Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What has happened to Southampton? 16:36 - Feb 22 with 2792 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The resurgent Hammers are beating them 3-1, whatever happened to their earlier form?
What has happened to Southampton? on 15:42 - Feb 24 with 490 viewswaynekerr55

What has happened to Southampton? on 12:12 - Feb 24 by Plasticman

You're talking to people that made up their mind, and no amount of facts will change it. They will keep making random excuses and imaginary things to make it seem for them that "it was the right thing".

With the results received before and after, I don't really see that there will be a diffreence in where the club lies at end of season. The difference will be in how the court dictates wether or not the club needs to pay up the contract money and which players will be attempted to be brought the club in the future (Emnes and N'gog compared to the likes of Pablo and Chico). Table wise there won't be a difference this season.

So how do you respond to the facts that the players thought training had become p*ss poor and that injuries accumulated mainly because of that incompetent clown Garcia being involved?

For me - Laudrup has a great eye for a player and when he is bothered he can get a team well drilled and playing outstanding (Chelsea away in the CoC being the prime example last year).

You cannot say that something wasn't right, his body language had changed and he had sulked after his lapdog Tutumlu was cut out (ironically a few days after Huw had said that Schecter wasn't going to be re - signing).

The whole Tutumlu thing was poor on his behalf - as a paid employee of Laudrup's it has everything to do with him, all this nonsense about him not being involved was a load of crap.

Personally I think he could be a great manager, but only if he gets people around him who are competent and push him to do better. If he carries on his approach to training like he did with us, he'll get eaten alive at a top club.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

What has happened to Southampton? on 15:45 - Feb 24 with 486 viewsDarran

What has happened to Southampton? on 15:26 - Feb 24 by Spratty

Despite all the bull in the Evening Post later, in the initial Rodgers interview post Laudrup he expressed his surprise at the Laudrup sacking. He then said he was sure in time Monk would make a good manager. At the end of the interview he repeated that but left out the word good i.e. he was sure in time Monk would make a manager.

I am not saying how Brilliant or poor a manager Monk will make for as long as he has that role. And it would be wonderful if he is brilliant and has the role for years proving himself in setting up his own team when key players eventually leave. However I have been concerned at him getting involved in barely concealed jibes re Laudrup as it does us no favours and looks cheap. Pleased to see he just concentrated on the positives post Liverpool.

As far as Rodgers comment think he also took the credit by saying that Monk had got them back to playing Rodgers style. So manager bums up opposition to make victory look better and goals shipped less significant shocker plus any improvement is down to his philosophy anyway.

However I still have some concerns re the role of a few of the senior players in all this especially as Ash spoke of him Monk and Leon having built up the club and needing to save it. I would like to be assured that there was no underhand dealing / self interest especially as the leadership on the pitch has now improved dramatically.

I am also confused by an initial statement by Monk (pitchside). That Laudrup wouldn't have him as his deputy so.... (made me think so he got what he deserved was implied). Recently he said in a response to a question about him being Laudrup's number 2 that that was never going to happen (repeated it twice - seemed he was saying he would not be happy with it or it would not work) and then said he had heard nothing about that just been offered the job he has. He then seemed to backtrack and said if the boss (Huw ) had given him that position he obviously would have taken it. Seems funny if Huw was asking Laudrup to take Monk as his number 2 he had not checked if Monk was willing to take that role.

Seriously get over it FFS.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

What has happened to Southampton? on 16:34 - Feb 24 with 456 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Isn't it odd how every post on here turns in to an "ML was hard done by" post?
They just can't let it go.
What has happened to Southampton? on 17:06 - Feb 24 with 442 viewsApeShit

What has happened to Southampton? on 16:34 - Feb 24 by A_Fans_Dad

Isn't it odd how every post on here turns in to an "ML was hard done by" post?
They just can't let it go.

Seriously, get over it FFS.
What has happened to Southampton? on 18:16 - Feb 24 with 423 viewsshingle

I would be quite happy being in Southampton`s position compared to our`s, they have done really well and can confidently look forward to having another season in the elite.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2014 19:48]
What has happened to Southampton? on 19:22 - Feb 24 with 412 viewsicecoldjack

Senior players did have a big hand in the movements of Laudrup at the Swans, namely our captain and former captain.

im very pro laudrup but understand how perhaps the players that have helped build it up were seeing it slip away, it is their livlihood t the end of the day,these players will have the wages cut in half following a relegation so nothing wrong with a bit of self preservation and the common cause being the betterment of SCFC. its totally understandable if they felt the need to have comfy chats with the chairman to put their worries and feelings across.

What we dont yet know is if it will work out, the early signs are that it will, the problem will come if we fail to secure maximum points against Palace and WBA, the move will then not look such a wise one.

Its time to try and move on from the Laudrup thing IMO, im sure the guy was well liked and respected on a personal level but maybe on a profesional level some of the senior players pined for the touchy feely approach of brenden and all his lovely comments about how the group are fantastic .

I have total respect for Monk and also for Laudrup, in fact i think we will all look on Laudrups time here as a Golden age of the Swans ,it will be quite fittingthat such a legend as a player one us our first trophy in our centenary year,the stuff of dreams for those of us who watched Laudrup in his hey day being one of the greatest of his time .

Monk has done well, the fans have done amazing in backing him and so have the players,if we play the next 5 games like they are cup finals we can be done and dusted and ready to move on as a club .

The best thing for everyone concerned is that the club secure prem football as fast as possible,then the Laudrup stuff will die down naturally, what ever the guy is owed by the club just pay him,he gave us probably the greatest season in our History and if its a heavy price to pay then so be it .

We all love the club to bits,we all have a moan about stuff from time to time thats football,thats what it is, whatever happens in the coming months i know that the fans will be behind the team no matter what, taking a look up the road its clear to see that support like ours is something to tresure.

Lets try and move away from Laudrup now,its starting to do nobody any good IMO.

Back to the OP .

Southampton for me are nothing special,i thought they mugged us at their place earlier in the season and ive thought that once teams work them out they will start to unravel.

I think we underestimate just how much teams put work into how the opposition play and once they find that chink in the armour then they tend to get right in there and nulify teams tactically. Southampton are suffering with this IMO.

Some teams get worked out quicker than others,classic example is Cardiff,as soon as Xmas turns around teams got their number, its taken Southampton a bit longer but after 1 yr in the premier league a manager needs fresh players who can do something special or a fresh tactical approach, this is where i fear for us in terms of Garry Monk being manager actually .

I
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024