Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who would win in their prime Mike Tyson or Ali 20:02 - Apr 6 with 2588 viewsjackportis

Tyson to destroy him in 3 rounds.!

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Who would win in their prime Mike Tyson or Ali on 23:43 - Apr 6 with 1055 viewsC_jack

Ali was a boxer

Tyson was a fighter.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Who would win in their prime Mike Tyson or Ali on 09:35 - Apr 7 with 1023 viewsperchrockjack

Who would win in their prime Mike Tyson or Ali on 20:11 - Apr 6 by Dr_Winston

Foreman was ferocious and Ali dealt with him.

This subject is always a good one. Tyson problem WAS his prime. He just couldn't look after it.
Liston was also a monster who it was thought would actually kill Ali/ Clay in the ring. Ali also fought Shavers who had a massive knock out punch .

TBH the greatest imo was MARCIANO. Record never beaten and wont ever be.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Who would win in their prime Mike Tyson or Ali on 09:37 - Apr 7 with 1021 viewsperchrockjack

Who would win in their prime Mike Tyson or Ali on 20:50 - Apr 6 by epaul

Ali all day long

Great shout about Hagler v Hearns

HAGLER probably the biggest butcher ever to haver stepped over the ropes.
Alan Minter...? OMG

Who would win in their prime Mike Tyson or Ali on 10:47 - Apr 7 with 996 viewsGlyn1

Who would win in their prime Mike Tyson or Ali on 20:05 - Apr 6 by Banosswan

Tyson. I don't think Ali would be able to do his usual soak up punishment against someone as ferocious as Tyson.

Ali only fought like that when he got older and slower. A young Ali in his prime would have destroyed Tyson - bigger, faster and with incredible speed of punching. Ali would have knocked him out in about six rounds.

I agree about Holmes being under-rated.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Who would win in their prime Mike Tyson or Ali on 10:52 - Apr 7 with 991 viewsGlyn1

Who would win in their prime Mike Tyson or Ali on 09:35 - Apr 7 by perchrockjack

This subject is always a good one. Tyson problem WAS his prime. He just couldn't look after it.
Liston was also a monster who it was thought would actually kill Ali/ Clay in the ring. Ali also fought Shavers who had a massive knock out punch .

TBH the greatest imo was MARCIANO. Record never beaten and wont ever be.

But Marciano never fought a title bout against anyone who was younger than himself - a fight between him and Sonny Liston would have been brutal.

Who would win in their prime Mike Tyson or Ali on 11:08 - Apr 7 with 982 viewsRancid

Marciano fought at about 13 stone didn't he? He'd have been clubber langed by big heavies like Holmes Ali and Liston.He did have 'Suzie Q' though and if he hit most men with it they'd have crumbled.For the last 20 years he'd have had to fight at super middle or light heavy.

We love him in Swansea because of the connection here with him but I don't think he'd have stood a chance against the heavies of the last 20-25 years as he was too small.

Top 10 of all time heavies yes, due to his unbeaten record and him beating a shot Joe Louis but there's no way he'd have beaten the top class Heavies of recent years.
Who would win in their prime Mike Tyson or Ali on 11:14 - Apr 7 with 975 viewsLord_Bony

Mike Tyson...killing machine...absolute beast in the ring

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Who would win in their prime Mike Tyson or Ali on 11:25 - Apr 7 with 971 viewsperchrockjack

Yes only beat what is in front of you and the way Marciano dispatched his opponents was brutal.
43 knockouts out of 49 wins.
Dempsey was the one most like Tyson that I can remember

Login to get fewer ads

Who would win in their prime Mike Tyson or Ali on 11:27 - Apr 7 with 971 viewsWarwickHunt

Who would win in their prime Mike Tyson or Ali on 10:47 - Apr 7 by Glyn1

Ali only fought like that when he got older and slower. A young Ali in his prime would have destroyed Tyson - bigger, faster and with incredible speed of punching. Ali would have knocked him out in about six rounds.

I agree about Holmes being under-rated.

Ali was so graceful people forget the speed and power of his jabs and combination punches.
Who would win in their prime Mike Tyson or Ali on 12:22 - Apr 7 with 946 viewsjackportis

Who would win in their prime Mike Tyson or Ali on 11:27 - Apr 7 by WarwickHunt

Ali was so graceful people forget the speed and power of his jabs and combination punches.

Super Joe Calzaghe would have beaten ali. Ali was only 13 stone. Tyson was near enough 16 stone.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Who would win in their prime Mike Tyson or Ali on 12:28 - Apr 7 with 942 viewsRancid

Who would win in their prime Mike Tyson or Ali on 12:22 - Apr 7 by jackportis

Super Joe Calzaghe would have beaten ali. Ali was only 13 stone. Tyson was near enough 16 stone.

Ali wasn't 13 stone mun.He was a 17 stone colossus
Who would win in their prime Mike Tyson or Ali on 12:36 - Apr 7 with 934 viewsjackportis

Who would win in their prime Mike Tyson or Ali on 12:28 - Apr 7 by Rancid

Ali wasn't 13 stone mun.He was a 17 stone colossus

Suprisingly he wasnt that big. Early 60s he was 13st and early 70s went up to 15st. Not massive. Henry Cooper was also not very heavy around the 13.5 stone mark. He decked Ali.

Who would win in their prime Mike Tyson or Ali on 09:56 - Apr 8 with 893 viewsCatullus

Who would win in their prime Mike Tyson or Ali on 20:17 - Apr 6 by jackportis

Mike Tyson claims he could have won heavy weight title at 16 but says his mentor demato says he wasnt mentally ready at 19 he was ready. Not only was he an animal in the ring he was quick as middleweight and would beat ali on all aspects.

I disagree, Ali was as quick as it gets. In his prime Ali was better than Tyson.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Who would win in their prime Mike Tyson or Ali on 10:16 - Apr 8 with 890 viewsjacksinceever

Who would win in their prime Mike Tyson or Ali on 20:05 - Apr 6 by Banosswan

Tyson. I don't think Ali would be able to do his usual soak up punishment against someone as ferocious as Tyson.

Ali was much smarter so I'd take him every time in a fantasy fight against any boxer since
Who would win in their prime Mike Tyson or Ali on 10:19 - Apr 8 with 890 viewsBloodyhills

In Ali's younger days he didn't do the rope a dope soak up pressure routine, that was only when he was older and less mobile. He would dance around the ring and nobody could get a punch on him.

I think Tyson would have found it hard to hit flitting shadows but we will never know.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Who would win in their prime Mike Tyson or Ali on 10:44 - Apr 8 with 884 viewsWarwickHunt

Who would win in their prime Mike Tyson or Ali on 10:19 - Apr 8 by Bloodyhills

In Ali's younger days he didn't do the rope a dope soak up pressure routine, that was only when he was older and less mobile. He would dance around the ring and nobody could get a punch on him.

I think Tyson would have found it hard to hit flitting shadows but we will never know.

Correct, he'd have struggled to lay a glove on him.

He'd also have been so wound up by Ali's pre-fight taunts that he'd have gone at him like a bull in china shop and got picked off with ease.

No contest.
Who would win in their prime Mike Tyson or Ali on 19:52 - Apr 19 with 796 viewslifelong

Who would win in their prime Mike Tyson or Ali on 10:44 - Apr 8 by WarwickHunt

He'd also have been so wound up by Ali's pre-fight taunts that he'd have gone at him like a bull in china shop and got picked off with ease.

No contest.

The rumble in the jungle on ITV 4 in ten minutes.
Who would win in their prime Mike Tyson or Ali on 02:53 - Apr 21 with 767 viewsGlyn1

I've always felt that Smokin' Joe Frazier never got the respect that he deserved. He came from Philadelphia but did the city erect a statue to him? No they did not - they put up a statue to "Rocky Balboa" instead. Ridiculous!

Who would win in their prime Mike Tyson or Ali on 04:26 - Apr 21 with 762 viewsLohengrin

Who would win in their prime Mike Tyson or Ali on 10:44 - Apr 8 by WarwickHunt

No contest.

I wouldn't be too sure. We saw Henry Cooper lay the young Cassius flat on his back. It's easy to imagine the 20-year-old Tyson scenting blood in that scenario doing some awful damage.

Different eras, I know, but the young Tyson was a beast from the pit. The skinny, young Cassius wouldn't have lived with him.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Who would win in their prime Mike Tyson or Ali on 11:26 - Apr 21 with 725 viewsZut_Alors

Would have been a case of whether Ali could pick him off. Tyson was a ferocious fighter, but mentally questionable to say the least.

If anyone hasn't already seen it, I'd highly recommend the 2008 Tyson doco. An interesting portrait of a troubled soul.

Who would win in their prime Mike Tyson or Ali on 23:15 - Apr 21 with 697 viewslifelong

Who would win in their prime Mike Tyson or Ali on 04:26 - Apr 21 by Lohengrin

I wouldn't be too sure. We saw Henry Cooper lay the young Cassius flat on his back. It's easy to imagine the 20-year-old Tyson scenting blood in that scenario doing some awful damage.

Different eras, I know, but the young Tyson was a beast from the pit. The skinny, young Cassius wouldn't have lived with him.

If you watch the rumble in the jungle, in the 5th round the punches Ali took off Foreman were just incredible, and the way the round finished was just brutal.

I don't think anyone else would have survived that round.
Who would win in their prime Mike Tyson or Ali on 23:32 - Apr 21 with 693 viewsjackportis

Who would win in their prime Mike Tyson or Ali on 23:15 - Apr 21 by lifelong

If you watch the rumble in the jungle, in the 5th round the punches Ali took off Foreman were just incredible, and the way the round finished was just brutal.

I don't think anyone else would have survived that round.

Good post but tyson in prime was in a different level to any other heavy weight there has ever been and likely to be.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024