Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? 10:43 - Feb 29 with 9674 viewsTheBlob

So when was it and who were we up against?Did it affect the result?
Probably the loudest I remember,back in the mists of time when we were pressing for the title and we played Arsenal,just shaded it.Incredible noise.

But then I'm an over - nostalgic Old Kunt.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 13:50 - Feb 29 with 2766 viewswhittocksRs

Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 13:08 - Feb 29 by YorkRanger

yes re Cisse goal. Was in Ellerslie Rd that day and it went completely mental

When the Cisse goal went in I couldn't hear anything but a wall of noise in the Upper Loft.
Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 13:58 - Feb 29 with 2750 viewsqprphil

Agree that way back when we were pushing for the title, the noise from every part of the ground, RANGERS, RANGERS, RANGERS. I cant remember any specific games, but it was very regular. But then again I am like The Blob..............................
Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 14:14 - Feb 29 with 2706 viewsheadhoops

Oldham, Chelsea and Palace as previously mentioned. Liverpool at home in the first leg of the milk cup semi final in 86 - the return leg 2-2 was as loud as I can remember us on our travels.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 14:16 - Feb 29 with 2699 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 14:14 - Feb 29 by headhoops

Oldham, Chelsea and Palace as previously mentioned. Liverpool at home in the first leg of the milk cup semi final in 86 - the return leg 2-2 was as loud as I can remember us on our travels.

The noise at Anfield was due to the fact we won the Milk/League Cup that night!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 14:16 - Feb 29 with 2698 viewsted_hendrix

It has to be the Oldham game, Chris Day's save in the dying seconds was just unbelievable, it had 'goal' written all over It, the noise in the lower loft was ridiculous during the last 5 minutes, you could just about hear that Woman every couple of minutes shouting "have him-fcking have him"
The chelshit game was more than a laugh watching Matta going to pieces, having said that the noise was getting louder as we realised that we might just beat these bastards after all.
I'd have to add the Liverpool game in the last 15 minutes or so when again it suddenly dawned on our players and us that hang on we might just might beat these so and so's.
And of course we did, sometimes our home crowd can get the final goal themselves.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 14:45 - Feb 29 with 2663 viewsTheChef

Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 13:36 - Feb 29 by BasingstokeR

Was that the one where he apparently sent off Jermaine McSporran (great name) for nothing other than looking slightly (and that's a leap) like Danny Senda?

Well remembered! It featured Rob Styles, so of course there were red cards, although somehow he didn't manage to send off a QPR player.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/1730604.stm

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 15:00 - Feb 29 with 2647 viewsBostonR

Any of the games towards the end of the season we almost won the title. I remember seeing thousands locked out at the Arsenal game - great memories and what a team. A couple of memorable games include 1-1 draw with Chelsea in the late 80's , 6-0 drubbing of Chelsea, 2-2 v Liverpool in the Cup, 2-0 v Arsenal in the FA cup and of course Oldham.
Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 15:12 - Feb 29 with 2627 viewstimcocking

Definitely affects the result! Very difficult to win at Loftus road when the crowd are up for it.
Login to get fewer ads

Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 15:14 - Feb 29 with 2624 viewsquickpassrotter

Oldham. Never ever known an atmosphere in Loftus Road like it.

Although that Chelsea match, and the Wigan play-off were quite amazing.
Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 15:20 - Feb 29 with 2611 viewskarlski

As already mentioned, Oldham was another level, with special mention to the Chelsea and Wigan games already discussed. That Liverpool win when the winner went in also rolls around the eardrums from time to time.

I do remember a game at home against Crewe in the same season as Oldham, where we needed a point to secure playoff place but 3 points to keep in the auto hunt, and where a win would have put Crewe up automatically...someone will correct me if i've got the context slightly wrong, but the game finished 0-0 after we were reduced to 9 men with a good half an hour to go or so. Given no goals were scored, the noise from then sticks in the mind, the players working their socks off not to lose and the crowd roaring them on...and eviscerating Andy Hall whenever he blew his whistle. Definitely believe the crowd helped the players keep going. As it turned out the point ended up being enough for Crewe as Bristol City lost to Chesterfield, but they were going for the win all guns blazing and we held out.
Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 15:24 - Feb 29 with 2606 viewsFDC

Chelsea for me, wasn't at the Oldham game though. The thing I always remember about the Chelsea game was, being sat in B block I was pretty much in line with the Chelsea back four during the first half and you good see the hostility getting to them right from kick off. Epic.
Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 16:01 - Feb 29 with 2543 viewsessextaxiboy

I know we have all watched it .Chokes you up every time . We had no millionaires just this.

Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 16:12 - Feb 29 with 2526 viewsrrrspricey

For noise plus hostility got to be against scum when Mata cacked himself so much he refused to take a corner
Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 16:22 - Feb 29 with 2516 viewswombat

Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 16:12 - Feb 29 by rrrspricey

For noise plus hostility got to be against scum when Mata cacked himself so much he refused to take a corner

chelsea then oldham
chelsea was pure utter hatred mata had 3 corners on the spin refused to take the 4th then went off not long after with a shoulder injury or a seepage issue with his pants.

Oldham pure emotional joy, panic, you name it all thrown into the last 5 mins when daisy made that save feck me never known anything like it , I remember holding my breath at the start of the move for furlongs goal

one blast from the past was the newcastle 5- 5 all game even at half time a few hardy soles thought we arent dead in this , when we equalised for the umpteeth time I cleared the wall of ellerslie in one fell jump ( i was skinnier and fitter then)

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 16:38 - Feb 29 with 2491 viewsextratimeR

Great matches mentioned here, have to agree Oldham was special, night game, fans knew it was in our hands, and great carryover from away leg, and televised back to Loftus Road, but for pure we will get you a point, the Crewe home game, when I think Robb Stiles sent off two Rs and we still survived.

Must mention Villa away 1967? And Ipswich weeks before, but for pure Zombie numbing noise Chelsea, ( two off etc), 5.00 kick off.
Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 16:39 - Feb 29 with 2323 viewsPunteR

Yeh Oldham. It was my first game for years.Went for a beer after work with a mate and after a few sherbets decided to go up and watch the game. Got hooked again. Bit like smoking crack, chasing that first buzz...
I never went to the Wigan playoff semi final but my mate said it was rocking at Loftus road. Looked it on tv. Worth a shout?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 16:46 - Feb 29 with 2311 viewsextratimeR

Yes, we knew if we did the Oldham thing again, we could win it.
We did.
Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 16:55 - Feb 29 with 2280 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Oldham, I can hear that roar now.
[Post edited 29 Feb 2016 16:57]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 17:17 - Feb 29 with 2248 viewsTheBlob

There have been times when the decibels were too much for some of the oppo players.
We got at Tony Hateley so much one time all he could do was gob at the dear patrons in The Loft.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 17:17 - Feb 29 with 2247 viewsextratimeR

Plymouth?

I think this was the year of the Cardiff Final,

They turned up, top of the table, full house, and I think Kevin Gallen dispatched them, ( one of his finest games).

Wonderful atmosphere that day, and they might perhaps have been the better side.
Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 17:40 - Feb 29 with 2215 viewsQPR1882

Away team

1973/4 last game of the season at home to Leeds Utd ( Leeds won 1-0 ) Leeds fans turned up in there thousands ( I remember most had big yellow flags ) the atmosphere that day was the best in any game I have been to since.

Home team

Closest I have ever know to the Leeds game was the Oldham game
Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 18:41 - Feb 29 with 2153 viewsMonkey

Agree with all the Oldham and Chelsea votes. The reaction to Furlong's goal the noisiest I've ever experienced but the relentless barrage of hatred to Chelsea that afternoon was something very special!
Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 18:51 - Feb 29 with 2141 viewsR_from_afar

Some great memories on here and I agree that the Oldham game was phenomenally noisy. I was in Ellerslie Road and was quite surprised the stand didn't collapse.

I always remember QPR 2 Man Citeh 3 fondly. We gave Citeh the fright of their lives, opening the scoring (the first team to do that against them away from home that season I believe) and coming within the width of a post of snatching a point. They scored a stunning breakaway goal, with Silva at the peak of his powers. I think Dzeko said it was the hardest game of their season up until that point. The ground was an absolute bearpit, a cauldron of noise and bristling with hostility when Citeh had the ball. It was like Rangers had 13 players, not 12 that night....

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 19:32 - Feb 29 with 2100 viewsGetMeRangers

Always difficult to call, when you spent your time on the terraces, and for that reason, it has to be Palace at home in the Cup. The three league games in EL Tel time of Fulham, Wolves and Leeds. all of whom had promotion hopes, were also excellent, when the paddocks were terracing. Ground heaving and the tension, not only from the importance of the results but also the visiting fans reputations (Leeds and Wolves) along with the local derby with the Fools... just something else

Since seats, it has to be Chelscum at home. Missed the Oldham game
Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 19:39 - Feb 29 with 2084 viewsMedwayR

Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 18:51 - Feb 29 by R_from_afar

Some great memories on here and I agree that the Oldham game was phenomenally noisy. I was in Ellerslie Road and was quite surprised the stand didn't collapse.

I always remember QPR 2 Man Citeh 3 fondly. We gave Citeh the fright of their lives, opening the scoring (the first team to do that against them away from home that season I believe) and coming within the width of a post of snatching a point. They scored a stunning breakaway goal, with Silva at the peak of his powers. I think Dzeko said it was the hardest game of their season up until that point. The ground was an absolute bearpit, a cauldron of noise and bristling with hostility when Citeh had the ball. It was like Rangers had 13 players, not 12 that night....

RFA

I've read interviews with Mata & Javi Garcia where they were asked for their favourite English grounds and both included Loftus Road in their favourites, that tells you something.

Poll: Who’s better?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024