Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Carsley The Man For England ? 08:39 - Oct 11 with 1642 viewsSaintNick

Or is he another Russell Martin constantly searching for a new formation

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Is Carsley The Man For England ? on 08:51 - Oct 11 with 1601 viewssaintwizzler

Rumours abound that Russell is going to play himself on Sunday at St Mary’s in the Quarterback role.
If his knee lasts the 90 he is playing against Leicester.

Rumours of Neil Shipperley playing with himself are FALSE.

Hopefully Captain Jack gets on the grass for some much needed game time as he continues his comeback into the starting XI as a Left Back/Central Midfield/Right Wing hybrid.

Should be an exciting afternoon.

Ulrich van Gobbel is donating 10% from each car sale he makes from his pop up showroom by The. Northam Fanzone to the event.

WE MARCH ON
BRING BACK RALPH

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Is Carsley The Man For England ? on 11:12 - Oct 11 with 1541 viewskingslandstand1

No. He clearly doesn't want the job and actually said looking forward to bring back with the U21's or along those lines
Is Carsley The Man For England ? on 11:18 - Oct 11 with 1538 viewsdirk_doone

Ivan Jovanović certainly gave him a football lesson last night. (If only Saints had a Serb owner maybe we could get him here).
[Post edited 11 Oct 11:20]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Is Carsley The Man For England ? on 11:26 - Oct 11 with 1518 viewskingolaf

No. Another clever so and so who thinks Is they have reinvented football.
Is Carsley The Man For England ? on 15:46 - Oct 11 with 1340 viewssledger

the good lord couldnt get this rabble to win a trophy
Is Carsley The Man For England ? on 23:03 - Oct 11 with 1157 viewsRon11

Is Carsley The Man For England ? on 11:26 - Oct 11 by kingolaf

No. Another clever so and so who thinks Is they have reinvented football.

And refuses to sing the National Anthem but likes to take the English money
Is Carsley The Man For England ? on 17:50 - Oct 12 with 907 viewsIfonly

Carsley failed this part of the audition, but I think the criticism goes too far because:

1) The main reason we lost was because the Greeks wanted it more than our players who seemed more interested in pretty flicks than creating danger. We absolutely failed to create anything like the number of chances that such "talent" should produce. Carsley gave the players the chance to show what they could do without the negative tactics of Southgate and they failed to take that chance. The number of times we gave away possession cheaply was ridiculous. Carsley is hardly the first England manager to see England players lacking motivation and playing poorly, particularly in nations league games.

2) Is the England manager allowed to experiment or not? If not, don't ever expect anything new. But if he's allowed to do it, then a nations league home game against Greece is about the best opportunity he'll ever get. I don't blame him for experimenting and because I'm an adult I know that experiments can fail.

3) I'm, not a fan of playing without a centre forward, I hope that it never happens again. But the main problem with the tactics was how open we were to counter attacks. Again though, that was the players fault for not doing their jobs. The plan was for the full backs to play narrow (Saka and Gordon provided width). I don't like the term but they were supposed to "invert" and form a 3 man defensive midfield trio along with Rice when we were in possession. With the 2 CBs behind, that should have worked. The reason it didn't work was because the full backs wandered off leaving empty space. No doubt they had licence to do some roaming, but the other midfielders failed to cover when that happened. I suspect the main problem here was a lack of preparation time.

All in all, circumstances worked against Carsley. He blotted his copybook here but I think it's too simplistic just to look at one poor performance and write him off based on that.
Is Carsley The Man For England ? on 08:40 - Oct 13 with 745 viewssaintwizzler

It was a glorified friendly which is what the Nations League is.

The real test starts in March with the World Cup Qualifiers which England should breeze through.

Still, England losing makes a lot of people happy.
Sadly a few so called Englishmen.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Login to get fewer ads

Is Carsley The Man For England ? on 10:41 - Oct 13 with 683 viewsCity_boy

I always hope England win, but must admit watching them is so tedious, whether under Carsley or Southgate.

We have some very talented and exciting players, but like Martin, England have a knack of sucking the life out of the game.
[Post edited 13 Oct 10:45]
Is Carsley The Man For England ? on 13:59 - Oct 13 with 617 viewssledger

Is Carsley The Man For England ? on 23:03 - Oct 11 by Ron11

yeh i noticed that
Is Carsley The Man For England ? on 15:19 - Oct 13 with 581 viewsBerber

Is Carsley The Man For England ? on 23:03 - Oct 11 by Ron11

Wes have had a couple of non English managers, and for the most part, fans were happy with them. At least Carsley comes from the British Isles and grew up in Birmingham.

Poll: How many wins this season sweepstake

Is Carsley The Man For England ? on 13:26 - Oct 15 with 344 viewsDorsetIan

After the Greece result, he can't be appointed.

Which is good, because he is neither good enough, nor experienced enough a manager to lead the national team.

The FA are going have to break the habit of a lifetime and appoint someone talented and successful.

Wouldn't it be nice if an England manager could actually use the considerable talent available to fashion a team that is even better than the sum of its parts. We so often get so much less.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Is Carsley The Man For England ? on 15:27 - Oct 15 with 284 viewsBazza

Is Carsley The Man For England ? on 13:26 - Oct 15 by DorsetIan

After the Greece result, he can't be appointed.

Which is good, because he is neither good enough, nor experienced enough a manager to lead the national team.

The FA are going have to break the habit of a lifetime and appoint someone talented and successful.

Wouldn't it be nice if an England manager could actually use the considerable talent available to fashion a team that is even better than the sum of its parts. We so often get so much less.

All good points.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024