Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The perks of being a QPR fan - Report 22:04 - Aug 19 with 5310 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/55528
The perks of being a QPR fan - Report on 11:35 - Aug 20 with 976 viewsPinnerPaul

The perks of being a QPR fan - Report on 07:16 - Aug 20 by SydneyRs

I reckon there's a good case for a rugby league type system with a game clock that stops when play stops, so time wasting etc become almost redundant in terms of affecting playing/game time. Even if you reduced the game to 80 mins, you'd end up with more time with the ball in play. Allow a certain amount of time for throws, corners, goal kicks etc, after which the clock stops so no further time is lost. Also everyone knows when the game will finish using this method.

Another magnificent write up btw!

I agree. Would still keep it in control of the referee - he lifts up his arm, clock is stopped, quick peep of the whistle, clock starts again.
The perks of being a QPR fan - Report on 11:39 - Aug 20 with 971 viewsPinnerPaul

The perks of being a QPR fan - Report on 23:01 - Aug 19 by Northernr

Yeh ten was fine, it was ten, he was right. But you can’t suddenly start caring about getting the stoppage time right because the away team is winning, when you very obviously didn’t give a single fck about it when the home team was winning. If he’d added the four to the first half when he should have done I wouldn’t have had a problem, but he didn’t, so I do.

but he didn't add any time for timewasting per se to either half.

I don't agree with that, but he wasn't unfair in that respect.

Its the same with goalscoring celebs, 5 goals and no time added for the post goal celebs either - nonsense.

Mentioned it before, but in hockey as soon as a goal is scored a big clock appears with 30 on it and it starts counting down, when it reaches 0, side that conceded 'kick' off, whether oppo ready or not, which of course, because of the clock, they always are!
The perks of being a QPR fan - Report on 12:00 - Aug 20 with 933 viewsNorthernr

The perks of being a QPR fan - Report on 11:39 - Aug 20 by PinnerPaul

but he didn't add any time for timewasting per se to either half.

I don't agree with that, but he wasn't unfair in that respect.

Its the same with goalscoring celebs, 5 goals and no time added for the post goal celebs either - nonsense.

Mentioned it before, but in hockey as soon as a goal is scored a big clock appears with 30 on it and it starts counting down, when it reaches 0, side that conceded 'kick' off, whether oppo ready or not, which of course, because of the clock, they always are!

There's definitely plenty of learnings to be had from other sports with regards the clock in football. ATM it's frankly a bit of a farce. How you get one minute from that first half I just cannot comprehend. Like DaveB says, actually not a bad thing for us as we were up against it, but one minute was a joke.

The other thing, as I say in the report, is that Boro really didn't have to do a lot for their free kicks. There was one on Ikpeazu at the end of the first half, against Johansen, that was so bad it was funny. Back to goal, ball at his feet, waiting for the touch, but because Johansen is intelligent, he didn't touch him, so then he just fell down anyway - free kick straight away. Second half, we're breaking 4 v 4, Dickie gets absolutely creamed, and he initially tried to say it wasn't a foul at all, made a big ball motion, until somebody got in his ear. That's not a great look.
The perks of being a QPR fan - Report on 12:14 - Aug 20 with 902 viewsPinnerPaul

The perks of being a QPR fan - Report on 12:00 - Aug 20 by Northernr

There's definitely plenty of learnings to be had from other sports with regards the clock in football. ATM it's frankly a bit of a farce. How you get one minute from that first half I just cannot comprehend. Like DaveB says, actually not a bad thing for us as we were up against it, but one minute was a joke.

The other thing, as I say in the report, is that Boro really didn't have to do a lot for their free kicks. There was one on Ikpeazu at the end of the first half, against Johansen, that was so bad it was funny. Back to goal, ball at his feet, waiting for the touch, but because Johansen is intelligent, he didn't touch him, so then he just fell down anyway - free kick straight away. Second half, we're breaking 4 v 4, Dickie gets absolutely creamed, and he initially tried to say it wasn't a foul at all, made a big ball motion, until somebody got in his ear. That's not a great look.

Yep agree with most of that. As I say clearly an instruction not to add time on for timewasting.

With the Dickie one, I think its angles. Here's my take on it. Pre match ref will say to other 3, if I get anything major wrong, then shout. Foul v no foul, unless pen or close not really major, but a 'missed' card, as here, would warrant an intervention.

In this case ref is behind play, deep in 2nd half, trying to get up the pitch as fast as he can. I too, at first, thought Boro player won the ball, but on replay you could see he went through Dickie to do it. I'm guessing 4th official, dead level with a perfect side on view called it - foul and yellow - hence the change of mind.

'Soft' free kicks, yes agree to a degree and there has been a move since Euros to not penalise these type of fks - but never going to agree with every one. Warnock was also banging on post match about 2 offsides - 1 Seny saved and the other the guy was on the touchline - they weren't even close to being goals or close to being onside!

I agree not a good look and why refs don't want ARs/4th input that often!

Lets hope tomorrow is just as exciting without so much refereeing to talk about!
The perks of being a QPR fan - Report on 12:18 - Aug 20 with 897 viewsManinBlack

A terrific report in keeping with a terrific game.

The time added on at the end to me is an indication of how match officials are affected by crowds. Boro had 22,000 noisy fans and therefore the ref feels obliged to add excessive time on because they are losing.

I am sure if it was 3-2 to Boro 10 minutes would not be added at the end and it wouldn't have happened last season with no fans there.

I have never forgotten the bad decisions given against us over previous decades at places like Old Trafford and Anfield by officials influenced by the crowd which has played a part in why we have only won once at both stadiums.
The perks of being a QPR fan - Report on 13:38 - Aug 20 with 788 viewsngbqpr

The reports have been 'must reads' for donkeys - but what I have loved in recent months (typified by this one), is the way you've gone "f**k it, if I wanna go off on a stream of consciousness / surrealist tangent, maybe several times in one report, it's my site so that's what I'm gonna do."

I especially marvel at the fact that you do that while still keeping a clear narrative / chronological structure to each report, and not missing one half chance / funny moment / crowd incident / referee's foible etc

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

The perks of being a QPR fan - Report on 16:02 - Aug 20 with 660 viewsMrSheen

The perks of being a QPR fan - Report on 12:18 - Aug 20 by ManinBlack

A terrific report in keeping with a terrific game.

The time added on at the end to me is an indication of how match officials are affected by crowds. Boro had 22,000 noisy fans and therefore the ref feels obliged to add excessive time on because they are losing.

I am sure if it was 3-2 to Boro 10 minutes would not be added at the end and it wouldn't have happened last season with no fans there.

I have never forgotten the bad decisions given against us over previous decades at places like Old Trafford and Anfield by officials influenced by the crowd which has played a part in why we have only won once at both stadiums.

Would also explain why Liverpool lost so often at home last season.
The perks of being a QPR fan - Report on 16:52 - Aug 20 with 602 viewsQPRMendoza

Smashing read Clive! Thank you.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024