Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vipotnick 21:49 - Aug 28 with 7458 viewsTomsyard

That must be the worst no.9 performance I’ve ever seen. No wonder he hardly ever touches the ball as his movement is non existent. I’ve never seen such a static centre forward, it was shocking. He makes it impossible for a team mate to find him in fact he makes almost every ball into the box look really bad, how can they find him when he’s stood still constantly, he was/is awful
[Post edited 28 Aug 21:59]
Vipotnick on 14:58 - Aug 30 with 1943 viewsjack247

Vipotnick on 18:22 - Aug 29 by sons_of_omri

I think that occurred during the Cardiff game - Grimes ignored a penetrating pass which would have put in in on goal 4 or 5 times. So another question for you - did Grimes play a ball through in either game - a pass that could have put one of our forward players in on goal? I can’t remember any. Not just from these past two games either

I don’t know. Let’s go with no. That’s never an excuse for a striker to stop making runs.

I very much doubt Grimes had 4 or 5 chances to put Viootnik through in the half hour he played against Cardiff. We spent most of that time either hanging on to 1-0 or stroking it around the back when both teams settled for 1-1.

Way too early to judge Vipotnik, but he was atrocious against Wycombe. That’s not me saying he will be all season.
Vipotnick on 15:04 - Aug 30 with 1908 viewsraynor94

We are crying out for a number 10 to play forward balls, this constant playing around at the back is excruciating.

Hopefully Peart-Harris can be a much more attacking midfielder, and Grimes really needs to be told he can shoot

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Vipotnick on 15:05 - Aug 30 with 1904 viewsnantywatcher

Vipotnick on 10:14 - Aug 29 by sons_of_omri

When Grimes ignore 3 or 4 passing opportunities how is he to know when to bust a gut? Genuine question

NEVER HAPPENED! Another watcher who has no idea what is going on when a match is underway. You see Grimes and a straight line to an unmarked Swan. Grimes and I can see at least 1/2 ,opposition players snapping at thee bit to move a yard or two to intercept the ball. Grimes looks for an alternative route, hope his team mate realises he needs to move a little to make it happen. The full backs were good at that the other night, others were not.
Vipotnick on 18:27 - Aug 30 with 1773 viewsjack247

Vipotnick on 14:53 - Aug 30 by KeithHaynes

No through balls from any Swans player against Wycombe.

Out of interest, how often does this happen?

I don’t really look at stats in much depth, but that one’s pretty damning.
Vipotnick on 12:14 - Aug 31 with 1625 viewsTomsyard

Vipotnick on 18:18 - Aug 29 by sons_of_omri

You’re going on about tactical awareness - what tactics ? Do you honestly believe we were using tactics last night? You kind of concede that point in your second paragraph but anyway I digress.

Vipotnik is a strikers striker, a goal poacher who has already demonstrated his ability by getting on the end of Ronaldo’s cross on one of the very rare occasions he had a quick pass to beat his man easily and feed the ball in.

Strikers need chances - we aren’t creating anything for him. So why pick on him ? Surely the midfield are too blame? Ive said before that Haaland would struggle in this side because Grimes and co cannot move themselves or the ball beyond walking pace. That’s where you want to vent your obvious frustration - it’s unfair to jump on the strikers back .

I remember quite a few saying the same about Piroe before he made them look stupid.
I’ll bet that Vipotnik will score 15-20 with service.

The bridge reference is about some wise boy who conned an American into buying a bridge in London but conned him (obviously) . See this reference for an explanation https://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_board/39/messages/638.html?utm_content=cmp-t

I’ve said before I think LW is a mid table manager unless he gets lucky and the club bring in higher quality players which isn’t going to happen, I’d be happy with mid table. The game the other night kind of showed the managers limitations in my opinion, perhaps as the season progresses and the new players settle in it might show that I’ve underestimated him, I’ll be more then happy to be proven wrong.
The goal Vipotnick scored was a classic centre forward goal, gamble by making a run to the near post, get in front of the defender and hope he’s been seen and the cross is quality then execute the most difficult part by putting it away and he did that perfectly. The point I was making was in that game he made hardly any attempt to make quality runs and whether the ball actually got to him is irrelevant as he can only do what he can do to influence the teams final ball options and if they don’t see them that’s not his fault. I’d rather have seen him being substituted after 60 minutes because he knackered having made those runs, at least he would of done his job. Perhaps the new lad that’s arrived will change the midfield dynamic which will have a positive effect.
The only person to come out of the game was Bianchini who worked hard to impress the rest were very poor so I wasn’t picking on him but giving my opinion on what I thought was obvious and would be seen by others.
Vipotnick on 12:31 - Aug 31 with 1586 viewsnantywatcher

Vipotnick on 12:14 - Aug 31 by Tomsyard

I’ve said before I think LW is a mid table manager unless he gets lucky and the club bring in higher quality players which isn’t going to happen, I’d be happy with mid table. The game the other night kind of showed the managers limitations in my opinion, perhaps as the season progresses and the new players settle in it might show that I’ve underestimated him, I’ll be more then happy to be proven wrong.
The goal Vipotnick scored was a classic centre forward goal, gamble by making a run to the near post, get in front of the defender and hope he’s been seen and the cross is quality then execute the most difficult part by putting it away and he did that perfectly. The point I was making was in that game he made hardly any attempt to make quality runs and whether the ball actually got to him is irrelevant as he can only do what he can do to influence the teams final ball options and if they don’t see them that’s not his fault. I’d rather have seen him being substituted after 60 minutes because he knackered having made those runs, at least he would of done his job. Perhaps the new lad that’s arrived will change the midfield dynamic which will have a positive effect.
The only person to come out of the game was Bianchini who worked hard to impress the rest were very poor so I wasn’t picking on him but giving my opinion on what I thought was obvious and would be seen by others.

Spot on again. Bianchi looks rather lightweight but plenty of potential there for sure.
Vipotnick on 12:41 - Aug 31 with 1538 viewsDr_Winston

The problem we've got is that we can have all the quick, attacking creative players we like, but if the ball takes a geological epoch to get to them then there's not an awful lot that they're going to be able to do.

Williams has to get the team playing faster, and he's not going to achieve it by continually going back to his default midfield.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Vipotnick on 12:45 - Aug 31 with 1526 viewsjack247

Vipotnick on 12:14 - Aug 31 by Tomsyard

Surely no one can dispute this. Honest, critical and not agenda driven
Login to get fewer ads

Vipotnick on 12:51 - Aug 31 with 1511 viewsjack247

Vipotnick on 12:41 - Aug 31 by Dr_Winston

The problem we've got is that we can have all the quick, attacking creative players we like, but if the ball takes a geological epoch to get to them then there's not an awful lot that they're going to be able to do.

Williams has to get the team playing faster, and he's not going to achieve it by continually going back to his default midfield.

To be fair, we’ve signed a holding midfielder with a bit of intensity to him and a 6’2 #10 who described himself as powerful and athletic.

For all the criticism I give the likes of Coleman and Watson, it does seem this has been recognised and addressed.
Vipotnick on 12:56 - Aug 31 with 1496 viewsDr_Winston

Vipotnick on 12:51 - Aug 31 by jack247

To be fair, we’ve signed a holding midfielder with a bit of intensity to him and a 6’2 #10 who described himself as powerful and athletic.

For all the criticism I give the likes of Coleman and Watson, it does seem this has been recognised and addressed.

Fingers crossed.

We're probably a striker short for me, but if the intention was to play Bianchini more centrally then perhaps that has already been addressed and time will tell. We've shipped numbers out but the plan seems clear to reduce the overall headcount and replace it with higher quality.

The added benefit of that is that it should provide bench space for our u21 prospects instead of pros who aren't going anywhere here, or loanees from other clubs. Big international window coming up. We do need to see improvement after it.
[Post edited 31 Aug 13:16]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Vipotnick on 13:56 - Aug 31 with 1391 viewsjack247

Vipotnick on 12:56 - Aug 31 by Dr_Winston

Fingers crossed.

We're probably a striker short for me, but if the intention was to play Bianchini more centrally then perhaps that has already been addressed and time will tell. We've shipped numbers out but the plan seems clear to reduce the overall headcount and replace it with higher quality.

The added benefit of that is that it should provide bench space for our u21 prospects instead of pros who aren't going anywhere here, or loanees from other clubs. Big international window coming up. We do need to see improvement after it.
[Post edited 31 Aug 13:16]

Oh absolutely. We’re striker and a centre back short at the very least. Far from having a competitive squad. It will be ok for lower to mid table though.

I just meant they’ve addressed the Grimes/Fulton/A.N.Other issue.

Franco and Peart-Harris with Allen and Grimes sharing the other spot looks good to me.

Cooper or Fulton from the bench depending on how the game is going.
Vipotnick on 14:21 - Aug 31 with 1345 viewsKeithHaynes

Vipotnick on 13:56 - Aug 31 by jack247

Oh absolutely. We’re striker and a centre back short at the very least. Far from having a competitive squad. It will be ok for lower to mid table though.

Franco and Peart-Harris with Allen and Grimes sharing the other spot looks good to me.

We are a striker short already, Cullen out.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Vipotnick on 14:24 - Aug 31 with 1330 viewsonehunglow

Vipotnick on 14:21 - Aug 31 by KeithHaynes

We are a striker short already, Cullen out.

We have too many midfielders and too few strikers
The season started like it, now the same after the window
We have loaned a striker out

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Vipotnick on 17:48 - Aug 31 with 1199 viewsTomsyard

Anyone know Yates’ contract agreement with Derby, i think we’ll need him back in January
Vipotnick on 17:58 - Aug 31 with 1166 viewsKeithHaynes

Vipotnick on 14:24 - Aug 31 by onehunglow

We have too many midfielders and too few strikers
The season started like it, now the same after the window
We have loaned a striker out

And ended up with no strikers on the pitch.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Vipotnick on 18:06 - Aug 31 with 1108 viewsonehunglow

Vipotnick on 17:58 - Aug 31 by KeithHaynes

And this is afterctgeseindie has closed
Too many midfielders and wide men
Like obviously believes the posts are in the wrong place
Is he really this dense

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Vipotnick on 21:06 - Aug 31 with 847 viewstheloneranger

Vipotnick on 17:58 - Aug 31 by KeithHaynes

Why didn't he try Ronald up front??

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Vipotnick on 11:45 - Sep 1 with 626 viewsAnotherJohn

Vipotnick on 21:06 - Aug 31 by theloneranger

Why didn't he try Ronald up front??

Worth a try, but when he has been in goalscoring positions he has missed good chances. He has had a few goals (3?) but with a poor conversion rate.
Vipotnick on 12:02 - Sep 1 with 583 viewsSullutaCreturned

Vipotnick on 13:56 - Aug 31 by jack247

Makes me wonder why he decided against using Allen yesterday? The game was crying out for some quality in midfield and Grimes had taken a couple of knocks.

If Allen is really match fit then why not use him a bit more?

Saying Grimes doesn't turn down attacking passes is wrong. Unless a pass is nailed on safe he doesn't do it, not in attack though he does play risky passes on the edg of our own area. he's not alone in that either. Vigoroux played an absolutely atrocios, suicidal pass yesterday, straight to a WBA forward, we were lucky they fouled it up, not that it mattered in the end because we were toothless again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024