Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Knives Are Out For Russell Martin In The Media But Do They Have Substance 09:10 - Sep 6 with 1337 viewsSaintsNews

The Knives Are Out For Russell Martin In The Media But Do They Have Substance 6th Sep 2024 09:09
With Southampton failing to gain a point in their first three games of the season back in the premier League, it is natural questions will be asked about Russell Martin's management. but are stories of discord behind the scenes mischief making, or do they have substance. 18

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
The Knives Are Out For Russell Martin In The Media But Do They Have Substance on 10:03 - Sep 6 with 1262 viewsIfonly

"he knew that he had to change his strategy if we were to go up, he knew that Alex McCarthy could not play with his feet..."

Yes, so he changed his strategy and we went up. Good stuff, well done RM. So, why straight from the start of the season did he go back to telling McCarthy to play with his feet, knowing that he couldn't do it? Can anyone explain that in a way that doesn't show RM to be either stupid, arrogant, pig headed or out of touch with reality?
The Knives Are Out For Russell Martin In The Media But Do They Have Substance on 11:00 - Sep 6 with 1188 viewsBridders2

The Knives Are Out For Russell Martin In The Media But Do They Have Substance on 10:03 - Sep 6 by Ifonly

"he knew that he had to change his strategy if we were to go up, he knew that Alex McCarthy could not play with his feet..."

Yes, so he changed his strategy and we went up. Good stuff, well done RM. So, why straight from the start of the season did he go back to telling McCarthy to play with his feet, knowing that he couldn't do it? Can anyone explain that in a way that doesn't show RM to be either stupid, arrogant, pig headed or out of touch with reality?

Indeed. The most salient point made on this forum to date.
The Knives Are Out For Russell Martin In The Media But Do They Have Substance on 13:34 - Sep 6 with 998 views1ASIN12

The Knives Are Out For Russell Martin In The Media But Do They Have Substance on 10:03 - Sep 6 by Ifonly

Exactly this , why the fvck he thought he’d get away with it in the premier league when he knew he wouldn’t in the championship is beyond me.
The Knives Are Out For Russell Martin In The Media But Do They Have Substance on 13:57 - Sep 6 with 977 viewsI_would

RM altered the style slightly to go up so that he could reap the personal glory. Some on here have fallen for it and think that he was responsible for promotion when we all know he actually fluked it!
He has started the three games with suicide tactics purely to prove a point that his way is the correct way and he's probably still smarting from the Swansea flak.
He doesn't care about the fans, that's obvious.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

The Knives Are Out For Russell Martin In The Media But Do They Have Substance on 15:06 - Sep 6 with 932 viewskernow

More nonsense.
The Knives Are Out For Russell Martin In The Media But Do They Have Substance on 16:04 - Sep 6 with 868 viewsarfurdent

lazy journalists

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

The Knives Are Out For Russell Martin In The Media But Do They Have Substance on 16:28 - Sep 6 with 836 viewskingolaf

I bet he hates that the pundits aren’t fawning over him. Instead they are saying we’ll go down if we carry on with the suicide football.
The Knives Are Out For Russell Martin In The Media But Do They Have Substance on 16:47 - Sep 6 with 812 viewsBerber

I think that is a good article Nick. I don’t think anyone would disagree that we need to move through the gears more quickly, and at times last season we showed that we could do that. It is up to the manager to get the team to stop the aimless tippy tappy, a la McGuire and Co, and have some more meaningful movement off the ball.

I still don’t know what to do about the lack of a proper striker though, but that is probably more a fault of the army of bods above RM’s pay grade.

Poll: How many wins this season sweepstake

Login to get fewer ads

The Knives Are Out For Russell Martin In The Media But Do They Have Substance on 13:54 - Sep 7 with 631 viewsSouthamptonfan

It's true that the board and our owners are getting jittery about going back down. New players on long contracts have been signed. They know the financial implications and feelings of panic will be being felt. They didn't sack Ralph until later on in the season, and they are probably thinking we can't afford to leave it too late this time.

I personally hope RM does it and beats United and sorts it out, proving everyone wrong. I do agree that he needs to adapt his style of play and get the ball up the pitch much quicker, but he deserves a bit of time. I have my doubts that other managers could do much more with what we have. We are playing such good teams, who have spent millions on the best players in the world and I don't think we match that. We bring in "players with potential" and "players that play in West Ham and Villa reserves". We arn't matching up to even clubs like Fulham who buy proven PL players for 30 million.

Ultimately, If we keep losing, the board will act. Let's hope that doesn't happen and we start winning against United.

Poll: Who are you voting for?

The Knives Are Out For Russell Martin In The Media But Do They Have Substance on 15:19 - Sep 7 with 575 viewskingslandstand1

The Knives Are Out For Russell Martin In The Media But Do They Have Substance on 13:54 - Sep 7 by Southamptonfan

It's true that the board and our owners are getting jittery about going back down. New players on long contracts have been signed. They know the financial implications and feelings of panic will be being felt. They didn't sack Ralph until later on in the season, and they are probably thinking we can't afford to leave it too late this time.

I personally hope RM does it and beats United and sorts it out, proving everyone wrong. I do agree that he needs to adapt his style of play and get the ball up the pitch much quicker, but he deserves a bit of time. I have my doubts that other managers could do much more with what we have. We are playing such good teams, who have spent millions on the best players in the world and I don't think we match that. We bring in "players with potential" and "players that play in West Ham and Villa reserves". We arn't matching up to even clubs like Fulham who buy proven PL players for 30 million.

Ultimately, If we keep losing, the board will act. Let's hope that doesn't happen and we start winning against United.

We'll probably go and beat United (which is feasable) which will save his skin and then go and lose the next 3 so back to square one
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024