Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Van Dijk for £8m 09:03 - Aug 6 with 15116 viewsParlay

Newcastle have been quoted that figure to land him. Think thats too rich for us. He is a cracking player though.

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-must-p

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Van Dijk for £8m on 16:31 - Aug 6 with 4537 viewsdobjack2

Van Dijk for £8m on 12:56 - Aug 6 by raynor94

I think with the players we have already signed that's not the case

I would have thought that it would depend on who we are in competition with
Van Dijk for £8m on 16:36 - Aug 6 with 4506 viewsRancid

Why wasn't he selected for the Dutch WC squad then? Blind and Ron Vlaar were the competition.Blind yeah but before the tournament Vlaar was considered a bit of a clumper.He did have 2 good games though especially the Argentina game.The way we're talking this Dutch lad up makes it surprising he wasn't in the squad.
Van Dijk for £8m on 16:38 - Aug 6 with 4495 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

Van Dijk for £8m on 16:17 - Aug 6 by skippyjack

I know.. the exodus of Michu (loan fee.. wages freed up).. Poz, Lita, Ngog, Vorm, Davies, Lamah, Vasquez, Edwards (hefty fee apparently), Obeng, Meade and Canas, Chico Hernandez possibly going for fees... Ash, Monks.. The Directors have a hefty pay increase and dividend.. jobs a good un... I'm still miffed and baffled... we've saved millions in wages ...
[Post edited 6 Aug 2014 16:20]

This pre-season I just don't understand why a lot of people on here are saying we can't afford a transfer fee of over £5m and the fact that we don't have any money !

All the players we have released freeing up wages and the small amount we have spent in transfers should mean we have a bit in the kitty for transfers
Van Dijk for £8m on 16:40 - Aug 6 with 4470 viewsmagicdaps10

Van Dijk for £8m on 16:38 - Aug 6 by TenkosBlondeWig

This pre-season I just don't understand why a lot of people on here are saying we can't afford a transfer fee of over £5m and the fact that we don't have any money !

All the players we have released freeing up wages and the small amount we have spent in transfers should mean we have a bit in the kitty for transfers

We should easily have 20M in transfer fee's after all the business in and out.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Van Dijk for £8m on 16:43 - Aug 6 with 4453 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

Van Dijk for £8m on 16:40 - Aug 6 by magicdaps10

We should easily have 20M in transfer fee's after all the business in and out.

Lita's wages alone would be a hefty sum towards the transfer kitty
Van Dijk for £8m on 17:04 - Aug 6 with 4378 viewsDrizzy

If £3.5m for Chico was such a steal you'd think any half decent club in Europe would offer more for this "proven" Premier League defender.

Oh wait they're not. Off to Qatar he goes then. About his level.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Van Dijk for £8m on 17:40 - Aug 6 with 4303 viewsblaine_scfc

I'm hoping this is a done deal, just waiting for Chico to sign up in Qatar and then this one can go though. If we haven't got a replacement lined up immediately then someone wants shooting.

As I said though, Chico to Qatar was a done deal weeks back, they have more than likely (hopefully!) been working on this one in the background.

Big result for Celtic tonight changes everything though I would assume.
Van Dijk for £8m on 17:44 - Aug 6 with 4286 viewsMagicDaps

Van Dijk for £8m on 16:36 - Aug 6 by Rancid

Why wasn't he selected for the Dutch WC squad then? Blind and Ron Vlaar were the competition.Blind yeah but before the tournament Vlaar was considered a bit of a clumper.He did have 2 good games though especially the Argentina game.The way we're talking this Dutch lad up makes it surprising he wasn't in the squad.

He should have been selected for the World Cup squad based on his performances and many were disappointed he was left out but Blind wasn't his competition, he plays in a different position.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Login to get fewer ads

Van Dijk for £8m on 17:49 - Aug 6 with 4257 viewsRancid

Van Dijk for £8m on 17:44 - Aug 6 by MagicDaps

He should have been selected for the World Cup squad based on his performances and many were disappointed he was left out but Blind wasn't his competition, he plays in a different position.

They played a funny defensive line, didn't they? Was Blind more of a Right Back amongst 3 central defenders or did they play 4 and Blind an out and out RB?
Van Dijk for £8m on 17:55 - Aug 6 with 4227 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Is the Celtic game on tv tonight ?
If so what channel please .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Van Dijk for £8m on 18:14 - Aug 6 with 4177 viewsicecoldjack

Van Dijk for £8m on 17:55 - Aug 6 by oh_tommy_tommy

Is the Celtic game on tv tonight ?
If so what channel please .

Good shout, it will be worth tuning in to check out our feeder club !
Van Dijk for £8m on 18:40 - Aug 6 with 4112 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Van Dijk for £8m on 10:28 - Aug 6 by raynor94

A 1.5 million profit shocking?

That's not the point. The guy did very well for us in the PL and is only twenty seven and if rumours are to be believed we're going to be paying 6-8 million for an untried CB who hasn't play PL before. A profit of only 1.5 million makes me feel like we've been mugged

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Van Dijk for £8m on 18:43 - Aug 6 with 4100 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Van Dijk for £8m on 17:04 - Aug 6 by Drizzy

If £3.5m for Chico was such a steal you'd think any half decent club in Europe would offer more for this "proven" Premier League defender.

They've probably never seen him play. Just as you haven't

Van Dijk for £8m on 18:45 - Aug 6 with 4083 viewslondonlisa2001

Van Dijk for £8m on 18:40 - Aug 6 by Brynmill_Jack

That's not the point. The guy did very well for us in the PL and is only twenty seven and if rumours are to be believed we're going to be paying 6-8 million for an untried CB who hasn't play PL before. A profit of only 1.5 million makes me feel like we've been mugged

reports earlier suggested that £3.5m was turned down and we were holding out for £5m. Suspect that the agreed fee is somewhere inbetween given that he's been allowed to talk. £4m-£5m for Chico isn't bad I don't think.
Van Dijk for £8m on 18:48 - Aug 6 with 4062 viewsnyc_swans

Van Dijk for £8m on 18:40 - Aug 6 by Brynmill_Jack

nobody knows why he's leaving so it's pointless to assume the club were merely trying to cash in. personally i couldn't see any club willing to stump up 6-8M for a player who was a solid player, but best known around the league for being something of a clown.

will be easier to assess this piece of business when we find out if a new CB is coming in.
Van Dijk for £8m on 18:48 - Aug 6 with 2860 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Van Dijk for £8m on 18:45 - Aug 6 by londonlisa2001

reports earlier suggested that £3.5m was turned down and we were holding out for £5m. Suspect that the agreed fee is somewhere inbetween given that he's been allowed to talk. £4m-£5m for Chico isn't bad I don't think.

£5 million wouldn't be too bad. But if we've got to pay higher for an untried centre half then it's still a bad deal

Van Dijk for £8m on 18:53 - Aug 6 with 2835 viewsAngelRangelQS

Van Dijk for £8m on 17:04 - Aug 6 by Drizzy

Spot on
Van Dijk for £8m on 18:53 - Aug 6 with 2835 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Van Dijk for £8m on 18:48 - Aug 6 by nyc_swans

nobody knows why he's leaving so it's pointless to assume the club were merely trying to cash in. personally i couldn't see any club willing to stump up 6-8M for a player who was a solid player, but best known around the league for being something of a clown.

will be easier to assess this piece of business when we find out if a new CB is coming in.

Nels, did you see him play in the flesh? I did on over 40- 50 occasions and whilst his play acting was dreadful he was one cultured MF defender. Our attacking play won't be the same without him either. He did make mistakes but was scapegoated on here when others (including Vorm, Ben, Ash, Rangel) got away without criticism for their errors.

Van Dijk for £8m on 19:42 - Aug 6 with 2714 viewsDrizzy

Van Dijk for £8m on 18:43 - Aug 6 by Brynmill_Jack

They've probably never seen him play. Just as you haven't

Well done, Bryn.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Van Dijk for £8m on 19:45 - Aug 6 with 2691 viewsFlashberryjack

Van Dijk for £8m on 18:53 - Aug 6 by Brynmill_Jack

Nels, did you see him play in the flesh? I did on over 40- 50 occasions and whilst his play acting was dreadful he was one cultured MF defender. Our attacking play won't be the same without him either. He did make mistakes but was scapegoated on here when others (including Vorm, Ben, Ash, Rangel) got away without criticism for their errors.

Spot on

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Van Dijk for £8m on 19:57 - Aug 6 with 2663 viewsScoobyWho

Van Dijk for £8m on 09:11 - Aug 6 by Parlay

I cant see us splashing £8m on a center back. Saints are in the driving seat and have so much more financial clout than us.

Only if the gold diggers there want to pay, and it all looks like they have pocketed most of it as a part of their asset stripping.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Van Dijk for £8m on 20:34 - Aug 6 with 2581 viewsCatullus

Van Dijk for £8m on 16:17 - Aug 6 by skippyjack

I know.. the exodus of Michu (loan fee.. wages freed up).. Poz, Lita, Ngog, Vorm, Davies, Lamah, Vasquez, Edwards (hefty fee apparently), Obeng, Meade and Canas, Chico Hernandez possibly going for fees... Ash, Monks.. The Directors have a hefty pay increase and dividend.. jobs a good un... I'm still miffed and baffled... we've saved millions in wages ...
[Post edited 6 Aug 2014 16:20]

None of us know where we stand re current pay levels. Gomis is going to be on a huge salary.
I cannot back this up, but got talking to a fella in Skewen park who reckoned Gomis got a 3 million signing on and 75,000 a week. he named his source, but I won't.
But we cannot be sure just what % of income goes on wages right now. The board do know though, whatever deals still get done will be with that in mind.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Van Dijk for £8m on 20:37 - Aug 6 with 2559 viewsjack_in_exile

I overheard from a supposed ITK fan at a pre season game that Gomis is on 85k a week and we haven't paid all the money we owe to vitesse and we have to sell bony as were having cash flow problems. Haven't posted it before because I've only just finished p*ssing myself
Van Dijk for £8m on 20:52 - Aug 6 with 2436 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

Van Dijk for £8m on 20:37 - Aug 6 by jack_in_exile

I overheard from a supposed ITK fan at a pre season game that Gomis is on 85k a week and we haven't paid all the money we owe to vitesse and we have to sell bony as were having cash flow problems. Haven't posted it before because I've only just finished p*ssing myself

Is it April Fools Day?

£85k for a 29 year old who just been given a 4 year contract?

Cash Flow problems ?

I hope you laughed in his face
Van Dijk for £8m on 20:53 - Aug 6 with 2429 viewsShaky

Van Dijk for £8m on 20:37 - Aug 6 by jack_in_exile

That salary number sounds right to me.

Gomis was clearly auctioning himself and last I heard Newcastle were bidding £79k/week.

As for Bony, somebody has undoubtedly been shopping him around over the past month, and maybe it is not just his agent if Huw has blown his wodge on Gomis.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024