Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
quick fix or long game?? 22:35 - Jul 3 with 1066 viewsconnell10

i gotta a feeling once more our board are gonna go for the quick fix , id prefer the long game myself!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

quick fix or long game?? on 04:40 - Jul 4 with 1016 viewstimcocking

It's a tough call. I imagine Tony is really getting it in the neck behind the scenes to get us the hell back up asap? I think they really, really want to go up this season.

If that's the case, it is easy to understand why they'd look at people like Scotty Parker over younger unproven players which we'd prefer if possible. And if HR is only here for one shot, it hardly matters to him where we are in 5 years, he won't be here then.
quick fix or long game?? on 04:54 - Jul 4 with 991 viewsKiwi76

If old heads add some character as with Derry & Hill then fine by me. Also signed Simpson not Bridge so hope will be a mix.
quick fix or long game?? on 07:48 - Jul 4 with 963 viewsLblock

Hasnt Harry already said it's next season or never for him?

I think we can safely say that translates as we hit 1st place by 17th August and stay there till the end or H is offski to the first Prem job that comes up.

Warren Farm delays, HS2 in doubt ergo new ground viability at Old Oak, leach-like players demanding kings ransoms to leave and leach a healthy living elsewhere.... its great this game Tone aint it?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

quick fix or long game?? on 07:55 - Jul 4 with 954 viewsGloucs_R

5m for crouch
2m for Parker

That scares the he'll or of me. If that us true then we've learnt nothing.

Poll: Are we staying up?

quick fix or long game?? on 08:01 - Jul 4 with 943 viewsexiled_dictator

quick fix or long game?? on 07:55 - Jul 4 by Gloucs_R

5m for crouch
2m for Parker

And somewhat; we should be paying at least £10 million for Crouchy, and £80k a week to compensate his comedown to Championship.
Although £2 million for Parker is good money, we could destroy the deal by putting him of £70k a week plus.
We really have to keep up this image of ignorance and short termedness. Besides, I think Tony likes having his pants taken down.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

quick fix or long game?? on 08:12 - Jul 4 with 927 viewsbosh67

Long game for me. Get Townsend in, keep Adel, Hogan, Ned, Harriman, Doughty, Sutherland, Ale, Mackie, Hill, Derry (as the 4 elders) and build a young team, generally under 25/26.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

quick fix or long game?? on 08:19 - Jul 4 with 920 viewsVish

Fans generally would be happy with the long game - firstly we're used to it, secondly it will build foundations for the longer term.

The board however are probably looking at the finances and are thinking shorter term. If we end up 10th next season, I can't see the Board sticking by Harry (or Harry sticking around) for another season. Then we'll hit the managerial merry go round again with more signings etc etc..... all in my opinion.....
quick fix or long game?? on 08:30 - Jul 4 with 897 viewsYorkRanger

quick fix or long game?? on 07:55 - Jul 4 by Gloucs_R

5m for crouch
2m for Parker

Not sure that I agree when it comes to Parker particularly. Exemplary professional on and off the pitch, great leader and would be an excellent ambassador. Plus a very good footballer who would fill a key role. Provided any injury concerns are thoroughly explored an we are satisfied with the outcome then every penny would be well spent.
Login to get fewer ads

quick fix or long game?? on 08:38 - Jul 4 with 881 viewsconnell10

quick fix or long game?? on 08:12 - Jul 4 by bosh67

Long game for me. Get Townsend in, keep Adel, Hogan, Ned, Harriman, Doughty, Sutherland, Ale, Mackie, Hill, Derry (as the 4 elders) and build a young team, generally under 25/26.

This is what i want mate, if we come up i want us to have a chance of staying up and i can only see us doing that by building a team over a few years! Quick fix equals we are in a fix again im afraid!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

quick fix or long game?? on 08:38 - Jul 4 with 881 viewsspencer

No brainer.Long game for me...but like most on here, that doesn't seem to be the opinion of many at ground.Youngsters get destroyed if they don't perform from game one by many fans at the ground.

The signing of Simpson and others of his type would seem the right match, but have no problem with the odd sprinkle of a Parker and Crouch.I don't see those two as mercenaries like half the signings we are left with from last two seasons.

Hill and Derry were great for us,but are they still able to do the same job for the next two three years.?

Time will tell i suppose and we have a month till season starts...so..let's see !
quick fix or long game?? on 08:42 - Jul 4 with 876 viewsSomersetHoops

I think Harry is using his usual blackmail tactics to force the board to sign who he wants irrespective of their age or future value. That is why he is saying he is committed to getting us up this year, so if he doesn't get the players he wants he can blame the board if it doesn't happen. I hope Tony can see beyond one season, because Harry is saying he can't.

I would far rather see Townsend back at QPR than Crouch and likely at about the same fee, but I expect Crouch would demand much higher wages and that would not be good value. In addition with better coaching Townsend should increase in value whereas Crouch after a two year contract will be worth nothing.

Scott Parker at 2 mil. is a different thing - as long as he can pass a proper medical and comes committed to the cause, I think that would be a good signing.

Who's Next?

quick fix or long game?? on 08:45 - Jul 4 with 868 viewsadhoc_qpr

The board talk a long game, while playing a short one basically!
quick fix or long game?? on 09:49 - Jul 4 with 837 viewsTheBlob

Nope,instant gratification for me.Life's too short to se what's over an ever decreasing horizon.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

quick fix or long game?? on 10:17 - Jul 4 with 813 viewsLowerloftLad

I don't mind paying money on the right kind of players and it won't take this new players to gel as they know 75/80per cent of the squad to start with there hard working players with good attitudes so for every bad egg we get out we add a good one things are looking up

Parker and crouch

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

quick fix or long game?? on 10:18 - Jul 4 with 809 viewsTHEBUSH

quick fix or long game?? on 08:12 - Jul 4 by bosh67

Harry has said, he wants to get promoted at the first attempt and he obviously thinks Crouch and Parker give him a better chance !!

I think I prefer your approach, but it's not our choice.
quick fix or long game?? on 10:58 - Jul 4 with 769 viewsTonto

is it not possible to hedge a few bets here?

if a good young player comes up - go for it. If the right character older player comes up - go for it.

the caveat is, however, that the fees and ewgaes for any player should not be extortionate. We over paid both in the last 3 transfer windows.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

quick fix or long game?? on 13:42 - Jul 4 with 718 viewsPinnerPaul

quick fix or long game?? on 08:19 - Jul 4 by Vish

Fans generally would be happy with the long game - firstly we're used to it, secondly it will build foundations for the longer term.

The board however are probably looking at the finances and are thinking shorter term. If we end up 10th next season, I can't see the Board sticking by Harry (or Harry sticking around) for another season. Then we'll hit the managerial merry go round again with more signings etc etc..... all in my opinion.....

Are you sure?

If we're bumbling along in 10th come October there will no one on here that wants Harry out?!!!!!

I don't think so, every defeat will (as usual) be met with apocalypse like posts as will every win be treated as the performance of the decade!

There is no one more "short term" than us fans!
quick fix or long game?? on 13:45 - Jul 4 with 709 viewstoboboly

quick fix or long game?? on 13:42 - Jul 4 by PinnerPaul

Are you sure?

If we're bumbling along in 10th come October there will no one on here that wants Harry out?!!!!!

I don't think so, every defeat will (as usual) be met with apocalypse like posts as will every win be treated as the performance of the decade!

There is no one more "short term" than us fans!

That is because of the prices and bullshit fed to people for a number of years, add to that the loss of a number of regulars down the years who may have been more patient. Reap what you sow and all that.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

quick fix or long game?? on 13:48 - Jul 4 with 699 viewsstevenomad01

Surely if they have the ability and are proven, then just because they are the wrong side of 30 doesn't mean you should write them off. If we applied the current only players under 25 logic, then Hill and Derry would never have been signed. OK, there is an argument that they are more injure prone, but a player can have a career threatening injury at any age. You need a mix of youth and experience, to play the short or long game.
quick fix or long game?? on 13:51 - Jul 4 with 693 viewsTheBlob

Jam tomorrow and jam yesterday but never jam today.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......jam......on scones with cream or thick crusty bread?.....want jam now.....

Poll: So how was the season for you?

quick fix or long game?? on 21:32 - Jul 4 with 629 viewsdaveB

surely a bit of both is the best way forward, you won't get the long term goals of a decent premier league side if we con't do the short term aim of going up and the longer you are out of that league the harder it gets to come back

all about getting the balance right this summer with good senior pros, players to get us up and ones for the future, not an easy task for anyone to get all three right
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024