Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cameron Congreve ? 22:36 - Jul 14 with 2232 viewsKeithHaynes

Last season of his contract coming up.
Really hasn’t performed.

Loan or sell ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Cameron Congreve ? on 22:39 - Jul 14 with 1933 viewsraynor94

Needs a loan in my opinion

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Cameron Congreve ? on 22:44 - Jul 14 with 1920 viewsFireboy2

Cameron Congreve ? on 22:39 - Jul 14 by raynor94

Needs a loan in my opinion

Agreed, I thought he was coming on a bit but it looks like he's gone backwards, hopefully he will go out on loan and bust a gut to show williams how good he is.
Cameron Congreve ? on 22:44 - Jul 14 with 1919 viewsBoundy

Been with the Academy since 2012/3 the last of that era so he's had a good run , the chosen one at the time ( it was said to the squad that the Academy was only looking for one player , this at 13 year old ! ) Not really kicked on after his brief appearances in the first team squad 2 years ago, imo sell.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Cameron Congreve ? on 22:53 - Jul 14 with 1891 viewsRichardO

Made a scapegoat when subbed after 30mins, may have been deserved but was then dumped, not exactly the development of our youngsters need.
Was involved with Kuharevich's goal against Swindon what little I have seen of him it looks as if he needs to look at the defensive part of his games, seemed to be aware of opposition players runs and tracked back but didn't get goal side.and too far away to make a challenge similar to Fulton's early days where he would jump into challenges because he gave his player too much room( we won't mention the play off final sending off because it was a different circumstance)
Think there could be a good player there with a calmness to make space on the ball in dangerous areas.
Luke Williams said of Ollie Cooper that his development had stalled since the time be had seen him before when he was here with Martin, I think the same about Congreve his movement for the U21s has been good from what little I have seen.
Cameron Congreve ? on 07:01 - Jul 15 with 1749 viewsDr_Winston

Cameron Congreve ? on 22:53 - Jul 14 by RichardO

Made a scapegoat when subbed after 30mins, may have been deserved but was then dumped, not exactly the development of our youngsters need.
Was involved with Kuharevich's goal against Swindon what little I have seen of him it looks as if he needs to look at the defensive part of his games, seemed to be aware of opposition players runs and tracked back but didn't get goal side.and too far away to make a challenge similar to Fulton's early days where he would jump into challenges because he gave his player too much room( we won't mention the play off final sending off because it was a different circumstance)
Think there could be a good player there with a calmness to make space on the ball in dangerous areas.
Luke Williams said of Ollie Cooper that his development had stalled since the time be had seen him before when he was here with Martin, I think the same about Congreve his movement for the U21s has been good from what little I have seen.

Cooper looks to have reached the end of the road as far as development is concerned. He never was all that much technically, and those gaps certainly show a lot more now youthful tenacity isn't enough.

Congreve is another player done dirty by Russy. Would loan him out rather than sell him for the moment tho.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Cameron Congreve ? on 07:34 - Jul 15 with 1723 viewsRichardO

Cameron Congreve ? on 07:01 - Jul 15 by Dr_Winston

Cooper looks to have reached the end of the road as far as development is concerned. He never was all that much technically, and those gaps certainly show a lot more now youthful tenacity isn't enough.

Congreve is another player done dirty by Russy. Would loan him out rather than sell him for the moment tho.

Cooper was used in multiple roles by Martin to fill in gaps in the team, inside left supportting Piroe and then covering for Mannings forward runs also as a right winger, which he is not, sometimes to good effect and as part of a number of short winning runs, for me his development has been hindered by being shoehorned into positions because there have been serious gaps in those positions.

Last year was a bit of a shambles all round.
Congreve not up to Championship speed yet but he won't be unless given game time and a chance to develop.
You could say the whole team needs a better shape and players to progress
Cameron Congreve ? on 07:37 - Jul 15 with 1704 viewsWhiterockin

Cameron Congreve ? on 07:34 - Jul 15 by RichardO

Cooper was used in multiple roles by Martin to fill in gaps in the team, inside left supportting Piroe and then covering for Mannings forward runs also as a right winger, which he is not, sometimes to good effect and as part of a number of short winning runs, for me his development has been hindered by being shoehorned into positions because there have been serious gaps in those positions.

Last year was a bit of a shambles all round.
Congreve not up to Championship speed yet but he won't be unless given game time and a chance to develop.
You could say the whole team needs a better shape and players to progress

With Congreve is there an option for another year. If not if he goes on loan he is just gone, therefore I would say sell if possible
[Post edited 15 Jul 7:38]
Cameron Congreve ? on 09:12 - Jul 15 with 1611 viewsglanmORJa_k

CAMERON CONGREVE PENS EXTENDED SWANSEA CITY CONTRACT
Official site, 14/7/2022

Swansea City youngster Cameron Congreve has signed a contract extension to keep him at the club until at least the summer of 2025.

The 18-year-old midfielder made his breakthrough at first-team level last term, making five Championship appearances in total.
Congreve’s previous deal had been due to expire at the end of June 2024; his new terms will run until the end of June 2025, with the contract also including the option to extend by a further 12 months.
Login to get fewer ads

Cameron Congreve ? on 09:43 - Jul 15 with 1579 viewsWhiterockin

Cameron Congreve ? on 09:12 - Jul 15 by glanmORJa_k

CAMERON CONGREVE PENS EXTENDED SWANSEA CITY CONTRACT
Official site, 14/7/2022

Swansea City youngster Cameron Congreve has signed a contract extension to keep him at the club until at least the summer of 2025.

The 18-year-old midfielder made his breakthrough at first-team level last term, making five Championship appearances in total.
Congreve’s previous deal had been due to expire at the end of June 2024; his new terms will run until the end of June 2025, with the contract also including the option to extend by a further 12 months.

Thanks. In that case loan and if he doesn't cut it let him go. If he improves there is still a resale value with the year option.
Cameron Congreve ? on 10:03 - Jul 15 with 1534 viewsRichardO

Cameron Congreve ? on 09:43 - Jul 15 by Whiterockin

Thanks. In that case loan and if he doesn't cut it let him go. If he improves there is still a resale value with the year option.

Someone must think he has value.
Cameron Congreve ? on 10:25 - Jul 15 with 1504 viewsWhiterockin

Cameron Congreve ? on 10:03 - Jul 15 by RichardO

Someone must think he has value.

The first sentence is key.
Cameron Congreve ? on 10:42 - Jul 15 with 1471 viewsjasper_T

Cameron Congreve ? on 22:44 - Jul 14 by Boundy

Been with the Academy since 2012/3 the last of that era so he's had a good run , the chosen one at the time ( it was said to the squad that the Academy was only looking for one player , this at 13 year old ! ) Not really kicked on after his brief appearances in the first team squad 2 years ago, imo sell.

Not sure about any of that, really. Cam was a bit of a late developer physically compared to others (like Josh Edwards) and had to work very hard to make his mark in his age group. I'd put him as first of the next batch of prospects (Cotterill, Lloyd etc.) rather than the last of any era, but maybe that's arbitrary line-drawing on a constantly moving conveyor.

Martin gave him a break very early and he wasn't ready. He's now the same age Dan James was when he was able to make a mark in senior football. Rodon and Roberts similar, we don't produce many teenagers ready for senior football, but history suggests writing them off is a waste of limited club resources.

Lack of pace likely puts a ceiling on his potential, which Parker and (supposedly) Govea don't have. Liam Smith is a better attacking midfielder/wide man in the u21s. Ben Lloyd is over a year younger. We don't lack for talented youngsters in that area of the pitch.
Cameron Congreve ? on 10:55 - Jul 15 with 1443 viewsWhiterockin

Cameron Congreve ? on 10:42 - Jul 15 by jasper_T

Not sure about any of that, really. Cam was a bit of a late developer physically compared to others (like Josh Edwards) and had to work very hard to make his mark in his age group. I'd put him as first of the next batch of prospects (Cotterill, Lloyd etc.) rather than the last of any era, but maybe that's arbitrary line-drawing on a constantly moving conveyor.

Martin gave him a break very early and he wasn't ready. He's now the same age Dan James was when he was able to make a mark in senior football. Rodon and Roberts similar, we don't produce many teenagers ready for senior football, but history suggests writing them off is a waste of limited club resources.

Lack of pace likely puts a ceiling on his potential, which Parker and (supposedly) Govea don't have. Liam Smith is a better attacking midfielder/wide man in the u21s. Ben Lloyd is over a year younger. We don't lack for talented youngsters in that area of the pitch.

Do you think it a good time for Smith and Lloyd to go out on loan and hopefully get some league game time rather than the u21 comfort zone.
Cameron Congreve ? on 11:27 - Jul 15 with 1413 viewsReslovenSwan1

Cameron Congreve ? on 07:01 - Jul 15 by Dr_Winston

Some things are down to basic courage and mentality. These are what Steve Cooper called " non negotiable".

Swansea were coasting 0-2 away at Oxford. Swansea promoted Benda Abdullai and Congreve. Free kick Oxford. Branagan lunes up and hits the wall. One player was not prepared to get hurt. It was you know who and some non negotiable issues. Abdullai then did a long back pass to Benda who panicked 2-2 and out on pens. OU gots money spinning away draw costing the club £100k.

I saw him "give up"on a ball v Cardiff city u21 leading to the third goal in. 3-0 defeat.

On the other hand I have seen some wonderful u21 performances where he has been slick sharp with a great set piece. A 9-0 win over Birmingham was sublime.

I would send him somewhere where he must play. National league Kidderminster or the like. 40 games +

Make or break.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Cameron Congreve ? on 12:35 - Jul 15 with 1349 viewsjasper_T

Cameron Congreve ? on 10:55 - Jul 15 by Whiterockin

Do you think it a good time for Smith and Lloyd to go out on loan and hopefully get some league game time rather than the u21 comfort zone.

Supposedly Smith was due to go to Stockport start of last season but they backed out last minute. Finding takers for our youngsters has always been difficult, a good time is whenever there's a good offer. Doesn't do them much good to be "injury cover" in League Two and only pick up minutes in the paint trophy when they could stay here and get the same experience.
Cameron Congreve ? on 13:43 - Jul 15 with 1282 viewsReslovenSwan1

Cameron Congreve ? on 12:35 - Jul 15 by jasper_T

Supposedly Smith was due to go to Stockport start of last season but they backed out last minute. Finding takers for our youngsters has always been difficult, a good time is whenever there's a good offer. Doesn't do them much good to be "injury cover" in League Two and only pick up minutes in the paint trophy when they could stay here and get the same experience.

The National league is a tough league with well organized teams. Cotterill and Josh Thomas could have 40+ games under their belts on these teams rather than 10 sub appearances in league 1.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Cameron Congreve ? on 14:17 - Jul 15 with 1247 viewsWhiterockin

Cameron Congreve ? on 12:35 - Jul 15 by jasper_T

Thanks for that. Possibly the wages they have doesn't help when looking for a loan club. I believe Congreve as an example is earning quite a bit compared to league one and two players, as for the national league they probably couldn't afford half and financially it wouldn't work.
Cameron Congreve ? on 17:32 - Jul 15 with 1119 viewshobo

New contract and loan
Cameron Congreve ? on 20:02 - Jul 15 with 1040 viewsWhiterockin

Cameron Congreve ? on 17:32 - Jul 15 by hobo

New contract and loan

Apparently he's on over £4K a week, no way we will match that again.
Cameron Congreve ? on 23:37 - Jul 15 with 961 viewsKeithHaynes

Cameron Congreve ? on 20:02 - Jul 15 by Whiterockin

Apparently he's on over £4K a week, no way we will match that again.

If that’s right that’s a lot for what we get from him.

Cameron Congreve ? on 04:39 - Jul 16 with 911 viewsWhiterockin

Cameron Congreve ? on 23:37 - Jul 15 by KeithHaynes

If that’s right that’s a lot for what we get from him.

He is the highest paid of that particular group of u21s but quite a few are over paid for what they offer. I really feel that the under 21 contracts should be performance related, but I suppose if they were they wouldn't sign/re sign for us, Parker as an example.
Cameron Congreve ? on 10:46 - Jul 16 with 830 viewsjasper_T

Cameron Congreve ? on 04:39 - Jul 16 by Whiterockin

He is the highest paid of that particular group of u21s but quite a few are over paid for what they offer. I really feel that the under 21 contracts should be performance related, but I suppose if they were they wouldn't sign/re sign for us, Parker as an example.

What youngsters offer is the ability to very quickly transform into £10m+ assets for the club to flog. Their wages are investment not just compensation for the week's work.
Cameron Congreve ? on 11:58 - Jul 16 with 798 viewsWhiterockin

Cameron Congreve ? on 10:46 - Jul 16 by jasper_T

What youngsters offer is the ability to very quickly transform into £10m+ assets for the club to flog. Their wages are investment not just compensation for the week's work.

That's an excellent point but there has to be a return, the conveyor belt has been very slow.
Cameron Congreve ? on 13:51 - Jul 16 with 748 viewsRichardO

Cameron Congreve ? on 10:46 - Jul 16 by jasper_T

Parker if he stays longer with us given the quality of his preformance in the limited game time for the first team, has a good shot of at the very least 20mins per game as back up for Ronald or even for a winger on the opposite side to give them rest, that experience would be invaluable to him with a good chance of him becoming the number one choice which could then lead on to a more lucrative deal or move, Dan James had that extra time and got a cracking move, whether he was ready for it is another thing.
Parker coming back from a serious injury might do well to ensure his recovery is completed, tested and getting valuable game time before searching for that big move.
[Post edited 16 Jul 15:36]
Cameron Congreve ? on 05:14 - Jul 17 with 635 viewsKeithHaynes

Cameron Congreve ? on 11:58 - Jul 16 by Whiterockin

That's an excellent point but there has to be a return, the conveyor belt has been very slow.

Aimar Govea and Azeem Abdulai are successes.
Clearly Iwan Morgan made a million for the club.

Sam Parker, irrespective of his unhappiness at the contract he was offered, another decent graduate to the first team.

Cameron Congreve and Joel Cotterill have a big season coming up. It’s time for them to show what they are all about.

Filip Lissah, Kyrell Wilson & Ben Lloyd find themselves in the first team squad.

I would keep an eye on Sammy Henia-Kamau and Josh Thomas plus Tom Woodward.

Maybe even Liam Smith.

Some of these players I believe will play at the highest level.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024