Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No points deduction for Leicester 19:37 - Sep 3 with 1397 viewsPatfromPoole

And the grim news keeps on coming….

[Post edited 3 Sep 19:37]

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

No points deduction for Leicester on 19:52 - Sep 3 with 1345 viewsJoiedevivre

Three teams effectively cheated the season we went down. We may as well have done the same with rule-enforcement as slack as this.
No points deduction for Leicester on 21:20 - Sep 3 with 1237 viewsLondonSaint76

Football disciplinary and appeals boards absolutely love / hate previously set precedents. This is now most definitely a new precedent now well and truly set - it could actually be good news for us if we happen to fall foul of the same set of rules at some stage as we have had a couple of spectacular spending sprees by our standards as well as one redemptive window when we were relegated. But with the other loans that have needed to be at least serviced I do still worry about season 22/23 being within the three year period for PSR.

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

No points deduction for Leicester on 21:29 - Sep 3 with 1215 viewssolent_toffee

No points deduction for Leicester on 21:20 - Sep 3 by LondonSaint76

Football disciplinary and appeals boards absolutely love / hate previously set precedents. This is now most definitely a new precedent now well and truly set - it could actually be good news for us if we happen to fall foul of the same set of rules at some stage as we have had a couple of spectacular spending sprees by our standards as well as one redemptive window when we were relegated. But with the other loans that have needed to be at least serviced I do still worry about season 22/23 being within the three year period for PSR.

Nice timing for Man City and their 115 charges that they are never going to be done for.
No points deduction for Leicester on 22:21 - Sep 3 with 1130 viewsInTimeAddedOn

No points deduction for Leicester on 21:29 - Sep 3 by solent_toffee

Nice timing for Man City and their 115 charges that they are never going to be done for.

Damn it! More like every silver lining has another cloud!
Wait a minute, Leicester have successfully challenged PSR, the City charges are older, were they FFP not PSR? If they are structured differently maybe the PSR precedent can't be used? Sadly, I think I might be clutching at straws.
No points deduction for Leicester on 22:26 - Sep 3 with 1120 viewskingslandstand1

No points deduction for Leicester on 22:21 - Sep 3 by InTimeAddedOn

Damn it! More like every silver lining has another cloud!
Wait a minute, Leicester have successfully challenged PSR, the City charges are older, were they FFP not PSR? If they are structured differently maybe the PSR precedent can't be used? Sadly, I think I might be clutching at straws.

No matter what the rules are, City will get away with whatever they are allegedly supposed to have done
No points deduction for Leicester on 00:59 - Sep 4 with 1004 viewssledger

there wont be any more punishments until the new rules come in and man city will just get a massive fine which they will gladly except,the whole system is corrupt
No points deduction for Leicester on 08:57 - Sep 4 with 751 viewsBerber

They only won’t because of a technicality and because they were relegated before the file date for their accounts. That anomaly can easily be fixed for the future. It is not a “do not go to jail” card for the likes of Man City.

Poll: How many wins this season sweepstake

No points deduction for Leicester on 18:00 - Sep 4 with 572 viewssledger

i await with baited breath on man city
Login to get fewer ads

No points deduction for Leicester on 18:34 - Sep 4 with 563 viewssolent_toffee

No points deduction for Leicester on 18:00 - Sep 4 by sledger

i await with baited breath on man city

I wouldn’t bother.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/articles/c0rwy2z7d2eo.amp

Whilst every other club has to sell players (often to the snakey six), Chelsea sold property to themselves. I can’t see how City won’t circumnavigate such pitiful standards.
No points deduction for Leicester on 19:03 - Sep 4 with 532 views1885_SFC

Man City and Chelsea must have very, very clever (and expensive) lawyers to get away with what they do. Likewise Leicester who found a glaring loophole - thanks to the very clever lawyer Nick de Marco KC who's even cleverer than the Premier League Profitability & Sustainability Rules' own panel!

PLPSRs 0 Leicester 1

Old School is Cool

No points deduction for Leicester on 19:42 - Sep 4 with 509 views1885_SFC

I see Aston Villa were hours away from facing a points deduction for breaching football’s financial rules before selling Douglas Luiz to Juventus.

Talking of Villa, their fans are up in arms because they're being charged (fleeced) £97 for tickets to each of their Champions League home games. This comes two days after Uefa announced a reduction in the maximum amount clubs could charge away fans for attending Champions League matches to around £50.

Old School is Cool

No points deduction for Leicester on 08:12 - Sep 5 with 378 viewsBerber

No points deduction for Leicester on 19:42 - Sep 4 by 1885_SFC

I see Aston Villa were hours away from facing a points deduction for breaching football’s financial rules before selling Douglas Luiz to Juventus.

Talking of Villa, their fans are up in arms because they're being charged (fleeced) £97 for tickets to each of their Champions League home games. This comes two days after Uefa announced a reduction in the maximum amount clubs could charge away fans for attending Champions League matches to around £50.

If it is not value for money, fans can vote with their feet. The fact is, there are plenty that see value in what others see as poor value. My vacated season ticket seat was quickly snapped up by a fan eager to watch Championship standard football, and the same again to watch Championship standard football trying to compete in the PL.

It is a market that clubs need to exploit if they don’t want to keep putting more money with little chance of getting any return.

Poll: How many wins this season sweepstake

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024