Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The "Red Wall" 21:28 - Sep 14 with 2980 viewsSouthamptonfan

Anyone else really disappointed with the atmosphere in the stadium? Even at nil nil, it seemed really quiet, yet we have 7 thousand fans behind the goal. The lack of interaction between the home and away support makes the atmosphere really dull and subdued. The interaction between the old Itchen North and Northam all stood up between a bunch of rowdy away fans made things entertaining in the stands if not on the pitch. The away fans now are right next to a load of quiet Saints fans, who just sit there. It's very calm, quiet and subdued in the stadium and it's certainly not impacting results.
[Post edited 14 Sep 21:41]

Poll: Who are you voting for?

The "Red Wall" on 08:49 - Sep 16 with 461 viewsPatfromPoole

The "Red Wall" on 08:34 - Sep 16 by Joiedevivre

What is with the flags before kick off? I’m all for fan-made banners like Liverpool - through the years I can think of ‘skate busters’, ‘Channon is bionic’, ‘Super Saints’ etc

But the Northam wall version is way too manufactured. We need less club control in fan culture. Allow banners, but ones home made by our own fans which they can bring with them. Not the generic 2 designs held by everyone and bought on the cheap.

The problem is that our "fan culture" is increasingly driven by muppets with big followings on Twitter, such as Saint Rob and Football Martin, who just want to be seen in and around the dreaded fanzones.

The new songs which I hear people now singing are beyond painful.

I don't mind things like flags, they are all about improving the atmosphere. But you can only have an atmosphere if you have fans giving it plenty and not just arsing about on phones, and / or counting down the minutes until they can return to the nearest fanzone for a pint at half-time / full-time.

Oh, and it might help if the team tried having a few shots on goal during a game.......

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

The "Red Wall" on 09:06 - Sep 16 with 443 viewsCapt_Koons

The "Red Wall" on 15:32 - Sep 15 by franniesTache

Yeah but the difference now is the away fans are over there so gives you something to interact with.

Personally i can't keep going back to the northam "wall" as that's probably going to end with me giving up on going to games. It's just full of the worst kind of saints fans who i try and avoid given half the chance.

It's actually really hard to explain just how bad it is if you've not been there, a mix of the worst soccer am banter, obsessing over the skates and then people just stood there in silence.

Best you stay at home with a few prawn and cucumber sandwiches I think.

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

The "Red Wall" on 10:03 - Sep 16 with 375 viewsfranniesTache

The "Red Wall" on 09:06 - Sep 16 by Capt_Koons

Best you stay at home with a few prawn and cucumber sandwiches I think.

I'm about as far from a prawn sandwich person as you're going to get mush, but I also have standards and when every song is about the blue few it's just sh*t.
The "Red Wall" on 10:07 - Sep 16 with 366 viewsBuggalugs

The club will sort it out by sanctioning a drummer soon.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

The "Red Wall" on 11:14 - Sep 16 with 300 viewsTripleNiemi

We need the ground expansion done asap. The sooner we stick another tier / 40,000 fans to the ‘Red Wall’ / ‘Northam Kop’ the better. We need more Noddy’s to make it a ground like no other…..

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

The on 21:20 - Sep 16 with 197 viewshedgeend61

The "Red Wall" on 07:50 - Sep 16 by 1teeminants

We do have some very odd looking fans and many who have no interest in singing or showing an ounce of passion which I’ve always found a bit weird.

Listen 1teem, you ain't gonna believe this, but it's allegedly true, we seem to have a new breed of fan (not supporter) that posts on a football forum about 10 times during the match itself from the stadium.

I know it's hard to comprehend but what kind of Nobby would even think of doing that???
Probably the weirdest thing to ever come out of weirdland
[Post edited 16 Sep 21:21]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024