Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dibling 19:01 - Oct 2 with 1077 viewsgrumpy

I felt sorry for him on Monday night.
He did his best but should have had someone playing alongside him.
When you have raw talent like him you don't throw him upfront on his own like that.
There's been some great partnerships up front how could we forget
Channon and Keegan
Rush and Dalglish
Shearer and Sutton etc
Don't play a youngster upfront on his own,it would have been better if he had played with Armstrong for company on Monday.
Don't despair you're a good player,we can see that.
[Post edited 2 Oct 19:01]
Dibling on 21:03 - Oct 2 with 957 viewsSaintcole7

Sadly the "big" clubs also see this so he is in the departure lounge, though I hate to say it that is football today!
Dibling on 22:19 - Oct 2 with 896 viewsSonicBoom

I wasn't even aware he was playing up front.
Dibling on 09:05 - Oct 3 with 735 viewsGRIM

Dibling on 22:19 - Oct 2 by SonicBoom

Not sure he knew where he was supposed to be playing. Nor did anyone else know where they were playing.
Crazy team selection & weird game plan with no Strikers on the pitch but 5 on the bench.
Dibling on 09:35 - Oct 3 with 698 viewsgrumpy

Dibling on 09:05 - Oct 3 by GRIM

Not sure he knew where he was supposed to be playing. Nor did anyone else know where they were playing.
Crazy team selection & weird game plan with no Strikers on the pitch but 5 on the bench.

At one stage he charge through 3 or 4 Bournemouth players with inevitable outcome of losing the ball,the lad has no guidance on or off the field.
Dibling on 09:46 - Oct 3 with 691 viewsIfonly

This was another dumb move by tactical genius Russell Martin. He said afterwards he wanted Dibling in the middle to carry the ball forwards.

Why?? Any idiot knows that you have more space on the wings. If you're going to dribble the ball, do it there. The middle of the park rapidly becomes crowded and dribblers get stopped, which is what happened to Dibling. He was far less effective than he has been in previous games.

In a must win game, RM tried a tactical experiment with an 18 year old that was doomed to fail before it even started.
Dibling on 12:01 - Oct 3 with 635 viewssaint901

Playing Dibling as a lone striker shows either desperation or a total disregard for the player's welfare or both.

I've said elsewhere that RM clearly wanted a more defensive line up and therefore one striker was needed - but not Dibling.

Most "one striker" teams have some big unit up front who will take some knocks but who will keep the ball. That is totally not Dibling and if RM really did say he wants him to dribble the ball out, then he is worse tactically than even I thought.
Dibling on 12:21 - Oct 3 with 621 viewsGRIM

Dibling on 12:01 - Oct 3 by saint901

Playing Dibling as a lone striker shows either desperation or a total disregard for the player's welfare or both.

I've said elsewhere that RM clearly wanted a more defensive line up and therefore one striker was needed - but not Dibling.

Most "one striker" teams have some big unit up front who will take some knocks but who will keep the ball. That is totally not Dibling and if RM really did say he wants him to dribble the ball out, then he is worse tactically than even I thought.

So much for protecting & looking after a young talent.
Asking him to play out of position & lead the front line at 18 yrs old is totally unfair.
If that didn't knock his confidence then what will.
Dibling on 13:22 - Oct 3 with 572 viewsButty101

No one plays two upfront in the old traditional sense any more.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Login to get fewer ads

Dibling on 13:36 - Oct 3 with 561 viewsgrumpy

Dibling on 13:22 - Oct 3 by Butty101

Not sure we play anyone upfront.
Dibling on 14:42 - Oct 3 with 510 viewsyateleysaint

I think he was supposed to be a false 9 but was so isolated that he felt he had to try and do everything on his own. Anyone would struggle in that situation so it was a bizarre idea, as was pumping it long to Wee Man, who had no chance. I don’t rate any of our strikers either but it’s not like we don’t have any other options. We made it far too easy for Bournemouth.

You cannot reason a person out of something they were not reasoned into.

Dibling on 15:13 - Oct 3 with 498 viewsIfonly

Dibling on 13:22 - Oct 3 by Butty101

or hardly any one plays 2 up front, but does that make it a bad idea? I think football is too fad driven these days. If the players we've got suit a certain system then we should play it, regardless of whether it's trendy or not.

We haven't got a centre forward who can lead the line by themselves (unless Ross Stewart steps up) so playing 2 strikers may well suit us.
Dibling on 15:53 - Oct 3 with 475 viewsHollywood56

He wasn't, In fact nobody needed too we never got that far up the pitch.

Poll: Potter as head coach and Llallana as his assistant

Dibling on 17:21 - Oct 3 with 435 viewsgrumpy

Dibling on 15:13 - Oct 3 by Ifonly

or hardly any one plays 2 up front, but does that make it a bad idea? I think football is too fad driven these days. If the players we've got suit a certain system then we should play it, regardless of whether it's trendy or not.

We haven't got a centre forward who can lead the line by themselves (unless Ross Stewart steps up) so playing 2 strikers may well suit us.

English teams were feared when we played 2 upfront,usually with a big striker and his partner.Defences do not like a big striker in their box,he only needs to stand there and he becomes a nuisance at least.
Dibling on 19:39 - Oct 3 with 380 viewsInTimeAddedOn

If we are not very careful RM’s asinine treatment of Dibling will cost us the services of the player permanently. As it stands, it appears the TD has a genuine affection for SFC, evidenced by his swift return after leaving for the supposedly greener pastures of Chelsea. However much he loves it here, the ‘advisers’ that will inevitably surround him now will not put up with the mismanagement of his undoubted talent for long. It’s going to be a hard enough battle to keep him as it is but continue to mismanage his development like RM did on Monday evening and he will be out of the door in January.
Dibling on 20:02 - Oct 3 with 349 viewsSonicBoom

With no one up front, the Bournemouth cb's had nothing to do. So they could push up onto Dibling and Fernandes and squeeze all the space.
Strange tactics as Dibling has been one of our best players when he's out wide with more space.
Well let's be honest all of the tactics on Monday night were completely baffling.
[Post edited 3 Oct 20:03]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024