Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mom tonight ? 22:18 - Feb 20 with 11176 viewsspikeee

Chico
Was everywhere he needed to be with the right pass too.

Awesome
Mom tonight ? on 10:51 - Feb 21 with 1408 viewsSpratty

Mom tonight ? on 10:16 - Feb 21 by Parlay

No I wasn't. Does this matter?

I watched every minute including multi angle replays and analysis at half and full time. Instead of eating a pie.

I wasn't at the filming of "the wolf of wall street" either but I'm confident in saying it is a very good film.

You are wrong.

Have you ever been involved in video conference interviewing. It is pretty good but there is a reason that the final interviews are normally held face to face - we have 6 senses for a reason.

However as I patiently explained to you (although obviously wasting my time) I also watched the whole game again when I got home. So I saw the game live and also saw everything that you saw - visually although not presumably perceptually. I have no particular affiliation with Canas as a player (although he seems a brilliantly cheerful person).

I neither eat pie nor had anything to eat of drink at any time I was in the stadium. I did nip to the toilet at half time though if that is of bearing. The fact that you mention eating a pie though says much about you and your opinion of yourself and others. As does the statement you are wrong.

I am sorry that you feel such a need for absolute domination on such a trivial thing. I see it as neither a matter of right or wrong but rather of differing opinions.

I too enjoyed the Wolf of Wall Street but when we are presented with a video image we are only seeing what the cameras want us to see.
Mom tonight ? on 10:52 - Feb 21 with 1404 viewsDull1Thomas

Mom tonight ? on 10:32 - Feb 21 by Parlay

So you quote the ratings and then go on to disagree with them - says it all.

grow up

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Mom tonight ? on 10:54 - Feb 21 with 1398 viewsJackFish

He had a decent game, covered a lot of ground and was involved in a lot of our good play. Thought he did a decent job for the most part but did give the ball away on a couple of occasions early in the second half. I can see the case for saying that he was our worst players last night, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he played badly, just that the rest of them played very, very well!
Mom tonight ? on 10:59 - Feb 21 with 1386 viewsParlay

Mom tonight ? on 10:51 - Feb 21 by Spratty

Have you ever been involved in video conference interviewing. It is pretty good but there is a reason that the final interviews are normally held face to face - we have 6 senses for a reason.

However as I patiently explained to you (although obviously wasting my time) I also watched the whole game again when I got home. So I saw the game live and also saw everything that you saw - visually although not presumably perceptually. I have no particular affiliation with Canas as a player (although he seems a brilliantly cheerful person).

I neither eat pie nor had anything to eat of drink at any time I was in the stadium. I did nip to the toilet at half time though if that is of bearing. The fact that you mention eating a pie though says much about you and your opinion of yourself and others. As does the statement you are wrong.

I am sorry that you feel such a need for absolute domination on such a trivial thing. I see it as neither a matter of right or wrong but rather of differing opinions.

I too enjoyed the Wolf of Wall Street but when we are presented with a video image we are only seeing what the cameras want us to see.

Yeah to make sure they dont smell or only have one leg they are hiding. However thankfully i wasnt watching through a webcam but a hi tech camera that covers every blade of grass. Patient you may be, sensible however is something you may be lacking.

The pie comment was not meant to be taken literally. But a point that while the fan at the game goes about his or her business, the fan with the cameras at his or her disposal get to watch replays at every angle and in depth analysis of what took place. I dont think being there makes any difference what so ever other than the match day experience... Which of course has no baring of Canas' performance.

Nothing to do with domination sir, you are backing up your opinion while i am backing up mine. It just so happens that apart from those with an agenda on here every outlet possible shows he had an average game at best. Unless of course all these outlets and all the swans that voted on the rate the player thing all watched through TV and missed his immense performance through the power of picture loss.

If you weren't on the set of wolf of wall street then I'm not sure you can say it is a good film. Only those on the set know how good it REALLY is. Spot the irony.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Mom tonight ? on 10:59 - Feb 21 with 1384 viewsParlay

Mom tonight ? on 10:52 - Feb 21 by Dull1Thomas

grow up

Penny dropped as to what you just posted then?

Forum celebrity

Mom tonight ? on 11:03 - Feb 21 with 1388 viewsBLAZE

There were a couple of misplaced passes and one particularly poor touch that I remember.... but all that only stands out because the rest of the team barely put a foot wrong. He had a good game overall and went off at the right time as he was tired. I like Canas, solid player if not spectacular. I expect he'll only improve with more games as he adapts to our league too
Mom tonight ? on 11:06 - Feb 21 with 1383 viewsDull1Thomas

Can we stop the slanging match.

MOM tonight - (last night)

Difficult to call but for me is had to be Chico
(just edging out Nath, Routs, Pablo, Leon, the beast, Ash, Davies, Vorm, Rangel and Canas)

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Mom tonight ? on 11:11 - Feb 21 with 1373 viewsParlay

Mom tonight ? on 11:06 - Feb 21 by Dull1Thomas

Can we stop the slanging match.

MOM tonight - (last night)

Difficult to call but for me is had to be Chico
(just edging out Nath, Routs, Pablo, Leon, the beast, Ash, Davies, Vorm, Rangel and Canas)

Dyer for me.

Closely followed by Chico, Routledge and Pablo.

Forum celebrity

Login to get fewer ads

Mom tonight ? on 11:12 - Feb 21 with 1374 viewsJackSomething

Someone better tell all the football clubs in the world that there's no need to send scouts to matches to watch players or managers to watch upcoming opponents, Dimi says you learn just as much or more from watching on TV.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Mom tonight ? on 11:34 - Feb 21 with 1349 viewsFlashberryjack

Mom tonight ? on 10:40 - Feb 21 by Parlay

The same game as everyone else that agrees with me... Obviously.

Superb? Thats stunning fair play. Show me one place on the internet that hows him have anything higher than a 7. Surely such a superb performance would be awarded with such recognition.

Or maybe you are wrong?

Why would I want to search the internet for a players ratings, from someone that probably watched the game on TV.
When I actually saw the game live, I concede there are a lot of things you see on TV that are not obvious when watching live, but a much more balanced view is had when watching a game live.
I'll also concede that "superb" in relation to Canas's performance was maybe a little over the top, but when considering that last night's overall team performance was superb, all players ratings should be taken in that contex.

As far as posters being in agreement with your opinion on his (Canas) performance last night, have another look through the thread and you'll find you agree with yourself much more often than others do.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Mom tonight ? on 11:35 - Feb 21 with 1342 viewsParlay

Mom tonight ? on 11:12 - Feb 21 by JackSomething

Someone better tell all the football clubs in the world that there's no need to send scouts to matches to watch players or managers to watch upcoming opponents, Dimi says you learn just as much or more from watching on TV.

The fact you think scouts dont look for talent via live matches on the television frankly astounds me.

Someone better tell Monk et al to not bother watching videos of the opposition...
[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 11:37]

Forum celebrity

Mom tonight ? on 11:42 - Feb 21 with 1329 viewsParlay

Mom tonight ? on 11:34 - Feb 21 by Flashberryjack

Why would I want to search the internet for a players ratings, from someone that probably watched the game on TV.
When I actually saw the game live, I concede there are a lot of things you see on TV that are not obvious when watching live, but a much more balanced view is had when watching a game live.
I'll also concede that "superb" in relation to Canas's performance was maybe a little over the top, but when considering that last night's overall team performance was superb, all players ratings should be taken in that contex.

As far as posters being in agreement with your opinion on his (Canas) performance last night, have another look through the thread and you'll find you agree with yourself much more often than others do.

The fact you labelled him superb and then felt you had to retract it proves my point in a nutshell. Whether you were there is irrelevant, as that point also shows.

People get carried away with a decent team performance, its very british in fact. Its a nation of sensationalism brought on by the red tops "our boys" "heroes" etc etc etc

Our performance as a team was superb overall, best performance for over a year in all likelyhood. But that doesn't mean they were all immense. Having the ability to look at the team subjectively after a performance (good or bad) is vital in analysing the performance.

Forum celebrity

Mom tonight ? on 11:50 - Feb 21 with 1325 viewsraynor94

Mom tonight ? on 11:35 - Feb 21 by Parlay

The fact you think scouts dont look for talent via live matches on the television frankly astounds me.

Someone better tell Monk et al to not bother watching videos of the opposition...

What never ceases to amaze me is what a pompous arse you are

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Mom tonight ? on 11:51 - Feb 21 with 1321 viewsParlay

Mom tonight ? on 11:50 - Feb 21 by raynor94

What never ceases to amaze me is what a pompous arse you are

Oh you bitch raynor

Forum celebrity

Mom tonight ? on 11:53 - Feb 21 with 1322 viewsSpratty

Mom tonight ? on 10:59 - Feb 21 by Parlay

Yeah to make sure they dont smell or only have one leg they are hiding. However thankfully i wasnt watching through a webcam but a hi tech camera that covers every blade of grass. Patient you may be, sensible however is something you may be lacking.

The pie comment was not meant to be taken literally. But a point that while the fan at the game goes about his or her business, the fan with the cameras at his or her disposal get to watch replays at every angle and in depth analysis of what took place. I dont think being there makes any difference what so ever other than the match day experience... Which of course has no baring of Canas' performance.

Nothing to do with domination sir, you are backing up your opinion while i am backing up mine. It just so happens that apart from those with an agenda on here every outlet possible shows he had an average game at best. Unless of course all these outlets and all the swans that voted on the rate the player thing all watched through TV and missed his immense performance through the power of picture loss.

If you weren't on the set of wolf of wall street then I'm not sure you can say it is a good film. Only those on the set know how good it REALLY is. Spot the irony.

Irony is not the main thing I am spotting.

Delighted you have such superior equipment

What makes you think I watched it on a webcam. I recorded the match from ITV who indeed showed it in HD and watched it on my TV complete with multi angle replays. Of course that was in addition to watching it live. How did you watch it.

Difference between you and I is that I never insisted you were wrong (although IMHO possibly a little misguided if you thought Canas had a poor game).

So let me see you are using the opinion that his game was not necessarily to the highest standards of some in a game of exceptionally high standard to prove he had a poor game. Logic a little awry there methinks.
Mom tonight ? on 12:00 - Feb 21 with 1311 viewsParlay

Mom tonight ? on 11:53 - Feb 21 by Spratty

Irony is not the main thing I am spotting.

Delighted you have such superior equipment

What makes you think I watched it on a webcam. I recorded the match from ITV who indeed showed it in HD and watched it on my TV complete with multi angle replays. Of course that was in addition to watching it live. How did you watch it.

Difference between you and I is that I never insisted you were wrong (although IMHO possibly a little misguided if you thought Canas had a poor game).

So let me see you are using the opinion that his game was not necessarily to the highest standards of some in a game of exceptionally high standard to prove he had a poor game. Logic a little awry there methinks.

Ai ai ai

You compared this situation to a conference call. I made the clear observation that a static single angle webcam is slightly different to a HD multi million pound production set up that covers every blade of grass.

Watching it live as ive said shows you no more, unless the goalkeeper out of shot snotting on the ground while the ball is at the other end is something you are particularly interested in? It is a cheap way to say "i saw something you didnt" when in fact you didnt at all.

Also where have I used that logic you state? You seem to have made that up. I categorically stated he had a poor game, not in comparison or relative to anything - he was poor. Not sure which bit is confusing you about that. The fact he is cut adrift at the bottom of the player ratings at a score of 6.1 shows that there is some sense. Of that im thankful.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 12:02]

Forum celebrity

Mom tonight ? on 12:19 - Feb 21 with 1277 viewsJackSomething

Mom tonight ? on 11:35 - Feb 21 by Parlay

I didn't say they didn't. They also attend games though. Initial interest raised though TV, then watch them live if they are interested. Would indicate that professionals in the game place more value on watching live football at the venue to form an impression. Of course you know more than every football professional on the planet though.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Mom tonight ? on 12:34 - Feb 21 with 1256 viewsSpratty

Mom tonight ? on 12:00 - Feb 21 by Parlay

Ai ai ai

You compared this situation to a conference call. I made the clear observation that a static single angle webcam is slightly different to a HD multi million pound production set up that covers every blade of grass.

Watching it live as ive said shows you no more, unless the goalkeeper out of shot snotting on the ground while the ball is at the other end is something you are particularly interested in? It is a cheap way to say "i saw something you didnt" when in fact you didnt at all.

Also where have I used that logic you state? You seem to have made that up. I categorically stated he had a poor game, not in comparison or relative to anything - he was poor. Not sure which bit is confusing you about that. The fact he is cut adrift at the bottom of the player ratings at a score of 6.1 shows that there is some sense. Of that im thankful.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 12:02]

May have been clear in your head but clarity of message is normally dictated by it's ability to be comprehended by those receiving it.

Discounting me going to the game just for my own personal glory and to say I was there because I am all about getting one over on you nothing to do with the thrill of watching our team live win or lose. Don't you think the atmosphere would have been a little flat and the motivation a little lacking if all us self glorying, pie eating, goalie snoz watching punters were not willing to put our hands in our pockets and go and see the matches. Personally when I watched the full TV coverage later I thought on balance the fans added something to the experience.

As far as the ratings you were definitely using the logic of him having a slightly lower score to support your argument of him having a poor game

Possibly you would score lower than Einstein on an intelligence test (maybe)
If you did would that prove that you were an idiot?
Mom tonight ? on 12:53 - Feb 21 with 1234 viewsItchySphincter

Mom tonight ? on 12:34 - Feb 21 by Spratty

May have been clear in your head but clarity of message is normally dictated by it's ability to be comprehended by those receiving it.

Discounting me going to the game just for my own personal glory and to say I was there because I am all about getting one over on you nothing to do with the thrill of watching our team live win or lose. Don't you think the atmosphere would have been a little flat and the motivation a little lacking if all us self glorying, pie eating, goalie snoz watching punters were not willing to put our hands in our pockets and go and see the matches. Personally when I watched the full TV coverage later I thought on balance the fans added something to the experience.

As far as the ratings you were definitely using the logic of him having a slightly lower score to support your argument of him having a poor game

Possibly you would score lower than Einstein on an intelligence test (maybe)
If you did would that prove that you were an idiot?

Do you have to argue all the time?

boooooooooorrrrrrrinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng.............

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Mom tonight ? on 12:55 - Feb 21 with 1227 viewsDarran

Sometimes players have to play without the ball,taking up positions and making runs that can only be seen at a live game and not on a screen.

End of thread.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Mom tonight ? on 14:35 - Feb 21 with 1190 viewsFlashberryjack

Mom tonight ? on 12:55 - Feb 21 by Darran

Sometimes players have to play without the ball,taking up positions and making runs that can only be seen at a live game and not on a screen.

End of thread.

Exactly...... Canas did a hell of a lot of leg work off the ball.
Not only do the camera's often fail to see this..... some posters on here also fail to appreciate it.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Mom tonight ? on 16:03 - Feb 21 with 1153 viewsjackonicko

Mom tonight ? on 12:55 - Feb 21 by Darran

End of thread.

This. From my seat in the West, Canas had a decent first half, faded a bit in the second and just as I was thinking he should be subbed, GM did just that. So credit to Monk there.

To extend the Wolf of Wolf Street analogy, watching the film in the cinema gives you a great appreciation of what the actors did. Unfortunately, the camera angle doesn't allow you to see the important work being done just out of view....
Mom tonight ? on 17:00 - Feb 21 with 1137 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Sorry I have to agree 100% with Parlay, Caanas did not have anywhere near as good a game as the other players. He definitely gave the ball away too much, the majority of the attacks that broke down were due to them with a few coming from Bony's back heels and tricks.
Caanas definitely put a great deal of energy in to his game, but it was much less focused, more of the headless chicken variety than the others who played out of their skins, Chico was absolutely on the money every time with awesome tackling as well, Routs and Nathan just tore them to pieces, Bony was a Rock, Pablo's passing was great and Leon was a clockwork machine .
Ash had a good game and made some great interceptions but for some reason he looked a bit uncomfortable with the ball at his feet.
But for their Goalies they would easily have 2 or 3 down, so unfortunately the only players that were in our class were their goal keepers.
Mom tonight ? on 17:05 - Feb 21 with 1132 viewsDrizzy

Mom tonight ? on 17:00 - Feb 21 by A_Fans_Dad

Sorry I have to agree 100% with Parlay, Caanas did not have anywhere near as good a game as the other players. He definitely gave the ball away too much, the majority of the attacks that broke down were due to them with a few coming from Bony's back heels and tricks.
Caanas definitely put a great deal of energy in to his game, but it was much less focused, more of the headless chicken variety than the others who played out of their skins, Chico was absolutely on the money every time with awesome tackling as well, Routs and Nathan just tore them to pieces, Bony was a Rock, Pablo's passing was great and Leon was a clockwork machine .
Ash had a good game and made some great interceptions but for some reason he looked a bit uncomfortable with the ball at his feet.
But for their Goalies they would easily have 2 or 3 down, so unfortunately the only players that were in our class were their goal keepers.

Agree with this as well.

There were two or three misplaced passes in vulnerable areas from Canas and a few heavy touches. Normally that can be excused but it stood out significantly next to Leon's impeccable play.

Another case of the PS herd attacking the poster rather than his points.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Mom tonight ? on 17:07 - Feb 21 with 1130 viewsDarran

Mom tonight ? on 17:05 - Feb 21 by Drizzy

Agree with this as well.

There were two or three misplaced passes in vulnerable areas from Canas and a few heavy touches. Normally that can be excused but it stood out significantly next to Leon's impeccable play.

Another case of the PS herd attacking the poster rather than his points.

I'm not attacking anyone Newp,where'd you watch then?
Uni bar isi?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024