Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marvin Emnes 21:31 - Feb 8 with 10845 viewsNewhousemustscore

Never doubted his signing for a minute....

Seriously, he slotted in well. Went off cos his hamstring was tight. Hopefully back soon cos his 45 minutes were impressive.
Marvin Emnes on 11:32 - Feb 9 with 2249 viewsRancid

Marvin Emnes on 11:23 - Feb 9 by Dull1Thomas

(TBF half the managers in the Prem wouldn't have heard of him.)

Huge praise for Marvellous and Monk.

1) Emnes coming in an unfamiliar position
2) doing a great job in the first half (especially his link play with Bony)
3) Monk knowing he had would cope with a derby game.
4) he provided more of a presence in the hole than Jonjo

So, if he's prepared to play in the same position as a regular choice, I think he provides us with a fourth and different option with Jonjo, Michu and Poz being the others..
Only time will tell but he could end up as one of our most important imports of the season.

I'll expect pelters for this but I'd put him in the hole ahead of Poz and maybe Shelvey on yesterdays showing.Michu coming back is a completely different problem.When we first signed Emnes my initial thought was hmmm but then I thought about how Bony could benefit,which in effect is the whole idea of the AM,to feed our striker.Maybe him and Emnes have hit it off both on and off the pitch with their Dutch connections so they may well compliment eachother.All said this post might just be a load of bollox but it has to be food for thought for Monk.
Marvin Emnes on 18:37 - Feb 11 with 2102 viewsWatchman

I remember being in the Globe a few years ago after Emnes turned a Game agst Svens Leicester around in the 2nd half and I was called nuts for saying he was what we needed.
he has something all defenders hate! PACE! his control and pass in the 1st minute on Saturday set the tone for the 90 minutes.
Valuable squad player

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Marvin Emnes on 18:43 - Feb 11 with 2079 viewsOdgaard

I think its a player who sometimes can looks brilliant a real eye catcher, but he dont get you anywhere. Its Like Townsend, looks incredible, but never get anything out it...

I think that the AM position, have lacked in speed and more direct play, which i hope Michu can bring...

I Dont Fancy Emnes, but maybe am wrong, we have to see at the end of the season, but my guess, is that he wont create many assist or goals, and we will be better off with players like JJ, Michu, Poz or Pablo
Marvin Emnes on 18:48 - Feb 11 with 2061 viewsJokeren1943

He played outstanding for the first 10 minuts.

The rest of the time he was gone.

But lets see him in more games before we can really judge him.
Marvin Emnes on 18:52 - Feb 11 with 2047 viewsWarwickHunt

Marvin Emnes on 11:29 - Feb 9 by Dr_Winston

Put some willing runs in but the ball bounced off him more times than Cardiff defenders bounced off Bony. Might be of some use in the future but Hernandez was an immediate huge step up in class.

The voice of reason.
Marvin Emnes on 19:14 - Feb 11 with 2000 viewsOdgaard

Marvin Emnes on 18:52 - Feb 11 by WarwickHunt

The voice of reason.

second!
Marvin Emnes on 19:17 - Feb 11 with 1989 viewsDr_Winston

Glad I'm not pissing into the wind completely on this one.

He wasn't sh*t. That seems to have convinced a lot of people that he was good instead. He used decent pace against a terrible back line and did OK. Nowt more.

Remains to be seen whether he'll be of any use against a defence with more than one PL class player in it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Marvin Emnes on 19:30 - Feb 11 with 1959 viewsexiledclaseboy

Marvin Emnes on 19:17 - Feb 11 by Dr_Winston

Glad I'm not pissing into the wind completely on this one.

He wasn't sh*t. That seems to have convinced a lot of people that he was good instead. He used decent pace against a terrible back line and did OK. Nowt more.

Remains to be seen whether he'll be of any use against a defence with more than one PL class player in it.

That's ridiculously harsh. Emnes played well in the first half. It's not wrong to say that or even admitting that it was a sensible signing. I still don't get why we signed him (well I do, but you know what I mean) but damning with faint praise by saying "he wasn't sh*t" is unworthy. He played well, just say it. Doesn't mean I think he should be an automatic choice but there are plenty of games left this season. He'll get his time and will serve the purpose for which he was presumably signed.

Pablo or Emnes in the role they both played on Saturday? Pablo, obviously.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Marvin Emnes on 19:44 - Feb 11 with 1914 viewsDr_Winston

Marvin Emnes on 19:30 - Feb 11 by exiledclaseboy

That's ridiculously harsh. Emnes played well in the first half. It's not wrong to say that or even admitting that it was a sensible signing. I still don't get why we signed him (well I do, but you know what I mean) but damning with faint praise by saying "he wasn't sh*t" is unworthy. He played well, just say it. Doesn't mean I think he should be an automatic choice but there are plenty of games left this season. He'll get his time and will serve the purpose for which he was presumably signed.

Pablo or Emnes in the role they both played on Saturday? Pablo, obviously.

Have you watched the game again sober?

I said he did OK. I stand by that. His display was put into perspective by his replacement.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Marvin Emnes on 19:45 - Feb 11 with 1908 viewsexiledclaseboy

Marvin Emnes on 19:44 - Feb 11 by Dr_Winston

Have you watched the game again sober?

I said he did OK. I stand by that. His display was put into perspective by his replacement.

Twice. Now f*ck off.

Poll: Tory leader

Marvin Emnes on 22:53 - Feb 11 with 1785 viewskarnataka

I think most of us saw Pozuelo as backup to Michu in the AM role but unfortunately Poz rides a tackle like a girl and is far too easily dispossessed whereas Emnes has great upper body strength and at least brings pace and a lot more physicality to that position. Pablo is a completely different type of player from either and when fit, can be a matchwinner but on that showing I would put Emnes ahead of Poz to play behind Bony if Pablo doesn't start.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2014 22:55]
Marvin Emnes on 23:02 - Feb 11 with 1751 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Wouldn't it be lovely if the AM debate was about to be made redundant by a fit again and firing on all cylinders Michu?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Marvin Emnes on 23:05 - Feb 11 with 1745 viewsJackTheLad

Marvin Emnes on 23:02 - Feb 11 by Joe_bradshaw

Wouldn't it be lovely if the AM debate was about to be made redundant by a fit again and firing on all cylinders Michu?

Players who can play AM in order of quality - imo

Michu
Shelvey
Pablo
Emnes
Pozuelo
JDG.

Slight selection headache..
[Post edited 11 Feb 2014 23:05]

Poll: Who would you like to see take over long term as Manager?

Marvin Emnes on 23:50 - Feb 11 with 1699 viewsaspas45

Marvin Emnes on 23:05 - Feb 11 by JackTheLad

Michu
Shelvey
Pablo
Emnes
Pozuelo
JDG.

Wonder if Pozuelo will be pushed down the pecking order by Emnes.
Looking out for the Emnes and BONY partnership.

Will be interesting to see how much he feature now until the end of the season.

[Post edited 11 Feb 2014 23:53]

Poll: Surprise first team last minute signing tomorrow?

Marvin Emnes on 00:29 - Feb 12 with 1673 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Marvin Emnes on 23:50 - Feb 11 by aspas45

Wonder if Pozuelo will be pushed down the pecking order by Emnes.
Looking out for the Emnes and BONY partnership.

Will be interesting to see how much he feature now until the end of the season.

[Post edited 11 Feb 2014 23:53]

There are far too many games left to rule out anyone. Poz is still young but lethal coming on against tiring defences and Marv has the pace to play in any of the front four positions. We'll surely have one or two more injuries (unless either our luck has changed or Wayne was right about Garcia all along) and don't forget the old adage "horses for courses".
A good pragmatic signing I think

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Marvin Emnes on 02:46 - Feb 12 with 1586 viewsdameedna

Marvin is good under pressure, we need that at the moment

1. away against wigan in the cup , he was our best player. the welsh winger cotts bombed in that game, the dutch winger in the center was too slow, people praised Kemy who got battered by the best midfielder they had, whilst Emnes held the ball despite our failings under pressure

2. goal v cardiff made it look easy

3. a mate who used to play for boro a few years back loves emnes but cant see why they dont play to his strengths, is he a player to have on board in a quaqmire? only for the the brave
Marvin Emnes on 06:33 - Feb 12 with 1550 viewsDr_Winston

So on the basis of one half of football Emnes has moved ahead of a player with nine assists to his name in the pecking order?

In the immortal words of WarwickHunt, Christ on a f*cking bike...

Marvin Emnes on 07:31 - Feb 12 with 1504 viewsItchySphincter

Marvin Emnes on 23:05 - Feb 11 by JackTheLad

Michu
Shelvey
Pablo
Emnes
Pozuelo
JDG.

We need all the players we can get and if you consider Pablo an AM, personally I'd consider him primarily a winger, then you mas as well also consider Emnes and Poz as wingers/AMs. Add Routledge and Dyer and any attacking combination looks very promising. Certainly more than enough quality for this Premier League.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Marvin Emnes on 07:35 - Feb 12 with 1497 viewsItchySphincter

Marvin Emnes on 06:33 - Feb 12 by Dr_Winston

So on the basis of one half of football Emnes has moved ahead of a player with nine assists to his name in the pecking order?

In the immortal words of WarwickHunt, Christ on a f*cking bike...

I understand and agree to a point but don't forget that the reason we didn't get Emnes the first time around was because we couldn't afford him. Boro spent big on him as a Premier League player and he's been wasting there ever since. He was never crap for us but history has a way of rewriting itself, Leon didn't pull up any trees at Sheff UTD but it didn't stop us seeing what he brings to us. Marvin will prove to be a very useful player, probably not over 90 mins but useful nevertheless.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Marvin Emnes on 10:16 - Feb 12 with 1418 viewsQuakerJack

Did ok, put in a decent cross from out left, I see him as more of a wide player with his pace... maybe even a second, off the shoulder striker...

However, the three wingers formation made the difference, nathan, routs and pablo in the centre, the second half reminded me of west brom when the three of them tortured them for 45 mins and we got 3 then... the only headache then is Michu.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Marvin Emnes on 10:31 - Feb 12 with 1397 viewsJackSomething

Marvin Emnes on 10:16 - Feb 12 by QuakerJack

Did ok, put in a decent cross from out left, I see him as more of a wide player with his pace... maybe even a second, off the shoulder striker...

However, the three wingers formation made the difference, nathan, routs and pablo in the centre, the second half reminded me of west brom when the three of them tortured them for 45 mins and we got 3 then... the only headache then is Michu.

I thought it was a good 45 minute display, not brilliant, but encouraging enough. His replacement showed the gulf in class between though almost immediately though.

It is funny that the majority bemoaned his signing, but are now ready to venerate him after just 45 minutes of football. He will be what he was always going to be, a useful addition to the squad, but not better than what we already have.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Marvin Emnes on 12:18 - Feb 12 with 1350 viewsSwanfan1

Whhat did I say about Emnes being great player, no one listened to me !
joking..

Huw knows his players !

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

Marvin Emnes on 12:22 - Feb 12 with 1341 viewsStarsky

Marvin Emnes on 10:31 - Feb 12 by JackSomething

I thought it was a good 45 minute display, not brilliant, but encouraging enough. His replacement showed the gulf in class between though almost immediately though.

It is funny that the majority bemoaned his signing, but are now ready to venerate him after just 45 minutes of football. He will be what he was always going to be, a useful addition to the squad, but not better than what we already have.

Indeed. It's Emnes's chance to finally make it in the big league.
Maybe he will come on gradually like Lamah.

It's just the internet, init.

Marvin Emnes on 12:29 - Feb 12 with 1329 views2face

Pozuelo has 9 assists. Are we talking about having an end product or are we talking about how pretty the player looks?
Marvin Emnes on 13:18 - Feb 12 with 1293 viewsBackHeel

anyone know if we have an option to buy Emnes realtively cheaply? (or is he out of contract in the summer) Would hate to see us inflate his potential cost too highly
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024