Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I can't be the only one 01:21 - Aug 10 with 1510 viewsSwan91

Who thought that Ashley Williams was much more worse than Bartley today. Bartley was making tackles shouting and communicating with the other players obviously a couple of mistakes.

But Williams didn't look interested. His head was down he wasn't communicating and was the cause for the free kick (which caused the goal). All he did was shrug his shoulders and looked depressed throughout. Obviously this is just a friendly and he is our best defender but as a player who is the captain he should be more involved and look to work things out instead of being not interested.
I can't be the only one on 01:37 - Aug 10 with 1491 viewsUplandsJack

Not seen the game yet as away on hols, but I recognise the description of Ash as we saw it more than a few times last year!!!
I wonder why didn't GM try Amat & Bartley together. After all it was a friendly and if I recall rightly they played the last game of the season together and did very well... (Forgive me if I'm wrong mind)
Either way it sounds like it couldn't have been any worse that the performance served up yesterday!!!
I can't be the only one on 01:50 - Aug 10 with 1454 viewsDavillin

I did not focus in on either Williams or Bartley, but whenever Bartley caught my eye it was because he was working his socks off and contributing to team movement.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

I can't be the only one on 05:41 - Aug 10 with 1364 viewsBournedore

Agreed. Ash had a shocker. On top of the free kick he conceded for the goal he wasn't strong enough or switched on enough for the third. Looked like a guy who knows his place is guaranteed. Amazing that people have been calling for a right back signing but it's taken Chico to bail before a lot have recognised the need for a new CB. We've needed one for a while, not just the last couple of weeks...
I can't be the only one on 09:26 - Aug 10 with 1189 viewsJethroJack

Ash played like someone who wished he'd was playing somewhere else. Very unprofessional.
I can't be the only one on 09:32 - Aug 10 with 1167 viewsSwanaldinho

I can't be the only one on 09:26 - Aug 10 by JethroJack

Ash played like someone who wished he'd was playing somewhere else. Very unprofessional.

Ash played like someone who could not understand why we were playing 442

Could not understand why our best player was playing right midfield instead of No10

Could not understand why the club did not do more to hold onto Chico Flores

Could not understand why a player with no football brain was playing alongside him

Could not understand why all this is happening in a friendly 1 week before the season starts.

We feel your pain Ashley.
I can't be the only one on 09:35 - Aug 10 with 1152 viewsPhil_S

I can't be the only one on 09:32 - Aug 10 by Swanaldinho

Could not understand why our best player was playing right midfield instead of No10

Could not understand why a player with no football brain was playing alongside him

Could not understand why all this is happening in a friendly 1 week before the season starts.

Thats a fair number of excuses he's got there for playing crap
I can't be the only one on 10:32 - Aug 10 with 1084 viewsUplandsJack

I can't be the only one on 09:35 - Aug 10 by Phil_S

Thats a fair number of excuses he's got there for playing crap

I was thinking exactly the same thing...
I can't be the only one on 12:25 - Aug 10 with 991 viewsblaine_scfc

I can't be the only one on 09:26 - Aug 10 by JethroJack

As soon as things start going against us, Ash throws his toys out. Good defender on his day but really poor captain.
Login to get fewer ads

I can't be the only one on 12:34 - Aug 10 with 959 viewsIAN05

He was at least as bad. He needs to talk the likes of Bartley through the game more than he does.

That said, we know Williams will come good. I'm not convinced Bartley is quite good enough.
I can't be the only one on 13:51 - Aug 10 with 903 viewscanhecatchit

Ash was shit yesterday. He was ball watching so many times it was unbelieveable. He was marking Rangels player most of the time when Rangel was right alongside him.
Also he is no Captain, we need to find someone who can lead these players on the pitch not just go up for the coin toss !

Swansea City, my one and only love , oh and then there's the Wife

I can't be the only one on 14:29 - Aug 10 with 863 viewsDavillin

I can't be the only one on 09:32 - Aug 10 by Swanaldinho

Are you certain that your list is not what you "could not understands"?
[Post edited 10 Aug 2014 14:42]

I can't be the only one on 14:40 - Aug 10 with 839 viewsLeonisGod

I can't be the only one on 01:50 - Aug 10 by Davillin

I did not focus in on either Williams or Bartley, but whenever Bartley caught my eye it was because he was working his socks off and contributing to team movement.

Or another way of putting that would be to say he was charging round like a crazy loon. Our back line was all over the shop with Bratley in it. Much more controlled and disciplined once Amat cam on (to my untrained eye). Maybe bartley is given free reign to do that, but if not it must drive Ash nuts.

Bartley likes hi interceptions, but it does cause us problems and pull us out of shape. JJS was dropping into CB position a few time yesterday to cover, and then we're light in the middle when we regain possession.

Fair to say, it looks like work in progress :-)
I can't be the only one on 14:43 - Aug 10 with 826 viewsUplandsJack

I can't be the only one on 13:51 - Aug 10 by canhecatchit

Ash was shit yesterday. He was ball watching so many times it was unbelieveable. He was marking Rangels player most of the time when Rangel was right alongside him.
Also he is no Captain, we need to find someone who can lead these players on the pitch not just go up for the coin toss !

I repeat I've not seen the game yesterday but I have expressed my feelings regarding "Ash the captain".....
Not that I see his big buddy GM doing anything about it but if he did hypothetically, who would you give the armband to and please no-one suggest NT as he hasn't been any better the few occasions he tried it...
I can't be the only one on 14:43 - Aug 10 with 826 viewsDavillin

I can't be the only one on 14:40 - Aug 10 by LeonisGod

Or another way of putting that would be to say he was charging round like a crazy loon. Our back line was all over the shop with Bratley in it. Much more controlled and disciplined once Amat cam on (to my untrained eye). Maybe bartley is given free reign to do that, but if not it must drive Ash nuts.

Bartley likes hi interceptions, but it does cause us problems and pull us out of shape. JJS was dropping into CB position a few time yesterday to cover, and then we're light in the middle when we regain possession.

Fair to say, it looks like work in progress :-)

Fair enough, thanks.

I can't be the only one on 14:44 - Aug 10 with 820 viewsDavillin

I can't be the only one on 14:43 - Aug 10 by UplandsJack

I repeat I've not seen the game yesterday but I have expressed my feelings regarding "Ash the captain".....
Not that I see his big buddy GM doing anything about it but if he did hypothetically, who would you give the armband to and please no-one suggest NT as he hasn't been any better the few occasions he tried it...

[Post edited 10 Aug 2014 14:47]

I can't be the only one on 14:46 - Aug 10 with 814 viewsLeonisGod

I can't be the only one on 14:43 - Aug 10 by Davillin

Fair enough, thanks.

There's a beast of a player in Bartley. He was clobbering Villarreal players yesterday like it was a Champions league final
I can't be the only one on 15:19 - Aug 10 with 772 viewsUplandsJack

I can't be the only one on 14:46 - Aug 10 by LeonisGod

There's a beast of a player in Bartley. He was clobbering Villarreal players yesterday like it was a Champions league final

Yes I agree that Bartley has the potential to be a top quality CB. Remember also he is only 23 (or there a outs) and has only limited experience at this level... I'd like to see Amat converted into a DM player as he can tackle well, has a good presence with his stature. He can also read the game and is good with the ball at feet.
But both of these players will need time. Time we now sadly don't seem to have...
I think if we can get a replacement for Chico plus get Leon back ASAP, we would then be able to possibly peruse this as an option.
I really feel we need to strengthen at RB as a matter of urgency as Rangel was found wanting from about a 3rd of the way through last season and it seems from comments on here that has continued during pre-season (so that cancels any claims of tiredness/too many games that I heard as excuses given for him).
NT is adequate at LB as I felt like some he is a much better Defender than BD. Hopefully the more he plays the confidence will return and he may start coming down the line more too...

I think Shelvey could be a great captain but he would need to get the balance in his temperament so maybe Leon this year & Shelvey from next season?!?!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024