Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
stupid accidents. 16:40 - Dec 2 with 9712 viewsconnell10

....I walked into the bathroom door last night whilst brushing my teeth with my electric toothbrush , to say it hurt would be understatement!!!!!!! Has anyone else some tales to tell of silly ways of hurting yourself , it might make me feel a tad better!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

stupid accidents. on 19:22 - Dec 3 with 1376 viewsFloridaR

Some great stories guys, I had a bit of stupid traumatic event.

Was round for Christmas dinner at my Mums and Mum was moaning asked for me to put a couple screws back into a curtain rod in sitting room that my step father hadn't done for months !
So I got a screwdriver pulled up a kitchen chair and started to put in screws back into curtain rod holder and the flipping seat of the chair fell through to the floor causing me to lose balance !
I fell backward over the arm of sitting room chair and my head and back hit floor with legs in air, the chair slid down my legs and back of chair smacked me on bridge of nose !!
Walked back in kitchen dazed with a cut over bridge of nose blood spent Christmas dinner dabbing the blood of my face with drunk sisters sniggering at my misfortune...
[Post edited 3 Dec 2015 19:23]

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink: Happy I'm the 'chosen one'

stupid accidents. on 22:39 - Dec 3 with 1314 viewsnorthampton_hoop

stupid accidents. on 19:22 - Dec 3 by FloridaR

Some great stories guys, I had a bit of stupid traumatic event.

Was round for Christmas dinner at my Mums and Mum was moaning asked for me to put a couple screws back into a curtain rod in sitting room that my step father hadn't done for months !
So I got a screwdriver pulled up a kitchen chair and started to put in screws back into curtain rod holder and the flipping seat of the chair fell through to the floor causing me to lose balance !
I fell backward over the arm of sitting room chair and my head and back hit floor with legs in air, the chair slid down my legs and back of chair smacked me on bridge of nose !!
Walked back in kitchen dazed with a cut over bridge of nose blood spent Christmas dinner dabbing the blood of my face with drunk sisters sniggering at my misfortune...
[Post edited 3 Dec 2015 19:23]

Many moons ago when I was about 10 and still living in nw10 my parents had got divorced and my dad used to pick me and my brother up on a Saturday and take us out for the day, without fail I would end up in a and e that Saturday evening, so much so that my mum would answer the phone with "what's he done now?" 3 of my best were-
1) fishing on the canal at perevale I got bored so decided a plank of wood next to me deserved to be thrown into the canal, I picked it up, chucked it as hard as I could and waited for the impending splash, waited, still nothing. Apon looking down I saw said plank attached to my hand via a nail. At hospital it became aparant that it had gone through my hand head first (not the pointy end) lots of pain later plank removed.
2) ice skating in Richmond, outside decided to leap a bench, again protruding nail straight through ankle, a and e stitches.
3) walking down the road in west hampsted not looking were I was going and walked into a shop sign busting my nose, blood everywhere but lady in shop gave me an ice Lolli so no so bad!
stupid accidents. on 23:18 - Dec 3 with 1293 viewsNeil_SI

Not sure I can class this an accident, it was more brainless self-inflicted stupidity.

When I was a kid, back when parents left you home alone (no questions asked), my brother had a pull up bar in the hallway of our flat. Too high for me to get up to really without jumping or climbing up the wall.

Anyway he used to have these proper handcuffs (don't ask) and one day I put one of the cuffs on one arm and was wandering around the flat when I decided impulsively that it would be a good idea to jump up and hook the free cuff around the bar.

It locked, and I didn't have the key on me, so I dangled from this bloody bar with the cuff ripping the skin off my arm and wrist and really screwing up my shoulder. As soon as I felt the pain and panicked, I had one of those instant "what was I thinking?" moments and squealed like a pig.

But to improvise, I had to brace myself against the wall, using my feet on either side to take the weight off my arms and I stayed like that for about two hours until my parents came home and were able to rescue me. The look on my Dad's face.
stupid accidents. on 23:45 - Dec 3 with 1265 viewsBrianMcCarthy

stupid accidents. on 23:18 - Dec 3 by Neil_SI

Not sure I can class this an accident, it was more brainless self-inflicted stupidity.

When I was a kid, back when parents left you home alone (no questions asked), my brother had a pull up bar in the hallway of our flat. Too high for me to get up to really without jumping or climbing up the wall.

Anyway he used to have these proper handcuffs (don't ask) and one day I put one of the cuffs on one arm and was wandering around the flat when I decided impulsively that it would be a good idea to jump up and hook the free cuff around the bar.

It locked, and I didn't have the key on me, so I dangled from this bloody bar with the cuff ripping the skin off my arm and wrist and really screwing up my shoulder. As soon as I felt the pain and panicked, I had one of those instant "what was I thinking?" moments and squealed like a pig.

But to improvise, I had to brace myself against the wall, using my feet on either side to take the weight off my arms and I stayed like that for about two hours until my parents came home and were able to rescue me. The look on my Dad's face.

Winner.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

stupid accidents. on 00:47 - Dec 4 with 1240 viewsPunteR

Yep. Winner by a country mile.
By the sounds of it it was your brothers fault.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

stupid accidents. on 01:27 - Dec 4 with 1219 viewsPommyhoop

My mate still gets reminded of a ''stupid accident''' that he had as a kid nearly 40 years ago.
There was a few of us on the estate messing about with a can of liquid lighter fluid.
No not sniffing it, we were just squirting it around , making shapes and stuff with the 'flaming jet'' . QPR looks quite good on a garage door in fiery letters in the dark in the underground garages.
Anyway we sussed that if you put a little bit in your cupped hands and lit it you could flick it and the fireball would go out pretty quickly. It made you look like some sort of wizard or fire eater .
''Shazam'' was the buzz word as each of us had our go . It came to my mate's go. we lit his hands .
'Shazam '' he went .''Shazam'' , ''Shazam'', 'Ahh , ahh ahhh arrrghhhh'' as he ran down the garages wildly flapping his flaming hands around. He had a pair of 'stepto'' fingerless gloves on and had soaked the wool in the lighter fluid.A puddle at the end of the garages was his saviour because we were no help because we were on the floor laughing.
Not quite a hospital job but some pretty tasty burns. I went round later to call for him and he was sitting at the table with his hands in a bowl of water looking sorry for himself.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

stupid accidents. on 08:05 - Dec 4 with 1154 viewsLancashirehoop

Whilst reading my 'Park Drive Book of Football' in 1968, I turned to the colour section and accidentally saw a picture of Bobby Keetch resplendently hooped tussling for the orange ball on a snow laden Loftus Road pitch.
I instantly decided that this was the team I had to support for the rest of my life.
Needlessly to say it has left me with some scarring and whilst I have learnt to live with the condition, I still get sporadic panic attacks and bouts of anxiety.

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean we're not all against you.

stupid accidents. on 08:47 - Dec 4 with 1141 viewsWokingR

What a missed opportunity!
If I'd been your dad I would have got my camera first
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024