Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Most important 5 days of the season 09:05 - Aug 26 with 1885 viewsPatfromPoole

Starts today, with the transfer window closing on Friday.

As things stand, we will finish in the bottom 3, quite possibly bottom. Zero goal threat and not enough pace in the side.

We presumably have the funds (and PSR profit, just as importantly) from the Alcaraz sale.

Hopefully Bella-Kotchap will go somewhere and bring in more cash. Likewise Onuachu and Sulemana.

While it seems Hugo will go to Goztepe, we have to bring in at least two attacking players who will go straight into the side, not just get splinters on the bench.

We can do one more loan from a Prem team, which can't be Chelsea. This will probably be another Man City or Liverpool young player. Not sure that will particularly help.

We also really need a physical presence up front to give us an "out" ball to get us up the pitch. The concern is whether Martin will be pragmatic enough to accommodate this.

I would go for Weghorst from Burnley; seems he may be about to sign for schmuck League side Trabzonspor, who were after Onuachu. We need to drop our price for Onuachu so that they sign him instead.

Over to you, Messrs Parsons and Ankersen.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Most important 5 days of the season on 09:27 - Aug 26 with 1763 viewsButty101

You are in danger of morphing into Saint22!

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Most important 5 days of the season on 09:29 - Aug 26 with 1757 viewsgrumpy

How about playing Onuachu instead of just paying him.
Most important 5 days of the season on 09:33 - Aug 26 with 1744 viewsPatfromPoole

Most important 5 days of the season on 09:27 - Aug 26 by Butty101

You are in danger of morphing into Saint22!

Ha.

Get ready for a "Most important 4 days of the season" thread tomorrow

Most important 5 days of the season on 09:33 - Aug 26 with 1744 viewsMytchettSaint

Couldn’t help but look at Forests team slightly enviously on Saturday. They’ve built a team that can do a job in the premier league. I just wish we had that Philosophy rather than dull no impact possession football that we seem destined to watch this season.

Forza Rossobianco

Most important 5 days of the season on 09:49 - Aug 26 with 1676 viewsButty101

Most important 5 days of the season on 09:33 - Aug 26 by PatfromPoole

Ha.

Make sure you parrot the previous thread word for word. Maybe use capitals for extra impact

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Most important 5 days of the season on 09:50 - Aug 26 with 1676 viewsPatfromPoole

Most important 5 days of the season on 09:29 - Aug 26 by grumpy

How about playing Onuachu instead of just paying him.

That is the view I take with Alcaraz.

But then it seems he is deemed to be too direct and too much of a risk-taker in the opposing team's half of the pitch.

Which means he has to go, and the funds used to invest in players who can play the game half-paced and not afraid to pass the ball back to the halfway line when we are on the attack.

Most important 5 days of the season on 12:26 - Aug 26 with 1322 viewsStAnt

I don't get this Alcaraz is a risk thing - don't we continually give the ball away at the moment or am I imagining that? At least he loses it when generally trying to do something positive. I prefer that to all the pointless propaganda football.
[Post edited 26 Aug 12:29]
Most important 5 days of the season on 15:46 - Aug 26 with 1048 viewssaintpaz

Most important 5 days of the season on 12:26 - Aug 26 by StAnt

I don't get this Alcaraz is a risk thing - don't we continually give the ball away at the moment or am I imagining that? At least he loses it when generally trying to do something positive. I prefer that to all the pointless propaganda football.
[Post edited 26 Aug 12:29]

we seem to play like England, slow and boring, Stephens is like Stones lol
Login to get fewer ads

Most important 5 days of the season on 16:42 - Aug 26 with 970 viewsAvior

Most important 5 days of the season on 09:33 - Aug 26 by MytchettSaint

Couldn’t help but look at Forests team slightly enviously on Saturday. They’ve built a team that can do a job in the premier league. I just wish we had that Philosophy rather than dull no impact possession football that we seem destined to watch this season.

They also broke every financial rule in the book and stayed up with 32 points. If we don't sell 2 of Alcaraz, ABK, Tall Paul and KWP it is highly unlikely we will sign anyone over £10m. Still paying the price for 2 disastrous windows. Meant we had to loan our way out of the Championship and then splurge £40m of the promotion premium on TBH and Downes. Our only hope is that there are quite a few other poor sides who rely on 1 or 2 key players i.e. Wolves, Palace, Everton, Leicester. Injuries will play a big part this season.
Most important 5 days of the season on 18:56 - Aug 26 with 767 viewsPatfromPoole

Most important 5 days of the season on 15:46 - Aug 26 by saintpaz

we seem to play like England, slow and boring, Stephens is like Stones lol

Jack Stephens is absolutely nothing like John Stones, more’s the pity.

Most important 5 days of the season on 19:36 - Aug 26 with 727 viewsMytchettSaint

Most important 5 days of the season on 09:33 - Aug 26 by PatfromPoole

Ha.

I think with each new daily thread counting down the days left of the window, you should sign it off with a “Ross Stewart is just 2 weeks away from fitness” update as well.

Forza Rossobianco

Most important 5 days of the season on 23:21 - Aug 27 with 486 viewsPatfromPoole

Bump.

Weghorst set to sign for Ajax.

Sigh.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024