Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! 16:59 - Aug 31 with 10163 viewsI_would

We're sick of this s**t week after week.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 18:36 - Aug 31 with 1727 views1885_SFC

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 18:32 - Aug 31 by kingolaf

It’s almost like he’s begging for the sack!

The only sack he's getting is captain Jack's ball-sack - resting on his chin twice a week over at Staplewood.

Old School is Cool

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 18:36 - Aug 31 with 1731 viewsgrumpy

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 18:20 - Aug 31 by 1885_SFC

SAINTS manager Russell Martin accepted he must "live and die by the sword" as he vowed his team would not stop playing in his vision.

"When you make a mistake this way, everyone wants to talk about it. That's the context of what is normal and acceptable for British football, I guess.

"Also for a young British manager, I really feel that. Because if I'm not English, or apparently Scottish, I think it gets questioned way, way less."

Martin added: "We're going to stick with what we're doing. In five years of my career, it's got me this far.

"I will live and die by the sword, I know that, but I'd much rather do it this way and actually enjoy some of the moments the team gives me.

"Of course, it hurts me when we have the mistakes we have today but it's my job to fix that. It's the job of the coach, parent, teacher. It's all the same.

"Work out what the problems are and find solutions. The problem isn't that we want to do it in that way. So much of it is not tactical.

"It's about feeling and at the minute we're feeling a little bit tense in certain actions and being punished for that. It's my job to make them stop feeling that."

Martin was asked how he would be able to ensure the team kept playing effectively under increased pressure, with the defeats mounting up.

"I think we've got enough evidence to show the players some of the stuff," he insisted.

"In the first half, we had a move that ended up with Adam Armstrong, which should have been one-on-one with the goalkeeper and should end up in more.

"Some of the chances we have come from the build-up. The players do some incredible things but we get punished for two.

"It's about weighing up the evidence and showing them. It's not just my feeling. It's not a subjective thing," Martin continued.

"Objectively, we have some brilliant moments of breaking the press and really hurting Brentford. It just needs to come to more."

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/24554570.southampton-manager-martin-says-will-

"We're going to stick with what we're doing''
!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 18:44 - Aug 31 with 1714 viewsIfonly

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 18:36 - Aug 31 by 1885_SFC

The only sack he's getting is captain Jack's ball-sack - resting on his chin twice a week over at Staplewood.

I bet those 2 together enjoy a session of playing out from the back
!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 18:47 - Aug 31 with 1707 viewsPatfromPoole

I would ordinarily be dead against reactionary sackings this early in the season.

Russell Martin deserves our gratitude for getting us back to the Prem.

If we were to dispense with him, he would be richly rewarded due to the deserved extension of his contract.

However, if he is not going to be pragmatic and change his ways, particularly this hari kari around our own penalty area, we will be relegated by April.

I don’t think he is going to change his ways.

So sadly, I fear he has to go.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 18:50 - Aug 31 with 1692 viewsHMHB

I don't usually post just read a lot but this time I'm in this guy has to go he has been winging it more than people I work with .
!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 18:56 - Aug 31 with 1684 viewsIfonly

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 18:47 - Aug 31 by PatfromPoole

I would ordinarily be dead against reactionary sackings this early in the season.

If we were to dispense with him, he would be richly rewarded due to the deserved extension of his contract.

However, if he is not going to be pragmatic and change his ways, particularly this hari kari around our own penalty area, we will be relegated by April.

Relegated by April ??!?!!
We'll have to improve massively for that to happen.

It doesn't matter what we say anyway. The club won't sack him and I think he'll still be here next year, when he'll have a good chance of winning us promotion again because a lot of this squad will be well suited to the Championship. Ramsdale, Dibling, KWP etc will be gone but most will still be here.
!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 19:20 - Aug 31 with 1610 viewssaintmark1976

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 18:47 - Aug 31 by PatfromPoole

Pat, I think you need to change April to Christmas or possibly even Halloween my friend.

Derby’s all time lowest Premiership points record is currently well within our sights to add to Ralph’s home and away 9-0s embarrassments.

There’s never going to be an end to the agony that Southampton Football Clubs owners and its management can inflict upon its loyal supporters don’t you know.

Poll: On which date will we be relegated ?

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 19:23 - Aug 31 with 1602 viewsCity_boy

What we need is one of the senior players to voice their concerns about the tactics being deployed. e.g. KWP, Downes or even Ramsdale.

He wouldn't dare drop them indefinitely for speaking out. If he did he would have one hell of a job explaining their absence. I wouldn't be surprised, if there were mumblings going on already within the team, despite Martin saying the team enjoy this style of play.

Judging by Harwood-Bellis reaction after being subbed, I wouldn't be surprised if he spoke up.
[Post edited 31 Aug 19:26]
Login to get fewer ads

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 19:24 - Aug 31 with 1597 viewsChesham_Saint

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 18:20 - Aug 31 by 1885_SFC

SAINTS manager Russell Martin accepted he must "live and die by the sword" as he vowed his team would not stop playing in his vision.

"When you make a mistake this way, everyone wants to talk about it. That's the context of what is normal and acceptable for British football, I guess.

"Also for a young British manager, I really feel that. Because if I'm not English, or apparently Scottish, I think it gets questioned way, way less."

Martin added: "We're going to stick with what we're doing. In five years of my career, it's got me this far.

"I will live and die by the sword, I know that, but I'd much rather do it this way and actually enjoy some of the moments the team gives me.

"Of course, it hurts me when we have the mistakes we have today but it's my job to fix that. It's the job of the coach, parent, teacher. It's all the same.

"Work out what the problems are and find solutions. The problem isn't that we want to do it in that way. So much of it is not tactical.

"It's about feeling and at the minute we're feeling a little bit tense in certain actions and being punished for that. It's my job to make them stop feeling that."

Martin was asked how he would be able to ensure the team kept playing effectively under increased pressure, with the defeats mounting up.

"I think we've got enough evidence to show the players some of the stuff," he insisted.

"In the first half, we had a move that ended up with Adam Armstrong, which should have been one-on-one with the goalkeeper and should end up in more.

"Some of the chances we have come from the build-up. The players do some incredible things but we get punished for two.

"It's about weighing up the evidence and showing them. It's not just my feeling. It's not a subjective thing," Martin continued.

"Objectively, we have some brilliant moments of breaking the press and really hurting Brentford. It just needs to come to more."

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/24554570.southampton-manager-martin-says-will-

Woulda, coulda, shoulda….

Bollocks. Utter bollocks.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 19:53 - Aug 31 with 1535 viewsHMHB

Its as simple as ..just don't go to games ..
!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 20:36 - Aug 31 with 1464 viewsFlamingbankers

Tippy-tappy is not going to make them any less tense, is it Russell? Perhaps if you had a pragmatic approach that would build up the confidence and hence the results. Perhaps if you built your strategy around your best players playing together in the team rather than selecting players you think best fit your (deluded) strategy - would build assurance. Russell you have to address your narcissism and talk to a pragmatic psychologist now and regularly.
!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 20:46 - Aug 31 with 1441 viewsSonicBoom

What's weird is he played the newer and younger players on Wednesday to 'give them an opportunity to impress'.
They did, but then he uses the fact they played in that game as the reason they can't play on the Saturday. Mad.
!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 21:13 - Aug 31 with 1378 viewsRon11

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 18:36 - Aug 31 by grumpy

"We're going to stick with what we're doing''

'Actually enjoy some of the moments this gives me'
That comment hits the nail on the head with this clown. Me, me me.
It's all about me, fu ck everybody else, including all the Saints fans paying hard cash to watch this monotonously boring non productive shite.
!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 21:25 - Aug 31 with 1365 viewsgrumpy

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 20:46 - Aug 31 by SonicBoom

What's weird is he played the newer and younger players on Wednesday to 'give them an opportunity to impress'.
They did, but then he uses the fact they played in that game as the reason they can't play on the Saturday. Mad.

Dibling is only 18 ,you cant tell me he was too exhausted to play a whole game today.Do you think he would have said that anyway?
!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 22:05 - Aug 31 with 1279 viewsPatfromPoole

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 20:46 - Aug 31 by SonicBoom

I heard that and could not believe my ears.

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 22:07 - Aug 31 with 1279 viewsCapt_Koons

Sack Martin, appoint Potter.

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 22:17 - Aug 31 with 1263 viewsPatfromPoole

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 22:07 - Aug 31 by Capt_Koons

Potter is being paid a fortune to do nothing.

He wouldn’t come to us.

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 22:51 - Aug 31 with 1210 viewsGRIM

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 22:05 - Aug 31 by PatfromPoole

I heard that and could not believe my ears.

Martin keeps repeating himself by saying don't blame the players, blame me it's my fault.
If he knows he's making mistakes why doesn't he change, that's what good managers do.
Your stubbornness RM will get us relegated.
We invested in new players now do the right thing & give them a Manager that knows what he's doing.
!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 23:49 - Aug 31 with 1149 viewssaintpaz

I thought all our CBs looked bad to be honest, all are error-prone as we saw today and that was mainly due to our system. But THB has had 2 bad games on the bounce now, looks overwhelmed in all honesty and of course Stephens shouldn't be in the team. Therefore, I'm not sure at all about our CBs but I'd like to see us go back to a back 2 of bednarek (just makes it) and 1 other, and that might even give Bella-ketchup a go after seeing the others in midweek (Edwards/Wood) not paint themselves in glory.
!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 00:22 - Sep 1 with 1116 viewskingolaf

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 22:07 - Aug 31 by Capt_Koons

Until October I believe.
!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 06:25 - Sep 1 with 988 viewsCity_boy

Just listened to Martin's BBC Interview.

He kept saying we should have had 2 goals. What he forgot to say was that Brentford should have had 4 if they finished better !

I really struggle to listen to this clown. He is deluded. I just wish some of the management team around him or even senior players would speak up.

Why SR thought they had to give him a new contract so early was crazy, or did they think they had to move now to stop Man City poaching him when Pep leaves.
!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 07:50 - Sep 1 with 903 viewsBerber

I just watched the extended highlights on Sky. It seems to me that the team seem to fall into a “pass first, think second” mode, as they have it drilled into them that passing quickly is good. Yesterday, HB received a pass that is was near impossible to do much with. Sure he fluffed it too, but realistically, he was on a loser from the beginning. Bednarek tried to make that pass that was really not on, and even then, HB would have been struggling to deal with it.

We used to get the same thing with RH. Salisu could play a decent long ball, and always made himself available, so ended up receiving similar passes and he lost the ball, and mostly got blamed.

All this passing about at the back seems to be based on passing to static players. There is hardly any pass and move, so it becomes easy for the press to succeed. I despair of our coaching.

Poll: How many wins this season sweepstake

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 08:38 - Sep 1 with 857 viewsGRIM

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 23:49 - Aug 31 by saintpaz

I thought all our CBs looked bad to be honest, all are error-prone as we saw today and that was mainly due to our system. But THB has had 2 bad games on the bounce now, looks overwhelmed in all honesty and of course Stephens shouldn't be in the team. Therefore, I'm not sure at all about our CBs but I'd like to see us go back to a back 2 of bednarek (just makes it) and 1 other, and that might even give Bella-ketchup a go after seeing the others in midweek (Edwards/Wood) not paint themselves in glory.

That's the problem no matter how good our keeper is our defenders are just not good enough to play tippy tippy across the back.
Most of the goals conceded are coming from defenders giving the ball away.
So albeit McCarthy wasn't great it wasn't all down to him that we were conceding.
I feel for Ramsdale having to play behind that defence, hope he knows what he's let himself in for.
But if RM would see sense & allow our defenders just do what they are good at which is defend then perhaps we have a slight chance of winning games.
He's said he won't change so we're are going to get some hammerings in this season.
!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 08:54 - Sep 1 with 828 viewsPatfromPoole

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 07:50 - Sep 1 by Berber

I just watched the extended highlights on Sky. It seems to me that the team seem to fall into a “pass first, think second” mode, as they have it drilled into them that passing quickly is good. Yesterday, HB received a pass that is was near impossible to do much with. Sure he fluffed it too, but realistically, he was on a loser from the beginning. Bednarek tried to make that pass that was really not on, and even then, HB would have been struggling to deal with it.

We used to get the same thing with RH. Salisu could play a decent long ball, and always made himself available, so ended up receiving similar passes and he lost the ball, and mostly got blamed.

All this passing about at the back seems to be based on passing to static players. There is hardly any pass and move, so it becomes easy for the press to succeed. I despair of our coaching.

Aye.

We seem to be making a good job of hanging Harwood-Bellis out to dry.

All this “risk and reward” drivel is just bullshit of the highest order.

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 09:27 - Sep 1 with 763 viewsIfonly

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 20:36 - Aug 31 by Flamingbankers

Tippy-tappy is not going to make them any less tense, is it Russell? Perhaps if you had a pragmatic approach that would build up the confidence and hence the results. Perhaps if you built your strategy around your best players playing together in the team rather than selecting players you think best fit your (deluded) strategy - would build assurance. Russell you have to address your narcissism and talk to a pragmatic psychologist now and regularly.

They will always feel tense pissing around at the back because it feels unnatural to them. They grew up with coaches shouting at them not to take stupid risks. You can't undo those lessons. Perhaps if they'd grown up at the Barcelona academy or wherever, then it would feel more natural to them, but they'd still know that they don't really have the first touch to be doing this.

Any decent coach will fit his tactics to the players he has available. These ones weren't built to piss around at the back.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024