Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have had to leave the old place! 22:21 - Aug 10 with 2238 views1953Original

Well this place seems like a breath of fresh air - the other place is a bit like a bad William Golding novel! They have just speared the club secretary and have stuck his head on a stick! Whilst I'm against over-moderation it's clear forums need some sense of semblance and sadly the old place has gone to rack and ruin!

I did come across on Friday but it all looked a bit quiet but pleased to see some familiar and respected names have been logging on here - hope the likes of curryman, wizaard, 20's, insider, Roy5Live and others find their way here - respected and interesting posters!

Anyhow have already seen a few threads I'd like to chip in to - incidentally 1953original is my new name - didn't post on the old site much but a prize for anyone who can guess who I was!!
[Post edited 10 Aug 2014 22:22]

Poll: League One Play Off Winners?

Have had to leave the old place! on 22:23 - Aug 10 with 1896 viewsstu

Born in the fifties

Tangerine is the new black

Have had to leave the old place! on 22:23 - Aug 10 with 1896 viewsFixitian

Tangerine Mole?
Have had to leave the old place! on 22:27 - Aug 10 with 1884 viewsTomorTrev

TDL?

Be careful Karl, BFC is my life!!
Poll: What points tally will we get this season?

Have had to leave the old place! on 22:29 - Aug 10 with 1875 viewsstu

Trevor Sinclair btw

Have had to leave the old place! on 22:31 - Aug 10 with 1867 viewsTomorTrev

Have had to leave the old place! on 22:29 - Aug 10 by stu

Trevor Sinclair btw

Corrctomundo

Be careful Karl, BFC is my life!!
Poll: What points tally will we get this season?

Have had to leave the old place! on 22:33 - Aug 10 with 1859 viewsPoolman

Have had to leave the old place! on 22:29 - Aug 10 by stu

Trevor Sinclair btw

Welcome 53 - have already seen Curryman and Wizz over here - think it might take a while before people become aware of this place. I left the old place when the moderator asked for moderators (guarantee that'll end in tears) and announced everyone who was banned were unbanned (probably about 4 people in truth - the usual serial offenders!).

Great site with some good (and new) posters!

Are you Dame?

Poll: What did you do with Fonz?

Have had to leave the old place! on 22:37 - Aug 10 with 1847 viewshackneyseasider

Junior Bent's Platform shoes?
Have had to leave the old place! on 22:38 - Aug 10 with 1846 viewsBFC_Tim

Good choice 1953 - welcome on board!

Poll: Who reckons we'll beat Watford?

Login to get fewer ads

Have had to leave the old place! on 23:09 - Aug 10 with 1820 viewshertfordseasider

The old board is no different to how it ever was in my opinion. Still busy, still spats, still some interesting debate. Not sure why there is this them and us divisiveness. Why are you so treated by the old board?

I think there should have been some information that this was happening, it all seems to have been done in a rather sneaky way. No consultation of the user group? That's a very arrogant and short sighted way of doing things.

I will continue on the old site as my regular and dip into here and the other 2 sites.

Just accept them for what they are, no need to get funny about it. I will say I will never be swayed by bells and whistles, I don't care if I have a million smileys, an avatar or I can put video on my post, it is the content and debate which is important. At the moment this place is more about bells and whistles than content, but with some foresight and consultation it could have been better.
Have had to leave the old place! on 23:13 - Aug 10 with 1808 viewsstu

Thanks we're honoured Hertfordshire

Have had to leave the old place! on 23:13 - Aug 10 with 1808 viewsCurryman

Have had to leave the old place! on 23:09 - Aug 10 by hertfordseasider

The old board is no different to how it ever was in my opinion. Still busy, still spats, still some interesting debate. Not sure why there is this them and us divisiveness. Why are you so treated by the old board?

I think there should have been some information that this was happening, it all seems to have been done in a rather sneaky way. No consultation of the user group? That's a very arrogant and short sighted way of doing things.

I will continue on the old site as my regular and dip into here and the other 2 sites.

Just accept them for what they are, no need to get funny about it. I will say I will never be swayed by bells and whistles, I don't care if I have a million smileys, an avatar or I can put video on my post, it is the content and debate which is important. At the moment this place is more about bells and whistles than content, but with some foresight and consultation it could have been better.

Thankyou Herts, it's nice to hear you respect me.

I'll remind you of it some time.

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

Have had to leave the old place! on 23:17 - Aug 10 with 1801 viewsAVFTT

Have had to leave the old place! on 23:09 - Aug 10 by hertfordseasider

Hertford - the ironic thing in all of this is every week there were threads on AVFTT saying 'this site is slow', 'please update this site', 'clownshoes.net', 'please move to a newer site! - this is over 5 years - and when we asked what fans wanted they told us what this site has offered. We even put a link to TWTD.co.uk (our sister site) only a couple of weeks ago and asked if this is what fans wanted and other than for some who said they didn't want pics and videos (which you have the option here of not having) there was a unanimous vote of yes!

We could repeat the story again about what happened at the end at FOL but it's old news now and we're happy where we are and are building a new community every day. Good luck to them - plenty of space for debate and discussion. I'd like to think we'll grow as more than a forum and hope you'll spread the word for others to try us, as you are, for which we are grateful.

P.S. Welcome on board 1953original!

This post has been edited by an administrator
Have had to leave the old place! on 23:19 - Aug 10 with 1793 viewsstu

avftt I like this sight, respectful posters apart from the odd few. It will grow

Have had to leave the old place! on 23:46 - Aug 10 with 1758 viewshertfordseasider

Have had to leave the old place! on 23:13 - Aug 10 by Curryman

Thankyou Herts, it's nice to hear you respect me.

I'll remind you of it some time.

I think you've picked the wrong post Wilf, I never mentioned you!!

I always respect my elders!!

I think the other replies just sum it up really. I never moaned about the crashes, it was what it ws, it didn't happen often. I just think the move should have been en masse with the blessing of the users rather than the way it was done. I never saw any links to any sister sites.... sister sites to what? This was done on the sneaky and you know it and I think that was a tactical error.

And as for the crass comments about thinking me for using this site, well, if their are tools that nmake comments like that on here, maybe I'll change my mind, although some little no mark won't dictate to me where I do or don't post.

Divisive, that's what this has done.
Have had to leave the old place! on 00:10 - Aug 11 with 1741 viewsWizaard

To be fair Pete, the divisions were already there. If you aren't willing to personally garotte Oyston should you meet one, including the kids, then you're deemed to be a bumspider; you could call it a clique if you like.

What I find here is that so far, a certain amount of respect is holding for views with no one getting annoyed at their viewpoint not being wholeheartedly embraced.

It might not last, but the old site is getting more and more extreme. It probably always was, but stepping back slightly and looking from slightly afar, (although I can't resist some posts), I can see the analogy to Lord of the Flies is looking true. All getting very personal on there.
Have had to leave the old place! on 00:21 - Aug 11 with 1729 viewsrealistic

Have had to leave the old place! on 00:10 - Aug 11 by Wizaard

To be fair Pete, the divisions were already there. If you aren't willing to personally garotte Oyston should you meet one, including the kids, then you're deemed to be a bumspider; you could call it a clique if you like.

What I find here is that so far, a certain amount of respect is holding for views with no one getting annoyed at their viewpoint not being wholeheartedly embraced.

It might not last, but the old site is getting more and more extreme. It probably always was, but stepping back slightly and looking from slightly afar, (although I can't resist some posts), I can see the analogy to Lord of the Flies is looking true. All getting very personal on there.

That's not entirely true and pidgeonholding at best, regarding the term 'bumspider,' which I would personally never use, I found apologist more apt.

To say every poster who wasn't willing to garotte an Oyston, should they meet one, was automatically deemed a 'bumspider' is absolute rubbish.

The ones who I'd question personally, were ones who mocked people for questioning the Oystons tenure and the ones who made frequent apologies for them, you were included in this bracket at times, as plenty of posters tackled you for it, they can't ALL be wrong.

It's hardly Lord of the Flies, and personal attacks came from ALL sides, including from a removed moderator.

This site has many good features and people can choose to post on all the sites avaliable, nothing should be a closed shop, private members club or clique.

It's not about how many games you attend, how long you've been a Pool fan, how many away games you go too, it's about being a Tangerine.

''quod saveris metes''

Have had to leave the old place! on 00:24 - Aug 11 with 1725 viewsWizaard

Have had to leave the old place! on 00:21 - Aug 11 by realistic

That's not entirely true and pidgeonholding at best, regarding the term 'bumspider,' which I would personally never use, I found apologist more apt.

To say every poster who wasn't willing to garotte an Oyston, should they meet one, was automatically deemed a 'bumspider' is absolute rubbish.

The ones who I'd question personally, were ones who mocked people for questioning the Oystons tenure and the ones who made frequent apologies for them, you were included in this bracket at times, as plenty of posters tackled you for it, they can't ALL be wrong.

It's hardly Lord of the Flies, and personal attacks came from ALL sides, including from a removed moderator.

This site has many good features and people can choose to post on all the sites avaliable, nothing should be a closed shop, private members club or clique.

It's not about how many games you attend, how long you've been a Pool fan, how many away games you go too, it's about being a Tangerine.

And that's where we differ. I happen to think it's about the football and not the Oystons. Some have taken the hatred of the latter out of all perspective to the extent that they're not going to watch the team at all. How in all conscience does that make them a supporter?

All they're doing is walking away.

IMO
Have had to leave the old place! on 00:31 - Aug 11 with 1724 viewshertfordseasider

Have had to leave the old place! on 00:10 - Aug 11 by Wizaard

I think that's way over the top Wiz, garrotte the kids?? There wasn't much on there about that and rightly so it was all twitter and the like. I defended the kids and would do so again, I was never accused of anything.

The Lord of the flies analogy is ridiculous too. It is a message board. There is nothing on there that is any worse than before the split, if anything it has been pretty calm.

The things that are extreme are millions of pounds gone from the club, a massive rift between manager and chairman, players not registered, no new training ground and on and on, those are the extremes. There has been a personal spat between 2 posters on there, friends, maybe the wrong place to hold it but it could happen anywhere it isn't a message boards making.

If you want a sterile, bland, grey message board then this might be the place. I still say it was sneakily done and didn't involve it's client base. I would say 90% of the original users are still on the old site! they may move over they may stay! who knows! they may use both! but let's drop the melodramatic clap trap please!
Have had to leave the old place! on 00:35 - Aug 11 with 1714 viewsrealistic

Have had to leave the old place! on 00:24 - Aug 11 by Wizaard

And that's where we differ. I happen to think it's about the football and not the Oystons. Some have taken the hatred of the latter out of all perspective to the extent that they're not going to watch the team at all. How in all conscience does that make them a supporter?

All they're doing is walking away.

IMO

Wizaard when will the penny drop with you?

The football is directly affected BY the Oystons, it's really not that hard to work out ... think about it?

Everybody is different, everyone deals with things in different ways, some people are so annoyed they've had enough, can't you understand that?

Just because people don't share your view, or attend as many games as you do, doesn't make them any less of a Pool fan.

Once you understand that, you'll be a better poster for it.

''quod saveris metes''

Have had to leave the old place! on 00:36 - Aug 11 with 1713 viewsrealistic

Have had to leave the old place! on 00:31 - Aug 11 by hertfordseasider

I think that's way over the top Wiz, garrotte the kids?? There wasn't much on there about that and rightly so it was all twitter and the like. I defended the kids and would do so again, I was never accused of anything.

The Lord of the flies analogy is ridiculous too. It is a message board. There is nothing on there that is any worse than before the split, if anything it has been pretty calm.

The things that are extreme are millions of pounds gone from the club, a massive rift between manager and chairman, players not registered, no new training ground and on and on, those are the extremes. There has been a personal spat between 2 posters on there, friends, maybe the wrong place to hold it but it could happen anywhere it isn't a message boards making.

If you want a sterile, bland, grey message board then this might be the place. I still say it was sneakily done and didn't involve it's client base. I would say 90% of the original users are still on the old site! they may move over they may stay! who knows! they may use both! but let's drop the melodramatic clap trap please!

Very well put and many share your view herts

''quod saveris metes''

Have had to leave the old place! on 00:49 - Aug 11 with 1698 viewsThe_Ghost

Have had to leave the old place! on 00:36 - Aug 11 by realistic

Very well put and many share your view herts

I was wondering about commitment and involvement the other day. Some fans just go to the games for the football itself and don't want to get involved with behind the scenes politics.

Each fan is different and has different priorities. Some good points have been made in this thread.
Have had to leave the old place! on 00:49 - Aug 11 with 1697 viewsWizaard

Of course it wasn't you Pete, but it was on there about the parents putting the kids in the firing line made them a fair target.

And as for realistic's comments, I think I've made it crystal clear of how I've viewed the input of the Chairman this summer. Carry on trying to rile, but one of the key features that helps the moderation on here is the ignore function

It's good for the blood pressure. Back to the golf.

Goodnight.
Have had to leave the old place! on 00:59 - Aug 11 with 1689 viewsrealistic

Have had to leave the old place! on 00:49 - Aug 11 by Wizaard

Of course it wasn't you Pete, but it was on there about the parents putting the kids in the firing line made them a fair target.

And as for realistic's comments, I think I've made it crystal clear of how I've viewed the input of the Chairman this summer. Carry on trying to rile, but one of the key features that helps the moderation on here is the ignore function

It's good for the blood pressure. Back to the golf.

Goodnight.

Wizaard, I am not trying to rile you, your anger issues are your own problem, not mine. As always when valid points are made to your claims, you choose to ignore, nothing has changed and no wonder you get spoken about as you do.

I was talking about your accusations about fellow supporters and the original AVFTT, and not the solely the chairman.

It comes as no surprise when fairly challenged, you choose to walk away.

''quod saveris metes''

Have had to leave the old place! on 01:00 - Aug 11 with 1688 viewsrealistic

Have had to leave the old place! on 00:49 - Aug 11 by The_Ghost

I was wondering about commitment and involvement the other day. Some fans just go to the games for the football itself and don't want to get involved with behind the scenes politics.

Each fan is different and has different priorities. Some good points have been made in this thread.

True Ghost, can't argue with that.

''quod saveris metes''

Have had to leave the old place! on 21:54 - Aug 24 with 1412 views1953Original

Have had to leave the old place! on 01:00 - Aug 11 by realistic

True Ghost, can't argue with that.

Nice to see this place getting busier - lots of new names today.

Poll: League One Play Off Winners?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024