Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laudrup to leave and emergency board meeting 23:08 - Jan 21 with 18847 viewsDarran

According to the Mirror anyway.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/swanseas-michael-laudrup-leave-summe

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Laudrup to leave and emergency board meeting on 17:28 - Jan 22 with 2015 viewsDarran

Have people just started taking an interest in football in the last three seasons or what?
Hoddles a f*cking weirdo.

Laudrup to leave and emergency board meeting on 17:32 - Jan 22 with 2002 viewsMattG

Laudrup to leave and emergency board meeting on 14:07 - Jan 22 by Apathy

Maybe he isn't, Matt. Who knows? ML isn't giving much away. All the noises seem to be coming from the board room. It was the same pre-season, June and July full of speculation about his future and signings because the club and Laudrup went mute. Here we are in another window and history is repeating. I'm full of admiration for him, I genuinely hope he turns the current of poor form around and the last thing I want to see is him walk away or get the chop. But we're up sh*t creek with our injury list, we have 9 days left of the transfer window and we've signed nobody. Confidence isn't exactly brimming here

Personally, aside from Vazquez, I'm pretty happy with who came in during the summer - the alleged uncertainty over Laudrup's future and all the furore surrounding Tutumlu didn't impact on that, as far as I can see.

As for this window, just because ML and the Board aren't saying anything doesn't mean nothing is happening. I agree that it would have been nice to see something significant by now but the fact is that (a) we're very unlikely to splash £10m+ on a player in January and (b) like it or not, we're quite low down the pecking order when it comes to PL clubs and they will want to finish (or pretty much) their transfer business before sending anyone out on loan.

I'm not saying everything is rosy and I definitely agree that there needs to be an upturn in results pretty sharpish but I'm not hitting the panic button just yet either.
Laudrup to leave and emergency board meeting on 17:37 - Jan 22 with 1974 viewsjruss1

Clement fits the bill perfectly. Exactly the type of manager we would go for in almost every way.
Laudrup to leave and emergency board meeting on 17:43 - Jan 22 with 1951 viewsApathy

Laudrup to leave and emergency board meeting on 17:32 - Jan 22 by MattG

Personally, aside from Vazquez, I'm pretty happy with who came in during the summer - the alleged uncertainty over Laudrup's future and all the furore surrounding Tutumlu didn't impact on that, as far as I can see.

As for this window, just because ML and the Board aren't saying anything doesn't mean nothing is happening. I agree that it would have been nice to see something significant by now but the fact is that (a) we're very unlikely to splash £10m+ on a player in January and (b) like it or not, we're quite low down the pecking order when it comes to PL clubs and they will want to finish (or pretty much) their transfer business before sending anyone out on loan.

I'm not saying everything is rosy and I definitely agree that there needs to be an upturn in results pretty sharpish but I'm not hitting the panic button just yet either.

Fair comments, pal

Goulet

Laudrup to leave and emergency board meeting on 17:43 - Jan 22 with 1948 viewsmax936

Laudrup to leave and emergency board meeting on 23:17 - Jan 21 by Darran

This who I'd go for.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Clement_(football_coach)

Great shout that mush, I think he's always been a coach or a No2 though, would he fancy being a No1 though.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Laudrup to leave and emergency board meeting on 17:46 - Jan 22 with 1936 viewsDarran

Laudrup to leave and emergency board meeting on 17:43 - Jan 22 by max936

Great shout that mush, I think he's always been a coach or a No2 though, would he fancy being a No1 though.

Yes.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24032226

Laudrup to leave and emergency board meeting on 17:46 - Jan 22 with 1936 viewswaynekerr55

Laudrup to leave and emergency board meeting on 17:28 - Jan 22 by Darran

Have people just started taking an interest in football in the last three seasons or what?

And makes Laudrup's alleged lack of man management skills make him seem better than Brendan and Judas rolled together

File away with Toshack under "obnoxious person who can't deal with the modern player"

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Laudrup to leave and emergency board meeting on 17:46 - Jan 22 with 1936 viewsIAN05

Laudrup to leave and emergency board meeting on 17:28 - Jan 22 by Darran

Why do people constantly mention him ? He has managed anyone for years. What do people think he would be any good or even interested.

Our record of appointing and working with lesser names is far superior to that when we appoint 'big name' ex stars.
Login to get fewer ads

Laudrup to leave and emergency board meeting on 17:57 - Jan 22 with 1875 viewsymaohyd

Laudrup to leave and emergency board meeting on 17:46 - Jan 22 by Darran

Yes.

Are you the godfather of the Swans Darren, pulling the strings of the Swans from is it Baglan or Port Talbot where you live?

He'd def be the type of manager the Swans would go for.

The Western Mail and Post will probably run an article tomorrow based on this!

Good shout though, must be honest i'd never heard of him.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Laudrup to leave and emergency board meeting on 18:00 - Jan 22 with 1859 viewsDarran

Laudrup to leave and emergency board meeting on 17:57 - Jan 22 by ymaohyd

Are you the godfather of the Swans Darren, pulling the strings of the Swans from is it Baglan or Port Talbot where you live?

He'd def be the type of manager the Swans would go for.

The Western Mail and Post will probably run an article tomorrow based on this!

Good shout though, must be honest i'd never heard of him.

I've been following him for a number of years Butt

And I don't live in Baglan,Port Talbot anymore I moved to Neath for tax purposes.

Laudrup to leave and emergency board meeting on 18:05 - Jan 22 with 1840 viewsmax936

Laudrup to leave and emergency board meeting on 17:46 - Jan 22 by Darran

Yes.

Get on the trombone to Huwbert ASAP en musha,

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Laudrup to leave and emergency board meeting on 18:19 - Jan 22 with 1781 viewsymaohyd

Laudrup to leave and emergency board meeting on 18:00 - Jan 22 by Darran

I've been following him for a number of years Butt

And I don't live in Baglan,Port Talbot anymore I moved to Neath for tax purposes.

The tax haven that is Cadoxton? or Monaco esq Bryncoch?

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Laudrup to leave and emergency board meeting on 19:32 - Jan 22 with 1676 viewsSwanfan1

If your not going to allow transfers because the boss might go in summer, then better to sack him now.
why ? cause you shoot yourself in the foot by playing a weakened team for the relegation battle and you might just end up relegated.

Board:
we want championship players.

ML:
Spanish La liga players

seem like the dispute stems from transfer policy, everytime the transfer window is open some sort of dispute is reported

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

Laudrup to leave and emergency board meeting on 19:59 - Jan 22 with 1652 viewswaynekerr55

Laudrup to leave and emergency board meeting on 19:32 - Jan 22 by Swanfan1

If your not going to allow transfers because the boss might go in summer, then better to sack him now.
why ? cause you shoot yourself in the foot by playing a weakened team for the relegation battle and you might just end up relegated.

Board:
we want championship players.

ML:
Spanish La liga players

seem like the dispute stems from transfer policy, everytime the transfer window is open some sort of dispute is reported

Why would the board want championship players?

Laudrup to leave and emergency board meeting on 20:10 - Jan 22 with 1608 viewsDr_Winston

Laudrup to leave and emergency board meeting on 19:59 - Jan 22 by waynekerr55

Why would the board want championship players?

Because they're cheap and that's who their own scout is recommending?

This whole situation strikes me as very reminiscent of the Sousa era. The board scrabbling to sign their own players because the manager can't/won't.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Laudrup to leave and emergency board meeting on 20:20 - Jan 22 with 1561 viewsDewi1jack

Laudrup to leave and emergency board meeting on 17:46 - Jan 22 by waynekerr55

And makes Laudrup's alleged lack of man management skills make him seem better than Brendan and Judas rolled together

File away with Toshack under "obnoxious person who can't deal with the modern player"

Surprising really with the quality of names that some people want (Hoddle, Toshack FFS, please just say NO to whatever illegal substances you're taking) no one's mentioned the top names of DiCanio, Keane, Zola and the wally with the brolly yet.
Or that Turkish bloke (23 clubs in 22 years or something like that) we were trying to convince our cousins was a good bet.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Laudrup to leave and emergency board meeting on 20:21 - Jan 22 with 1553 viewsblaine_scfc

Laudrup to leave and emergency board meeting on 20:10 - Jan 22 by Dr_Winston

Because they're cheap and that's who their own scout is recommending?

This whole situation strikes me as very reminiscent of the Sousa era. The board scrabbling to sign their own players because the manager can't/won't.

Why wouldn't Laudrup want to sign players though? Us struggling will only effect his future job prospects in a negative way.
Laudrup to leave and emergency board meeting on 20:23 - Jan 22 with 1545 viewsLiberty

Laudrup to leave and emergency board meeting on 23:17 - Jan 21 by Darran

This who I'd go for.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Clement_(football_coach)

Start a negative thread and got replacement lined up already.

We really are poor at supporting team when they need us most, unfortunately this negativity spreads and hope it doesn't reach the players - but judging by antics of fans on match day I think it already has.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Laudrup to leave and emergency board meeting on 20:24 - Jan 22 with 1541 viewsDarran

Laudrup to leave and emergency board meeting on 20:23 - Jan 22 by Liberty

Start a negative thread and got replacement lined up already.

We really are poor at supporting team when they need us most, unfortunately this negativity spreads and hope it doesn't reach the players - but judging by antics of fans on match day I think it already has.

I'm not sure if you're calling me negative but if you are you can go f*ck yourself.

Laudrup to leave and emergency board meeting on 20:27 - Jan 22 with 1529 viewsDr_Winston

Laudrup to leave and emergency board meeting on 20:21 - Jan 22 by blaine_scfc

Why wouldn't Laudrup want to sign players though? Us struggling will only effect his future job prospects in a negative way.

Laudrup would probably love to bring some players in. With his buddy Bayram being out of the circle that makes it somewhat harder for him. So it's more of a can't than won't.

Sousa was a won't.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Laudrup to leave and emergency board meeting on 20:30 - Jan 22 with 1513 viewswaynekerr55

Laudrup to leave and emergency board meeting on 20:27 - Jan 22 by Dr_Winston

Laudrup would probably love to bring some players in. With his buddy Bayram being out of the circle that makes it somewhat harder for him. So it's more of a can't than won't.

Sousa was a won't.

Luke Warm on a free

Laudrup to leave and emergency board meeting on 20:37 - Jan 22 with 1479 viewsLiberty

Laudrup to leave and emergency board meeting on 20:24 - Jan 22 by Darran

I'm not sure if you're calling me negative but if you are you can go f*ck yourself.

I am

And no thanks.

Team and Laudrup need support now more than ever, certainly more than any other time in last few years.

This thread whether intended or not, especially started by you , - key man, mod etc blah blah, adds flame to the fire. Thats a fact. Not intentional, I know.

Laudrup to leave and emergency board meeting on 20:40 - Jan 22 with 1462 viewsDarran

Laudrup to leave and emergency board meeting on 20:37 - Jan 22 by Liberty

I am

And no thanks.

Team and Laudrup need support now more than ever, certainly more than any other time in last few years.

This thread whether intended or not, especially started by you , - key man, mod etc blah blah, adds flame to the fire. Thats a fact. Not intentional, I know.

Well like I said you can go f*ck yourself then.
You've already abused the deceased father of one of our long time posters so I'm going to keep an eye on you cockbreath.

Laudrup to leave and emergency board meeting on 20:42 - Jan 22 with 1453 viewsDr_Winston

Laudrup to leave and emergency board meeting on 20:30 - Jan 22 by waynekerr55

Luke Warm on a free

Better than Ngog every which way. And Vasquez.

Laudrup to leave and emergency board meeting on 20:44 - Jan 22 with 1434 viewsLiberty

Laudrup to leave and emergency board meeting on 20:40 - Jan 22 by Darran

Well like I said you can go f*ck yourself then.
You've already abused the deceased father of one of our long time posters so I'm going to keep an eye on you cockbreath.

I am not raising to ur bait. You can swear at me and threaten me.

Carry on.

Opposing opinion that is all.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024