Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) 22:42 - Nov 4 with 3908 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

My day began a Rochdale Station i got the train to Manchester Victoria then jumped on what i though were the Bolton train were i accidentally ended up in Swinton were i had to go a stop back on myself ending up back at Salford crescent were i got the train to Bolton then changed again at Preston were i bumped into Rochdale i eventually got the train to Lancaster we had a drinks stop at the station were they were doing an offer on cans 2 for £4 or 1 for £2.75 then i had a view of Lancaster City ground from the massive field which i didn't enter as the train were leaving Lancaster at 1ish on the Lancaster train there were great atmosphere we ended up going to a pub called the station what was near after a walk through the Market what were a tinpot version of Blackpool

We ended up getting a taxi to the ground even though i requested a mini-bus at the bar then i got to the globe arena wasn't that taken away by the new constructed ground it looked kinda plastic at half time i ended up getting probably one of the worst pies ever the away end stunk atleast at Christie Road it were clean. Second Half were interesting after Donnelly scored a cracking goal to equalize it went mental during the second half the singers gave into there none joining strike and we got a cracking yellow army atmosphere going in the terrace

I couldn't get very good shots as the ground were around dark spots shaded by the stand's just like Colchester and Chesterfield but the sky were Amazing

I got the train back an hour after kick off then ended up on a train with rochdale fans in a mixed mood over the result then when got back into Lancaster saw Lancaster City's Giant Axe as floodlight were still on popped down to the ground before getting train to Preston on the way back on the Preston Train as soon as we hit Horwich Parkway were the train was taken over by Bolton Wanderers fans who just seen their team beta Cardiff City at the Reebok stadium i got talking to a couple before they got off at Bolton explained i were a Rochdale Fans and that i were traveling back after we drew 1-1 i eventually got to Salford Crescent were i changed for a direct train to Manchester Victoria as i didn't need to go Manchester Pic or Manchester Oxford Road i eventually got into Manchester Victoria for 8ish then ended up getting the train to Rochdale

I hope you all stay tuned for next segment Port Vale Away

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) on 16:26 - Nov 5 with 1087 viewsjudd

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) on 16:19 - Nov 5 by dingdangblue

I think they were all pissed - after taking up the 2 for £4 can offer.

In that case they should attend a meeting of Alcoholics Unanimous.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) on 16:53 - Nov 5 with 1045 viewsD_Dale

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) on 14:23 - Nov 5 by blackpoolcol

I am sick to death of the "voice of Rochdale fans", what with the "Rochdale Fans United" rubbish he was spouting, this "fans robot" shite and general ignorrance of the world.

Perhaps if we had a society that told people to get off their collective arses and get on in life rather than pandering to them - jeez, a full state education and 5 years of college and still can not spell (or at least use a spell checker) and wants to be a journalist - but wants people to run to him to offer the job rather than do someething about it. The "why should I get in debt" referring to getting proper qualifications is one of the symptoms of broken Britain - I want it so it should be mine.

I want to be an astronaut but by sitting at home practising by setting off the odd firework and reading books on space wont get me there - oh hang on, it NASA on the phone, got to run!

" ... can not spell (or at least use a spell checker)": taking your own advice would have avoided "general ignorrance" and "do someething about it". And if "collective arses" there's no need for the plural form.

Thanks for recommending the "Lost Boyos" blog, though its report of the visit to Spotland contained a few grammatical and other errors.
Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) on 17:11 - Nov 5 with 1026 viewsboffley

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) on 16:53 - Nov 5 by D_Dale

" ... can not spell (or at least use a spell checker)": taking your own advice would have avoided "general ignorrance" and "do someething about it". And if "collective arses" there's no need for the plural form.

Thanks for recommending the "Lost Boyos" blog, though its report of the visit to Spotland contained a few grammatical and other errors.

I would beg to differ with your analysis in that having used the possessive pronoun "their" then the noun "arses" must be in the plural as the epithet "collective" does not in grammar have the ability to be made plural.

Likewise by commencing a sentence with a conjunction "And," the basic classic rules of grammar are being ignored.

Yes I am being pedantic. However, "those in glass houses, stones, etc".
Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) on 18:00 - Nov 5 with 980 viewsfermin

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) on 17:11 - Nov 5 by boffley

I would beg to differ with your analysis in that having used the possessive pronoun "their" then the noun "arses" must be in the plural as the epithet "collective" does not in grammar have the ability to be made plural.

Likewise by commencing a sentence with a conjunction "And," the basic classic rules of grammar are being ignored.

Actually, there is nothing grammatically wrong with starting a sentence with a conjunction:

http://oxforddictionaries.com/words/conjunctions

It might be classic proscriptive grammar to avoid doing so, but it is not really incorrect. The same goes for split infinitives.
Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) on 18:43 - Nov 5 with 945 viewsD_Dale

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) on 17:11 - Nov 5 by boffley

But (oops, you might say) am I in a glass house? In various posts I've made errors, yet don't believe I've also preened myself on the accuracy of my English or presumed to lecture others on their carelessness. I regard referring to your slips more of a case of suggesting pots should beware of calling kettles black.

As for the sentence "Perhaps if we had a society that told people to get off their collective arses and get on in life rather than pandering to them - " would it not make more sense without the word "collective"?
Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) on 18:45 - Nov 5 with 944 viewsG_Dale

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) on 14:46 - Nov 5 by DaleAwaydayBot

it were a Sports Photographer (Mainly Football) actually not a Sports Journalist what you'll all assuming anyhow things never change but as stated can't wait to prove you all wrong

Your after being a sports photographer? No offence but the ones posted above are terrible. I would imagine sports publications don't want to print or pay for photos of empty stands in the dark, photos of a cross bar surrounded by darkness, etc. fair play for going to the time and effort of taking and uploading them though

Poll: Dale player. Do you use it?

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) on 18:57 - Nov 5 with 931 viewsphomem

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) on 16:01 - Nov 5 by dingdangblue

Of course there's a match report! The bit where Donnelly scored our equaliser.

Oh was that it!
Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) on 19:43 - Nov 5 with 901 viewsFondles

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) on 13:14 - Nov 5 by blackpoolcol

"We ended up getting a taxi to the ground even though i requested a mini-bus at the bar then i got to the globe arena wasn't that taken away by the new constructed ground it looked kinda plastic at half time i ended up getting probably one of the worst pies ever the away end stunk atleast at Christie Road it were clean."

The away end has not been used the last few games and is "well ventilated", perhaps you should look at yourself with the "stunk" comments as well as checking your facts (if you were a journalist you would need to do this - it was Christie Park).

You really are a sad pathetic little creature thinking you are something when you are not. If you want to see a way in which to do a proper "review" then I would recomend you read something on the lines of http://lostboyos.wordpress.com/category/lost-in/

a recent review of Rochdale is on there as is one for Saturday - print your "effort" and print his, put them next to each other and realise that you are far from being a "sports journalist".

Too many people tell you that "oh yes, thats great" when it is just s41t as they do not want to be called bullies. Well I am not a bully, I just tell the truth. Get out of your fantasy world and get on with your life. Find something you can actually do!

That'll teach you to go disrepecting the Morecambe pies again Tazzy lar.

These reviews are like a cartoon in Viz magazine. Wonder what it would be called if it was?
Login to get fewer ads

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) on 19:46 - Nov 5 with 892 viewsjudd

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) on 18:00 - Nov 5 by fermin

Actually, there is nothing grammatically wrong with starting a sentence with a conjunction:

http://oxforddictionaries.com/words/conjunctions

It might be classic proscriptive grammar to avoid doing so, but it is not really incorrect. The same goes for split infinitives.

If you are going to really annoy anyone to almost tear their hair to a shred then I would wish woefully wanton alliteration upon undeserving usurpers.

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) on 19:49 - Nov 5 with 889 viewsTVOS1907

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) on 19:43 - Nov 5 by Fondles

That'll teach you to go disrepecting the Morecambe pies again Tazzy lar.

These reviews are like a cartoon in Viz magazine. Wonder what it would be called if it was?

Tazzy the Fish?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) on 20:04 - Nov 5 with 877 viewsFondles

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) on 19:49 - Nov 5 by TVOS1907

Tazzy the Fish?

Gotta be - http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_Misunderstanding
Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) on 20:07 - Nov 5 with 872 viewsFondles

Actually - terry f uckwitt outa viz would be better
Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) on 20:13 - Nov 5 with 865 viewsjudd

Shirker Bee

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) on 20:40 - Nov 5 with 840 viewsyorkshirefan

Does anyone know whether any of these Tazzy related threads have gone viral in the same way as the recent car meet thread for the terminally Ill Subaru owner's son, the soapy t*t w@nk thread, or the season ticket holder didnt need to book his seat for a big game (or summat) a couple of years ago?

Assuming Tazz isn't the biggest Troll since Shrek's great grandad, there is some genuine comedy gold on here that think deserves a bigger audience
Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) on 20:44 - Nov 5 with 828 viewsboffley

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) on 18:43 - Nov 5 by D_Dale

But (oops, you might say) am I in a glass house? In various posts I've made errors, yet don't believe I've also preened myself on the accuracy of my English or presumed to lecture others on their carelessness. I regard referring to your slips more of a case of suggesting pots should beware of calling kettles black.

As for the sentence "Perhaps if we had a society that told people to get off their collective arses and get on in life rather than pandering to them - " would it not make more sense without the word "collective"?

No preening at all. I was just being pedantic as I explained.

I am genuinely puzzled by your post that you don't believe you presumed to lecture others on their carelessness. I thought your post to Blackpoolcol did just that concerning the use of a spell checker and the use of the word "arses" in the plural.

I'm not sure what you mean by my slips. I did explain that I was referring to classic rules of grammar.

If you leave out the word collective then "arses" is definitely correct since they belong to people in the plural. It would be difficult for people (plural) to share one arse.!
Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) on 20:47 - Nov 5 with 822 viewsjudd

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) on 20:44 - Nov 5 by boffley

I am genuinely puzzled by your post that you don't believe you presumed to lecture others on their carelessness. I thought your post to Blackpoolcol did just that concerning the use of a spell checker and the use of the word "arses" in the plural.

I'm not sure what you mean by my slips. I did explain that I was referring to classic rules of grammar.

If you leave out the word collective then "arses" is definitely correct since they belong to people in the plural. It would be difficult for people (plural) to share one arse.!

You clearly haven't met any catholic priests/BBC DJs/Former Mps then*

*Not the same person disclaimer

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) on 20:47 - Nov 5 with 822 viewsFondles

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) on 20:44 - Nov 5 by boffley

Try telling that to Michael Barrymore
Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) on 20:50 - Nov 5 with 811 viewsjudd

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) on 20:47 - Nov 5 by Fondles

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) on 20:51 - Nov 5 with 808 viewsboffley

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) on 20:47 - Nov 5 by Fondles

Classic! LOL
Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) on 21:22 - Nov 5 with 778 viewsdalenumber2

Seems like Tazzy has touched a nerve! Pity you are taking it so seriously, it's a bit of fun and I also enjoy reading the 'reviews'.
Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) on 22:37 - Nov 5 with 732 viewsphomem

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) on 21:22 - Nov 5 by dalenumber2

Seems like Tazzy has touched a nerve! Pity you are taking it so seriously, it's a bit of fun and I also enjoy reading the 'reviews'.

I don't think it's touch a nerve more like despair
Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) on 22:58 - Nov 5 with 711 viewsAtThePeake

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) on 21:22 - Nov 5 by dalenumber2

To be honest, Tazzy has touched a nerve.

When Tazzy said he'd 'settle' for a job that I am working so hard towards trying to achieve, I actually found it arrogant, obnoxious, and a bit offensive.

For him to suggest he would settle for this job, without putting any work in, whilst I am spending a load of money and a load of time trying to achieve this aim, I think is ridiculous and it annoyed me greatly that he felt he would achieve this without any work whatsoever, whilst muggins here puts in loads of work.

Thankfully, I am fully aware that Tazzy will not get a job in this line of work. And no, he will not prove me wrong.

Tangled up in blue.

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) on 23:09 - Nov 5 with 688 viewsShun

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) on 20:40 - Nov 5 by yorkshirefan

Does anyone know whether any of these Tazzy related threads have gone viral in the same way as the recent car meet thread for the terminally Ill Subaru owner's son, the soapy t*t w@nk thread, or the season ticket holder didnt need to book his seat for a big game (or summat) a couple of years ago?

Assuming Tazz isn't the biggest Troll since Shrek's great grandad, there is some genuine comedy gold on here that think deserves a bigger audience

Or the infamous story of that threesome on the Newcastle message board a few years ago. Still can't find it!
Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) on 23:30 - Nov 5 with 670 viewsAtThePeake

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) on 23:09 - Nov 5 by Shun

Or the infamous story of that threesome on the Newcastle message board a few years ago. Still can't find it!

Bulldog!

Tangled up in blue.

Awayday Review: Morecambe (Lancashire) on 12:51 - Nov 6 with 540 viewsCrede

I think we all know ATP that if the oppertunity arrises, a prospective employer is going to look at all the uni/voluntary/website time and work you've put in, and it should put you amongst the final applicants, Tazzy's application would be filed under 'B' immediately.
I'd imagine it's a very hard line to get into, with more and more young sports fans/school leavers eyeing up as a job that they want to get in to

Alegedly Taz turned down a role at Raccy because he'd miss 'Dale games? He's doing exactly that now making some statement with the England U21's

It may not be as bad if Tazzy had a career whilst looking to further himself, and get into his chosen profession, then there is a back up plan, but the fact that he throws everything back into people's faces will indicate a life of being spoonfed (in my opinion)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024