Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ronnie Rees : A biographical account of the Swans & Sky Blues hero 17:05 - Sep 18 with 752 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62993/

Click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Ronnie Rees : A biographical account of the Swans & Sky Blues hero on 18:39 - Sep 18 with 674 viewsKeithHaynes

Remember ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Ronnie Rees : A biographical account of the Swans & Sky Blues hero on 19:14 - Sep 18 with 641 viewsbuilthjack

I remember him well, a very good player for the Swans. I watched from the double decker in those days.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Ronnie Rees : A biographical account of the Swans & Sky Blues hero on 19:28 - Sep 18 with 618 viewstheloneranger

Ronnie Rees : A biographical account of the Swans & Sky Blues hero on 18:39 - Sep 18 by KeithHaynes

Remember ?

Ronnie was one of life's jokers, and was one of the most genuine and generous men I had the pleasure of being in his company.

Life was so cruel to Ronnie. 😥

RIP YJB

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Ronnie Rees : A biographical account of the Swans & Sky Blues hero on 19:58 - Sep 18 with 585 viewsraynor94

Ronnie Rees : A biographical account of the Swans & Sky Blues hero on 19:28 - Sep 18 by theloneranger

Ronnie was one of life's jokers, and was one of the most genuine and generous men I had the pleasure of being in his company.

Life was so cruel to Ronnie. 😥

RIP YJB

My Father in Law had a stroke at about the same time as Ronnie and were in Clydach hospital together for quite a while

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Ronnie Rees : A biographical account of the Swans & Sky Blues hero on 21:03 - Sep 18 with 523 viewsFireboy2

I played for Murton with his son, he was very nice to us and I looked upto to him being an ex swan.
Ronnie Rees : A biographical account of the Swans & Sky Blues hero on 23:33 - Sep 18 with 449 viewsswan65split

saw his debut, watched from underneath the DD, I think it was against Rotherham.
Ronnie Rees : A biographical account of the Swans & Sky Blues hero on 00:03 - Sep 19 with 448 viewstheloneranger

Ronnie Rees : A biographical account of the Swans & Sky Blues hero on 23:33 - Sep 18 by swan65split

saw his debut, watched from underneath the DD, I think it was against Rotherham.

That's the game when they kicked him all over the pitch, and he was stretchered off ??

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Ronnie Rees : A biographical account of the Swans & Sky Blues hero on 15:28 - Sep 19 with 344 viewsglanmORJa_k

Ronnie was released by the Swans at the end of the 1974/75 season, signing for Welsh League side Haverfordwest, and working in the Ford factory in Swansea, then transferring to their new factory at Bridgend, taking over in season 1977/78 as player manager of Haverfordwest. He finished his playing career with Swansea Senior League side Bishopston, where his sons first entered senior football, and in later years ill health saw him forced to take early retirement through illness.
(December 2007, Leeds programme)Ill health saw him being looked after at Hengoed Court Care Home. Swansea and during the Swans Premier League days Ronnie could often be seen in the West Stand with his carer from Hengoed Court.
Ronnie passed away on the 29th October 2023.
Login to get fewer ads

Ronnie Rees : A biographical account of the Swans & Sky Blues hero on 19:21 - Sep 19 with 310 viewsKeithHaynes

Ronnie Rees : A biographical account of the Swans & Sky Blues hero on 15:28 - Sep 19 by glanmORJa_k

Ronnie was released by the Swans at the end of the 1974/75 season, signing for Welsh League side Haverfordwest, and working in the Ford factory in Swansea, then transferring to their new factory at Bridgend, taking over in season 1977/78 as player manager of Haverfordwest. He finished his playing career with Swansea Senior League side Bishopston, where his sons first entered senior football, and in later years ill health saw him forced to take early retirement through illness.
(December 2007, Leeds programme)Ill health saw him being looked after at Hengoed Court Care Home. Swansea and during the Swans Premier League days Ronnie could often be seen in the West Stand with his carer from Hengoed Court.
Ronnie passed away on the 29th October 2023.

Extra info 👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Ronnie Rees : A biographical account of the Swans & Sky Blues hero on 11:14 - Sep 20 with 238 viewspete

Ronnie Rees : A biographical account of the Swans & Sky Blues hero on 18:39 - Sep 18 by KeithHaynes

Remember ?

Remember him driving a lorry for either the council or a contractor and was delivering stuff near the halfway pub in LLansamlet and he came back to our then home for a cuppa great guy
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024