Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Five things I noticed at Cardiff 11:41 - Aug 29 with 1946 viewsPatfromPoole

1. Nice ground, far too big for them.

2. I had read that we had sold over 2,500 tickets. I would say there were no more than 1,500 there; obviously a lot of people seeing it as a cheap way to boost their away game credits without going to a game.

3. Out of our following, there were a lot of schoolkids. Great for the future, though there was a particularly annoying lad behind me, who kept shouting out “Techy” all the time. If it had gone to penalties, I would have had to get away from him.

4. It was difficult to make out a number of our players from a distance; I don’t think the kit helped. Another reason not to like it

5. Lallana seemed to get a good ovation when he came on. Couldn’t hear any booing; I just crossed my arms….

Wonderful to get a win; yes, it’s a much undervalued competition, but it is invaluable for us to be able to give good game-time to a number of players who would otherwise not get it.

Great for Archer to score two and Fernandes looked very good.

Also, it was great for me personally to finally see a Saints win in Cardiff. Had previously seen 4 defeats in 3 different grounds (including the Cup Final...)

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Five things I noticed at Cardiff on 15:14 - Aug 29 with 1577 viewsSouthamptonfan

1 and 2 - Agreed, and spoke to a few last night who admitted they buy tickets for every away game, just to be sure of being able to go to the big games, Bournemouth, London games, and just sell their ticket if they don't go. It was really strange watching a competitive game in an empty stadium.

4 - Totally agree about the kit. It's an awful kit. The number of fans wearing them too, including men 😲.

5 - Lallana will be useful. Might as well support him. Edozie we need to get rid of him. He's not good enough.

It was an entertaining game and enjoyable evening. Lots of positives and there are players who can help.us this season. Archer, looks like he could really help us. Dibling was at the heart of everything. Fernández looks like he has talent and will help us. I think Ramsdale will help us a.lot and settle the defence too. I hope on Saturday, Fernández, Archer and Dibling start to give us the spark we need. Last night, they really created chances and provided a spark. I came away feeling more positive, that actually we do have players, who will win us games this season. We will have to see.
[Post edited 29 Aug 15:23]

Poll: Who are you voting for?

Five things I noticed at Cardiff on 15:39 - Aug 29 with 1518 viewsPatfromPoole

Five things I noticed at Cardiff on 15:14 - Aug 29 by Southamptonfan

1 and 2 - Agreed, and spoke to a few last night who admitted they buy tickets for every away game, just to be sure of being able to go to the big games, Bournemouth, London games, and just sell their ticket if they don't go. It was really strange watching a competitive game in an empty stadium.

4 - Totally agree about the kit. It's an awful kit. The number of fans wearing them too, including men 😲.

5 - Lallana will be useful. Might as well support him. Edozie we need to get rid of him. He's not good enough.

It was an entertaining game and enjoyable evening. Lots of positives and there are players who can help.us this season. Archer, looks like he could really help us. Dibling was at the heart of everything. Fernández looks like he has talent and will help us. I think Ramsdale will help us a.lot and settle the defence too. I hope on Saturday, Fernández, Archer and Dibling start to give us the spark we need. Last night, they really created chances and provided a spark. I came away feeling more positive, that actually we do have players, who will win us games this season. We will have to see.

My daughter likes the pink kit, but yes, totally beyond me why any bloke would wear it.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Five things I noticed at Cardiff on 15:49 - Aug 29 with 1489 viewsIfonly

Five things I noticed at Cardiff on 15:39 - Aug 29 by PatfromPoole

My daughter likes the pink kit, but yes, totally beyond me why any bloke would wear it.

Some are being paid £50k a week to wear it. I don't think I'd wear it for any less than that.
Five things I noticed at Cardiff on 15:56 - Aug 29 with 1469 viewskingslandstand1

Five things I noticed at Cardiff on 15:14 - Aug 29 by Southamptonfan

There were positives without a doubt, but we were playing a struggling Championship side (who also had their reserves/strugglers out)
Lallana seemed to add a bit of stability and showed his experience
But we did find the net 5 times!
Five things I noticed at Cardiff on 22:14 - Aug 29 with 1144 viewshedgeend61

Five things I noticed at Cardiff on 15:39 - Aug 29 by PatfromPoole

Said that to our kid at SMS Saturday, plenty of blokes wearing them, hideous, only thing I can think is they don't have mirrors in their house.
Five things I noticed at Cardiff on 01:03 - Aug 30 with 978 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Five things I noticed at Cardiff on 22:14 - Aug 29 by hedgeend61

Said that to our kid at SMS Saturday, plenty of blokes wearing them, hideous, only thing I can think is they don't have mirrors in their house.

I do understand that " The away Kit " is all about - another income stream ...... BUT - whoever had the brillient thought of producing a PINK STRIP ????? ..... Must have been pissed ----- or been a fantastic sales team !, must have been on a huge bonus I BUT I Just wonder " How many will be sold " ? ========== Will it make " break even " ! I very much doubt it ...... but fantastic for people who apstalutly love the pink strip - they are bound to pick up a bargin later - when they will have piles to get rid. Our colours are red & white sripes with black shorts ...... Did not anyone think - to put black numbers on the back of pink shirts ? would have made more sence, but why Pink ..... Yuk !!
[Post edited 30 Aug 1:17]

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

Five things I noticed at Cardiff on 13:43 - Aug 30 with 636 viewsTimSaint

We drove, so it was great that there was only 7k fans there. Made getting in and out very easy with little traffic about and we parked just round the corner from Ninian Park train station, so 5-10 mins walk away. (although there were still spaces available in the official away parking)

We reckoned there were about 2k Saints fans in attendance, but yes, loads of tickets were being sold online very cheaply, or even given away, as people obviously bought to get that extra away game.

Strange to play in such an empty stadium. Those in that top tier above the dug out, must have been in hospitality :-)

Far too many Pompey songs early doors, plus the obligatory sheep songs, England and Library. 2nd half saw the semi-amusing Sit Down If You Love Swansea, with a few Cardiff fans biting.

It was great to see so many goals, reminding us of our trip to Newport County a few years back. Good to see so many players get a run out and have positive impacts on the game - unlike at Gillingham last season !!

Not a fan of the pink shirts and agree that my ageing eyes struggled to make out the players/shirt numbers when play was at the far end from us.

Pat - I give you Boxing Day 2013 Cardiff 0 Saints 3 (JRod x 2, SRL) Christmas a day late !!

TimSaint

Five things I noticed at Cardiff on 17:11 - Aug 30 with 538 viewsBlock8

Five things I noticed at Cardiff on 01:03 - Aug 30 by A_Saint_in_Stoke

I do understand that " The away Kit " is all about - another income stream ...... BUT - whoever had the brillient thought of producing a PINK STRIP ????? ..... Must have been pissed ----- or been a fantastic sales team !, must have been on a huge bonus I BUT I Just wonder " How many will be sold " ? ========== Will it make " break even " ! I very much doubt it ...... but fantastic for people who apstalutly love the pink strip - they are bound to pick up a bargin later - when they will have piles to get rid. Our colours are red & white sripes with black shorts ...... Did not anyone think - to put black numbers on the back of pink shirts ? would have made more sence, but why Pink ..... Yuk !!
[Post edited 30 Aug 1:17]

Come on if someone can sell taking the hard shoulder away and call it a "Smart Motorway" pink football shirts are easy. Plenty of mugs about!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024