Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mount v Ward Prowse 22:44 - Mar 28 with 12620 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

4-1

Any surprises?

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Mount v Ward Prowse on 22:19 - Nov 16 with 2153 viewsButty101

Mount v Ward Prowse on 21:30 - Nov 16 by Messysaints

got 2 assists, so now has the same amount of assists in exactly half the games.. your just proving my point even more......

Foden 2 goals 5 assists, 13 games
Mount 4 goals 5 assists 26 games

Mount is a flat track bully. All his premiership goals this season came against Norwich when the game was done. In the big games he goes missing.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Mount v Ward Prowse on 22:04 - Nov 17 with 2019 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Mount v Ward Prowse on 22:19 - Nov 16 by Butty101

Mount is a flat track bully. All his premiership goals this season came against Norwich when the game was done. In the big games he goes missing.

Last season he scored against Liverpool, Porto and Real Madrid, so has he just turned into flat track bully, or just started scoring?

Mount v Ward Prowse on 22:07 - Nov 17 with 2016 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Mount v Ward Prowse on 18:38 - Nov 16 by cynicalsaint

can someone (anyone?) explain why we've got a skate on a saints forum frothing at the mouth trying to argue the relative merits of a chelsea player vs. a man city player.

i'm obviously missing something but WTAF?

It was Prowse v Mount, but your poster brought Foden into it. Mount and Prose are both from Pompey - obviously, so always interested.

Mount v Ward Prowse on 22:09 - Nov 17 with 2015 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Mount v Ward Prowse on 21:30 - Nov 16 by Messysaints

got 2 assists, so now has the same amount of assists in exactly half the games.. your just proving my point even more......

Foden 2 goals 5 assists, 13 games
Mount 4 goals 5 assists 26 games

Thank god for San Marino. I wonder how many goals and assists Mount would have got if he had been playing.

Mount v Ward Prowse on 22:11 - Nov 17 with 2015 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Mount v Ward Prowse on 18:52 - Nov 16 by TripleNiemi

Pal - don't waste yer breath. I would even question whether the plum is actually a skate or not as when i quizzed him one Saturday afternoon (when the mighty Pompey were home) he was penning böllox on our mong board. As you would expect though he did give some pony excuse.......

Just watching Stockport against Bolton on TV, a ground where I first saw Prosinecki play for my club. What a player, certainly better than anything your club has ever produced.

Mount v Ward Prowse on 22:32 - Nov 17 with 1995 viewsMessysaints

Mount v Ward Prowse on 22:09 - Nov 17 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Thank god for San Marino. I wonder how many goals and assists Mount would have got if he had been playing.

well last time we played them and he played we won 5 - 0 JWP played that game too and scored. Mount got an assist.
Mount v Ward Prowse on 22:54 - Nov 17 with 1974 viewsSalisburySaint

Mount v Ward Prowse on 22:11 - Nov 17 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Just watching Stockport against Bolton on TV, a ground where I first saw Prosinecki play for my club. What a player, certainly better than anything your club has ever produced.

Produced ?

Never realised Prosinecki came through your Acadamy

As far as quality players would argue that Keegan, Channon, Ron Davies, Bale and Le Tissier far better, three of whom did come through our Acadamy
[Post edited 18 Nov 2021 6:47]
Mount v Ward Prowse on 22:56 - Nov 17 with 1971 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Mount v Ward Prowse on 22:54 - Nov 17 by SalisburySaint

Produced ?

Never realised Prosinecki came through your Acadamy

As far as quality players would argue that Keegan, Channon, Ron Davies, Bale and Le Tissier far better, three of whom did come through our Acadamy
[Post edited 18 Nov 2021 6:47]

Where was it that I said we produced him?

Login to get fewer ads

Mount v Ward Prowse on 23:26 - Nov 17 with 1957 viewsdirk_doone

Little Pompey was the 10th club he washed up at when he was literally at the fag end of his career after a lifetime of chainsmoking. They were''t even in the top flght as he was no longer fit enough to play at that level. The next club he washed up at was Olimpija Ljubljana and nobody's heard of them either. Even at his peak he never achieved the accolades that the likes of European Footballer of the Year Kevin Keegan, World Cup winner Alan Ball or Van Dijk or Shearer did. He was simply the most famous player that Little Pompey had. You could try recruiting some other washed up famous player that is no longer good enough to play for a top flight club, like Wayne Rooney, and then you'll have another empty boast for your little lower league club.

It's even more pathetic than if Bournemouth fans tried to boast about the spell George Best had with them but they are really not that desperate as they are not a a little, lower league club.

This really brings home how few famous players Little Pompey have had compared to Southampton and the difference with foreign internationals in the modern era, like van Dijk and Mane, is even greater. You are a little club of nonentities. Nobody at your little club would even be good enough for Saints B team. You even realize that yourself, which is why you've had to resort to boasting about an average Chelsea player.. You really are that desperate:

England internationals

Southampton

David Armstrong
James Beattie
Ryan Bertrand
Wayne Bridge
Arthur Chadwick
Mick Channon
Nathaniel Clyne
Peter Crouch
Bill Ellerington
Tim Flowers
Fraser Forster
C B Fry
Kelly Houlker
Danny Ings
Kevin Keegan
Adam Lallana
Rickie Lambert
Bert Lee
Matt Le Tissier
Alex McCarthy
George Molyneux
Terry Paine
Tom Parker
Alf Ramsey
Bill Rawlings
Nathan Redmond
Jack Robinson
Jay Rodriguez
Luke Shaw
Alan Shearer
Peter Shilton
Fred Titmuss
Arthur Turner
Danny Wallace
James Ward-Prowse
Dave Watson
Steve Williams
Mark Wright

Portsmouth

Jim Allen
Sol Campbell
Peter Crouch
Dan Cunliffe
Jermain Defoe
Jimmy Dickinson
Jack Froggatt
Peter Harris
Mark Hateley
Kelly Houlker
David James
Glen Johnson
Arthur Knight
Len Phillips
Jack Smith
Fred Worrall
[Post edited 18 Nov 2021 8:46]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Mount v Ward Prowse on 06:51 - Nov 18 with 1894 viewsSalisburySaint

Mount v Ward Prowse on 22:56 - Nov 17 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Where was it that I said we produced him?

You said better than anything we produced, which suggesting you did produce him which you didn’t

Even so we’ve had many better players as I listed, several of whom we did actually produce
Mount v Ward Prowse on 17:44 - Nov 18 with 1816 viewsTripleNiemi

Dear god, your response speaks volumes.........

Nothing more to add.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Mount v Ward Prowse on 13:59 - Dec 22 with 1625 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

This season

Mount @ 7
JWP @ 3

Looks like Mount is going to hit double figures this season. Has Prowse ever achieved that?

Mount v Ward Prowse on 14:34 - Dec 22 with 1591 views1teeminants

Mount v Ward Prowse on 13:59 - Dec 22 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

This season

Mount @ 7
JWP @ 3

Looks like Mount is going to hit double figures this season. Has Prowse ever achieved that?

Mount has never played for Pompey, JWP is proud to be at Saints. Why boast about a Chelsea player .Weird.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2021 14:44]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Mount v Ward Prowse on 14:47 - Dec 22 with 1575 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Mount v Ward Prowse on 14:34 - Dec 22 by 1teeminants

Mount has never played for Pompey, JWP is proud to be at Saints. Why boast about a Chelsea player .Weird.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2021 14:44]

No boast, it's just been a debate about how good Mount is.

And he just keeps improving. I am just winning the debate, as usual.

Mount v Ward Prowse on 14:52 - Dec 22 with 1567 viewsPatfromPoole

Mount v Ward Prowse on 14:47 - Dec 22 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

No boast, it's just been a debate about how good Mount is.

And he just keeps improving. I am just winning the debate, as usual.

You are winning the “most boring poster on this site” award by a country distance, sir.

If only I could agree with you.

However the most noteworthy thing Mount did during the Euros was to be forced to isolate.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Mount v Ward Prowse on 15:08 - Dec 22 with 1549 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Mount v Ward Prowse on 14:52 - Dec 22 by PatfromPoole

You are winning the “most boring poster on this site” award by a country distance, sir.

If only I could agree with you.

However the most noteworthy thing Mount did during the Euros was to be forced to isolate.

He is going to be a big player for his country, and is already a big player for his club. I was told he wouldn't get any games when the transfer ban was lifted, I was told JWP would outscore him. I was told he would hardly get any games for England. I disagreed on all counts, and was right.

I must admit, it gets a bit boring when I am right 99.5% of the time.

Lewis Hamilton gets called boring as well.

Mount v Ward Prowse on 15:35 - Dec 22 with 1537 viewsPatfromPoole

Mount v Ward Prowse on 15:08 - Dec 22 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

He is going to be a big player for his country, and is already a big player for his club. I was told he wouldn't get any games when the transfer ban was lifted, I was told JWP would outscore him. I was told he would hardly get any games for England. I disagreed on all counts, and was right.

I must admit, it gets a bit boring when I am right 99.5% of the time.

Lewis Hamilton gets called boring as well.

Mason Mount has absolutely no more connection with Portsmouth FC than Craig David has with Southampton FC.

Your passionate defence of him is laughable, misplaced and embarrassing.

Mount v Ward Prowse on 15:49 - Dec 22 with 1525 viewsChesham_Saint

Mount v Ward Prowse on 23:26 - Nov 17 by dirk_doone

Little Pompey was the 10th club he washed up at when he was literally at the fag end of his career after a lifetime of chainsmoking. They were''t even in the top flght as he was no longer fit enough to play at that level. The next club he washed up at was Olimpija Ljubljana and nobody's heard of them either. Even at his peak he never achieved the accolades that the likes of European Footballer of the Year Kevin Keegan, World Cup winner Alan Ball or Van Dijk or Shearer did. He was simply the most famous player that Little Pompey had. You could try recruiting some other washed up famous player that is no longer good enough to play for a top flight club, like Wayne Rooney, and then you'll have another empty boast for your little lower league club.

It's even more pathetic than if Bournemouth fans tried to boast about the spell George Best had with them but they are really not that desperate as they are not a a little, lower league club.

This really brings home how few famous players Little Pompey have had compared to Southampton and the difference with foreign internationals in the modern era, like van Dijk and Mane, is even greater. You are a little club of nonentities. Nobody at your little club would even be good enough for Saints B team. You even realize that yourself, which is why you've had to resort to boasting about an average Chelsea player.. You really are that desperate:

England internationals

Southampton

David Armstrong
James Beattie
Ryan Bertrand
Wayne Bridge
Arthur Chadwick
Mick Channon
Nathaniel Clyne
Peter Crouch
Bill Ellerington
Tim Flowers
Fraser Forster
C B Fry
Kelly Houlker
Danny Ings
Kevin Keegan
Adam Lallana
Rickie Lambert
Bert Lee
Matt Le Tissier
Alex McCarthy
George Molyneux
Terry Paine
Tom Parker
Alf Ramsey
Bill Rawlings
Nathan Redmond
Jack Robinson
Jay Rodriguez
Luke Shaw
Alan Shearer
Peter Shilton
Fred Titmuss
Arthur Turner
Danny Wallace
James Ward-Prowse
Dave Watson
Steve Williams
Mark Wright

Portsmouth

Jim Allen
Sol Campbell
Peter Crouch
Dan Cunliffe
Jermain Defoe
Jimmy Dickinson
Jack Froggatt
Peter Harris
Mark Hateley
Kelly Houlker
David James
Glen Johnson
Arthur Knight
Len Phillips
Jack Smith
Fred Worrall
[Post edited 18 Nov 2021 8:46]

A well crafted response there Dirk, but you could have cut back the wording and saved time by simply replying with the following five words which usually work when dealing with all matters fishy:

Fvck off you skate cvnt.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Mount v Ward Prowse on 15:58 - Dec 22 with 1519 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Mount v Ward Prowse on 15:35 - Dec 22 by PatfromPoole

Mason Mount has absolutely no more connection with Portsmouth FC than Craig David has with Southampton FC.

Your passionate defence of him is laughable, misplaced and embarrassing.

Apart from the fact that:

1. He was born in a Pompey hospital, supported the team as a boy and still does
2. His father managed Havant Town, a club affiliated to Pompey
3 He played for Pompey academy as a youth

I totally agree with you.

The point being was that I was told that our area didn't produce any good footballers. It clearly does, and clearly more than your area. I know you lot don't like that though.

Mount v Ward Prowse on 16:13 - Dec 22 with 1501 viewsMessysaints

Mount v Ward Prowse on 15:58 - Dec 22 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Apart from the fact that:

1. He was born in a Pompey hospital, supported the team as a boy and still does
2. His father managed Havant Town, a club affiliated to Pompey
3 He played for Pompey academy as a youth

I totally agree with you.

The point being was that I was told that our area didn't produce any good footballers. It clearly does, and clearly more than your area. I know you lot don't like that though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mason_Mount#Youth

" Mount was born in Portsmouth, Hampshire.[8] His father, Tony, was a former non-league footballer who later coached local clubs, namely Havant Town.[9] As a child, Mount played locally for Boarhunt Rovers and United Services Portsmouth.[10] In 2003, at age 4, he spent one day a week training in the academies at Portsmouth and Chelsea.[11] Citing Frank Lampard, Luka Modrić and Andrés Iniesta as his favourite players,[12] Mount eventually joined Chelsea in 2005" how many pompy apps? ?
[Post edited 22 Dec 2021 16:30]
Mount v Ward Prowse on 18:38 - Dec 22 with 1424 viewsPatfromPoole

Mount v Ward Prowse on 16:13 - Dec 22 by Messysaints

" Mount was born in Portsmouth, Hampshire.[8] His father, Tony, was a former non-league footballer who later coached local clubs, namely Havant Town.[9] As a child, Mount played locally for Boarhunt Rovers and United Services Portsmouth.[10] In 2003, at age 4, he spent one day a week training in the academies at Portsmouth and Chelsea.[11] Citing Frank Lampard, Luka Modrić and Andrés Iniesta as his favourite players,[12] Mount eventually joined Chelsea in 2005" how many pompy apps? ?

Surely his favourite players would be Dejan Stefanovic, Steve Stone and Arjan de Zeuuw, no?

Mount v Ward Prowse on 00:55 - Dec 23 with 1329 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Mount v Ward Prowse on 16:13 - Dec 22 by Messysaints

OK then

"Affiliated clubs

Portsmouth have had a long-standing relationship with Havant & Waterlooville, with regular pre-season friendlies organised between the two clubs. Portsmouth have also previously used West Leigh Park, Havant & Waterlooville's home stadium, for reserve team matches. Previous links with Belgian side Zulte Waregem[178] and Irish academy Home Farm[179] have been cancelled".

From wiki

Mount v Ward Prowse on 09:17 - Dec 23 with 1274 viewsButty101

Mount v Ward Prowse on 00:55 - Dec 23 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

OK then

"Affiliated clubs

Portsmouth have had a long-standing relationship with Havant & Waterlooville, with regular pre-season friendlies organised between the two clubs. Portsmouth have also previously used West Leigh Park, Havant & Waterlooville's home stadium, for reserve team matches. Previous links with Belgian side Zulte Waregem[178] and Irish academy Home Farm[179] have been cancelled".

From wiki

That is by and far your most desperate reply yet.

Mount also has a saints connection.... does that mean we can also claim him?

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Mount v Ward Prowse on 09:22 - Dec 23 with 1262 viewsPatfromPoole

Mount v Ward Prowse on 00:55 - Dec 23 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

OK then

"Affiliated clubs

From wiki

“From wiki”

Mount v Ward Prowse on 15:10 - Dec 24 with 1176 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Mount v Ward Prowse on 22:19 - Nov 16 by Butty101

OK then,

This is one of your own classic comments on the subject. One of many.

You can just admit you're wrong

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024