Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FORCED RELOCATION 16:19 - Jun 8 with 34401 viewspatchboy

Emails have been sent out in this afternoon TELLING all season ticket holders in the family (South) stand without an under 16 in their group MUST be RELOCATED elsewhere by the 11th June. After this date they will get in touch with you to move you. They are not allowing anybody to be relocated to the WEST at all. In our circumstances, we are family made up of sister,nephew etc and so wanted 6 seats together. This option was not available and we have to settle for a 3 in one row, 2 in another row and a single on their own.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2016 16:22]
FORCED RELOCATION on 10:23 - Jun 9 with 2375 viewsGowerjack

FORCED RELOCATION on 10:19 - Jun 9 by Phil_S

Just an update - we have asked for this to be looked at - forced moving of people is not the way to go about these things

Offering people the chance to move is logical (for example I was offered the chance to move the South as it would be cheaper for my U-16 ticket) but nobody should (IMO) be forced to move

Well said Phil although I'd question why the trust wasn't already aware of this initative.

Surely the club would have had input into the decision or is it purely a Stadco decision?

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

FORCED RELOCATION on 10:42 - Jun 9 with 2341 viewsUxbridge

FORCED RELOCATION on 10:23 - Jun 9 by Gowerjack

Well said Phil although I'd question why the trust wasn't already aware of this initative.

Surely the club would have had input into the decision or is it purely a Stadco decision?

You wouldn't be alone in questioning that. And it was a club decision, not Stadco.

We've been assured an updated communication will be published later today.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

FORCED RELOCATION on 10:48 - Jun 9 with 2319 viewsmax936

FORCED RELOCATION on 10:19 - Jun 9 by Phil_S

Just an update - we have asked for this to be looked at - forced moving of people is not the way to go about these things

Offering people the chance to move is logical (for example I was offered the chance to move the South as it would be cheaper for my U-16 ticket) but nobody should (IMO) be forced to move

Bugger l just got it sorted, but you are spot on, the renewals on those seats have been paid for so it's not right that they should tell you to shift at such short notice, had phone call from them somorning after emailing them last night and they said that it's been in the plans for the last 12 to 18 months apparently, but they haven't kept us upto date in my opinion, she didn't agree that it's been suddenly thrust upon us
[Post edited 9 Jun 2016 10:49]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

FORCED RELOCATION on 10:53 - Jun 9 with 2297 viewsJackfath

FORCED RELOCATION on 09:47 - Jun 9 by max936

Does an U16 go with you JF? If not you should have had one check your Spam folder just in case my friend.

Nothing there either. Seems they've targeted the noisy fans from the south to create a better atmosphere in the east.

Will you be hanging around the gents in the east now instead of the south?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

FORCED RELOCATION on 10:56 - Jun 9 with 2292 viewsmax936

FORCED RELOCATION on 10:53 - Jun 9 by Jackfath

Nothing there either. Seems they've targeted the noisy fans from the south to create a better atmosphere in the east.

Will you be hanging around the gents in the east now instead of the south?

Wicked you are JF aye, l'll be putting you over my knee next time we meet.

FORCED RELOCATION on 11:03 - Jun 9 with 2273 viewswaunwenjack

Bit late for trust to get involved you should have been involved from start but the way things are happening with the club at moment no surprise there ,but what about people who have already been forced to relocate will they now have option to change back to south and sit with their families because some people have been moved and split up because not enough seats in other areas to sit together
FORCED RELOCATION on 11:05 - Jun 9 with 2268 viewsSwaneeRiver

FORCED RELOCATION on 10:56 - Jun 9 by max936

Wicked you are JF aye, l'll be putting you over my knee next time we meet.

I'll swap to two seats in the East Upper as long as I can pay the discounted price for the next season's as well , as my lad would qualify for the South Stand child rate when I renew in December.
With what he hears in school and sees on TV, etc, don't think the language used by many will be too much of a shock in the East
FORCED RELOCATION on 11:10 - Jun 9 with 2250 viewsSwaneeRiver

FORCED RELOCATION on 23:00 - Jun 8 by sherpajacob

Seems a bit of common sense is required.

I sit in the south with my young son.

If / when we are all adults I would much prefer to move to the east..

Can't personally understand why someone without children would prefer the south, but it takes all sorts.

It shouldn't involve existing groups being split up though.

I agree that I can't understand why those with no kids want to sit in a stand with a lesser view than the East.
However, I also know some who are waiting for their little ones to be old enough to join them in the South.
So each case has to be taken on it's merit.
Personally once I have to pay full price for my lad, we'll move (if possible) to the East (or West if any available)
Login to get fewer ads

FORCED RELOCATION on 11:15 - Jun 9 with 2234 viewsPhil_S

FORCED RELOCATION on 10:42 - Jun 9 by Uxbridge

You wouldn't be alone in questioning that. And it was a club decision, not Stadco.

We've been assured an updated communication will be published later today.

Just echoing this, nothing really to add

Anyone know where I can buy a photocopier?
FORCED RELOCATION on 11:19 - Jun 9 with 2226 viewsHighjack

Out of interest did everyone who is posting on this thread who is being forced to move get the chance to vote in this survey that resulted in 41% "overwhelmingly" voting for a family stand?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

FORCED RELOCATION on 11:22 - Jun 9 with 2215 viewstomdickharry

Believe a few seasons ago some Newcastle fans took legal action against the club for forceably relocating them,the fans lost the action.
FORCED RELOCATION on 11:24 - Jun 9 with 2207 viewsPhil_S

FORCED RELOCATION on 11:19 - Jun 9 by Highjack

Out of interest did everyone who is posting on this thread who is being forced to move get the chance to vote in this survey that resulted in 41% "overwhelmingly" voting for a family stand?

Simple facts are we should have a family stand. There should be somewhere that the younger generation can go and work has been done to allow family (and kid) based activities behind the south stand in recent years (I think there are things like Xboxes there and challenges they can do before games)

However, we have a 21000 seater stadium and demand for more tickets. People took seats in the South Stand when they opened and their kids have grown but as the club have risen through the divisions the number of STs available have reduced so they cant get seats elsewhere (a good friend of mine from Weston is in this very position)

Stadium expansion would solve this issue however we cannot force people to move seats (and I am led to believe that we are not forcing people to move although it is clear that it is the wording that has been used) although it is a good thing that we are offering people the chance (despite the bad wording)
FORCED RELOCATION on 11:29 - Jun 9 with 2196 viewsHighjack

Can we have Playstations in the East Phil? I still haven't completed Crash Bandicoot.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

FORCED RELOCATION on 12:17 - Jun 9 with 2117 viewsDarran

FORCED RELOCATION on 11:24 - Jun 9 by Phil_S

Simple facts are we should have a family stand. There should be somewhere that the younger generation can go and work has been done to allow family (and kid) based activities behind the south stand in recent years (I think there are things like Xboxes there and challenges they can do before games)

However, we have a 21000 seater stadium and demand for more tickets. People took seats in the South Stand when they opened and their kids have grown but as the club have risen through the divisions the number of STs available have reduced so they cant get seats elsewhere (a good friend of mine from Weston is in this very position)

Stadium expansion would solve this issue however we cannot force people to move seats (and I am led to believe that we are not forcing people to move although it is clear that it is the wording that has been used) although it is a good thing that we are offering people the chance (despite the bad wording)

I'm told nobody is being forced to move and everyone was given the option of moving in the letters they received about season ticket renewal months ago.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

FORCED RELOCATION on 12:27 - Jun 9 with 2094 viewsNeathJack

FORCED RELOCATION on 12:17 - Jun 9 by Darran

I'm told nobody is being forced to move and everyone was given the option of moving in the letters they received about season ticket renewal months ago.

' Because of the changes we are making to improve the family friendliness of the South, we are sorry to inform you that you will have to relocate to another stand for the 2016/17 season and onwards. '

That doesn't sound voluntary to me!!
FORCED RELOCATION on 12:32 - Jun 9 with 2081 viewsDarran

FORCED RELOCATION on 12:27 - Jun 9 by NeathJack

' Because of the changes we are making to improve the family friendliness of the South, we are sorry to inform you that you will have to relocate to another stand for the 2016/17 season and onwards. '

No it doesn't. Mmmm

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

FORCED RELOCATION on 12:42 - Jun 9 with 2051 viewsJackfath

I still haven't had an email.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

FORCED RELOCATION on 12:52 - Jun 9 with 2030 viewsoldgrey

I went down there as i hadn't had an email.
Just as well. They said emails for seniors were going out "later" (which struck me as odd given the timescale and deadline).
Anyway to cut a long story short my new ticket is right on the halfway line, upper tier. Royal box, great success. So anyone else can F*ck off.
FORCED RELOCATION on 12:58 - Jun 9 with 2003 viewsJackfath

FORCED RELOCATION on 12:52 - Jun 9 by oldgrey

Just as well. They said emails for seniors were going out "later" (which struck me as odd given the timescale and deadline).
Anyway to cut a long story short my new ticket is right on the halfway line, upper tier. Royal box, great success. So anyone else can F*ck off.

I'm not a senior and I'm buggered if I'm chasing them over this.

FORCED RELOCATION on 13:00 - Jun 9 with 1999 viewsmonmouth

I sat there once, when I swapped as a favour. The people in that area smell extremely bad and are very obnoxious. I bet you found it easy to get that seat?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

FORCED RELOCATION on 13:01 - Jun 9 with 2013 viewsmax936

Royal box you say my word, spoilt you are mush, l'm happy as to where lve moved, l think.

FORCED RELOCATION on 13:03 - Jun 9 with 2007 viewsmax936

FORCED RELOCATION on 13:00 - Jun 9 by monmouth

I sat there once, when I swapped as a favour. The people in that area smell extremely bad and are very obnoxious. I bet you found it easy to get that seat?

That's just plain nasty Monny

FORCED RELOCATION on 13:03 - Jun 9 with 2005 viewsmonmouth

FORCED RELOCATION on 12:58 - Jun 9 by Jackfath

I'm not a senior and I'm buggered if I'm chasing them over this.

Snap

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

FORCED RELOCATION on 13:04 - Jun 9 with 1999 viewsJackfath

FORCED RELOCATION on 13:03 - Jun 9 by monmouth

Snap

I'll come and sit next to you when there's loads of free seats next season.

FORCED RELOCATION on 13:25 - Jun 9 with 1955 viewsPhil_S

FORCED RELOCATION on 12:27 - Jun 9 by NeathJack

And that is the exact point made back this morning

I have been told it is not compulsory but made the point that the email reads very much the opposite
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024