Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rob Green 16:44 - Dec 26 with 8593 viewsTheBlob

Merry Christmas but you forgot to gift wrap the presents.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Rob Green on 23:51 - Dec 26 with 991 viewsQPRDave

Rob Green on 23:46 - Dec 26 by YorkRanger

It wasn't confident keeping and he should have been stronger, but 9 times out of 10 a free kick will be given for that.

This ......and thats what rankles we're the 1 time out of 10 its not given
Rob Green on 23:57 - Dec 26 with 965 viewsWatfordR

Rob Green on 23:51 - Dec 26 by QPRDave

Think there's a bit of paranoia creeping in here. Have a look at the foul on Citeh's Zabaleta tonight on MotD, and the ensuing consequences.

I dont doubt the top 6 get more decisions than the rest, but that means we are one of the remaining 14 that get dicked in the same way regularly.

There's got to be more desire and determination than Rob Green showed today. If our players do their job well enough often enough, poor decisions by officials here and there wouldnt matter.
Rob Green on 00:03 - Dec 27 with 953 viewsRanger78

Agreed.

I believe you make your own luck.

Green looked like a schoolboy for the 2nd goal
Rob Green on 00:37 - Dec 27 with 895 viewsLblock

Rob "fcuking" Green summed up our whole season there in one nanosecond

A Clueless Hughes signing
Weak
No backbone
No desire to get there first
Didn't look overly bothered afterwards
Conspired to his own downfall
But will always leave you thinking there may be a glimmer of something there

I'm so glad I opted for a great day with the family today, these gutless fcukers make me sick

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Rob Green on 01:15 - Dec 27 with 874 viewsTheBlob

Tell you what,it don't give one an awful lot of pleasure in being right(imo),I'd rather be wrong, take an earful of dog's abuse and get the points back.But sadly it ain't going to happen,maybe something can be learned from this mess.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Rob Green on 04:49 - Dec 27 with 840 viewstimcocking

Rob Green on 17:42 - Dec 26 by QPR1882

HE STEPPED BACK OVER HIS OWN LINE

WHAT GAME WERE YOU WATCHING, HE WAS BACKED INTO THE GOAL

Any reason you like the caps lock on? Just wondering.
Rob Green on 05:06 - Dec 27 with 838 viewsMelakaRanger

Excuses!

Bottom line is that a decent keeper would have stood his ground, been strong and commanded his area. He would also have made sure he punched the ball.

Green is part of our problem, he is not part of our solution.
Rob Green on 05:19 - Dec 27 with 836 viewsqprmick

Rob Green on 20:23 - Dec 26 by karlski

I think it easily could have been given as a foul.

But that doesn't excuse the fact that Green wasn't strong enough and then made a bizarre decision to flap the ball back into his own net. He got a hand to it, so why couldn't that hand be shaped like a fist and aiming forward, rather than a palm aiming backwards? Or why didn't he go with two hands?

Regardless of the referee it's a poor piece of keeping. I am still livid though it wasn't given as a foul because for my money he's definitely backing in.

You are pretty much unbalanced when someone sticks his arse into you. Jeez you people on here are a poor excuse for supporters. If he had smacked the tw at in the back of the head he would probably have given a penalty and sent Rob Green off.

Qprmick

Login to get fewer ads

Rob Green on 05:28 - Dec 27 with 834 viewshoopdog

Rob Green on 17:27 - Dec 26 by QPR1882

I'D LOVE NORTH TO BRING UP ALL THE POSTS IN THE LAST WEEK OR SO PRAISING GREEN FOR COMING OFF HIS LINE UNLIKE CEASER.

Haven't read all the posts on this , but I'd like to know what you're complaining about people praising Green when he has the odd good game any player who has a good game deserves praise he was at fault for the 2nd goal he's a big lad and should man up in situations .Green let the side down everybody else had a descent game SWP and Ferdinand included all out field players gave a good workrate
Rob Green on 08:01 - Dec 27 with 814 viewswood_hoop

Rob Green on 23:51 - Dec 26 by QPRDave

I was in the lower school end stand, right behind the goal and first thoughts were Green was extremly weak in dealing with the situation, watched the replays and maybe many refs would have blown for a foul, but then plenty complain keepers are over protected, maybe its 'sods law' when your in the sh** these are the decisions that go against you.
Rob Green on 10:15 - Dec 27 with 760 viewsHollowayRanger

Rob Green on 22:31 - Dec 26 by 08olesen

i find this slightly funny. a few days ago people were saying cesar can go along with bosigwa and rob green is a good keeper and should be our number one. Rubbish! green makes too many costly mistakes, and people say he commands his box, didnt see much of that from where i was sitting! Cesar all the way for me.

i didnt want either of them

i would have tried for robinson or failing that id have took a risk on craig gordon who was on a free

and i certainly dont want either of them here next season as bith too expensive for the championship

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Rob Green on 10:33 - Dec 27 with 743 viewsR_from_afar

Rob Green on 10:15 - Dec 27 by HollowayRanger

i didnt want either of them

i would have tried for robinson or failing that id have took a risk on craig gordon who was on a free

and i certainly dont want either of them here next season as bith too expensive for the championship

For me, it was a clear foul. The WBA player blocked Green off then backed in a bit. Subtle, but still a foul. I do think Green could’ve been stronger but we have all seen “goals” chalked off for far less. Last week, even.

I’m surprised that it took until the third page for someone to mention how poor the team was and the saves Green made in the game, but then we seem to have got into the habit of looking for individual scapegoats. The ‘keeper needs his defence and the defensive midfielders to help him out, but we forget that so often. It’s a team game and our team is shocking. We were second best all game.

The Traore header went straight up and could well have gone in had Green not batted it into our net. Green backed into the net because the ball was dropping into it. Being behind the ball gives him the best chance of hooking it out, well, at least in theory.

I’m not sure anyone would’ve save the first one. Sometimes a goal is scored and it’s simply a great shot.

I do think Cesar is the better 'keeper but bear in mind that Green has done OK in at least some games and we do need a back-up for Cesar, who is not infallible himself.

Someone mentioned consistency on this thread and for me, this is the big issue with the officials. If officials, as they now seem to be, decide where on the ultra-lenient to ultra-strict scale they are going to be on a game by game basis, as seems to be happening, then that is unacceptable. Relegation Candidate A gets away with one in their game but the ref in Relegation Candidate B’s game is strict and the absence of leniency could work in their favour. How is that fair? Poor.

The main issue for QPR remains that Rangers are in a sorry state. Some players have attitude problems, most aren’t good enough anyway, and our squad is thin. We have dug ourselves a very deep hole. We need a striker, a CB and a defensive midfielder to beef up the team and give some of those who are coasting the incentive they need to put in some real effort.

One last thing: Some players need to spend a lot of time practising basics.

Shooting
Crossing
Marking
Taking set pieces.

We are simply terrible at these things, bad enough to have a League One manager shaking his head in dismay. It is not acceptable for highly paid players to be so poor at these basics and we are paying the price. Our inability to master those skills is letting the opposition off the hook week in week out.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Rob Green on 10:45 - Dec 27 with 734 viewsZolton

Hi QPR fans, West Brom fan in peace, I was interested in reading your views on the 2nd goal, seems they are more mixed than 'arry's, no doubt it could have been given as a foul, it often would be, but initially Green pushes Fortuné to make himself space(is that a foul?), then Green steps back over his own line, Fortuné then sticks his backside out to keep Green where he is, over the line, Green then feebly jumps and flaps the ball into his own goal.
It could have been given as a foul, but on balance, it wasn't and the officials got it right.
Rob Green on 10:53 - Dec 27 with 726 viewsPinnerPaul

Rob Green on 20:11 - Dec 26 by THEBUSH

Don't matter who the keeper was, it was a foul, FOY got it wrong, ref's make mistakes like anyone else !!

This
Rob Green on 10:55 - Dec 27 with 723 viewsPinnerPaul

Rob Green on 00:37 - Dec 27 by Lblock

Rob "fcuking" Green summed up our whole season there in one nanosecond

A Clueless Hughes signing
Weak
No backbone
No desire to get there first
Didn't look overly bothered afterwards
Conspired to his own downfall
But will always leave you thinking there may be a glimmer of something there

I'm so glad I opted for a great day with the family today, these gutless fcukers make me sick

You didn't see him go over and argue with the ref after the match then?!
Rob Green on 11:05 - Dec 27 with 709 viewsTHEBUSH

Rob Green on 10:45 - Dec 27 by Zolton

Hi QPR fans, West Brom fan in peace, I was interested in reading your views on the 2nd goal, seems they are more mixed than 'arry's, no doubt it could have been given as a foul, it often would be, but initially Green pushes Fortuné to make himself space(is that a foul?), then Green steps back over his own line, Fortuné then sticks his backside out to keep Green where he is, over the line, Green then feebly jumps and flaps the ball into his own goal.
It could have been given as a foul, but on balance, it wasn't and the officials got it right.

But you would say that, why wouldn't you !!
Rob Green on 11:07 - Dec 27 with 706 viewsngbqpr

Rob Green on 10:45 - Dec 27 by Zolton

Having seen it on MOTD (impossible to tell from my seat), got to agree with our Baggie visitor

Once RG made the bizarre decision to stand a foot behind his line, it became pretty difficult to call it as a foul - Fortune sticks his arse out again - but Rob ain't there

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Rob Green on 11:19 - Dec 27 with 695 viewsTHEBUSH

In defense of Rob Green our centre backs did nothing to help him with Fortune, they should have done something, anything, to get him away from RG !!
Can you see Stokes centre backs letting anyone muscle their keeper out of position, we're so unprofessional, it's effing unbelievable.
Rob Green on 11:19 - Dec 27 with 694 viewsR_from_afar

Zolton, you must be loving the season your team are having, I am envious!

I still think it was a foul, Green was impeded, but the bigger issue is we simply did not do enough to win the game, as is now customary.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Rob Green on 11:49 - Dec 27 with 672 viewsSussexR

Foul or no foul (personally I dont think it was, Green retreated over the line himself and allowed Fortune the space to take up his place on the line)

We are cack. We have a limp wristed goalkeeper, a defence that cant defend as a unit, a midfield that falls asleep and fails to track the opposition and doesnt support the attacks, and a front line that runs hard (Mackie), that doesnt know the offised rule (Cisse) and that dont work together.

All in all after travelling 2.5 hours to the game and another 2.5 hours back, it seems pointless arguing over was it a foul. WBA were far superior to us and deserved the points. I really cant see how we will stay up.

Thanks Mark Hughes.

I'll still be there on Sunday though, coz thats what Rangers fans do, support the team, even if we are cack.
Rob Green on 12:18 - Dec 27 with 649 viewsSomersetHoops

Return to form for Green - both goals were GK errors. How can he be effective when he chooses to be two foot behind his line and allows an attacker to stand on the line in front of him? How can he miss a 30 yard shot along the ground when he has a clear view of it? Harry wants to blame the ref for the second and although some refs would say he was impeded it was 90% Green being a pathetic wimp.

Who's Next?

Rob Green on 12:24 - Dec 27 with 644 viewsQPR_John

Have just seen MoD now to me it is clear. Fortuna clearly adopts a position, knees bent, as if he is about to sit down, he is not simply standing in front of Green. If Green was not there Fortuna would have fell, it is the only possible outcome from his position, hence he is backing into Green and the only outcome is a foul to the keeper. Now you can criticise Green all you like and he could have been stronger but it was a foul by the West Brom player
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Rob Green on 12:28 - Dec 27 with 631 viewsNorthernr

second goal was poor goalkeeping from a poor goalkeeper. He started two yards behind his own line and Fortune just stood his ground. Dreadful positioning to begin with and then a total flap at the ball. Park standard.
Rob Green on 12:28 - Dec 27 with 627 viewsQPunkR

Rob Green on 12:24 - Dec 27 by QPR_John

Have just seen MoD now to me it is clear. Fortuna clearly adopts a position, knees bent, as if he is about to sit down, he is not simply standing in front of Green. If Green was not there Fortuna would have fell, it is the only possible outcome from his position, hence he is backing into Green and the only outcome is a foul to the keeper. Now you can criticise Green all you like and he could have been stronger but it was a foul by the West Brom player
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Yep, this

QPR - "shit but local"

Rob Green on 12:32 - Dec 27 with 618 viewsQPR_John

Rob Green on 12:28 - Dec 27 by Northernr

second goal was poor goalkeeping from a poor goalkeeper. He started two yards behind his own line and Fortune just stood his ground. Dreadful positioning to begin with and then a total flap at the ball. Park standard.

Would agree with you if Fortuna had in fact just stood his ground but in fact he did not unless you think bending the knees and falling back as if to sit down is standing your ground.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024