Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looks like Ramsdale is on his way to Ajax 09:32 - Aug 13 with 1585 viewsBlock8

Looks very much like Ramsdale is on his way to Ajax, where do we look now?
Looks like Ramsdale is on his way to Ajax on 09:49 - Aug 13 with 1537 viewsSonicBoom

Or not. Apparently Arsenal turned it down.
Looks like Ramsdale is on his way to Ajax on 10:33 - Aug 13 with 1465 viewsUTS1885

Reading between the lines from last night, you can forget about another goalkeeper. We clearly want another midfielder and left sided attacker. It’s highly likely that a couple of loans might happen as well.
[Post edited 13 Aug 14:12]
Looks like Ramsdale is on his way to Ajax on 11:02 - Aug 13 with 1417 viewssaint22

Looks like Ramsdale is on his way to Ajax on 10:33 - Aug 13 by UTS1885

Reading between the lines from last night, you can forget about another goalkeeper. We clearly want another midfielder and left sided attacker. It’s highly likely that a couple of loans might happen as well.
[Post edited 13 Aug 14:12]

Absolute suicide if that’s true
Get Johnstone in

We will be bottom 3 in January and blowing a Fortune on a kneejerk replacement
Looks like Ramsdale is on his way to Ajax on 11:18 - Aug 13 with 1402 viewsPatfromPoole

Arsenal will not loan Ramsdale out.

They want a sale only.

Looking like Johnstone or the Lazio keeper.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Looks like Ramsdale is on his way to Ajax on 11:57 - Aug 13 with 1318 viewsSaintNick

Looks like Ramsdale is on his way to Ajax on 11:18 - Aug 13 by PatfromPoole

Arsenal will not loan Ramsdale out.

They want a sale only.

Looking like Johnstone or the Lazio keeper.

Arsenal have said they will consider a loan if they cant get a sale, so that means waiting for the last week or even days of the window, which is effect missing only the first 3 games.

Johnstone is looking the best option..

I cant think why everyone is so keen on the Lazio reserve keeper, at 23 he only 52 League games to his name, only 9 of them in Serie A for Lazio and the rest in the Greek league.

I cant believe the number of people who think he is any better than what we have here, his value is barely £2.5 million and would clearly be thrown into the deep end

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Looks like Ramsdale is on his way to Ajax on 12:04 - Aug 13 with 1305 viewssaint22

Looks like Ramsdale is on his way to Ajax on 11:57 - Aug 13 by SaintNick

Arsenal have said they will consider a loan if they cant get a sale, so that means waiting for the last week or even days of the window, which is effect missing only the first 3 games.

I cant think why everyone is so keen on the Lazio reserve keeper, at 23 he only 52 League games to his name, only 9 of them in Serie A for Lazio and the rest in the Greek league.

I cant believe the number of people who think he is any better than what we have here, his value is barely £2.5 million and would clearly be thrown into the deep end

I am not sure why this is all taking so long other than us being skint/tight AF

If we dont get a good keeper we are down, its simple

I think ppl are keen on the Lazio keeper because he is BETTER than what we have

Plymouth keeper should be an option too, Ramsdale, Johnstone, Dubravka ALL are superior so lets get one in

This is not news
Looks like Ramsdale is on his way to Ajax on 12:09 - Aug 13 with 1303 viewsPatfromPoole

Are you relying on Transfermarkt for player values again???

Do you not thinking being a keeper in an ultra-defensive League like Serie A carries a certain gravitas?

Looks like Ramsdale is on his way to Ajax on 12:47 - Aug 13 with 1241 viewssledger

if sam johnstone is available for small money then just get it done,hes way better than what we have
Login to get fewer ads

Looks like Ramsdale is on his way to Ajax on 12:48 - Aug 13 with 1240 viewsTripleNiemi

Looks like Ramsdale is on his way to Ajax on 12:04 - Aug 13 by saint22

Plymouth keeper should be an option too, Ramsdale, Johnstone, Dubravka ALL are superior so lets get one in

This is not news

But is the Lazio keeper a ‘Baller’ ?

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Looks like Ramsdale is on his way to Ajax on 12:54 - Aug 13 with 1217 viewsChesham_Saint

Looks like Ramsdale is on his way to Ajax on 11:02 - Aug 13 by saint22

Get Johnstone in

Frankly, if Rylan can’t see that he really is a tvvat.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Looks like Ramsdale is on his way to Ajax on 12:54 - Aug 13 with 1213 viewsPatfromPoole

Looks like Ramsdale is on his way to Ajax on 12:48 - Aug 13 by TripleNiemi

But is the Lazio keeper a ‘Baller’ ?

He will cook.

Looks like Ramsdale is on his way to Ajax on 13:45 - Aug 13 with 1111 viewsSaintNick

Looks like Ramsdale is on his way to Ajax on 12:09 - Aug 13 by PatfromPoole

Are you relying on Transfermarkt for player values again???

Do you not thinking being a keeper in an ultra-defensive League like Serie A carries a certain gravitas?

Yes being a keeper in an ultra defensive League like Serie A carries a certain gravitas, but I dont think being a reserve keeper in Serie A carries much gravitas, a week ago no one had ever heard of him, but a couple of good saves in 45 minutes of a friendly doesn't tell us much either.

I don't rely on transfermarkt for player values, but it does give a fairly decent approximation of a players value, but the real value is about how much someone is willing to pay, Lazio paid 1.3 million euros for him and Transfermarkt a year ago saw his value as 1 million euros they value him now at 3 million Euros.

So I think that is a lot nearer the mark than the 20 million euros that he is being touted as his value.

I suspect that Lazio can't afford to buy Alcaraz and knowing we need a keeper are trying to inflate his value to try and tempt us to buy him.

With only 9 Serie A games to his name and a season spent on the bench, no one can surely think that will have increased his value 15-20 fold in a year.

Looks like Ramsdale is on his way to Ajax on 13:47 - Aug 13 with 1108 viewsSaintNick

Looks like Ramsdale is on his way to Ajax on 12:04 - Aug 13 by saint22

This is not news

You say he is better than what we have, but where is the proof, being a bench warmer for Lazio doesn't suggest he is better, 45 minutes in a low key friendly game didn't suggest he was that much better, in truth Lumley looked just as good in his 18 minute cameo.

Looks like Ramsdale is on his way to Ajax on 13:56 - Aug 13 with 1081 viewskingolaf

I agree with Nick with regards to the Lazio keeper.

I don’t think we can risk nearing the end of the window relying on Ramsdale. Too risky in our situation.

Get Johnstone in. Very decent keeper.
Looks like Ramsdale is on his way to Ajax on 14:02 - Aug 13 with 1065 viewsNYC_Saint

Looks like Ramsdale is on his way to Ajax on 13:47 - Aug 13 by SaintNick

You say he is better than what we have, but where is the proof, being a bench warmer for Lazio doesn't suggest he is better, 45 minutes in a low key friendly game didn't suggest he was that much better, in truth Lumley looked just as good in his 18 minute cameo.

Reminds me a bit of the Forren debacle. We were so desperate at centre back everyone was clamouring for him to start/get fit and no one realized he wasn't any good (I'm not sure he ever actually played for us in the end). Bit of an echo chamber on here about how poor McCarthy is that any keeper must clearly be better than what we've got...
Looks like Ramsdale is on his way to Ajax on 14:03 - Aug 13 with 1065 viewsCity_boy

Nick. almost anyone is better than what we have at the moment !

I have not seen the Lazio keeper, but given the desperate position we are in between the posts, if Ramsdale doesn't arrive, then I can't see how we are any worse off, unless a more proven keeper becomes available. It's this or we play 'rush goalie' !!
Looks like Ramsdale is on his way to Ajax on 14:36 - Aug 13 with 986 viewssaintmark1976

Looks like Ramsdale is on his way to Ajax on 11:02 - Aug 13 by saint22

Get Johnstone in

saint22, there is no way that our owner will sanction “ blowing a fortune” if we are in the bottom 3 in January given our last experience of panic buying in an attempt to stay in The Premiership.He will take a view that it’s better to take a chance in The Championship once again.

Poll: On which date will we be relegated ?

Looks like Ramsdale is on his way to Ajax on 15:52 - Aug 13 with 872 viewssaint22

Looks like Ramsdale is on his way to Ajax on 13:47 - Aug 13 by SaintNick

The proof is what we have
Looks like Ramsdale is on his way to Ajax on 16:11 - Aug 13 with 853 viewsA1079

Ramsdale aside there have been and are better goalkeepers around that are better than what we have and have or are available. For me, not going for Viktor Johansson from Rotherham Utd who went to Stoke City would have been a good purchase and you are not saying he would not have preferred us over a cold wet Tuesday in Stoke - though knowing us we would probably only offered a pittance for him.

Lawrie McMenemy recognised the value of a good goalkeeper when he signed Shilton. John Lyall of West Ham at the time said, a good goalkeeper can give you 20 points a season and that was at a time when it was 2 points for a win.

Our issues with goalkeeping have been long and painful for several seasons now and we seem to stumble from one goalkeeping crisis to another. Put simply, what we have is not good enough and to have a chance we will need to score a bucketful at the other end and that is not going to happen, certainly not in the PL.
Looks like Ramsdale is on his way to Ajax on 17:11 - Aug 13 with 802 viewsTripleNiemi

Looks like Ramsdale is on his way to Ajax on 16:11 - Aug 13 by A1079

Ramsdale aside there have been and are better goalkeepers around that are better than what we have and have or are available. For me, not going for Viktor Johansson from Rotherham Utd who went to Stoke City would have been a good purchase and you are not saying he would not have preferred us over a cold wet Tuesday in Stoke - though knowing us we would probably only offered a pittance for him.

Lawrie McMenemy recognised the value of a good goalkeeper when he signed Shilton. John Lyall of West Ham at the time said, a good goalkeeper can give you 20 points a season and that was at a time when it was 2 points for a win.

Our issues with goalkeeping have been long and painful for several seasons now and we seem to stumble from one goalkeeping crisis to another. Put simply, what we have is not good enough and to have a chance we will need to score a bucketful at the other end and that is not going to happen, certainly not in the PL.

Could be worst, could have a Paul Jones type between the sticks 😉

Whilst a decent shot stopper, imagine him at the back with us playing the tippy tappy böllox. He was no Baller
[Post edited 13 Aug 17:30]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Looks like Ramsdale is on his way to Ajax on 13:51 - Aug 15 with 448 viewsBerber

I hope it proves more beneficial than Jordan’s Henderson stint. It isn’t exactly a showcase club any more.

Poll: How many wins this season sweepstake

Looks like Ramsdale is on his way to Ajax on 14:05 - Aug 15 with 412 viewssaint22

Looks like Ramsdale is on his way to Ajax on 16:11 - Aug 13 by A1079

Huge error

The fact we are two days out from the new season and we haven't even attempted to sign a keeper (unless its been very well hidden) is quite astonishing
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024