? If we dont have them to start with then surely its worth a punt to bring them through the turnstiles.

Majority will purchase something at a game so the clubs getting a bit back in return.
Maybe some will be with paying parents.

Poll: Bottomley...

More supporters for life on 17:32 - Sep 10 with 2224 viewsdeeplishblue

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/juniorclubs-sept2014-1839877.aspx

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

More supporters for life on 17:42 - Sep 10 with 2204 viewselectricblue

Should be every game......
Infact the should write to all the borough schools offering 30 free child/adult match days tickets...
Club will see a return via the secondary sales.. ie food n progs etc

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

More supporters for life on 18:47 - Sep 10 with 2116 views442Dale

More supporters for life on 17:32 - Sep 10 by deeplishblue

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/juniorclubs-sept2014-1839877.aspx

Also: http://daletrust.com/news/?p=1803

"The club were very keen on some of the initiatives with attracting young supporters that came from last week’s Consultation meeting. One such idea will be launched at the forthcoming home game with Walsall where the club are running a massive promotion with Junior Teams. Everyone who is given a ticket for this game will be asked to put the name of their Team on the back of their ticket, as well as an email address. The Junior Team who has the most members attending on the night will have one of their members drawn at random and they will receive a signed shirt from the club. The Trust will then conduct a survey of those who attended on the night to ask about their experience on the night and future match attendance.

There will be a meeting between the club and the FITC to discuss some of the further ideas about working with schools and what can be done to help get the schools to push the tickets more with their students in a way that is mutually beneficial."

----------

Bit unsure why the OS story doesn't contain details about the opportunity to win a signed shirt, it might help generate interest. Presumably this is being promoted when junior teams were contacted/contact the club and contact info is collected. Anyone on here involved in junior teams locally taking up the offer?
[Post edited 10 Sep 2014 18:51]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

More supporters for life on 18:50 - Sep 10 with 2100 viewsPDIDDY

Most smaller clubs hand freebies out to junior schools, the thing is, if parents don't want to go the kids can't go,

Gissa job

More supporters for life on 18:54 - Sep 10 with 2093 views442Dale

More supporters for life on 18:50 - Sep 10 by PDIDDY

Most smaller clubs hand freebies out to junior schools, the thing is, if parents don't want to go the kids can't go,

Yeah, that's always been a good point. Never understand why clubs don't add an offer where a parent gets in for a tenner on the tickets they hand out. If it means five kids and their parents turn up when they wouldn't have bothered, it's very worthwhile.

Got to get them through the doors first, then work on keeping them coming back.

More supporters for life on 18:55 - Sep 10 with 2088 viewsdilleydaler

I sponsor a goal and the form one is sent to complete. Is frankly embarrassing. My 10 yr old could produce something more presentable. Instead it's a photocopied, off centre black and white effort, no club crest, no address on it to which to respond, let alone an addressed envelope or imagine, an email address with or details of how one might pay by on line banking. I do it because I want to help the club, but it's painful - to give money.

My point is it's just one example of shoddy attitude. The match advert board on Wilbutts/ Sandy is another.

No doubt we will be getting the Christmas Raffle tickets, do me a favour, surely they could get someone who understands marketing involved to freshen it up.

It's all been said on here before, but bl00dy he'll - get it sorted.

A local college kid doing marketing could make a massive difference doing a few hours a week.

FFS. Rant over.
More supporters for life on 19:00 - Sep 10 with 2066 viewsD_Alien

More supporters for life on 18:55 - Sep 10 by dilleydaler

I sponsor a goal and the form one is sent to complete. Is frankly embarrassing. My 10 yr old could produce something more presentable. Instead it's a photocopied, off centre black and white effort, no club crest, no address on it to which to respond, let alone an addressed envelope or imagine, an email address with or details of how one might pay by on line banking. I do it because I want to help the club, but it's painful - to give money.

My point is it's just one example of shoddy attitude. The match advert board on Wilbutts/ Sandy is another.

No doubt we will be getting the Christmas Raffle tickets, do me a favour, surely they could get someone who understands marketing involved to freshen it up.

A local college kid doing marketing could make a massive difference doing a few hours a week.

FFS. Rant over.

Why not send it back - uncompleted - to Colin Garlick and ask him if he thinks the person responsible for sending it out has got it right? With the proviso that you'll return one with some sponsorship money attached when they send you something less trashy?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

More supporters for life on 19:29 - Sep 10 with 2015 views442Dale

More supporters for life on 18:55 - Sep 10 by dilleydaler

FFS. Rant over.

Was that for this season?

Login to get fewer ads

More supporters for life on 19:43 - Sep 10 with 1968 viewsdilleydaler

Been the same form, with typos for a few years
More supporters for life on 13:22 - Sep 11 with 1673 viewsVespaDale

Send the form here I'll make it look decent... if it's the same form as years back then it is just plain laziness!!!
More supporters for life on 14:40 - Sep 11 with 1623 viewsVespa

Bloody kids getting a discount!! Why should they get in for free whilst I have to pay full price?

All the kids round our way do is go to school, go home, do their home work and then kick a ball about in the park.

Bunch of feckless swines.

Even if it did increase secondary sales, increase the fan base for the future, increase interest in the club, increase shirt sales and just provide the little darling with good memories they'll enjoy for the rest of their lives and maybe just increase pride in our town why should I pay full price and they get a discount?

Makes no sense.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2014 14:42]

Up the Dale, C'mon Hornets

More supporters for life on 15:27 - Sep 11 with 1583 viewsnordenblue

More supporters for life on 14:40 - Sep 11 by Vespa

Bloody kids getting a discount!! Why should they get in for free whilst I have to pay full price?

All the kids round our way do is go to school, go home, do their home work and then kick a ball about in the park.

Bunch of feckless swines.

Even if it did increase secondary sales, increase the fan base for the future, increase interest in the club, increase shirt sales and just provide the little darling with good memories they'll enjoy for the rest of their lives and maybe just increase pride in our town why should I pay full price and they get a discount?

Makes no sense.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2014 14:42]

Surely they get a discount anyway for being a child in comparison to you?
Any chance you can bore us with some more bullshit about Hornets, or Rochdale RLFC or whatever this weeks name is instead?
More supporters for life on 15:34 - Sep 11 with 1574 viewsTVOS1907

More supporters for life on 15:27 - Sep 11 by nordenblue

Any chance you can bore us with some more bullshit about Hornets, or Rochdale RLFC or whatever this weeks name is instead?

I think you've been whooshed, nb.

Good last sentence, however.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

More supporters for life on 15:45 - Sep 11 with 1561 viewsVespa

More supporters for life on 15:27 - Sep 11 by nordenblue

Take it easy NB I'm only toying with you.

FWIW anything that ultimately increases revenue and profits for the club is a good thing in my opinion. It's something the new Hornets did but seam to have stopped (or eased back on) recently which is a mistake in my opinion.

Hornets demoted, in any other season we would have just about scrapped through 3rd from bottom but not this one. At least we'll get a little parachute payment and hopefully push on for next season.

No news on the stadium, not even any rumours, I thought about about trying to phone Russel Crow but couldn't be arsed as I don't think he'd take my call.

Up the Dale, C'mon Hornets

More supporters for life on 15:47 - Sep 11 with 1557 viewsD_Alien

More supporters for life on 15:45 - Sep 11 by Vespa

Take it easy NB I'm only toying with you.

FWIW anything that ultimately increases revenue and profits for the club is a good thing in my opinion. It's something the new Hornets did but seam to have stopped (or eased back on) recently which is a mistake in my opinion.

Hornets demoted, in any other season we would have just about scrapped through 3rd from bottom but not this one. At least we'll get a little parachute payment and hopefully push on for next season.

No news on the stadium, not even any rumours, I thought about about trying to phone Russel Crow but couldn't be arsed as I don't think he'd take my call.

See what you've unleashed now, NB?!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

More supporters for life on 19:51 - Sep 11 with 1421 viewsnordenblue

More supporters for life on 15:34 - Sep 11 by TVOS1907

I think you've been whooshed, nb.

Good last sentence, however.

I knew exactly what the aim of the game was and it appears hes had a good nibble in return, now there's a good chap
More supporters for life on 19:53 - Sep 11 with 1420 viewsnordenblue

More supporters for life on 15:47 - Sep 11 by D_Alien

See what you've unleashed now, NB?!

The reading would help anyone on here that requires a remedy for insomnia
More supporters for life on 21:11 - Sep 12 with 1265 viewsizzitme

I totally agree with this.
They all must buy a programme, simple. At least some revenue and an opportunity to help develop their reading skills in an age wherein they continue to be abysmally failed by the system.
More supporters for life on 21:58 - Sep 12 with 1233 viewsRAFC1907

More supporters for life on 18:50 - Sep 10 by PDIDDY

The majority of the tickets lets say 700 to go to high school pupils aged 14.

Simply because they are a bit more wiser and don't always need an adult.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2014 22:01]

Poll: Bottomley...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024