Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RM quote 17:15 - Aug 26 with 1089 viewskingslandstand1

I see he has said that we "don't possess the individual quality at the top end that they do, and that was the big difference "
So why do we keep buying midfielders then! And wtf is he going to do when we play a decent team!
RM quote on 17:23 - Aug 26 with 1038 viewsSouthamptonfan

We keep.buying midfielders because there is a whole team of people involved in recruitment following orders from above. SR are in this to make money from a portfolio of clubs. The midfielders available, some.of who we have bought, will make a profit as they are young and have potential. Ralph I know for a fact demanded a striker and was told no, as there weren't any available with a sell on value. I would imagine RM is referring to a similar situation now. He is already quoted as saying he wanted O'Reilly from Celtic, and was told no.

Poll: Who are you voting for?

RM quote on 17:28 - Aug 26 with 1018 viewskingslandstand1

RM quote on 17:23 - Aug 26 by Southamptonfan

We keep.buying midfielders because there is a whole team of people involved in recruitment following orders from above. SR are in this to make money from a portfolio of clubs. The midfielders available, some.of who we have bought, will make a profit as they are young and have potential. Ralph I know for a fact demanded a striker and was told no, as there weren't any available with a sell on value. I would imagine RM is referring to a similar situation now. He is already quoted as saying he wanted O'Reilly from Celtic, and was told no.

And O'Reilly has now signed for Brighton!
RM quote on 18:14 - Aug 26 with 914 viewsIfonly

Thing is though, he's deluded. He's right that we don't possess quality at the top end, but even if we did, we'd still have lost. We simply didn't create anything like enough chances, or look like we were going to. Unless you have top quality players who can create a chance out of absolutely nothing, then you're not going to win playing like that.

As they said on MOTD, we need to get the ball forward quicker, when there's still space to attack. RM's style doesn't allow us to do that. By the time we think about creating a shooting chance, the defence is set. We got away with it last year, but we're not going to create any chances playing like this against PL defences.

We're never going to have top quality players who can break down a packed defence so he should recognise that he needs to change his style so we attack quicker (he won't).
RM quote on 20:00 - Aug 26 with 774 viewsInTimeAddedOn

So, here we are in a league we can’t win playing teams we can’t beat.
Lead by a ‘blinkers on’ manager too stubborn to change a system doomed to fail from day one.
Part of a multi-club format that is of absolutely zero benefit to SFC, in fact, in Goztepe I’d liken it to having a needy ex-wife that always needs more alimony.
Owned by muppets more interested in bottom line profits with which to line their pockets than properly investing in the genuine needs of SFC
Bankrolled by yet another so called ‘lead investor’ billionaire with deep pockets and short arms
Without proper ownership investment, hamstrung by financial fair play rules that are anything but fair as they ensure the fat cats stay fat whilst the rest of us are kept down and well away from being able to challenge their cartel - not that we ever will under the current owners!
What have we done to deserve this??
[Post edited 26 Aug 20:13]
RM quote on 20:10 - Aug 26 with 720 viewssaint22

RM quote on 20:00 - Aug 26 by InTimeAddedOn

Lead by a ‘blinkers on’ manager too stubborn to change a system doomed to fail from day one.
Part of a multi-club format that is of absolutely zero benefit to SFC, in fact, in Goztepe I’d liken it to having a needy ex-wife that always needs more alimony.
Owned by muppets more interested in bottom line profits with which to line their pockets than properly investing in the genuine needs of SFC
Bankrolled by yet another so called ‘lead investor’ billionaire with deep pockets and short arms
Without proper ownership investment, hamstrung by financial fair play rules that are anything but fair as they ensure the fat cats stay fat whilst the rest of us are kept down and well away from being able to challenge their cartel - not that we ever will under the current owners!

Meanwhile our south coast neighbours both go from strength to strength signing players we should be and looking far more competent
RM quote on 20:17 - Aug 26 with 705 viewsInTimeAddedOn

RM quote on 20:10 - Aug 26 by saint22

Meanwhile our south coast neighbours both go from strength to strength signing players we should be and looking far more competent

Yep, should have added that to my bank holiday rant!
RM quote on 20:18 - Aug 26 with 698 viewsSouthamptonfan

RM quote on 20:00 - Aug 26 by InTimeAddedOn

Yep, very true. Last season was great in the end, taking the spotlight off the owners from the disaster of Nathan Jones, Selles, Tall Paul, Larios, Mara, Bazunu and the rest of it. But be in no doubt, these owners want to make money (unlike Bloom at Brighton, the Palace owner and so on). That's why they are here. the summer before Ralph was sacked, we signed what was it, 6 to 8 young players? This was all because they hoped they would all get good, and they could sell them for a massive profit. As we know it didnt work. Now we are back in the big league, we are again making the same mistakes.

So what is the future for Saints in the PL, even if we did stay up? Any of the young players who by some miracle do get good, would be sold to one of the top clubs and would be gone like a shot. The rest simply aren't good enough to be thrown into the PL. We won't sign any really top players. I just can't see what the future is in this league, other than desperately trying to survive.

RM quote on 21:18 - Aug 26 with 559 viewssaintwizzler

RM quote on 20:18 - Aug 26 by Southamptonfan

Yep, very true. Last season was great in the end, taking the spotlight off the owners from the disaster of Nathan Jones, Selles, Tall Paul, Larios, Mara, Bazunu and the rest of it. But be in no doubt, these owners want to make money (unlike Bloom at Brighton, the Palace owner and so on). That's why they are here. the summer before Ralph was sacked, we signed what was it, 6 to 8 young players? This was all because they hoped they would all get good, and they could sell them for a massive profit. As we know it didnt work. Now we are back in the big league, we are again making the same mistakes.

So what is the future for Saints in the PL, even if we did stay up? Any of the young players who by some miracle do get good, would be sold to one of the top clubs and would be gone like a shot. The rest simply aren't good enough to be thrown into the PL. We won't sign any really top players. I just can't see what the future is in this league, other than desperately trying to survive.

‘I just can't see what the future is in this league‘

Money!

We go back down and it’s going to be a whole lot harder getting back up.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Login to get fewer ads

RM quote on 21:30 - Aug 26 with 502 viewsSouthamptonfan

RM quote on 21:18 - Aug 26 by saintwizzler

‘I just can't see what the future is in this league‘

Money!

We go back down and it’s going to be a whole lot harder getting back up.

You're right there. It's all about money. But every year a struggle for the next 10 years, defeats most weeks, whilst SR acquire 6 more clubs with the PL money and a few more Bazunus, Maras and Tall Pauls? Hmm I think I'd rather be in the championship. But I get what you mean. Every club's supporters, who don't support the top 6 clubs, are probably saying what's the point.
[Post edited 26 Aug 21:32]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024