Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this really "exciting football"? 17:32 - Dec 4 with 10877 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Once again, our possession of the ball was more than double that of our opponents.

Yet, once again, we only just managed to convert our colossal domination of the ball into more attacks than our opponents

From 67% possession, we yielded just 113 attacks. Yet, from just 33% possession, Middlesbrough yielded 104 attacks.

We had 103% more possession of the ball, yet attempted only 9% more attacks throughout the game. That's scandalous and certainly isn't "exciting football" in my opinion.

It is little wonder we have so many clean sheets despite having such a nonsensical defensive approach. Imagine how many more attacks teams would achieve against us if we weren't aimlessly keeping possession amongst our 5 centre backs for a significant portion of the match.

This isn't exciting football. Too many Swansea City supporters equate possession with "exciting football". I'm hesitant to use the word brainwashed, but some supporters have certainly been conditioned to think this way.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2021 17:33]

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Is this really "exciting football"? on 08:44 - Dec 6 with 948 viewsDr_Parnassus

Is this really "exciting football"? on 08:42 - Dec 6 by magicdaps10

I hear it but it's madness and stupidity......i am 9 steps behind those clowns thank goodness.

Well hopefully over the course of those 9 steps you realise the error you are making.

Call it Dr P's 9 steps of help.

Good luck with the program.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Is this really "exciting football"? on 08:53 - Dec 6 with 955 viewsThornburyswan

Is this really "exciting football"? on 08:06 - Dec 6 by magicdaps10

Hit the nail on the head, unfortunately there are people in this world who are so full of self importance that they feel they are on higher ground than most and are the end of the world of all knowledge.

We should be up competing with Citeh and Liverpool listening to how some on here go on.

Agree MD10, I’m all for ambition but there are some on here who would still be unhappy if we were competing with Citeh & L’pool because we weren’t smashing them every week but they are now so wedded to their position they cannot possibly admit any one else has a valid point to make.

Hey ho bet they are fun at parties!
Is this really "exciting football"? on 08:57 - Dec 6 with 926 viewsDr_Parnassus

Don't think anyone is expecting us to be competing with Man Utd and Liverpool.

Championship play offs will do, top 10 will be fairly acceptable.

Its amazing how last year we spent a lot of time in the top 5 and people wanted promotion and seeing anything less as a failure (?!), yet this season anything will do and any suggestion of us playing to the ability of our squad is somehow some incredibly far fetched ambition.

Anyone would think people don't have as much confidence in this set up as they like to portray.

Is this really "exciting football"? on 10:07 - Dec 6 with 879 viewsonehunglow

Is this really "exciting football"? on 08:57 - Dec 6 by Dr_Parnassus

Don't think anyone is expecting us to be competing with Man Utd and Liverpool.

Championship play offs will do, top 10 will be fairly acceptable.

Its amazing how last year we spent a lot of time in the top 5 and people wanted promotion and seeing anything less as a failure (?!), yet this season anything will do and any suggestion of us playing to the ability of our squad is somehow some incredibly far fetched ambition.

Anyone would think people don't have as much confidence in this set up as they like to portray.

Our expectations and hope have slowly been lowered.

We were at the top table not that long ago.Check us out on the Premier League history programmes strutting our stuff against the billy big boys,then reflect on what we see now.

Too many accept this like lambs and it's sick.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Is this really "exciting football"? on 10:16 - Dec 6 with 888 viewsBoundy

in answer to the OP compared to Coopers reign then its yes and doubly so

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Is this really "exciting football"? on 10:26 - Dec 6 with 874 viewsDr_Parnassus

Is this really "exciting football"? on 10:16 - Dec 6 by Boundy

in answer to the OP compared to Coopers reign then its yes and doubly so

If you found less attacking more exciting, you should have asked for it.

I’m sure Cooper would have obliged by having less goal attempts for you.

Is this really "exciting football"? on 10:39 - Dec 6 with 873 viewsmagicdaps10

Is this really "exciting football"? on 08:44 - Dec 6 by Dr_Parnassus

Well hopefully over the course of those 9 steps you realise the error you are making.

Call it Dr P's 9 steps of help.

Good luck with the program.

Seems you are mistaken in your own announcement and it should be called DR P 9 steps to madness!

Think I will keep a wide berth fron the program, I can see it is not a program for the sane minded.

Good luck with that program of yours though I suspect it will be low on numbers 👍😬

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Is this really "exciting football"? on 10:42 - Dec 6 with 869 viewsmagicdaps10

Is this really "exciting football"? on 08:53 - Dec 6 by Thornburyswan

Agree MD10, I’m all for ambition but there are some on here who would still be unhappy if we were competing with Citeh & L’pool because we weren’t smashing them every week but they are now so wedded to their position they cannot possibly admit any one else has a valid point to make.

Hey ho bet they are fun at parties!

Will be plenty of TV screens there for sure.

A lot of posters are making themselves look extremely silly and quick to point fingers at others.

I would say those individuals don't go to many parties 🤔

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Login to get fewer ads

Is this really "exciting football"? on 10:55 - Dec 6 with 861 viewsvetchonian

Is this really "exciting football"? on 15:18 - Dec 5 by builthjack

As I have said, whenever he can change personnel, then the brand of football gets better.
Half the squad are not good enough.
Patience.

Not good enough to do what exactly?
His game is based around possession ...passing the ball and passing the ball into oppostions goal area as he discusses in an interview when he eas challenged by MKDons fans of having no plan B when they had given yet another game away.

It seems we have players who can maintain the possesion as we top the possesion table....
yet you say we need more players which positions?
Hoiw many ball playing CBs are there outside of the PL? in fact how nmay in the PL?
Why is he forced to play players out of position...I kep saying it you could still play Cabango or Bennet in the centre with Naughton outside he could still receive the balll from Hamer
He could play a 1 4 3 11

with Naughton at sweeper behind Laird Cabango Manning Bidwell
Then a midfield of Grimes Paterson and Downes with Natcham ahead of that with Piroe up top
That side could deliver some exciting attacking football but that s not Martins mantra...his obsession is with possession

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Is this really "exciting football"? on 12:26 - Dec 6 with 830 viewsBoundy

Is this really "exciting football"? on 10:26 - Dec 6 by Dr_Parnassus

If you found less attacking more exciting, you should have asked for it.

I’m sure Cooper would have obliged by having less goal attempts for you.

My world isn't based on stats but what I see & enjoy . Overall I didn't enjoy Coopers style of foot ball . but thanks for commenting.

Is this really "exciting football"? on 13:05 - Dec 6 with 802 viewsTreforys_Jack

Is this really "exciting football"? on 12:26 - Dec 6 by Boundy

My world isn't based on stats but what I see & enjoy . Overall I didn't enjoy Coopers style of foot ball . but thanks for commenting.

This in a nutshell ! Posters are getting really worked up because some are enjoying it more, and trying to convince them they can't be.
Is this really "exciting football"? on 13:14 - Dec 6 with 790 viewsvetchonian

Is this really "exciting football"? on 13:05 - Dec 6 by Treforys_Jack

This in a nutshell ! Posters are getting really worked up because some are enjoying it more, and trying to convince them they can't be.

I think the biggest difference is we are at the ground.....much more enjoyable than sat in fornt of the tele, PC/laptop/tablet screen.
The stats indicate that we are less attacking, maybe if wew were fiorced to watch at home as last year we may have different opinions and guess what its impossible for us all to have the same opinion and what a boring world it would be then.

the stats arguement is being used not from an "enjoyment" measurew but look at the thread heading....attacking football usually equates to exciting football the stats show we are less attacking this season than last...
Personally Im enjoying it as I am back at the ground.....the efootball is not much different....but for me the enjoyment is being at the game...less distractions when I get bored .

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Is this really "exciting football"? on 13:17 - Dec 6 with 789 viewsTreforys_Jack

Is this really "exciting football"? on 13:14 - Dec 6 by vetchonian

I think the biggest difference is we are at the ground.....much more enjoyable than sat in fornt of the tele, PC/laptop/tablet screen.
The stats indicate that we are less attacking, maybe if wew were fiorced to watch at home as last year we may have different opinions and guess what its impossible for us all to have the same opinion and what a boring world it would be then.

the stats arguement is being used not from an "enjoyment" measurew but look at the thread heading....attacking football usually equates to exciting football the stats show we are less attacking this season than last...
Personally Im enjoying it as I am back at the ground.....the efootball is not much different....but for me the enjoyment is being at the game...less distractions when I get bored .

Agreed regarding being back in the ground without a doubt is a factor. Just also enjoying the feeling that I'm seeing something evolving, maybe I'll be proved wrong, who knows, will definitely have a clearer idea come Feb. Martin certainly not helping his case with some of his bizarre selections and substitutions lately.
Is this really "exciting football"? on 13:32 - Dec 6 with 776 viewsDr_Parnassus

Is this really "exciting football"? on 10:39 - Dec 6 by magicdaps10

Seems you are mistaken in your own announcement and it should be called DR P 9 steps to madness!

Think I will keep a wide berth fron the program, I can see it is not a program for the sane minded.

Good luck with that program of yours though I suspect it will be low on numbers 👍😬

Well I’m glad you are my first customer.

Is this really "exciting football"? on 13:33 - Dec 6 with 771 viewsDr_Parnassus

Is this really "exciting football"? on 10:42 - Dec 6 by magicdaps10

Will be plenty of TV screens there for sure.

A lot of posters are making themselves look extremely silly and quick to point fingers at others.

I would say those individuals don't go to many parties 🤔

How long did it take you to get to the Riverside?

Or didn’t you go? That’s it Maureen, scratch him off the party list.

Is this really "exciting football"? on 13:36 - Dec 6 with 761 viewsDr_Parnassus

Is this really "exciting football"? on 12:26 - Dec 6 by Boundy

Nothing to do with stats.

We don’t just attack less because the stats say we do. We attack less because we attack less.

All I was saying is that if you preferred a less attacking brand of football then you should have said last season that we were attacking too much.

The complaints seemed to be the opposite of that though, hence why I find it a bit strange.

Is this really "exciting football"? on 13:41 - Dec 6 with 756 viewsDr_Parnassus

Is this really "exciting football"? on 13:05 - Dec 6 by Treforys_Jack

Nobody is getting worked up about people enjoying, it’s great. Bizarre comment.

I think it’s more a fact that the same sort of people that are loving life in the bottom half this season, were attacking the manager last season when in the top 4 for not attacking more… when in fact we attack less this year.

Just a bit of hypocrisy on display as opposed to being annoyed that some are claiming to be enjoying.

Can’t keep up with all the about turns going on.

Is this really "exciting football"? on 13:48 - Dec 6 with 751 viewsDr_Parnassus

Is this really "exciting football"? on 13:17 - Dec 6 by Treforys_Jack

Agreed regarding being back in the ground without a doubt is a factor. Just also enjoying the feeling that I'm seeing something evolving, maybe I'll be proved wrong, who knows, will definitely have a clearer idea come Feb. Martin certainly not helping his case with some of his bizarre selections and substitutions lately.

But what is evolving exactly?

Evolving would signify improving. Mutating from what doesn’t work and settling on an optimum channel of performance and style.

We are regressing pretty rapidly to what we saw at the start of the season and had already scrapped due to it not working.

I’m all for evolution, all for building, all for a journey… but you can’t keep going down the same dead end on that journey time and time again, because it quickly loses its fun.

The thing is, I won’t be shocked if we do revert back to the correct way of playing in the next game as I’m sure Martin will want to beat Cooper at all costs even if it means sacrificing his 96% short passing game…. Then if we win comprehensively, wouldn’t be at all shocked to see us revert to the old tactic that doesn’t work again.

That’s what’s frustrating me and I’m sure an awful lot of others too.

Errors and mistakes I can accept, they can be learned from. GroundHog Day errors are something that I can’t tolerate.

Edit - also important to note that Martin’s lifespan here is likely to be no longer than 2 seasons, 3 at a push. So any improvement has to be at a sufficient rate where it is on track to bear fruit long before that time expires (and it will).

We are now approaching the 50% mark of the completion of season 1. That’s no small chunk.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2021 13:53]

Is this really "exciting football"? on 13:52 - Dec 6 with 753 viewsTreforys_Jack

Is this really "exciting football"? on 13:41 - Dec 6 by Dr_Parnassus

Nobody is getting worked up about people enjoying, it’s great. Bizarre comment.

I think it’s more a fact that the same sort of people that are loving life in the bottom half this season, were attacking the manager last season when in the top 4 for not attacking more… when in fact we attack less this year.

Just a bit of hypocrisy on display as opposed to being annoyed that some are claiming to be enjoying.

Can’t keep up with all the about turns going on.

You genuinely can't accept people are enjoying, that's fine, you don't need to analyse, it's just a fact. Accept it.
Is this really "exciting football"? on 13:54 - Dec 6 with 750 viewsTreforys_Jack

Is this really "exciting football"? on 13:48 - Dec 6 by Dr_Parnassus

But what is evolving exactly?

Evolving would signify improving. Mutating from what doesn’t work and settling on an optimum channel of performance and style.

We are regressing pretty rapidly to what we saw at the start of the season and had already scrapped due to it not working.

I’m all for evolution, all for building, all for a journey… but you can’t keep going down the same dead end on that journey time and time again, because it quickly loses its fun.

The thing is, I won’t be shocked if we do revert back to the correct way of playing in the next game as I’m sure Martin will want to beat Cooper at all costs even if it means sacrificing his 96% short passing game…. Then if we win comprehensively, wouldn’t be at all shocked to see us revert to the old tactic that doesn’t work again.

That’s what’s frustrating me and I’m sure an awful lot of others too.

Errors and mistakes I can accept, they can be learned from. GroundHog Day errors are something that I can’t tolerate.

Edit - also important to note that Martin’s lifespan here is likely to be no longer than 2 seasons, 3 at a push. So any improvement has to be at a sufficient rate where it is on track to bear fruit long before that time expires (and it will).

We are now approaching the 50% mark of the completion of season 1. That’s no small chunk.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2021 13:53]

You look at things clinically , I use emotion, I feel things are evolving , I don't know into what yet, its not cooperball and that's good enough for me for now.
Is this really "exciting football"? on 13:56 - Dec 6 with 742 viewsDr_Parnassus

Is this really "exciting football"? on 13:52 - Dec 6 by Treforys_Jack

You genuinely can't accept people are enjoying, that's fine, you don't need to analyse, it's just a fact. Accept it.

Where have you seen me not accept someone enjoying. Show me any comment you like.

As I said, I’m all for people enjoying if that’s what they like.

I’m pointing out that last season these same people were slating Cooper for not being more attacking while we occupied a top 4 spot… yet now claiming to be enjoying being in the bottom half with a style that is less attacking.

That’s not me refusing to accept they are enjoying, that’s not something for me to decide.

That’s me making the observation that peoples complaints surrounding the lack of attacking last season seems to have conveniently been swept under the carpet.

Big difference. Can’t spell it out any clearer.

Is this really "exciting football"? on 14:05 - Dec 6 with 738 viewsDr_Parnassus

Is this really "exciting football"? on 13:54 - Dec 6 by Treforys_Jack

You look at things clinically , I use emotion, I feel things are evolving , I don't know into what yet, its not cooperball and that's good enough for me for now.

Of course I look at things using facts.

The facts are vital in claims like that. Feeling something doesn’t mean it’s true, facts will tell you if it’s true or not. A middle aged bloke I play tennis with tells me he feels 22 years old, I assure you he isn’t, his birth certificate would be far more useful than his feelings to determine that.

I’m not entirely sure what Cooperball is. But if people are excited by attacking football (which tends to be what excites people), then we saw more of that under Cooper. If that’s Cooperball then Cooperball is more attacking than Martinball, just a fact.

If people prefer the less attacking style then great, but the complain last year seems to have been completely ignored then.

Is this really "exciting football"? on 14:18 - Dec 6 with 730 viewsBoundy

Is this really "exciting football"? on 13:36 - Dec 6 by Dr_Parnassus

Nothing to do with stats.

We don’t just attack less because the stats say we do. We attack less because we attack less.

All I was saying is that if you preferred a less attacking brand of football then you should have said last season that we were attacking too much.

The complaints seemed to be the opposite of that though, hence why I find it a bit strange.

To be honest your opinion (as I'm me sure as mine is reciprocated ) has absolutely no bearings on what I do, think or say , I'm not really bothered whether you agree or not . I gave my opinion that's all it is

Is this really "exciting football"? on 14:22 - Dec 6 with 722 viewsDr_Parnassus

Is this really "exciting football"? on 14:18 - Dec 6 by Boundy

To be honest your opinion (as I'm me sure as mine is reciprocated ) has absolutely no bearings on what I do, think or say , I'm not really bothered whether you agree or not . I gave my opinion that's all it is

It’s not an opinion that I gave.

I am factually stating that we are less attacking this season and also noting that this was the main issue people had last season, lack of attacking intent.

Not asked you to change your mind, not even suggested you should.

Just making a point that what people complained about last year (relentlessly) while being in the top 4, seems to now not be an issue at all as it’s now present but to a larger degree, while loving life in the bottom half.

I personally can’t get my head round that but each to their own.

Is this really "exciting football"? on 16:41 - Dec 6 with 693 viewsTreforys_Jack

Is this really "exciting football"? on 14:22 - Dec 6 by Dr_Parnassus

It’s not an opinion that I gave.

I am factually stating that we are less attacking this season and also noting that this was the main issue people had last season, lack of attacking intent.

Not asked you to change your mind, not even suggested you should.

Just making a point that what people complained about last year (relentlessly) while being in the top 4, seems to now not be an issue at all as it’s now present but to a larger degree, while loving life in the bottom half.

I personally can’t get my head round that but each to their own.

Your last paragraph is spot in, you can't get your head around it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024