Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'Martin Out' fans are clueless! 19:32 - Sep 23 with 3835 viewsLjames93

Anyone that wants Martin out needs their head checked.

- We're playing in the best league in the world. Any newly promoted team is likely to get relegated, it's a fact. Teams tipped to come 15th/16th such as Forest have a front four of Elanga, Gibbs-White, Hudson-Odoi and Wood.

- 7 of our 11 against Ipswich were considered new signings or at least new to our first team (Dibling). Again, newly promoted teams will always have more changed/disruptions to their squad. Relationships and understandings on the pitch take time, it doesn't happen after a game or two.

Martin gave us so much joy last season and staying up this season is going to be tough regardless of
A) The style of Play
B) The manager we have.

I personally think gradually adapting our style of play like we've done (Look at Ramsdale going long far more frequently than McCarthy against Newcastle), as well as quickly working out our best 11 will give us the best possible shot of staying up, which includes having RM at the helm.

The grass isn't always greener, we witnessed that last time we got relegated.

You need to wake up and acknowledge how hard this league is!
[Post edited 23 Sep 20:13]
'Martin Out' fans are clueless! on 19:41 - Sep 23 with 2435 viewssaintwizzler

It’s not down to us.
It’s down to the owners.
It’s a results based business.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

'Martin Out' fans are clueless! on 19:50 - Sep 23 with 2399 viewskingslandstand1

A bit heavy to say clueless but I can see where you are coming from. I'm really hoping you are proved correct and by Christmas we are not staring the R word at that time with some inevitability

The problem is therefore, if not with Martin, with the owners and the recruitment strategy/decision makers

As has been said many times, if the likes of Brighton, Brentford and Bournemouth are now deemed as Premiership mainstays, where has it gone wrong for us noting where we were not that long ago

We shouldn't just accept relegation as the norm when we get a promotion
'Martin Out' fans are clueless! on 19:51 - Sep 23 with 2392 viewskingslandstand1

'Martin Out' fans are clueless! on 19:41 - Sep 23 by saintwizzler

It’s not down to us.
It’s down to the owners.

Slightly more succinctly put that my essay!!
'Martin Out' fans are clueless! on 19:54 - Sep 23 with 2377 viewsLjames93

'Martin Out' fans are clueless! on 19:41 - Sep 23 by saintwizzler

It’s not down to us.
It’s down to the owners.

It is. But we've had 5 games. It's too early.
'Martin Out' fans are clueless! on 19:57 - Sep 23 with 2362 viewsButty101

Last season was pretty crap in reality. He had possibly the best squad and only managed 4th. Had we not squeaked past Leeds god knows what would of happened.

I’m trying to be positive this season but think he’s out of his debt. History says he can’t organize a defense

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

'Martin Out' fans are clueless! on 20:08 - Sep 23 with 2342 viewsLjames93

'Martin Out' fans are clueless! on 19:57 - Sep 23 by Butty101

Last season was pretty crap in reality. He had possibly the best squad and only managed 4th. Had we not squeaked past Leeds god knows what would of happened.

I’m trying to be positive this season but think he’s out of his debt. History says he can’t organize a defense

Last season was crap? The entitlement is crazy.

Leicester definitely had a better squad than us. Leeds will be saying they should have gone up and didn't.

Promotion was a success.
'Martin Out' fans are clueless! on 20:10 - Sep 23 with 2338 viewsLjames93

'Martin Out' fans are clueless! on 19:50 - Sep 23 by kingslandstand1

A bit heavy to say clueless but I can see where you are coming from. I'm really hoping you are proved correct and by Christmas we are not staring the R word at that time with some inevitability

The problem is therefore, if not with Martin, with the owners and the recruitment strategy/decision makers

As has been said many times, if the likes of Brighton, Brentford and Bournemouth are now deemed as Premiership mainstays, where has it gone wrong for us noting where we were not that long ago

We shouldn't just accept relegation as the norm when we get a promotion

"We shouldn't just accept relegation as the norm when we get a promotion"

Every fan of every promoted club will say this and show a bias front as a fan but the reality is it gets harder to stay up every year. It's just facts. Ask yourself who we have a better squad than? Not many.
'Martin Out' fans are clueless! on 20:25 - Sep 23 with 2284 views1teeminants

'Martin Out' fans are clueless! on 19:57 - Sep 23 by Butty101

Speak for yourself mate sorry . I thoroughly enjoyed last season and felt my money was well spent with a season ticket and travelling to 11 away games watching Saints . The feel good factor was back , winning matches, 25 games unbeaten a new record . I said in here last season I wasn’t bothered if we didn’t go up and I stand by that. I couldn’t care less if we become a yo yo club I even said to my son if we go down next season I’ll continue getting a season ticket if they stay up I’ll pick and choose my games. . I hate everything the premier league stands for. It’s a complete nonsense full of arrogant fans, managers, players and pundits who only care about the big clubs.
[Post edited 23 Sep 20:30]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Login to get fewer ads

'Martin Out' fans are clueless! on 20:33 - Sep 23 with 2244 viewsLjames93

'Martin Out' fans are clueless! on 20:25 - Sep 23 by 1teeminants

Speak for yourself mate sorry . I thoroughly enjoyed last season and felt my money was well spent with a season ticket and travelling to 11 away games watching Saints . The feel good factor was back , winning matches, 25 games unbeaten a new record . I said in here last season I wasn’t bothered if we didn’t go up and I stand by that. I couldn’t care less if we become a yo yo club I even said to my son if we go down next season I’ll continue getting a season ticket if they stay up I’ll pick and choose my games. . I hate everything the premier league stands for. It’s a complete nonsense full of arrogant fans, managers, players and pundits who only care about the big clubs.
[Post edited 23 Sep 20:30]

Love this! Agree mate, last year was great, I'd rather go down with RM and fight like hel with a manager that is everything this club should be about rather than appointing a short term manager that 'likely takes us down anyway
'Martin Out' fans are clueless! on 20:33 - Sep 23 with 2240 viewsPatfromPoole

'Martin Out' fans are clueless! on 20:10 - Sep 23 by Ljames93

"We shouldn't just accept relegation as the norm when we get a promotion"

Every fan of every promoted club will say this and show a bias front as a fan but the reality is it gets harder to stay up every year. It's just facts. Ask yourself who we have a better squad than? Not many.

Your opinion is no more valid or relevant than any other poster on here.

If you can’t handle the concept of a message board, perhaps it’s not the best forum for you.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

'Martin Out' fans are clueless! on 20:46 - Sep 23 with 2204 viewskingslandstand1

'Martin Out' fans are clueless! on 19:54 - Sep 23 by Ljames93

It is. But we've had 5 games. It's too early.

It is early, and remember we went 4 defeats followed by 25 unbeaten last season, but in the Championship
We've made plenty of new signings since then but other than 60 minute Lallana, where are the improvements to keep us up or are the owners looking to rely on the parachute payments predicting that we'll go straight back down again
'Martin Out' fans are clueless! on 21:03 - Sep 23 with 2121 viewsgrumpy

Strange,a first time poster if I am right comes on with such a statement.
'Martin Out' fans are clueless! on 21:10 - Sep 23 with 2106 viewsTripleNiemi

'Martin Out' fans are clueless! on 20:33 - Sep 23 by PatfromPoole

If you can’t handle the concept of a message board, perhaps it’s not the best forum for you.

Hear, hear

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

'Martin Out' fans are clueless! on 21:14 - Sep 23 with 2097 viewsTripleNiemi

[Post edited 23 Sep 21:20]

'Martin Out' fans are clueless! on 21:16 - Sep 23 with 2082 viewsTripleNiemi

'Martin Out' fans are clueless! on 21:03 - Sep 23 by grumpy

And no mention of biscuits….

'Martin Out' fans are clueless! on 21:20 - Sep 23 with 2049 viewsgrumpy

'Martin Out' fans are clueless! on 20:33 - Sep 23 by PatfromPoole

Well said,Pat
'Martin Out' fans are clueless! on 21:25 - Sep 23 with 2024 viewskingslandstand1

'Martin Out' fans are clueless! on 21:16 - Sep 23 by TripleNiemi

And no mention of biscuits….

He's very welcome with his views (respect ALL views), but we need his (assumption there) top 3 biscuits!
'Martin Out' fans are clueless! on 21:28 - Sep 23 with 1996 viewsPatfromPoole

Yes, I also noticed this….

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

'Martin Out' fans are clueless! on 21:29 - Sep 23 with 1996 viewsJoiedevivre

'Martin Out' fans are clueless! on 20:33 - Sep 23 by Ljames93

Love this! Agree mate, last year was great, I'd rather go down with RM and fight like hel with a manager that is everything this club should be about rather than appointing a short term manager that 'likely takes us down anyway

What would you say Russell Martin is “about”? And don’t say beards.
'Martin Out' fans are clueless! on 21:40 - Sep 23 with 1944 viewsIfonly

'Martin Out' fans are clueless! on 20:33 - Sep 23 by Ljames93

Why is RM "everything this club should be about"? What does that mean, if it means anything?

Edit: oops duplicated joidevivre
[Post edited 23 Sep 21:42]
'Martin Out' fans are clueless! on 21:59 - Sep 23 with 1854 viewsLjames93

The cult jumping on my thread, thought this would happen, bless you lot.

I watched everyone moan about RM at the start of last season and then again before the playoffs and both times proved to be stupid.

Can't wait to come back on here in a month or two, it will be the same people calling RM out saying things like "finally he's playing ....and we're winning like we said".

17th this season is a massive success and I have no reason YET to think RM can't achieve that.
[Post edited 23 Sep 22:08]
'Martin Out' fans are clueless! on 22:05 - Sep 23 with 1820 viewsLjames93

'Martin Out' fans are clueless! on 21:40 - Sep 23 by Ifonly

Why is RM "everything this club should be about"? What does that mean, if it means anything?

Edit: oops duplicated joidevivre
[Post edited 23 Sep 21:42]

Put it this way, if Martin was sacked I think I could confidently say the players would strongly disagree with it.
'Martin Out' fans are clueless! on 22:06 - Sep 23 with 1809 viewsLjames93

Very contradictory.
'Martin Out' fans are clueless! on 22:18 - Sep 23 with 1731 viewsButty101

'Martin Out' fans are clueless! on 20:08 - Sep 23 by Ljames93

Last season was crap? The entitlement is crazy.

Leicester definitely had a better squad than us. Leeds will be saying they should have gone up and didn't.

Promotion was a success.

It’s not entitlement. Last season Promotion was the minimum requirement. We had resources the other dreams could only dream of. Most of the time the football was plain boring.

How many other championship clubs got to spend 20mil on 2 players? 2 players I should add had little impact on the season.

'Martin Out' fans are clueless! on 22:25 - Sep 23 with 1695 viewsButty101

'Martin Out' fans are clueless! on 21:59 - Sep 23 by Ljames93

The cult jumping on my thread, thought this would happen, bless you lot.

I watched everyone moan about RM at the start of last season and then again before the playoffs and both times proved to be stupid.

Can't wait to come back on here in a month or two, it will be the same people calling RM out saying things like "finally he's playing ....and we're winning like we said".

17th this season is a massive success and I have no reason YET to think RM can't achieve that.
[Post edited 23 Sep 22:08]

Alright Russell if you say so . Fair play for being balls deep in Pinder

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024