Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nigel Farage 15:28 - May 28 with 15166 viewsunion_jack

Nigel seems to be voicing the opinions of the silent majority of this country. Yes?

Or no?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Nigel Farage on 23:04 - Jun 11 with 1037 viewsBoundy

Nigel Farage on 19:00 - Jun 11 by Gwyn737

He’s nearly perfected the salute 😉

I find it strange that someone who's never ever made a policy decision whilst in a government post which has affected voters either positively or negatively can attack some much bile.
Pity some are so blind , ignorant or just plain stupid that they're about to elect the same bunch of no hopers ( either colour rossette doesn't matter , we're about to experience the same s***) , politicians with little in mind other than to feather their own nests and further their own ambitions and screw the little man for as long as they can .
What Farage has done to his credit was to expose the corruption within the EU which at the time we were part of , opened the eyes of people to the inequalities and the wealth created to certain individuals within that organisation and the fact that our futures were being decided by unelected faceless bureaucrats.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Nigel Farage on 01:22 - Jun 12 with 1001 viewsRobbie

Nigel Farage on 23:04 - Jun 11 by Boundy

I find it strange that someone who's never ever made a policy decision whilst in a government post which has affected voters either positively or negatively can attack some much bile.
Pity some are so blind , ignorant or just plain stupid that they're about to elect the same bunch of no hopers ( either colour rossette doesn't matter , we're about to experience the same s***) , politicians with little in mind other than to feather their own nests and further their own ambitions and screw the little man for as long as they can .
What Farage has done to his credit was to expose the corruption within the EU which at the time we were part of , opened the eyes of people to the inequalities and the wealth created to certain individuals within that organisation and the fact that our futures were being decided by unelected faceless bureaucrats.

Unless I can hear some real and then kept promises from our potential leaders I will not be voting for either of our current front runners , I will vote on Election Day whatever .

Sunak promising for so long to stop the small boats , we have a plan , working of course .

Drakeford and Gethin , one a dinosaur and another who will not hold his hand up and admit he made an error of judgement accepting a dodgy donation , tears in the Senedd a no .

UKIP /Reform might be my go to X at the ballot box for now , no alternatives either .

Hope my Old Man up there in the Heavens , TGWU member like me once , wore a red rosette on Election Day is not staring daggers at me now .
Nigel Farage on 01:28 - Jun 12 with 992 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Nigel Farage on 01:22 - Jun 12 by Robbie

Unless I can hear some real and then kept promises from our potential leaders I will not be voting for either of our current front runners , I will vote on Election Day whatever .

Sunak promising for so long to stop the small boats , we have a plan , working of course .

Drakeford and Gethin , one a dinosaur and another who will not hold his hand up and admit he made an error of judgement accepting a dodgy donation , tears in the Senedd a no .

UKIP /Reform might be my go to X at the ballot box for now , no alternatives either .

Hope my Old Man up there in the Heavens , TGWU member like me once , wore a red rosette on Election Day is not staring daggers at me now .

Your old man wouldn’t even recognise the Labour Party in its current state. It’s so far away from what it was set up to achieve, the great drivers and genuine intellects of that party will be turning in their graves at what it has become.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Nigel Farage on 01:51 - Jun 12 with 985 viewsRobbie

Nigel Farage on 01:28 - Jun 12 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Your old man wouldn’t even recognise the Labour Party in its current state. It’s so far away from what it was set up to achieve, the great drivers and genuine intellects of that party will be turning in their graves at what it has become.

Threw the towel in with Labour when Blair and his Human Rights lawyer misses opened the door to mass immigration , their view was it was an extra vote at the ballot box tor him .

WMP and Iraq , a total farce and cover up and a person took his own life over the issue .

Once the hype and fanfare of Cherie and him wore off , true colours emerged ,
Nigel Farage on 06:40 - Jun 12 with 931 viewsDr_Winston

Nigel Farage on 01:28 - Jun 12 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

The Labour Party has not represented the genuine working class in a long time.

Johnson won a landslide in 2019 because the genuine working class believed in what he had to say. It was all nonsense of course, Johnson perfected coming across well to voters whilst being completely out of his depth, but it was pretty clear evidence that the Labour Party of Eddie Izzard, David Lammy, Emily Thornberry and others offers nothing to the blue collar these days, despite Starmer's efforts to purge it of the biggest loonies like Corbyn.

I've argued before that the basic instincts of the vast majority of genuine working class people (as opposed to welfare class) are small c conservative. They are generally accepting of skilled immigration but not uncontrolled immigration. They expect those who do migrate to integrate and obey the law. They don't mind being taxed but not too much and they hate seeing it wasted. They have aspirations towards earning more, having a nicer house and a better life for their children. Overall, they prefer the Government not to bother them too much. That stands for people who have historically voted Blue and Red IMO, and both sides have let them down badly on every point for decades.

Every single recent by-election in England at least has seen the needle barely twitch on the Labour vote. Hardly anyone is swapping from Conservative to them. They're just not voting Conservative. Different story in Scotland perhaps where disdain for the SNP has people looking for alternatives.

It'll be interesting to see the cumulative vote totals after the election to see where, if anywhere outside Scotia, Labours vote has increased.
[Post edited 12 Jun 8:06]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Nigel Farage on 07:47 - Jun 12 with 909 viewsWhiterockin

Nigel Farage on 06:40 - Jun 12 by Dr_Winston

The Labour Party has not represented the genuine working class in a long time.

Johnson won a landslide in 2019 because the genuine working class believed in what he had to say. It was all nonsense of course, Johnson perfected coming across well to voters whilst being completely out of his depth, but it was pretty clear evidence that the Labour Party of Eddie Izzard, David Lammy, Emily Thornberry and others offers nothing to the blue collar these days, despite Starmer's efforts to purge it of the biggest loonies like Corbyn.

I've argued before that the basic instincts of the vast majority of genuine working class people (as opposed to welfare class) are small c conservative. They are generally accepting of skilled immigration but not uncontrolled immigration. They expect those who do migrate to integrate and obey the law. They don't mind being taxed but not too much and they hate seeing it wasted. They have aspirations towards earning more, having a nicer house and a better life for their children. Overall, they prefer the Government not to bother them too much. That stands for people who have historically voted Blue and Red IMO, and both sides have let them down badly on every point for decades.

Every single recent by-election in England at least has seen the needle barely twitch on the Labour vote. Hardly anyone is swapping from Conservative to them. They're just not voting Conservative. Different story in Scotland perhaps where disdain for the SNP has people looking for alternatives.

It'll be interesting to see the cumulative vote totals after the election to see where, if anywhere outside Scotia, Labours vote has increased.
[Post edited 12 Jun 8:06]

Without a doubt Labour will win the election by default.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Nigel Farage on 08:03 - Jun 12 with 905 viewsDr_Winston

Nigel Farage on 07:47 - Jun 12 by Whiterockin

It's being handed to them on a plate by perhaps the most inept administration since Callaghan.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Nigel Farage on 08:10 - Jun 12 with 901 viewsGwyn737

It also adds to concerns about our election system as a whole.

We could end up with a party getting 40% of the vote yet holding a massive seat majority.

That doesn't seem very healthy to me.
Login to get fewer ads

Nigel Farage on 08:55 - Jun 12 with 877 viewsYrAlarch

Nigel Farage on 08:10 - Jun 12 by Gwyn737

It also adds to concerns about our election system as a whole.

We could end up with a party getting 40% of the vote yet holding a massive seat majority.

That doesn't seem very healthy to me.

It seems to me that the only way to rectify that scenario is to adopt a system of Proportional Representation.
Nigel Farage on 09:02 - Jun 12 with 860 viewsDr_Winston

The current system at least offers a change.

I see the merits of PR but there are also dangers in a dominant party forming a coalition with nobodies and ruling unrestricted for decades. In a system where voters actually voted on the issues and not tribal grounds then PR would be perfect.

If a Government has gone on too long then FPTP generally ensures a new one. There are merits to that.

Nigel Farage on 10:10 - Jun 12 with 803 viewsJumpingJackFlash

There’s an old saying that is true - oppositions don’t win elections, governments lose them.
Nigel Farage on 11:30 - Jun 12 with 763 viewscontroversial_jack

Nigel Farage on 09:02 - Jun 12 by Dr_Winston

The current system at least offers a change.

I see the merits of PR but there are also dangers in a dominant party forming a coalition with nobodies and ruling unrestricted for decades. In a system where voters actually voted on the issues and not tribal grounds then PR would be perfect.

If a Government has gone on too long then FPTP generally ensures a new one. There are merits to that.

That is what happened in Germany during the 30s, it allowed the NAZIs to get into office
Nigel Farage on 20:13 - Jun 13 with 643 viewsWingstandwood

Reform have overtaken the Tories for the first time in an opinion poll. The predicted "crossover" tipping point has happened!
https://www.thetimes.com/article/cdc8d582-17fc-4757-8f4b-ddcee80fdfdb?shareToken

Argus!

Nigel Farage on 20:15 - Jun 13 with 639 viewsWingstandwood

Argus!

Nigel Farage on 20:44 - Jun 13 with 611 viewswaynekerr55

He's openly saying he wants an insurance based healthcare system. Good luck with that

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Nigel Farage on 20:58 - Jun 13 with 596 viewsDr_Winston

Nigel Farage on 20:44 - Jun 13 by waynekerr55

He's openly saying he wants an insurance based healthcare system. Good luck with that

Like in Germany?

Nigel Farage on 21:50 - Jun 13 with 551 viewsWingstandwood

Interesting this one. Anyone who is NOT a lunatic, who does not belong in some cloud-cuckoo-land parallel universe would realise that insane immigration levels at this rate are catastrophic.

Who does NOT raise his hand?

Yep! Mr Plaid Cymru yokel and resident village idiot whom is obviously NOT concerned in the slightest by a population increase of (at current yearly rate!) 15 - 20 million by the year 2044. Add that to the 10 million before this vote was taken.

And I can only guess the other idiot standing next door to him is another nationalist. Because? Nationalists are as thick as sh1t!

Argus!

Nigel Farage on 21:54 - Jun 13 with 544 viewsDr_Winston

Nigel Farage on 21:50 - Jun 13 by Wingstandwood

Interesting this one. Anyone who is NOT a lunatic, who does not belong in some cloud-cuckoo-land parallel universe would realise that insane immigration levels at this rate are catastrophic.

Yep! Mr Plaid Cymru yokel and resident village idiot whom is obviously NOT concerned in the slightest by a population increase of (at current yearly rate!) 15 - 20 million by the year 2044. Add that to the 10 million before this vote was taken.

And I can only guess the other idiot standing next door to him is another nationalist. Because? Nationalists are as thick as sh1t!

Plaid would welcome ten million migrants as long as they weren't English.

Cottage burning halfwits best ignored.

Nigel Farage on 22:06 - Jun 13 with 534 viewswaynekerr55

Nigel Farage on 20:58 - Jun 13 by Dr_Winston

Like in Germany?

Isn't Germany free at the point of access though? Given his links to the quacks on the right in America do you really believe he'd be moderate in implementing such a system?

*Disclaimer - Iain Dale's why can't we get along book has a cracking chapter on NHS reform. I think most sound people agree there's an urgent need for evolution but we simply don't have enough sensible people in power to do what is right

Nigel Farage on 22:14 - Jun 13 with 520 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Nigel Farage on 21:50 - Jun 13 by Wingstandwood

That Lib Dem woman is all mouth.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Nigel Farage on 22:14 - Jun 13 with 517 viewsDr_Winston

Nigel Farage on 22:06 - Jun 13 by waynekerr55

Isn't Germany free at the point of access though? Given his links to the quacks on the right in America do you really believe he'd be moderate in implementing such a system?

*Disclaimer - Iain Dale's why can't we get along book has a cracking chapter on NHS reform. I think most sound people agree there's an urgent need for evolution but we simply don't have enough sensible people in power to do what is right

You're basing your argument on an assumption, which most people who shudder at the very concept of NHS reform also do.

I have no idea one way or another what sort of system that Farage would implement if he had the power to do so. It is however fairly obvious that an "insurance based system" is not necessarily a bad thing.

Nigel Farage on 22:17 - Jun 13 with 504 viewsWingstandwood

Nigel Farage on 21:54 - Jun 13 by Dr_Winston

Plaid would welcome ten million migrants as long as they weren't English.

Cottage burning halfwits best ignored.

His sort along with YesCymru and other nationalist yokels are a complete and utter embarrassment who lack even the most crudest levels of common sense.

Of course in his fantasy world?... Out would come the 'magic cheque' book, because he is a guy, whom it's only natural to assume (bleeding bloody obvious more like!) has absolutely no comprehension about 'real-world' logistical balance and infrastructure to cope with a relentless 700,000+ a year population increase.

I'm going to Google his background. I guess it'll be the usual case of a degree in a subject that requires very little common sense and mathematical reasoning, along with a previous job completely detached from number crunching, profit and loss margins and management based upon end results and strategic forward planning.

Shocking standards of some modern day politicians! What an absolute joke!

Argus!

Nigel Farage on 07:40 - Jun 14 with 410 viewswaynekerr55

Nigel Farage on 22:14 - Jun 13 by Dr_Winston

You're basing your argument on an assumption, which most people who shudder at the very concept of NHS reform also do.

I have no idea one way or another what sort of system that Farage would implement if he had the power to do so. It is however fairly obvious that an "insurance based system" is not necessarily a bad thing.

A well founded assumption though Doc. Farage is one of those Truss free market ideologues.

For me it's not the reform that worries me, it's the people who would do the reforming. They couldn't procure a weekly shop with value for money for starters!

Nigel Farage on 09:11 - Jun 14 with 372 viewsWhiterockin

So Farage could well be the next leader of the opposition. PMQ will be interesting.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Nigel Farage on 10:00 - Jun 14 with 341 viewsBoundy

Nigel Farage on 20:44 - Jun 13 by waynekerr55

Its openly known that a lot of ordinary people already have that in place , despite of the NHS's existence .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024