Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michu. 18:11 - Apr 5 with 6322 viewslifelong

Whether he's 100% fit or not, he looks a shadow of the player he was for us last season.
Michu. on 19:03 - Apr 5 with 1698 viewsjajes

Michu. on 18:53 - Apr 5 by Rancid

You have to agree with this when you think about it.He did show glimpses against Norwich though that he was getting back to his best but today he went back 2 steps.

Agree. He was poor today. But I do not expect him to come back from a four-month injury at 100% even though he might be physically ready.
Michu. on 19:10 - Apr 5 with 1680 viewsmonmouth

Michu. on 19:00 - Apr 5 by Rancid

I just think of Aaron Ramsey and Neil Taylor.Both long term injuries who took time to get back to form.I don't think Michu is any different.

Aye, anyone advocating kicking him out is being very hasty. Doesn't alter the fact he shouldn't be in the team just now though. Get him right over the summer.

As for selling him, his value is probably back to about 2m until he proves himself again anyway. Why would any club take the risk on a potential one season wonder, especially at his age with this sort of injury. Unless of course, we're playing him in the hope he does something good to provoke a decent offer. I don't think we have that luxury atm.

Ecstatic if he makes these comments look stupid very soon, but he's just not ready.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Michu. on 19:14 - Apr 5 with 1663 viewsBonjour

As has been said he shouldn't be starting these games. Stick Pablo on from the start and if we get to a position where we are comfortable then bring him on. I wouldn't even bring him on if we need to change the game as he's clearly not ready yet.
Michu. on 19:15 - Apr 5 with 1653 viewsRancid

Michu. on 19:10 - Apr 5 by monmouth

Aye, anyone advocating kicking him out is being very hasty. Doesn't alter the fact he shouldn't be in the team just now though. Get him right over the summer.

As for selling him, his value is probably back to about 2m until he proves himself again anyway. Why would any club take the risk on a potential one season wonder, especially at his age with this sort of injury. Unless of course, we're playing him in the hope he does something good to provoke a decent offer. I don't think we have that luxury atm.

Ecstatic if he makes these comments look stupid very soon, but he's just not ready.

That's exactly how i see it mate.Get him in the stiffs for the rest of the season or until Pablo gets injured again.The sad thing is I thought he done ok against Norwich but today, well.......
Michu. on 19:29 - Apr 5 with 1618 viewsTrundle10

Michu. on 18:58 - Apr 5 by oh_tommy_tommy

Player out for 4 months takes time to find form shocker .

Fu@king incredible.

Exactly. Clueless idiots. Same posters who were calling Bony crap for the first few months of the season i expect.
Michu. on 19:38 - Apr 5 with 1577 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Michu. on 19:29 - Apr 5 by Trundle10

Exactly. Clueless idiots. Same posters who were calling Bony crap for the first few months of the season i expect.

Maybe that is because for the first 3 months of Bony's Prem games he had 9 games and only 2 goals, so as a Striker compared to Michu's first season as an AM he was pretty crap especially as he was 6 times the price .
But that is no excuse not to give Michu time to come back if he can.
However do the Club have the luxury to play him in the crunch games coming up to give him the match time he needs?
Michu. on 19:43 - Apr 5 with 1562 viewslifelong

Michu. on 19:29 - Apr 5 by Trundle10

How did you think Michu played today then?

His control was awful, his passing not much better and any attempts he had on goal were woeful.

I thought it was a mistake to start him in the Norwich game and I thought it was a bigger mistake to start him today.

As someone has already stated he is clearly not ready to start a game, at best he should be coming on for the last 25 minutes.
Michu. on 19:45 - Apr 5 with 1559 viewslibertine

Michu. on 18:16 - Apr 5 by perchrockjack

It also highlights the monumental feckup we made of the transfer window. If LAUDRUP was relying on Michu to come back and solve the problems then that shows utter stupidity.

The fact we got no striker back up was always gonna be an issue. And I don't count Ngog

i don't really understand Ml being blamed for buying no players in jan,

he must have been the only manager ever, who didn't want to buy any players.

he said in his interview that he sent players to the board and didn't know what happened after that, the board didn't want to spend the money.

you would have thought he might have asked though?
it seems that the board and ML weren't talking.
Login to get fewer ads

Michu. on 19:49 - Apr 5 with 1540 viewsTrundle10

Michu. on 19:43 - Apr 5 by lifelong

How did you think Michu played today then?

His control was awful, his passing not much better and any attempts he had on goal were woeful.

I thought it was a mistake to start him in the Norwich game and I thought it was a bigger mistake to start him today.

As someone has already stated he is clearly not ready to start a game, at best he should be coming on for the last 25 minutes.

Get Rid, one or two posters have said. Which is utter stupidity
Michu. on 19:51 - Apr 5 with 1534 viewslifelong

Michu. on 19:49 - Apr 5 by Trundle10

Get Rid, one or two posters have said. Which is utter stupidity

Well, yes it is.

He's simply not ready to come back.
Michu. on 19:57 - Apr 5 with 1516 viewslibertine

Michu is a brilliant player i named my laptop after him, can't get rid of him now.

Seriously he didn't look right though!

Psychologically he didn't have the vision or desire and was not chasing the ball bony gave him a few nice touches which he didn't get on the end of, did someone give him a clip last week in the Nwich game?

also 3 relatively easy goals were missed by our team today.

we should have bought shane long why didn't we???
Michu. on 20:32 - Apr 5 with 1466 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

I don't blame Monk for starting with Michu today. He put a decent shift in at the Emirates, then looked to have taken a couple more steps towards his old self against Norwich, so starting him again today was a perfectly reasonable idea, I dare say most of us would have done the same.

I do think the manager should have changed it at half-time though. It was obvious that Michu was just not going to contribute today and we really wasted those first 20 minutes of the 2nd half by not making the change sooner. It was frustrating just waiting for the change to be made with the clock ticking by and us huffing and puffing with no real intent; it was almost like the team were waiting for the change as well...

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Michu. on 22:04 - Apr 5 with 1387 viewsSwansNZ

Michu. on 20:32 - Apr 5 by FearOfAJackPlanet

I don't blame Monk for starting with Michu today. He put a decent shift in at the Emirates, then looked to have taken a couple more steps towards his old self against Norwich, so starting him again today was a perfectly reasonable idea, I dare say most of us would have done the same.

I do think the manager should have changed it at half-time though. It was obvious that Michu was just not going to contribute today and we really wasted those first 20 minutes of the 2nd half by not making the change sooner. It was frustrating just waiting for the change to be made with the clock ticking by and us huffing and puffing with no real intent; it was almost like the team were waiting for the change as well...

Agree with that.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Michu. on 22:06 - Apr 5 with 1384 viewsDr_Winston

Michu. on 20:32 - Apr 5 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Think the injury to JdG might have given him reason to hold fire. Using two out of three subs at half time is a big step.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Michu. on 22:37 - Apr 5 with 1347 viewsNOTRAC

I'm watching match choice at the moment and I honestly don't know why Michu has been criticised so much His work rate appeared very good , and some of his touches were superb.,and overall we played very well without any luck.Compared to the previous game against Norwich,Shelvey to me had the poorest game.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Michu. on 00:35 - Apr 6 with 1284 viewscontroversial_jack

Michu. on 22:37 - Apr 5 by NOTRAC

I'm watching match choice at the moment and I honestly don't know why Michu has been criticised so much His work rate appeared very good , and some of his touches were superb.,and overall we played very well without any luck.Compared to the previous game against Norwich,Shelvey to me had the poorest game.

He played on excellent ball to Ben, but unfortunately Ben was aleep at the time
Michu. on 02:16 - Apr 6 with 1249 viewsDavillin

I was very surprised at the rapidity and extent of the improvement in our game from the minute Hernandez came on. It was instant and dramatic, in my opinion.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Michu. on 02:54 - Apr 6 with 1239 viewsmikl0s

If you bench Michu and play Pablo from start in the remaining games - good luck keeping Michu here in the summer. Monk and the board knows this - they also know that once he is back into form with an in-form Bony, it's one of the best striking duos in the PL.

To me it looks like a gamble - satisfy Michu's desire to play/feel valued. If he starts gelling with Bony and banging them in - good for the Club but if he plays less than optimal (like today) there will be less interest in him this summer.

Win/win.

We need both Michu and Bony at 100% next season.

If Bony and Michu start to gel.....oh my

Michu. on 03:02 - Apr 6 with 1236 viewsdameedna

Would have been a better option to bring on to partner Bony at the end or for 30 minutes

Michu can link play well and offers us some good resistence in midfield but GM has a very tough decision here, Michu needs to be on the bench for next game, Michu deserved his slot after Norwich

As for Michu the right decisions have been made by GM so far and I expect GM to get it right again

Our record of 10 wins in 43 games is poor and we need a coupl of players like Livermore and Huddlestone from top 6 clubs next year
Michu. on 08:06 - Apr 6 with 1168 views1jack

So yesterdays defeat was all 1 players fault.
unbastardbelievable.
Michu. on 09:10 - Apr 6 with 1119 views3swan

Michu. on 22:37 - Apr 5 by NOTRAC

I watched it last night and although it's edited I didn't see much to pick him out to be criticised. The whole team played poorly first half
Michu. on 11:54 - Apr 6 with 1033 viewsjacksfullaces

not sure if he was already injured but Michu wasn't pulling up trees before his extended lay off. remember watching him down at st marys and he looked off the pace, and sadly, his one cap for Spain involved him running around in space where the ball never appeared.
Michu. on 12:19 - Apr 6 with 1013 viewsicecoldjack

Michu will take time,thats clear to see for us so you would think its clear to see for the coaches too.

Its perfectly normal to expect him to take 4/5 games to get his match fitness up but he has had 4 games and looks way off his game and we dont have the luxury of carrying an out of form michu for a an in form pablo.

Its nothing to do with Michu needing time, its to do with us putting out the best possible team we can to get points to sty in the league.

I dont think anyone would disagree if Pablo started and Michu came on for the last 15mins for example.

If we go down ,these players will want to leave anyway! the best thing for Michu is that he doesnt take any pressure on his shoulders, i feel he is already doing that and its not coming off for him because his touch and technique are still rusty .

He also has to now doff his cap to Bony,another adjustment for him to make.

Michu was the top boy now its Wilf in that position , its another adjustment that he needs to make.

I think for now we are far better playing our strongest team every game, on form that means pablo in the 10 position and michu on the bench, we have set the team up to play to bony's strengths and its worked alot better, throwing an out of sorts michu on the field isnt benifiting anyone at the moment.

He looks short of confidence,technique and fitness , He will come again and get back to his best he just perhaps needs a bit more time and thats something we dont have at the moment.

If we get enough points on the board to stay up he can play every minute of every game !

Michu is total class but needs to not take the weight of the world on his shoulders and needs to get himself physically and mentally sharp IMO .
Michu. on 12:50 - Apr 6 with 987 viewsmax936

Michu. on 18:55 - Apr 5 by Joe_bradshaw

The point is we have a player who was playing very well in his position and has been dropped for a less effective player. I'm certainly not advocating dumping him but surely the manager should select the team on merit and not last season's form?

I think the difference is between the two is that Michu is a goalscorer of some repute, whereas Pablo isn't, that's why he's probably being picked ahead of him, but I understand your point.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Michu. on 13:07 - Apr 6 with 958 viewsicecoldjack

Yes,but he is not quite the same player in the same system with everything going to him, now its more about trying to play through Bony, Michu looks a bit rusty ,least i hope thats what it is so for now id be starting with the player that is good at opening up spave behind defenses .

Michu will get back to his best,its just perhaps double hard with the pressure of relegation battle and the loss of his coach Laudrup .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024