Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On the back of the KL thread - Bali? 10:48 - Sep 7 with 976 viewsdubaistu

Heading to Bali in the middle of Sept, staying in Seminyak. Done some research on the net but interested to know of any hidden gems you guys may know of?

Cheers
On the back of the KL thread - Bali? on 11:29 - Sep 7 with 965 viewsHongKongR

My wife and I love Bali. Often go - and we were in Semenyak in July. Stayed at a fantastic private pool villa resort, and it was a slice of heaven: Villa Kubu. Check it out...

Semenyak is more cultural and quaint than Kuta, but the beaches are not as good - so the private pool was idyllic! If you haven't been to Bali before, I suggest you also go to Ubud (mountains area and beautiful area to drive to with lots of rice fields etc. + lots of traditional culture to explore and learn from and nice restaurants to enjoy). If you do go to Ubud, and can afford it stay at The Hanging Gardens resort. A climb up the volcano - Mount Batur, is also well worth it especially if you get a good sunset or sunrise (if you get up really early!).

Enjoy!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
On the back of the KL thread - Bali? on 23:36 - Sep 7 with 912 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

It depends what you are in to and how long you are staying for. The north is definitely a bit quieter and more cultural (not too full of Aussies) but can be a hassle to get to. I’d keep out of Kuta unless you’re 18.

I stayed with a friend who was living in Seminyak (just prior to the Bali bombing). I liked it but that was few years back now. If you like beaches I’d make the effort to get down to the Buket peninsula (see pic). There are some beautiful ones on the west coast from Padang Padang to Balangan (world class surf at that time of year as well). On the south tip is The Bali Cliff Resort which is a posh hotel but lets (let) in tourists to use the facilities — infinity pool with a view to behold. There is a glass lift that takes you right down to the beach. Temple and amazing sunsets at Uluwatu. (Watch out for monkeys)

As I mentioned my knowledge is probably a bit dated and also from a subjective surf perspective.

It's got to be Yarg

On the back of the KL thread - Bali? on 07:01 - Sep 8 with 886 viewsDWQPR

Stayed in Nusa Dua about 15 years ago at the Grand Hyatt. All I can say is that Bali must be the closest place to being heaven on earth. Beautiful island and beautiful, charming people.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

On the back of the KL thread - Bali? on 07:50 - Sep 8 with 876 viewsmiddlesexhoop

Try and get to ubud, it is very cultural, there is a monkey forest there and it is a lovely place. If you don't mind travelling for an hour get a boat to Nusa lembongan, a small island off Bali the snorkelling and diving there are the best I have ever seen, we stayed there overnight and it cost next to nothing and was well worth missing out on our hotel for a night. Kuta is just costa del sol for the Aussies, so probably not worth it tbh, oh and haggle your arse off when buying anything!
On the back of the KL thread - Bali? on 09:18 - Sep 8 with 858 views1MoreBrightonR

Although i wasn't a huge fan of bali (i was backpacking and found it too touristy), the nusa dua peninsula has some amazing beaches and is a nice place to stay, though it's starting to get more developed. The north is supposed to be very nice but we couldn't get their as the transport was out of our budget at the time. If you werent on our ridiculous budget or were on a holiday, it would be fine, we just weren't used to paces with big resorts at the time!

I second the Nusa Lemobongan recommendation...the beaches aren't amazing but it's a tiny, quiet peaceful island with some great diving. Really different to Bali. Also try and get to the Gili Islands...you can get a fast boat and be there in an hour. One of the nicer places i went to in 9 months of travelling.
On the back of the KL thread - Bali? on 09:19 - Sep 8 with 857 views1MoreBrightonR

PS

stay out of Kuta...nothing going for it at all...it's like a european package resort for Aussies.
On the back of the KL thread - Bali? on 18:17 - Sep 8 with 814 viewsdubaistu

cheers guys some great advice here and will seek that island out for some diving.

can't wait!
On the back of the KL thread - Bali? on 22:16 - Sep 8 with 786 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

I'd agree with Brighton about the Gili Islands (didn't realise you could get to them so quickly. We stopped off there on an ambling boat trip to Sumbawa)

Really beautiful, diving mecca, but great for just snorkelling if you don't want the diving hassle.

You lucky boy ...

It's got to be Yarg

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024