Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Abdulai 22:38 - Aug 28 with 2927 viewsTomsyard

I know he’s highly regarded by the club but he was awful again tonight but I’m not sure what his role is in the team, does he? Is he an attacking wide midfielder or a central one, is his job to sit a little deeper to cover, does anyone know? What did the manager tell him his role was, perhaps he didn’t listen, perhaps he wasn’t told who knows.
Abdulai on 22:41 - Aug 28 with 1768 viewsScotia

He's not a winger that's for certain. Sorry, I don't see much in him.
Abdulai on 22:42 - Aug 28 with 1759 viewsunion_jack

I said it Sunday, I repeated it tonight; the guy is not up to this level of football.

He can’t beat a man and he’s easily bullied off the ball. Clearly he’s not been played in his preferred position but even if he was I can’t see him being very effective. We need much better.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Abdulai on 23:15 - Aug 28 with 1637 viewsRichardO

I think it is a case of what people who know him think he is capable of It is like Ronald and Eom they don't appear to be half the players they were when we signed them, this is down to how the coach wants us to play. The slow pace of our game makes our ball possession pointless.
Abdulai on 23:51 - Aug 28 with 1591 viewsReslovenSwan1

He was a standout at u21 as a defensive midfield linking play to the forwards . He was always on the move for the u21 and very difficult for opponents to track. Williams is at fault here. He is not a winger.

He glides rather than has pace surges. His strength is his movement. Fulton and Grimes are static on ball reception . Abdullai is exactly what Swansea need in midfield. Abdullai is similar to De Guzman who collects on the move.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Abdulai on 23:57 - Aug 28 with 1575 viewstheloneranger

Abdulai on 23:51 - Aug 28 by ReslovenSwan1

He was a standout at u21 as a defensive midfield linking play to the forwards . He was always on the move for the u21 and very difficult for opponents to track. Williams is at fault here. He is not a winger.

He glides rather than has pace surges. His strength is his movement. Fulton and Grimes are static on ball reception . Abdullai is exactly what Swansea need in midfield. Abdullai is similar to De Guzman who collects on the move.

You're comparing Abdulai with De Guzman.

Jesus Christ!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Abdulai on 01:47 - Aug 29 with 1471 viewsReslovenSwan1

Abdulai on 23:57 - Aug 28 by theloneranger

You're comparing Abdulai with De Guzman.

Jesus Christ!!

Ah the old forum tricks. Old forum veterans in the clique never miss a beat.

Jonathan De Guzman is not regarded as one of Europe's great footballers for your information but fitted into Laudrup team perfectly. He was always on the move.

I compared him to how Abdullai plays which in my view is valid.
I make comparisons to help the forum reader. Abdullai was sensational at times for the u21. A 9-1 v Birmingham springs to mind.

Fans wonder why players are becoming much better players once they leave. It is now a worryingly regular occurrence. The problem is coaching and playing style.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Abdulai on 07:28 - Aug 29 with 1320 viewsjack247

Abdulai on 23:51 - Aug 28 by ReslovenSwan1

This is the impression I get. He looks a central midfielder all day long. We’re crying out for an athlete who can cover ground, plays with his head up, has intelligent movement and gives teammates the option for an easy pass without going backwards. Jury still out on his first touch and close control for me but the rest of it’s there.

He’s never going to be a winger. He can’t beat a man and his pace is in his long strides and athleticism, he doesn’t have that burst of acceleration.

If Williams wants to play with two wingers, he probably needs four of them. I hope Abdulai isn’t played there because we don’t have alternatives. He’ll become a scapegoat.
Abdulai on 07:45 - Aug 29 with 1285 viewssons_of_omri

Abdulai on 07:28 - Aug 29 by jack247

This is the impression I get. He looks a central midfielder all day long. We’re crying out for an athlete who can cover ground, plays with his head up, has intelligent movement and gives teammates the option for an easy pass without going backwards. Jury still out on his first touch and close control for me but the rest of it’s there.

He’s never going to be a winger. He can’t beat a man and his pace is in his long strides and athleticism, he doesn’t have that burst of acceleration.

If Williams wants to play with two wingers, he probably needs four of them. I hope Abdulai isn’t played there because we don’t have alternatives. He’ll become a scapegoat.

I thought Williams had more nous than Martin and I was thinking that the old habits had gone. Unfortunately I might be wrong, and the worst thing is that he probably doesn’t understand what players like Pratley and DeGuzman bring to a side. If he doesn’t learn and learn quickly we are in for a season of mediocrity or worse and all the players we’ve brought in with all their potential are not going to benefit us.

Central midfield is the boil no one has the courage to lance. Our captain doesn’t bust a gut to get forward or even to win the ball back when he’s lost it. He’s happily wandering around the pitch in semi retirement while the team and club stagnate. Get rid now.
Login to get fewer ads

Abdulai on 07:54 - Aug 29 with 1269 viewsjack247

Abdulai on 07:45 - Aug 29 by sons_of_omri

I thought Williams had more nous than Martin and I was thinking that the old habits had gone. Unfortunately I might be wrong, and the worst thing is that he probably doesn’t understand what players like Pratley and DeGuzman bring to a side. If he doesn’t learn and learn quickly we are in for a season of mediocrity or worse and all the players we’ve brought in with all their potential are not going to benefit us.

Central midfield is the boil no one has the courage to lance. Our captain doesn’t bust a gut to get forward or even to win the ball back when he’s lost it. He’s happily wandering around the pitch in semi retirement while the team and club stagnate. Get rid now.

I don’t agree with the get rid of Grimes bit but agree with every else you’ve said. Surround him with players that compliment him not stifle him. I think Abdulai is a bit raw, but as you say, looks like he could do that Pratley, De Guzman, Fer role which we’ve been crying out for for years, now as much as ever.

I think Grimes sharing the role with Allen alongside Franco and Abdulai has potential. We wouldn’t have a #10 but we’d have a ball winner in there and Abdulai would open up the space for Grimes and the wide players to exploit.

Please get him off the wing!
[Post edited 29 Aug 7:55]
Abdulai on 07:58 - Aug 29 with 1247 viewsAnotherJohn

He has been very disappointing in the games I've seen. I am unsure about the claims that he would be better in midfield because the accuracy of his passing is often poor and he prefers going backwards to anything more positive. True he is still a young man, but I'd be surprised if he makes the grade in the Championship.
Abdulai on 08:18 - Aug 29 with 1207 viewsWhiterockin

Abdulai on 01:47 - Aug 29 by ReslovenSwan1

Jonathan De Guzman is not regarded as one of Europe's great footballers for your information but fitted into Laudrup team perfectly. He was always on the move.

I make comparisons to help the forum reader. Abdullai was sensational at times for the u21. A 9-1 v Birmingham springs to mind.

Fans wonder why players are becoming much better players once they leave. It is now a worryingly regular occurrence. The problem is coaching and playing style.

A lot of players look good at u21 level but can't cut it in the Championship it's a massive jump, several of the players you championed were let go at the end of the season. You harp on about the Birmingham game all the time, I wonder if it is the only u21 you have actually watched live. It was not a typical u21 performance, it was a one off and yes I was there.
Abdulai on 08:20 - Aug 29 with 1191 viewsonehunglow

Abdulai on 01:47 - Aug 29 by ReslovenSwan1

I’m on record stating De Guzman was overrated by some forum chums .
I stand by that . I saw him a selfish ,self indulgent journeyman ,who has done well out of the game but my God “ great” he was not .
A good player but a safe one ,albeit one miles ahead of the dross we see now.
Anyway, the fella of this thread doesn’t really look like a professional
He needs binning .NOW

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Abdulai on 08:23 - Aug 29 with 1168 viewsDr_Winston

He is a kid, being played out of position, by a manager who thus far hasn't shown us much evidence of his arse/elbow awareness.

How many times are we going to do this? Are our supporters all completely incapable of taking circumstances into account when discussing a players worth?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Abdulai on 08:28 - Aug 29 with 1136 viewsonehunglow

Abdulai on 08:23 - Aug 29 by Dr_Winston

He is a kid, being played out of position, by a manager who thus far hasn't shown us much evidence of his arse/elbow awareness.

How many times are we going to do this? Are our supporters all completely incapable of taking circumstances into account when discussing a players worth?

Hate to interject but I agree with you.
He doesn’t appear very good but his cause isn’t helped by being played as he is. He looks lost,as I’ve stated,almost traumatised. His yellow cards indicate his frustration.

Abdulai on 08:37 - Aug 29 with 1109 viewsWhiterockin

Abdulai on 08:28 - Aug 29 by onehunglow

Hate to interject but I agree with you.
He doesn’t appear very good but his cause isn’t helped by being played as he is. He looks lost,as I’ve stated,almost traumatised. His yellow cards indicate his frustration.

His yellow cards are not frustration but poor tackling, as it was when he gave away the penalty, he didn't need to make the challenge and he knows it.
Abdulai on 08:40 - Aug 29 with 1090 viewsonehunglow

Abdulai on 08:37 - Aug 29 by Whiterockin

His yellow cards are not frustration but poor tackling, as it was when he gave away the penalty, he didn't need to make the challenge and he knows it.

Decent reply .
I was giving him the benefit of the doubt
Not sure I agree with you as he’s been carded before and that was frustration and immaturity

Abdulai on 09:15 - Aug 29 with 1027 viewsGVJack

Abdulai on 07:54 - Aug 29 by jack247

I don’t agree with the get rid of Grimes bit but agree with every else you’ve said. Surround him with players that compliment him not stifle him. I think Abdulai is a bit raw, but as you say, looks like he could do that Pratley, De Guzman, Fer role which we’ve been crying out for for years, now as much as ever.

I think Grimes sharing the role with Allen alongside Franco and Abdulai has potential. We wouldn’t have a #10 but we’d have a ball winner in there and Abdulai would open up the space for Grimes and the wide players to exploit.

Please get him off the wing!
[Post edited 29 Aug 7:55]

Maybe not get rid completely, but he needs to lose the armband immediately, and settle for some time on the bench. Off the pitch he's the model captain, but I see very little leadership on the pitch, he doesn't encourage, Inspire or kick players a kick up the jacksey when needed.

He's also not playing particularly well himself, being far to slow and negative.

He's unfortunately part of the problem, not the solution, and now needs to make way for other players to come in and stake a claim. He's not dead rubber, and can still play a role, but he needs time away from the starting XI to work on his role going forward.
Abdulai on 09:18 - Aug 29 with 1014 viewsonehunglow

Abdulai on 09:15 - Aug 29 by GVJack

Maybe not get rid completely, but he needs to lose the armband immediately, and settle for some time on the bench. Off the pitch he's the model captain, but I see very little leadership on the pitch, he doesn't encourage, Inspire or kick players a kick up the jacksey when needed.

He's also not playing particularly well himself, being far to slow and negative.

He's unfortunately part of the problem, not the solution, and now needs to make way for other players to come in and stake a claim. He's not dead rubber, and can still play a role, but he needs time away from the starting XI to work on his role going forward.

He could be of use with a different style of coach but he seems to have a fear of shooting
He has a perfect chance last night right in front of goal.
He has the talent

Abdulai on 09:20 - Aug 29 with 994 viewsjack247

Abdulai on 09:15 - Aug 29 by GVJack

I’ll ask you the same question I asked OHL yesterday.

If we drop him, which three play in midfield?

I’m all for it when we’ve got better alternatives.
Abdulai on 09:29 - Aug 29 with 961 viewsonehunglow

Abdulai on 09:20 - Aug 29 by jack247

I thought your question related to those whom I would have selected since relegation
So ,tiday,you’re asking who I would pick ?
It’s not really a fair question,according to my legal adviser because I am not responsible for the staff at the club .
However,to indulge you

I would say

Monsieur Allen Franco Ron

Thus far, our sourcing hasn’t been really bright .

Abdulai on 09:31 - Aug 29 with 960 viewsGVJack

Abdulai on 09:20 - Aug 29 by jack247

Who says we have to have 3 central midfielders? I'd rather go 4-4-2 and have just two central midfielders than pick him for the sake of having 3 ineffective.

If we don't get any new players in before tomorrow night I'd rather go with the following starting line up against WBA. We may not win, but we won't have 73% possession without a single shot on target either.

Gk - Vigaroux
LW - Tymon
LCB - Cabango
RCB - Darling
RB - Key
CM - Franco (box 2 box)
CM - Allen (holding)
LW - Eom
RW - Ronald
Str - Viptonik
Str - Cullen
Abdulai on 09:34 - Aug 29 with 949 viewsonehunglow

Abdulai on 09:31 - Aug 29 by GVJack

Who says we have to have 3 central midfielders? I'd rather go 4-4-2 and have just two central midfielders than pick him for the sake of having 3 ineffective.

If we don't get any new players in before tomorrow night I'd rather go with the following starting line up against WBA. We may not win, but we won't have 73% possession without a single shot on target either.

Gk - Vigaroux
LW - Tymon
LCB - Cabango
RCB - Darling
RB - Key
CM - Franco (box 2 box)
CM - Allen (holding)
LW - Eom
RW - Ronald
Str - Viptonik
Str - Cullen

Having three central midfielders all the same is where we are going wrong
It’s bluddy obvious as day
Allen or Grimes …. Although Joe is well past his considerable best Inwouod still select him before Grimes ,making him captain as he still has professional pride and fire in the belly .
I think he and Franco would be ok
Grimes kills us stone dead in the water
I might have said so before

Abdulai on 09:41 - Aug 29 with 936 viewsGVJack

Abdulai on 09:34 - Aug 29 by onehunglow

Having three central midfielders all the same is where we are going wrong
It’s bluddy obvious as day
Allen or Grimes …. Although Joe is well past his considerable best Inwouod still select him before Grimes ,making him captain as he still has professional pride and fire in the belly .
I think he and Franco would be ok
Grimes kills us stone dead in the water
I might have said so before

I don't disagree. Grimes can play that holding midfielder role, so long as he sticks to it and his job perfectly. Break up play and look to get the pass forward to a more creative player early. If we then have two more creative.midfield options (Franco being one) it can change our whole dynamic. But (a) we don't currently have another (proven) option to play that role and (B) I don't trust that Grimes will stick to his task/role and not deliberately slow things down anyway.

So unless those two things are fixed, I wouldn't play 3 in the middle for the sake of it.
Abdulai on 09:44 - Aug 29 with 927 viewsjack247

Abdulai on 09:31 - Aug 29 by GVJack

Gk - Vigaroux
LW - Tymon
LCB - Cabango
RCB - Darling
RB - Key
CM - Franco (box 2 box)
CM - Allen (holding)
LW - Eom
RW - Ronald
Str - Viptonik
Str - Cullen

442 will get eaten alive by practically any team in the Championship. The two will be chasing shadows all game.

Allen can only last 30-60 minutes.

Franco I agree on. He should definitely be one of the three.
Abdulai on 09:47 - Aug 29 with 917 viewsjack247

Abdulai on 09:29 - Aug 29 by onehunglow

I thought your question related to those whom I would have selected since relegation
So ,tiday,you’re asking who I would pick ?
It’s not really a fair question,according to my legal adviser because I am not responsible for the staff at the club .
However,to indulge you

I would say

Monsieur Allen Franco Ron

Thus far, our sourcing hasn’t been really bright .

I made it easier for you. Whether we’re talking now or any point in the last six seasons, we haven’t had the players available to leave Grimes out without weakening the side.

One for one

Downes
Allen when fit
Potentially Franco but still early days

I’d pick ahead of him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024