Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rio Ferdinand 17:27 - Jul 17 with 11075 viewssdm1508

Just tweeted that the medical has gone fine and on his way to Loftus Road to sign the contract
Rio Ferdinand on 22:16 - Jul 17 with 1782 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Rio Ferdinand on 21:49 - Jul 17 by CHUBBS

Some were still moaning vociferously with regards to playing Dunne late into the season even though he'd been one of our best players.
Its typical of todays fans who can't help but turn on a player as soon as he hits a poor spell of form.
I'm not overly happy with this signing but its only a year so we must have learnt something.
However if we're paying him 50 grand a week,we must be absolutely barking!

Chubbs, I think in fairness most (though not all, I grant you!) were saying Dunne should be rested rather than dropped for good. He looked shagged.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Rio Ferdinand on 22:17 - Jul 17 with 1777 viewsJigsore

Rio Ferdinand on 21:02 - Jul 17 by essextaxiboy

How have we got lots of bodies , Clint, Ehmer, Onouha, Dunne.

if we sign Caulker we will have 6 people to fill 2 CB positions

although we shouldn't really pretend Harry will ever give Ehmer a chance I suppose

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Rio Ferdinand on 22:24 - Jul 17 with 1722 viewsHAYESBOY

Harry on SSN stated we will be looking to play a back 3 this coming season.

A 3 of Onouha - Ferdinand - Caulker looks good on paper.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Rio Ferdinand on 22:26 - Jul 17 with 1714 viewskropotkin41

I presume this is more about know-how and organisation than anything else. And, don't forget:

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Rio Ferdinand on 22:28 - Jul 17 with 1688 viewsJigsore

Rio Ferdinand on 22:24 - Jul 17 by HAYESBOY

crikey really?

I give it 2 heavy defeats before we go back to 4-4-2

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Rio Ferdinand on 22:30 - Jul 17 with 1677 viewsrosseeles

It's a good signing, it's a year so no long term tie in, he's a very good defender even if he has lost some pace. He's a big name so will hopefully help attract others and from what I've seen he talks sense , pleased with this especially as he'll play in a 3 .
Rio Ferdinand on 22:32 - Jul 17 with 1662 viewssheppetonrs

Rio Ferdinand on 19:26 - Jul 17 by SomersetHoops

I am in favour of the Rio Ferdinand signing and welcome him to the club. From what I've heard he has been very honourable about his dealings with the club and irrespective of any other factors he has said from the start he would join QPR and hasn't gone round touting his services to any club that would want him and I think there are many.

If our medical is sufficiently stringent and he has passed it without issues, then there is no reason why he can't play an important part this season. Yes he is 35, but he has quality and integrity and I believe he will commit to the club in a way that some of our previous signings of this type did not. From what I've seen of him he only knows how to play by giving his best and I hope he enjoys doing that at QPR.

Totally agree, we go on about mercenaries and rightly so as we've had a few, but the bloke has signed a 1 year deal when I am sure he could have got much more on a longer deal abroad.
Clearly he wants to play prem football so that should say something about his desire and attitude.
Top signing, as much for what he brings to the dressing room if nothing else, although agree with later post the kit looks shocking!!
I wonder if some of our fans have learnt anything as you cannot compare him to Mbia Park etc..
Rio Ferdinand on 22:36 - Jul 17 with 1638 views08olesen

Very interesting to see how the 5 at the back work. I think it lends itself to us with Traore and Yun.

Then Surly Barton would hold and have others playing off him.

...................Green
.............Neds Rio Caulker
Simpson...............................Yun
....................Barton
......Faurlin...............Granero
...............Adel/New?
...................Remy

Looks a creative, but also strong defensively. Not sure how Hoilet and Phillips would be used... maybe in the Adel/Morrison role.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Login to get fewer ads

Rio Ferdinand on 22:39 - Jul 17 with 1618 viewsrosseeles

Adel and granero won't play, who knows about remy.
Rio Ferdinand on 22:40 - Jul 17 with 1613 viewsCHUBBS

Rio Ferdinand on 22:16 - Jul 17 by BrianMcCarthy

Chubbs, I think in fairness most (though not all, I grant you!) were saying Dunne should be rested rather than dropped for good. He looked shagged.

Yeah Brian i know,i was just voicing my feelings toward the minority who thought it acceptable to write Dunne off only for him to resurrect some brilliant form through the playoffs defending our goal like his life depended on it.
Rio Ferdinand on 22:41 - Jul 17 with 1606 viewssdm1508

if remy stays two up top with Austin. Maybe Phillips playing more central behind the strikers. He showed he could do that. If remy goes I would have 3 up top with Austin, Phillips and one other. Three at the back, two holding in midfield and then wing backs. Simpson, Traore/Yun
Rio Ferdinand on 22:44 - Jul 17 with 1580 viewsSpiritofGregory

Rio Ferdinand on 18:10 - Jul 17 by WadR

Pretty sure Dave McIntyre said on twitter or in an article recently that it was a basic wage of £35k with some more based on appearances etc.

Much more inclined to believe him.

Ferdinand could be ok. United fans I know don't think he's half the player he once was but think that he would certainly offer something in terms of organisation. It's not the direction I'd like to see Redknapp & co. go with transfers, but if it's a 1 off I can certainly see their rationale.

A CB partnership of him and Onuoha (or Caulker/Lascalles) doesn't actually sound too bad. I fear for us if Ferdinand ever plays with Dunne or Hill though.

Still think we need Caulker or Lascelles as they are young and will improve further under Ferdinand. Nedum is 28 in November, there won't be much room for improvement.
Rio Ferdinand on 22:46 - Jul 17 with 1569 viewsCiderwithRsie

Our player now. Time to get behind the bloke.
Rio Ferdinand on 22:49 - Jul 17 with 1551 viewsTheBlob

Great news,him and Vlaar,mouth watering if it comes off.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Rio Ferdinand on 23:24 - Jul 17 with 1471 viewssheppetonrs

Rio Ferdinand on 22:36 - Jul 17 by 08olesen

Very interesting to see how the 5 at the back work. I think it lends itself to us with Traore and Yun.

...................Green
...............Adel/New?
...................Remy

Looks a creative, but also strong defensively. Not sure how Hoilet and Phillips would be used... maybe in the Adel/Morrison role.

Crikey, what's Austin done wrong??
Rio Ferdinand on 23:30 - Jul 17 with 1446 viewsUPPERLOFTNZ

Football is Faith
Poll: OK.. Next season. Where do you think we will finish?

Rio Ferdinand on 23:32 - Jul 17 with 1442 viewsQPR_Nippon

Rio Ferdinand on 22:36 - Jul 17 by 08olesen

...................Green
...............Adel/New?
...................Remy

Maybe .....

......................Green
.............Nedum Rio Caulker?
Simpson...............................Yun/Traore
...........Barton ..........New signing(Fer?)
....Phillips.............................Hoilett/Remy?
......................Austin..........................

Or......

......................Green
.............Nedum Rio Caulker?
Simpson...............................Yun/Traore
...........Barton ..........New signing(Fer?)
................Phillips/Adel
.........Austin.................Remy/Sigthorsson

[Post edited 17 Jul 2014 23:35]
Rio Ferdinand on 10:18 - Jul 18 with 1274 viewsAntti_Heinola

Rio Ferdinand on 22:24 - Jul 17 by HAYESBOY

I remember Harry saying around this time last year that we'd be 'playing through Tom Carroll'.
Best laid plans etc.

Bare bones.

Rio Ferdinand on 10:20 - Jul 18 with 1268 viewsPommyhoop

Rio Ferdinand on 10:18 - Jul 18 by Antti_Heinola

I remember Harry saying around this time last year that we'd be 'playing through Tom Carroll'.
Best laid plans etc.

Very good point Antti...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Rio Ferdinand on 10:20 - Jul 18 with 1268 viewsAntti_Heinola

Rio Ferdinand on 22:40 - Jul 17 by CHUBBS

Yeah Brian i know,i was just voicing my feelings toward the minority who thought it acceptable to write Dunne off only for him to resurrect some brilliant form through the playoffs defending our goal like his life depended on it.

I think hardly anyone 'wrote Dunne off' - the fact was he should have been rested when he was clearly knackered earlier in the season and when Onuoha was sitting on the bench doing nothing, or Hill was playing left back when we had Yun available. It was more about sensible rotation than anything. I don't remember anyone writing him off. He just had a very, very poor spell and clearly needed a break.
Had Harry done that and given Yun an earlier run he might have been happier to pitch Yun in during the play-offs when it was clear he was what was needed.

Bare bones.

Rio Ferdinand on 10:28 - Jul 18 with 1254 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Rio Ferdinand on 22:40 - Jul 17 by CHUBBS

Very true, too, Chubbs.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Rio Ferdinand on 10:32 - Jul 18 with 1241 viewsPommyhoop

Yeah Dunne was a revelation and he rallied well again after tailing off but it was the Championship .Big difference to the Prem..
Thank F'ck Suarez has moved on..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Rio Ferdinand on 10:53 - Jul 18 with 1211 viewsCHUBBS

Rio Ferdinand on 23:30 - Jul 17 by UPPERLOFTNZ

Jesus H Christ on a popsicle stick i just looked at that picture and thought we'd resigned Anton.
A shiver like no other just ran down my spine
Rio Ferdinand on 10:57 - Jul 18 with 1202 viewsCHUBBS

Rio Ferdinand on 10:20 - Jul 18 by Antti_Heinola

I think hardly anyone 'wrote Dunne off' - the fact was he should have been rested when he was clearly knackered earlier in the season and when Onuoha was sitting on the bench doing nothing, or Hill was playing left back when we had Yun available. It was more about sensible rotation than anything. I don't remember anyone writing him off. He just had a very, very poor spell and clearly needed a break.
Had Harry done that and given Yun an earlier run he might have been happier to pitch Yun in during the play-offs when it was clear he was what was needed.

Disagree Antti,there were some on here who commented he was finished and that we'd made a mistake signing him in the 1st place.
Doesn't matter now as he proved a few wrong and was our best defender through the playoffs.
Rio Ferdinand on 11:04 - Jul 18 with 1179 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Welcome Rio. (Or is that Ferdinand III)

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024