Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Edozie leaving 11:13 - Sep 4 with 1191 viewssaints__fan__73

What an absolute shambles Wilcox's strategy of paying millions for City's failed youngster was. If Chelsea weren't mad enough to chuck us cash for the always injured Lavia it would have put the club into admin.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Edozie leaving on 11:35 - Sep 4 with 1135 viewsDorsetIan

Much prefer to see us sending players to the Belgium league rather than recruiting from it.

If it happens its good. Edozie has been all dribble and anticlimax.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Edozie leaving on 12:02 - Sep 4 with 1067 viewskingslandstand1

Shame, but going to cry over it. Bit of a one trick pony although that trick is pretty good
Edozie leaving on 12:46 - Sep 4 with 989 viewsButty101

Edozie leaving on 12:02 - Sep 4 by kingslandstand1

Shame, but going to cry over it. Bit of a one trick pony although that trick is pretty good

No point crying over it mate

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Edozie leaving on 13:20 - Sep 4 with 917 viewsJellybaby

Edozie leaving on 11:35 - Sep 4 by DorsetIan

Much prefer to see us sending players to the Belgium league rather than recruiting from it.

If it happens its good. Edozie has been all dribble and anticlimax.

"All dribble and anti climax". There's a punchline waiting for someone!

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Edozie leaving on 13:45 - Sep 4 with 883 viewsSaintNick

I dont think £10 million for Edozie would have put us into administration, in fairness 12 starts and 12 sub appearances and 6 goals and 3 assists wasn't bad.

A winning goal against QPR (Blackburn as well as he got the first in a 4-0 win lol) an equaliser against Coventry plus an assist in a 2-1 win against Plymouth were contributions that counted.

Good luck to him, he might not have been a brilliant success, but he did make contributions last season and I would suggest that if he does well out on loan we should recoup most of what we paid for him including this seasons loan fee.

But of course let us not get rational thinking get in the way of a good rant and a chance to suggest the club would be in administration if it hadn't been for Lavia

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Edozie leaving on 13:48 - Sep 4 with 881 viewssaints__fan__73

Edozie leaving on 13:45 - Sep 4 by SaintNick

I dont think £10 million for Edozie would have put us into administration, in fairness 12 starts and 12 sub appearances and 6 goals and 3 assists wasn't bad.

A winning goal against QPR (Blackburn as well as he got the first in a 4-0 win lol) an equaliser against Coventry plus an assist in a 2-1 win against Plymouth were contributions that counted.

Good luck to him, he might not have been a brilliant success, but he did make contributions last season and I would suggest that if he does well out on loan we should recoup most of what we paid for him including this seasons loan fee.

But of course let us not get rational thinking get in the way of a good rant and a chance to suggest the club would be in administration if it hadn't been for Lavia

It was our Finance Officer who suggested that Nick lol. The word he used to describe the Lavia money was 'vital'...

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Edozie leaving on 14:14 - Sep 4 with 850 viewsSaintNick

Edozie leaving on 13:48 - Sep 4 by saints__fan__73

It was our Finance Officer who suggested that Nick lol. The word he used to describe the Lavia money was 'vital'...

Of course it was vital it enabled us to bring in players that helped us to promotion, without it we wouldnt have been able to but Ross Stewart & Shea Charles, as well as the wages and loan fees of Taylor Harwood Bellis, Ryan Fraser, Flynn Downes. David Brookes, Mason Holgate & Joe Rothwell not to mention hang on to Kyle Walker Peters.

Without that money we would not have been able to do that

Edozie leaving on 14:42 - Sep 4 with 812 viewskingslandstand1

Edozie leaving on 12:46 - Sep 4 by Butty101

No point crying over it mate

Oops! Remember to proof read before replying
Login to get fewer ads

Edozie leaving on 15:07 - Sep 4 with 780 viewsLondonSaint76

Edozie leaving on 13:45 - Sep 4 by SaintNick

Agreed Nick, I’d also add that the City youngsters we have purchased to a large extent are far from failed players, if they were, they would have either been released by City and left to find themselves a non-league club or given a free transfer to somewhere like Rochdale, Stockport or Accrington. In a lot of instances the likes of Lavia, Edozie and Delap (who has just gone to Ipswich) just find their paths to 1st team football blocked due to the quality of the players ahead of them and at a Club like City that could be the go-to first reserve as well as the first choice player therefore moves away are the only way for those players to continue their development. It doesn’t make them failed players.
I wish Sam Edozie all the best at his new club and hope he does well there. The better he plays the bigger the offer will be when it comes to making the transfer a permanent deal.

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Edozie leaving on 15:55 - Sep 4 with 716 viewsfelly1

I'll at least have some fond memories of that spell where was tormenting championship fullbacks and left them punch drunk before Fraser would replace him to deliver the knockout blow.
Z
Edozie leaving on 16:00 - Sep 4 with 704 viewsSaintNick

Edozie leaving on 15:07 - Sep 4 by LondonSaint76

Agreed Nick, I’d also add that the City youngsters we have purchased to a large extent are far from failed players, if they were, they would have either been released by City and left to find themselves a non-league club or given a free transfer to somewhere like Rochdale, Stockport or Accrington. In a lot of instances the likes of Lavia, Edozie and Delap (who has just gone to Ipswich) just find their paths to 1st team football blocked due to the quality of the players ahead of them and at a Club like City that could be the go-to first reserve as well as the first choice player therefore moves away are the only way for those players to continue their development. It doesn’t make them failed players.
I wish Sam Edozie all the best at his new club and hope he does well there. The better he plays the bigger the offer will be when it comes to making the transfer a permanent deal.

I too wish him all the best, I dont know why, but a certain section of our fanbase just take a dislike to players, a couple of years ago no one was shedding any tears when Nathan Tella went to Burnley, he did well and suddenly everyone is moaning at the club for letting him go.

I can't understand why there has to be so much abuse aimed at them

Edozie leaving on 16:51 - Sep 4 with 658 viewsfelly1

Edozie leaving on 16:00 - Sep 4 by SaintNick

I too wish him all the best, I dont know why, but a certain section of our fanbase just take a dislike to players, a couple of years ago no one was shedding any tears when Nathan Tella went to Burnley, he did well and suddenly everyone is moaning at the club for letting him go.

Mainly just keyboard warriors Nick.
Thankfully most posters on here understand you can be critical without resorting to being abusive.
Edozie leaving on 17:13 - Sep 4 with 644 viewsPatfromPoole

Really?

I thought a lot of fans were disappointed when Tella left, given the season he'd had at Burnley.

He had started the season really well with two great goals in the first three games. I'm still not having that Adam Armstrong was given the goal at Hillsborough.....

I think with his goals we could have finished in the top 2 if he had stayed, but my understanding was we had to sell him for FFP reasons.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Edozie leaving on 17:32 - Sep 4 with 617 viewsdirk_doone

This is good news. Edozie was one of the players we had to get rid of so Russell Martin couldn't pick him any more. For the same reason, we need to offload Smallbone, Aribo and Stephens. Then we might start to see our best XI starting games.
[Post edited 4 Sep 17:37]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Edozie leaving on 17:33 - Sep 4 with 607 viewskingslandstand1

Edozie leaving on 15:55 - Sep 4 by felly1

I'll at least have some fond memories of that spell where was tormenting championship fullbacks and left them punch drunk before Fraser would replace him to deliver the knockout blow.
Z

Exactly, he was a good Championship player but has started to be found out this season when given the chance to shine. It looks like others at the club may also think the same
I hate to say it because of what he did for us last season, but AA doesn't seem to be shining as much this season either (yes I know, only 3 games) but he was player of the season or thereabouts in the Championship, where he also shone for Blackburn and struggled in the Prem last time around for us
There really is a big difference between the 2 divisions despite general opinion otherwise
Edozie leaving on 18:07 - Sep 4 with 566 views1885_SFC

Edozie leaving on 17:32 - Sep 4 by dirk_doone

This is good news. Edozie was one of the players we had to get rid of so Russell Martin couldn't pick him any more. For the same reason, we need to offload Smallbone, Aribo and Stephens. Then we might start to see our best XI starting games.
[Post edited 4 Sep 17:37]

Indeed.

Good luck to the lad. He tried his best & that's all you can ask.

Old School is Cool

Edozie leaving on 20:29 - Sep 4 with 510 viewsMytchettSaint

I thought he did well last season then he picked up an injury. It was a shame for him and us at that point as I thought he was really coming along. Good luck to him.

Forza Rossobianco

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024