Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jeffrey Schlupp 08:18 - Jan 31 with 10699 viewsjoswan17

Sky Sources reporting Swansea City have made a £2.5m approach for Leicester City's winger-come-striker Jeffrey Schlupp.

A couple of seasons ago he tore many a Championship side apart, but seems to have stagnated lately. Interesting move, but definitely confirms that we've told Tom Ince to feck off!

There once was an ugly duckling...

Jeffrey Schlupp on 09:52 - Jan 31 with 2485 viewsperchrockjack

Maybe . I d like to have seen us sign some big player but we haven't for whatever reason.
Hope you re not going to sulk ,if you re a regular at home games, we need all the volume we can get. The crowd ,for the first time in months ,was terrific lastTuesday

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Jeffrey Schlupp on 09:54 - Jan 31 with 2470 viewsOldjack

BREAKING NEWS: Swansea City's £2.5m bid for highly-rated Leicester City target Jeffrey Schlupp has been rejected by the Championship side, football correspondent Chris Wathan reports.

The wideman emerged as a target this morning, and we have now learned the Swans have made their move.

It remains to be seen whether Swansea go back with an improved bid later today.

Schlupp had an extended trial spell at Manchester United early last year.

He is thought to be at the top of Michael Laudrup's wanted list today, although the Swans a re monitoring a number of players.

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Jeffrey Schlupp on 10:05 - Jan 31 with 2407 viewsClinton

Jeffrey Schlupp on 09:54 - Jan 31 by Oldjack

BREAKING NEWS: Swansea City's £2.5m bid for highly-rated Leicester City target Jeffrey Schlupp has been rejected by the Championship side, football correspondent Chris Wathan reports.

The wideman emerged as a target this morning, and we have now learned the Swans have made their move.

He is thought to be at the top of Michael Laudrup's wanted list today, although the Swans a re monitoring a number of players.

"Top of MLs wanted list"

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Jeffrey Schlupp on 10:13 - Jan 31 with 2360 viewsClinton

"Top of MLs wanted list"

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Jeffrey Schlupp on 10:14 - Jan 31 with 2352 viewsJACKARSE

I doubt he is top of ML's list but certainly squad cover and one for the furure .....

The 20-year-old Ghanaian was described as being 'on the verge' of being bought by United in March by the BBC, but a move was seemingly placed on hold until this summer's transfer window.

Upon returning to Leicester his form noticeably improved, surely boosted by sky high confidence from his time at United, and bagged three goals in six games.

In June, Schlupp said: "I spoke with Sir Alex a couple of times. Before games, he would just tell me that I was a good player and to go out and play to the best of my ability. He just calmed you down and made you feel like the pressure was off."

But something else happened in June; Sir Alex Ferguson retired and David Moyes took over, and Schlupp's potential switch to United has failed to materialise.

We told last week how deals which were lined up for Brazilian starlets Bruno Gomes and Wellington Bueno have fallen through since David Moyes took over, with a third Lucas Evangelista also unclear.

Moyes clearly has his priority list full, with signing big name players - even if he is yet to complete a purchase of one - and getting to know the senior players in his squad.
Jeffrey Schlupp on 11:25 - Jan 31 with 2184 viewsGlyn1

Jeffrey Schlupp on 08:32 - Jan 31 by lovejuicejack

Schlupps up side your head, say Schlupps up side your head.

Now, I want him to come here just so that we can sing that!

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Jeffrey Schlupp on 11:29 - Jan 31 with 2148 viewsFoxesFanInPeace

Jeffrey Schlupp on 10:14 - Jan 31 by JACKARSE

I doubt he is top of ML's list but certainly squad cover and one for the furure .....

The 20-year-old Ghanaian was described as being 'on the verge' of being bought by United in March by the BBC, but a move was seemingly placed on hold until this summer's transfer window.

Upon returning to Leicester his form noticeably improved, surely boosted by sky high confidence from his time at United, and bagged three goals in six games.

In June, Schlupp said: "I spoke with Sir Alex a couple of times. Before games, he would just tell me that I was a good player and to go out and play to the best of my ability. He just calmed you down and made you feel like the pressure was off."

But something else happened in June; Sir Alex Ferguson retired and David Moyes took over, and Schlupp's potential switch to United has failed to materialise.

We told last week how deals which were lined up for Brazilian starlets Bruno Gomes and Wellington Bueno have fallen through since David Moyes took over, with a third Lucas Evangelista also unclear.

Moyes clearly has his priority list full, with signing big name players - even if he is yet to complete a purchase of one - and getting to know the senior players in his squad.

first of all sorry for my intrusion , but I for one don't want to see the back of schlupp he has huge potential and can play left back but is wasted there , he is more of out and out striker and knows where the back of the net is when played in his correct position , the only reason he has played leftback is we only have konchesky there and schlupp is versatile and can play quite well there
Jeffrey Schlupp on 11:44 - Jan 31 with 2071 viewsQuakerJack

Jeffrey Schlupp on 09:34 - Jan 31 by pencoedjack

Just out of interest do you think our fully fit squad is better than the teams in the bottom half of the PL ?

The January transfer window is about panic buying IMO.

By the way it is a question not a dig ....

Yes I do think that on paper, and when fully fit, we're better than all the bottom half.

Time will tell whether that translates into positions and results.

Out of curiosity, do you, or Warwick who's also responded, believe that spending 1.5mil on rhys Williams, or 2.5mil on schlupp will improve or even be the difference between fighting relegation and mid table.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Login to get fewer ads

Jeffrey Schlupp on 11:51 - Jan 31 with 2042 viewsraynor94

Jeffrey Schlupp on 11:44 - Jan 31 by QuakerJack

Yes I do think that on paper, and when fully fit, we're better than all the bottom half.

Out of curiosity, do you, or Warwick who's also responded, believe that spending 1.5mil on rhys Williams, or 2.5mil on schlupp will improve or even be the difference between fighting relegation and mid table.

You are morphing into perch as each day passes have a bit of faith even fergie seen something in him he's cover, we were never going to spend big in jan

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Jeffrey Schlupp on 11:59 - Jan 31 with 2009 viewspencoedjack

I do not think we need to improve with panic buys ...... I also think our squad when fit is superior to all around us.

At the start of the season I thought we would finish mid table & still think the same, Williams, Schlupp and any others we sign will be back up players this season.

Against the grain on here (it seems) I hope Laudrup is here next season and these signings are part of a long term plan.

Anyway each and every signing, will have my full support in the hope that Swansea City continue to progress at the same rate as the board have successfully managed for the last 10 years.

STID
Jeffrey Schlupp on 12:00 - Jan 31 with 1998 viewsLohengrin

This is no reflection on the boy or his ability but in all honesty I'd never heard of him until this morning.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Jeffrey Schlupp on 12:06 - Jan 31 with 1963 viewsWarwickHunt

Jeffrey Schlupp on 09:38 - Jan 31 by Swanfan1

great ambition Swansea board, great ambition !

You just don't get it...
Jeffrey Schlupp on 12:06 - Jan 31 with 1957 viewsperchrockjack

Jeffrey Schlupp on 11:51 - Jan 31 by raynor94

You are morphing into perch as each day passes have a bit of faith even fergie seen something in him he's cover, we were never going to spend big in jan

EH Thanks Ray but I am my own man and cant see how this chap can be compared with me. Maybe though he is a realist and wants the best for our club and sees these players as not up to the standard required.
Personally I still haven't recovered from someone saying Vasquez will come good which is the sort of comment that should be riciculed on here That have someone of that mentality and standard on our books shames us-soory but that s a FACT.

Ngog has been really unimpressive and the fact hes seen as an improvement shows just what an abysmal loan he is and why we comment such.

Much comment is made about "negative" posts but the d`1cks who slag off posters never come up with an alternative .

Now then now then.

Oh and finally I never post to impress anyone ever.

Now you ve got my dander up again so Im off to find a little puppy to drown..

Hope you re not like tis at home.innit

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Jeffrey Schlupp on 12:19 - Jan 31 with 1880 viewsWarwickHunt

No, but that's not why they're being bought...

Bolstering the squad with an eye on the future. F*ck me - it's not rocket science.
Jeffrey Schlupp on 12:20 - Jan 31 with 1873 viewsraynor94

Jeffrey Schlupp on 12:06 - Jan 31 by perchrockjack

EH Thanks Ray but I am my own man and cant see how this chap can be compared with me. Maybe though he is a realist and wants the best for our club and sees these players as not up to the standard required.
Personally I still haven't recovered from someone saying Vasquez will come good which is the sort of comment that should be riciculed on here That have someone of that mentality and standard on our books shames us-soory but that s a FACT.

Ngog has been really unimpressive and the fact hes seen as an improvement shows just what an abysmal loan he is and why we comment such.

Much comment is made about "negative" posts but the d`1cks who slag off posters never come up with an alternative .

Now then now then.

Oh and finally I never post to impress anyone ever.

Now you ve got my dander up again so Im off to find a little puppy to drown..

Hope you re not like tis at home.innit

Don't take things too seriously it's only a message board

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Jeffrey Schlupp on 12:31 - Jan 31 with 1704 viewstomdickharry

Love to see that list,is it the same one that had Bony down as about 6th choice striker we should sign last summer?
Jeffrey Schlupp on 12:37 - Jan 31 with 1652 viewsAnotherJohn

The thing that worried me was the comment on the Lecister webboard: 'maybe they are thinking of next year if they go down'. In isolation each of our recent signings can be seen as a reasonable gamble for the future. However, if you take them in totality there is an absence of Premier League quality. There is no way over the longer term that we can stay as a top ten club if we invest so much less than our rivals.
Jeffrey Schlupp on 12:40 - Jan 31 with 1621 viewsWarwickHunt

Jeffrey Schlupp on 12:31 - Jan 31 by tomdickharry

Love to see that list,is it the same one that had Bony down as about 6th choice striker we should sign last summer?

Would you have preferred just one name on the wanted striker list then?

Perhaps someone who wanted stupid money, too long a contract, a huge signing on fee etc.
Do you think we have a divine right to sign every player we fancy regardless of how negotiations go?

We seem to have a bargain in Bony - what's your problem? Apart from consistently posting utter bollox...
Jeffrey Schlupp on 12:41 - Jan 31 with 1619 viewsC_jack

Huw was up late on Football Manager last night then.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Jeffrey Schlupp on 12:43 - Jan 31 with 1584 viewsGTCJack

Jeffrey Schlupp on 12:40 - Jan 31 by WarwickHunt

Would you have preferred just one name on the wanted striker list then?

Perhaps someone who wanted stupid money, too long a contract, a huge signing on fee etc.
Do you think we have a divine right to sign every player we fancy regardless of how negotiations go?

We seem to have a bargain in Bony - what's your problem? Apart from consistently posting utter bollox...

Perhaps we should've spunked 75k a week on Iago f*cking Aspas to persuade him to come here over us...
Jeffrey Schlupp on 12:49 - Jan 31 with 1517 viewshammy

The stats back this up.

Against the bottom 11 (excluding us obviously), we have the following record:-

Won=5, Drawn=5, Lost=1, Points=20, %age Points Won=60%

Whereas against the top 9 we have the following record:-

Won=1, Drawn=1, Lost=10, Points=4, %age Points Won=11%

We have 9 games remaining against the bottom 11 and 6 against the top 10. So based on the %age Points Won above for both sets of games we would end up with 42.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Jeffrey Schlupp on 13:05 - Jan 31 with 1430 viewsQuakerJack

Jeffrey Schlupp on 11:51 - Jan 31 by raynor94

Given our small transfer budget what I'm saying is I'd rather we didn't spend at all than buy this lad and the likes of rhys williams... which I was proven right on as being a liability in terms of injuries... rumour up here is that Karanka refused to sell him to us... so we would have bought him otherwise

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Jeffrey Schlupp on 13:07 - Jan 31 with 1405 viewsQuakerJack

Jeffrey Schlupp on 12:19 - Jan 31 by WarwickHunt

No, but that's not why they're being bought...

Bolstering the squad with an eye on the future. F*ck me - it's not rocket science.

my point is that we're spending money we don't need to spend on players that for all we know, the new man may not fancy... all I'm saying is, save the cash and give it to the new feller in the summer

Jeffrey Schlupp on 13:11 - Jan 31 with 1382 viewsgyrjack

Simple analagy of why we arent spending big. Your mate has a faster car than you, so you a. get into debt to get a better one, which then turns into a viscious circle, or b. You get a cheaper or more obscure one, without breaking the bank and secretly tune the fk out of it in your garage. I like this philosophy personally, and its more satisfying too.
Would we have been as chuffed with Michu if we'd paid £20m instead of 2?
Jeffrey Schlupp on 13:15 - Jan 31 with 1341 viewsQuakerJack

Jeffrey Schlupp on 13:11 - Jan 31 by gyrjack

Simple analagy of why we arent spending big. Your mate has a faster car than you, so you a. get into debt to get a better one, which then turns into a viscious circle, or b. You get a cheaper or more obscure one, without breaking the bank and secretly tune the fk out of it in your garage. I like this philosophy personally, and its more satisfying too.
Would we have been as chuffed with Michu if we'd paid £20m instead of 2?

difference being, we're not suggesting anyone gets into debt... given our strong financial position, we would not need to get into debt to sign a decent player...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024