Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jerry Yates - Derby ... 13:44 - Sep 1 with 5934 viewstheloneranger

"Despite a lack of goals from Jerry Yates on the day, his spectacular passing and movement wowed the home supporters, and was a key reason behind the dominant victory."

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/derby-county-jerry-yates-performancehelping-ea

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 14:03 - Sep 1 with 3469 viewsonehunglow

If he does well there,then serious questions need to be asked of our coaching
We have let go two on loan but yesterday ended up with no striker at all .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 14:08 - Sep 1 with 3490 viewssons_of_omri

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 14:03 - Sep 1 by onehunglow

If he does well there,then serious questions need to be asked of our coaching
We have let go two on loan but yesterday ended up with no striker at all .

It’s quite obvious that our last three managers had no idea how to coach players individually and improve them. Or even devise a system that they could thrive in, instead moaning about how poorly funded they were , getting money then wasting it and wanting more. Managers like Burrows knew how to get the best of what little they had available.
Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 14:25 - Sep 1 with 3411 viewsonehunglow

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 14:08 - Sep 1 by sons_of_omri

It’s quite obvious that our last three managers had no idea how to coach players individually and improve them. Or even devise a system that they could thrive in, instead moaning about how poorly funded they were , getting money then wasting it and wanting more. Managers like Burrows knew how to get the best of what little they had available.

True
However ,in fairness Yates lacked courage .
As to why,well,that’s. Moot point
He’s clearly happier away from us
Our new players look disorientated and confused .
I can see why
We all should

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 15:00 - Sep 1 with 3378 viewsFireboy2

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 14:08 - Sep 1 by sons_of_omri

The problem with managers is they know in most instances if they getcthe sack they will get a payout, perhaps they might try harder if they got eff all after getting sacked like the most of people who live in the real world.

I am starting to lose patience with williams, he dumbfounded me yesterday by his substitutions, we have 2 of the most experienced players in championship and he doesn't bring them on, utter baffling 🤷
Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 15:02 - Sep 1 with 3376 viewsswancity

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 14:25 - Sep 1 by onehunglow

True
However ,in fairness Yates lacked courage .
As to why,well,that’s. Moot point
He’s clearly happier away from us
Our new players look disorientated and confused .
I can see why
We all should

I’d stop taking those drugs if I were you, whether prescribed or not.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 15:13 - Sep 1 with 3323 viewsonehunglow

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 15:02 - Sep 1 by swancity

So dear friend
Yates had courage as a footballer to get himself into scoring positions
Players not disorientated or confused by our coach and his “ system”
You seem to disagree.
From your piece of poison ,you seem to be alluding that Yates was somehow effective for us and that the new players look fit, organised and fairly chomping on the bit .
Now you seem to disagree

You’re on the wrong site ,son.

Blessed be

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 15:18 - Sep 1 with 3302 viewsonehunglow

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 15:00 - Sep 1 by Fireboy2

The problem with managers is they know in most instances if they getcthe sack they will get a payout, perhaps they might try harder if they got eff all after getting sacked like the most of people who live in the real world.

I am starting to lose patience with williams, he dumbfounded me yesterday by his substitutions, we have 2 of the most experienced players in championship and he doesn't bring them on, utter baffling 🤷

It must have been awful to be there. No pleasure at all.
I believe this coach to be possibly one of our worst ever,given the current climate .
He could cause enormous damage to the club.
I’m told we can’t afford to sack him . If that’s the case and we go down,it’s a double whammy . It’s a question of how much damage and when he leaves .

I think Eom can play 100% better than what we are seeing ,for a start. VIP looks dazed . He won’t have played in a team and a coach like ours before .

We loaned out two strikers

Yesterday ,we ended up with none . It was the day after the transfer window

Now, that alone should wake people up.

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 15:49 - Sep 1 with 3287 viewsunion_jack

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 15:18 - Sep 1 by onehunglow

It must have been awful to be there. No pleasure at all.
I believe this coach to be possibly one of our worst ever,given the current climate .
He could cause enormous damage to the club.
I’m told we can’t afford to sack him . If that’s the case and we go down,it’s a double whammy . It’s a question of how much damage and when he leaves .

I think Eom can play 100% better than what we are seeing ,for a start. VIP looks dazed . He won’t have played in a team and a coach like ours before .

We loaned out two strikers

Yesterday ,we ended up with none . It was the day after the transfer window

Now, that alone should wake people up.

I’m prepared to give him the extra 6 or so games he’s asked for before passing full judgment. If by then some relationships in the pitch have been formed and we play positively for most of the game then I’ll be happier.

I’ve got to say, at the moment I’m not overly confident but let’s wait and see. Changing him now, even if it was a possibility woukd unlikely see us in a better position given the types of manager we seem to pick.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Login to get fewer ads

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 16:03 - Sep 1 with 3271 viewshobo

Good stuff, well done Jerry
Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 16:04 - Sep 1 with 3256 viewsDr_Winston

Let's just hope that this doesn't turn out to be another Whittaker situation.

I'll just say what I said before. For all the bile spat in JY's direction, he still ended up our joint top scorer with more goals in fewer minutes on the pitch than Cullen.

Maybe if Williams had shown any interest in trying to get the best out of him (or Big Myk for that matter) we wouldn't be so short upfront now.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 16:08 - Sep 1 with 3220 viewsonehunglow

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 16:04 - Sep 1 by Dr_Winston

I'll just say what I said before. For all the bile spat in JY's direction, he still ended up our joint top scorer with more goals in fewer minutes on the pitch than Cullen.

Maybe if Williams had shown any interest in trying to get the best out of him (or Big Myk for that matter) we wouldn't be so short upfront now.

VIP could be less effective that the Uke
I read its becasue the Uke had bad attitude.
He might have questioned the co@ch and had a strop.
I’d feel the same myself frankly.
No player should leave without a replacement lined up and ready . Ever .

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 16:30 - Sep 1 with 3197 viewsSullutaCreturned

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 15:02 - Sep 1 by swancity

I have to ask you, where is he wrong. I was at WBA yesterday and for the firt half we looked every bit the muddled, disoriented team he called us.

And Yates, I don't know for sure but he got a good report which suggests he's happier.

Maybe those on drugs are the ones who are happy with high possession stats and pointless passing that gets nowhere?
Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 16:39 - Sep 1 with 3136 viewsonehunglow

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 16:30 - Sep 1 by SullutaCreturned

I have to ask you, where is he wrong. I was at WBA yesterday and for the firt half we looked every bit the muddled, disoriented team he called us.

And Yates, I don't know for sure but he got a good report which suggests he's happier.

Maybe those on drugs are the ones who are happy with high possession stats and pointless passing that gets nowhere?

It’s a poor show when people are ridiculed because they take medication
If this poster ,a notorious one at that, thought just for a millisecond ,he would realise many need drugs to stay alive and to prevent recurrence .
My missus,one who used to support us, after having a heart attack 6 weeks today and a cancer survivor is on a shop full of drugs to keep her here .
It’s fair to say ,I saw my arse and had it not been for Keith’s reason for taking on this site being a priority for me , I’d be giving him hell.
Times like these one wishes face to face chats in a quiet place ,sober and alert.

The whole team look like strangers to each other

This is not down to our owners

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 21:43 - Sep 1 with 2819 viewsLuther27

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 16:04 - Sep 1 by Dr_Winston

We appear to have form the last couple of years in pissing off strikers we have purchased on a strict budget. Either we have failed on due diligence or there is a genuine issue with the administration.

Blog: Grenfell Tower

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 23:02 - Sep 1 with 2690 viewsRichardO

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 21:43 - Sep 1 by Luther27

We appear to have form the last couple of years in pissing off strikers we have purchased on a strict budget. Either we have failed on due diligence or there is a genuine issue with the administration.

Found it quite interesting in the article about Dembele at odds with Mowbray about what was being asked of him, Dembele wants to conserve energy for what he thought was beneficial to him and the attacking part of Birmingham's game and Mowbray wanted him to do the tracking back bit, so called him out for his workrate.
We have too many players being asked to modify
their game to the detriment of the player hinself and the team as a whole while being asked to play a role they are not suited to. Cooper as centre forward ! Really? Haven't had a chance to see the WBA game but you really have to get the defensive shape of the team right, If that is sorted the likes of Eom and Ronald have enough in their games to cause teams problems, we could even make our centre forward look good.

Edit because the last reference to the centre forward didn't make sense.
[Post edited 2 Sep 7:40]
Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 06:07 - Sep 2 with 2500 viewsWhiterockin

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 23:02 - Sep 1 by RichardO

Found it quite interesting in the article about Dembele at odds with Mowbray about what was being asked of him, Dembele wants to conserve energy for what he thought was beneficial to him and the attacking part of Birmingham's game and Mowbray wanted him to do the tracking back bit, so called him out for his workrate.
their game to the detriment of the player hinself and the team as a whole while being asked to play a role they are not suited to. Cooper as centre forward ! Really? Haven't had a chance to see the WBA game but you really have to get the defensive shape of the team right, If that is sorted the likes of Eom and Ronald have enough in their games to cause teams problems, we could even make our centre forward look good.

You need to watch the game, Ahearne-Grant was a different class on and off the ball, particularly in the first half.
Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 07:02 - Sep 2 with 2462 viewsDr_Winston

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 23:02 - Sep 1 by RichardO

The game has progressed into an era of systems rather than squads. We have managers wanting to play the game in a certain way and trying to change players styles to suit it rather than changing styles to suit players.

As a club we've certainly had our fair share recently of coaches who only want to play a certain way even if they don't have the players available that fit it, and it is, at least to me, understandable why players might be a bit narked about it, especially when results and performances aren't forthcoming anyway.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 08:28 - Sep 2 with 2379 viewsonehunglow

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 07:02 - Sep 2 by Dr_Winston

The game has progressed into an era of systems rather than squads. We have managers wanting to play the game in a certain way and trying to change players styles to suit it rather than changing styles to suit players.

As a club we've certainly had our fair share recently of coaches who only want to play a certain way even if they don't have the players available that fit it, and it is, at least to me, understandable why players might be a bit narked about it, especially when results and performances aren't forthcoming anyway.

And that is a very good post

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 08:37 - Sep 2 with 2375 viewsRichardO

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 06:07 - Sep 2 by Whiterockin

You need to watch the game, Ahearne-Grant was a different class on and off the ball, particularly in the first half.

Yes I appreciate I needed to watch the game before commenting which is why I haven't posted much this weekend in relation to the game.
As for players looking a class above there is something wrong within the team that means opposition players attributes are not being countered while ours are not being utilised to their full potential.
As has been said before one size doesn't fit all, as teams use formations and styles to put us under pressure we have to use formations that relieve that pressure whatever part of the game we are in. Teams conceded goals just before the half time mark because plans are put in place to change things, up the pressure on team as they lose concentration looking for the half time whistle. Our team seems unable to adapt as games progress, leadership on the pitch or coaching that is stuck in a rigided style of play that teams know how to counter?
A noteable game against PNE under Martin we totally dominated the first half going 3-0 up with Manning as a winger, something unexpected, PNE came out with a different plan in the second half so Manning was put back to fullback as we were in a position to win the game as defend that 3-0 lead successfully, just.

We have a number of new players that William's has to have a look at but it is the players he should know by now who have problems that need help in addressing.
Martin had that horrendous run but addressed a number of problems to go on an acceptable run of games with the same players but playing a different style that suited the players at his disposal.
The fact we are now short on centre forward players is amazing, coach naivety or club staffing ineptitude.

Liked what we saw against PNE this season and Cardiff's first half was what we expected but the second half, the league Cup games and the away games we really are playing below par.
[Post edited 2 Sep 8:41]
Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 09:27 - Sep 2 with 2233 viewsWhiterockin

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 08:37 - Sep 2 by RichardO

Yes I appreciate I needed to watch the game before commenting which is why I haven't posted much this weekend in relation to the game.
As for players looking a class above there is something wrong within the team that means opposition players attributes are not being countered while ours are not being utilised to their full potential.
As has been said before one size doesn't fit all, as teams use formations and styles to put us under pressure we have to use formations that relieve that pressure whatever part of the game we are in. Teams conceded goals just before the half time mark because plans are put in place to change things, up the pressure on team as they lose concentration looking for the half time whistle. Our team seems unable to adapt as games progress, leadership on the pitch or coaching that is stuck in a rigided style of play that teams know how to counter?
A noteable game against PNE under Martin we totally dominated the first half going 3-0 up with Manning as a winger, something unexpected, PNE came out with a different plan in the second half so Manning was put back to fullback as we were in a position to win the game as defend that 3-0 lead successfully, just.

We have a number of new players that William's has to have a look at but it is the players he should know by now who have problems that need help in addressing.
Martin had that horrendous run but addressed a number of problems to go on an acceptable run of games with the same players but playing a different style that suited the players at his disposal.
The fact we are now short on centre forward players is amazing, coach naivety or club staffing ineptitude.

Liked what we saw against PNE this season and Cardiff's first half was what we expected but the second half, the league Cup games and the away games we really are playing below par.

Saturday really was a game of two half's. We couldn't defend against Ahearne-Grant and I think it Swift in the first half. They were working really well in tandem, both making straight runs and crossover runs meaning the defenders didn't know who to pick up. The second half was much better and we defended across the pitch mutch better and were a better attacking force ourselves. This pretty much answers your second paragraph.
Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 09:33 - Sep 2 with 2211 viewsonehunglow

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 08:37 - Sep 2 by RichardO

Morning Rich
I was of a mindset to think we couldn’t actually get more dull.
We have .
To not have a striker at all on the pitch the day after the windows closes is beyond belief .
That is a sackable offence and it is indefensible
If Williams is not responsible ,he should walk .He would get another job quoting our ludicrous system of failure right now . If he is “ innocent” then we should all empathise with him as he has been let down .
Having said that, he is let down by our inertia on the field and that I’m afraid is down to him.

We are desperate

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 09:44 - Sep 2 with 2213 viewsRichardO

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 09:27 - Sep 2 by Whiterockin

Saturday really was a game of two half's. We couldn't defend against Ahearne-Grant and I think it Swift in the first half. They were working really well in tandem, both making straight runs and crossover runs meaning the defenders didn't know who to pick up. The second half was much better and we defended across the pitch mutch better and were a better attacking force ourselves. This pretty much answers your second paragraph.

Thought we defended well as a team against PNE and Cardiff, first half and if the defending was better against WBA in the second half maybe William's will get the team functioning better for the whole game both in defence and attack sooner rather than later. Making and taking chances early in games, it is harder in away games as teams are expected to attack, providing we are defensively strong then no reason why we shouldn't be able to ride out teams intial pressure, even picking up away points as we did under Sheehan and Williams last season.
Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 15:13 - Sep 3 with 1728 viewsRhonddaSwans

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 09:44 - Sep 2 by RichardO

Thought we defended well as a team against PNE and Cardiff, first half and if the defending was better against WBA in the second half maybe William's will get the team functioning better for the whole game both in defence and attack sooner rather than later. Making and taking chances early in games, it is harder in away games as teams are expected to attack, providing we are defensively strong then no reason why we shouldn't be able to ride out teams intial pressure, even picking up away points as we did under Sheehan and Williams last season.

It feels like we have two systems at the moment.
Could this be because we are not 100% up to speed atm .
Our pre season was short and the Austrian trip looked like a waste of time .

Jerry wasn’t happy here you could tell.
Who knows if he and Mykola has a good season next year we could have a strong strikers back
Especially if we go down .
As Jerry would rip league 1 apart.

Poll: Should Montenegro 🇲🇪 get fined because of they’re pitch?

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 18:48 - Sep 3 with 1334 viewsmax936

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 15:13 - Sep 3 by RhonddaSwans

It feels like we have two systems at the moment.
Could this be because we are not 100% up to speed atm .
Our pre season was short and the Austrian trip looked like a waste of time .

Jerry wasn’t happy here you could tell.
Who knows if he and Mykola has a good season next year we could have a strong strikers back
Especially if we go down .
As Jerry would rip league 1 apart.

Mykola should have been played, yes he may have been raw but that would only have improved if he played, we're on the bones of our arses now as far as strikers are concerned, yet we sent two out on loan, three if you include Josh Tom.

Utterly clueless decisions, looking back.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 18:51 - Sep 3 with 1327 viewsonehunglow

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 18:48 - Sep 3 by max936

Mykola should have been played, yes he may have been raw but that would only have improved if he played, we're on the bones of our arses now as far as strikers are concerned, yet we sent two out on loan, three if you include Josh Tom.

Utterly clueless decisions, looking back.

Too bloody right S
We have and are making incredulous bad decisions
To be without a striker in a professional game at this level is inexcusable
I’m very worried
One thing is certain. Our owners are not learning
Bless ‘em

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024