Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Russell Martin be sacked after saying he won’t compromise? 21:48 - Aug 31 with 2324 viewssaintmark1976

Should Russell Martin be sacked after saying he won’t compromise?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: On which date will we be relegated ?

Should Russell Martin be sacked after saying he won’t compromise? on 22:53 - Aug 31 with 2200 viewsTripleNiemi

Cannot stand the guy if I am honest but I said give him the season (just not sure I can survive that mind)
[Post edited 31 Aug 22:54]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Should Russell Martin be sacked after saying he won’t compromise? on 09:58 - Sep 1 with 1758 viewssaintwizzler

He deserves a chance but it can’t keep going on like this.
Also after the two fúckwits Sports Republic employed before Martin can we trust them to get it right?
You should learn by your mistakes.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Should Russell Martin be sacked after saying he won’t compromise? on 10:23 - Sep 1 with 1702 viewsPatfromPoole

You have to play the hand you have at that time.

Moyes is currently available, and not sitting on a big severance package like Graham Potter is.

In January, Moyes might not be available. Everton or A.N. Other club might have snapped him up.

We cocked up 3 years ago by not getting Howe in (when he was available) when it was clear Hassenhutl was a busted flush.

We would have an infinitely better chance of staying up under Moyes than Russell Martin.

January would be far too late to act. We may need snookers by then at this rate.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Should Russell Martin be sacked after saying he won’t compromise? on 10:47 - Sep 1 with 1620 viewsJoiedevivre

There’s no point in this question really. If we believed SR were close to Ralph and wouldn’t sack him, they’re infinitely content with keeping Russell Martin until we drop.
Should Russell Martin be sacked after saying he won’t compromise? on 10:49 - Sep 1 with 1615 viewsChesham_Saint

I went for the 'give him until Christmas' option but ONLY because there was no 'give him one more month to mend his ways' choice.

Basically, if he doesn't alter his cretinous intransigency over the next 2 or 3 games then sack him. Why can't he see what happened to Burnley? Either he's thick or myopically arrogant...I'm thinking a mixture of both!

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Should Russell Martin be sacked after saying he won’t compromise? on 10:53 - Sep 1 with 1597 viewsIfonly

Should Russell Martin be sacked after saying he won’t compromise? on 10:23 - Sep 1 by PatfromPoole

You have to play the hand you have at that time.

Moyes is currently available, and not sitting on a big severance package like Graham Potter is.

In January, Moyes might not be available. Everton or A.N. Other club might have snapped him up.

We cocked up 3 years ago by not getting Howe in (when he was available) when it was clear Hassenhutl was a busted flush.

We would have an infinitely better chance of staying up under Moyes than Russell Martin.

January would be far too late to act. We may need snookers by then at this rate.

Yes, we would have an infinitely better chance under Moyes if he came in now, but as you say Xmas would be too late. The other reason for that (apart from us having no points by then) is that top managers have said they hate this idea of being brought in at Xmas because they have so little time to work with the players and change the patterns of play. If anyone is going to save us, they will have to change our whole style away from the possession mentality, which will be a lot of coaching to do.

Personally I don't think the board will make a change, but if they do it's likely to be far too late. It is doubtful that Moyes would say yes to us now, but very doubtful that he'd say yes at Xmas.
Should Russell Martin be sacked after saying he won’t compromise? on 12:27 - Sep 1 with 1471 viewsCenturion

We will get the parachute payment, so OK for next season.
Should Russell Martin be sacked after saying he won’t compromise? on 12:45 - Sep 1 with 1425 viewsBLEEDRED

Should Russell Martin be sacked after saying he won’t compromise? on 12:27 - Sep 1 by Centurion

We will get the parachute payment, so OK for next season.

If Potter or even Moyes are willing to take the job, roll the dice now. Unless it's SR plan to get relegated and fund the other teams in their group.
Login to get fewer ads

Should Russell Martin be sacked after saying he won’t compromise? on 13:09 - Sep 1 with 1333 viewskingslandstand1

Should Russell Martin be sacked after saying he won’t compromise? on 10:49 - Sep 1 by Chesham_Saint

I went for the 'give him until Christmas' option but ONLY because there was no 'give him one more month to mend his ways' choice.

Basically, if he doesn't alter his cretinous intransigency over the next 2 or 3 games then sack him. Why can't he see what happened to Burnley? Either he's thick or myopically arrogant...I'm thinking a mixture of both!

Quite clearly from seeing and listening to his interviews he us not going to change his ways
I liked the way Joe Hart in his assessment kept saying that "Southampton believe they can play this way" and then highlighting the plays showing that we can't
RM clearly is an arrogant sh1t who won't listen to what everybody else is saying
Should Russell Martin be sacked after saying he won’t compromise? on 13:15 - Sep 1 with 1302 viewskingslandstand1

Should Russell Martin be sacked after saying he won’t compromise? on 09:58 - Sep 1 by saintwizzler

He deserves a chance but it can’t keep going on like this.
Also after the two fúckwits Sports Republic employed before Martin can we trust them to get it right?
You should learn by your mistakes.

I blame Chairman Gao!!!
Should Russell Martin be sacked after saying he won’t compromise? on 13:53 - Sep 1 with 1189 viewsGRIM

Should Russell Martin be sacked after saying he won’t compromise? on 13:09 - Sep 1 by kingslandstand1

Quite clearly from seeing and listening to his interviews he us not going to change his ways
I liked the way Joe Hart in his assessment kept saying that "Southampton believe they can play this way" and then highlighting the plays showing that we can't
RM clearly is an arrogant sh1t who won't listen to what everybody else is saying

Martin doesn't know any other way of playing it's the only system he's used & it worked OK at MK Don's & it got us promoted BUT, I still believe with the squad we had last year that Mickey Mouse could have got us promoted.
Yes RM got us up but he made very, very hard work of what should have been a doddle.
Should Russell Martin be sacked after saying he won’t compromise? on 14:02 - Sep 1 with 1162 viewsBridders2

Should Russell Martin be sacked after saying he won’t compromise? on 13:53 - Sep 1 by GRIM

Martin doesn't know any other way of playing it's the only system he's used & it worked OK at MK Don's & it got us promoted BUT, I still believe with the squad we had last year that Mickey Mouse could have got us promoted.
Yes RM got us up but he made very, very hard work of what should have been a doddle.

If we don't see a change in the tactics at the back over the next 3 games, he's got to go.
Should Russell Martin be sacked after saying he won’t compromise? on 14:46 - Sep 1 with 1060 views1885_SFC

Russell Martin will never change his ways - not ever. He doesn't do 'Plan B's' or change his way of doing things - and happily accepts a defeat so long as the players are sticking to his way of playing. In his own words:

https://www.coachesvoice.com/cv/russell-martin-interview-mkdons-swansea-guardiol

Old School is Cool

Should Russell Martin be sacked after saying he won’t compromise? on 15:19 - Sep 1 with 997 viewsGRIM

Should Russell Martin be sacked after saying he won’t compromise? on 14:46 - Sep 1 by 1885_SFC

Russell Martin will never change his ways - not ever. He doesn't do 'Plan B's' or change his way of doing things - and happily accepts a defeat so long as the players are sticking to his way of playing. In his own words:

https://www.coachesvoice.com/cv/russell-martin-interview-mkdons-swansea-guardiol

He changed is hair style so we live in hope he can change his ideas of how we should play.
Should Russell Martin be sacked after saying he won’t compromise? on 16:19 - Sep 1 with 872 viewskingolaf

Potter is on the Chelsea payroll until October….
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024