Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another Open day. 10:00 - Jul 20 with 1367 viewsbwildered

The usual PR day for the club, trying to rally some support from young and old alike.
Also release of another new kit, they become synonymous with a particular time , so recent ones give not to pleasant memories. Let’s hope the new one will be remembered for a more positive and successful next couple of seasons .
Strange apart from one match kit the other season, the fans never seem to be consulted for their preferences, or am I wrong ?
Anyway any preferences anyone ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Another Open day. on 13:07 - Jul 21 with 1277 viewsbwildered

Back to perms for the new kit, Brum and Trevor Francis
[Post edited 21 Jul 13:08]

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Another Open day. on 16:40 - Jul 21 with 1244 viewsdurham_exile

Another Open day. on 13:07 - Jul 21 by bwildered

Back to perms for the new kit, Brum and Trevor Francis
[Post edited 21 Jul 13:08]

bwildered - I like the new kits and will be purchasing both the new home and the away.

Both shirts are very smart and a top seven finish beckons.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Another Open day. on 17:30 - Jul 21 with 1226 viewsSparkfilmsTV

My oldest daughter was banging on the window around 2pm and insisted l got in the car with family members and attended the Open Day.....really glad l did, met up with Danny Cowley and related the wonder score that once appeared on my television screen - Luton Town 0 Braintree Town 3, and that after around the 30 minute mark.

It was interesting to hear Robbie Cowling explain how Workhorse made no financial contribution to their shirt sponsorship arrangement in the second season and that has led to Hot Lizard appearing on the shirts.

I had some insightful conversations with club members and l hope we both learned something from the exchanges.

Matt Hudson was there with his wife and daughter and it was really nice to catch up with David Gregory.

I'm sorry to report that the pitch looks in very poor condition. The playing area will be on the reduced scale that was used towards the end of last season - something of a tactical ploy.

I was able to relate some information about Paul Lambert while he was Manager at Aston Villa to interested parties. The club clearly remember the redesign that Lambert oversaw of the away dressing room.

Our new goalkeeper is almost as tall as the floodlight towers!

We had fun with the green screen too in the Colu TV room....some decent kit in there and made sure the seat levels were compatible.

[Post edited 21 Jul 17:49]
Another Open day. on 21:43 - Jul 21 with 1170 views442

Another Open day. on 17:30 - Jul 21 by SparkfilmsTV

My oldest daughter was banging on the window around 2pm and insisted l got in the car with family members and attended the Open Day.....really glad l did, met up with Danny Cowley and related the wonder score that once appeared on my television screen - Luton Town 0 Braintree Town 3, and that after around the 30 minute mark.

It was interesting to hear Robbie Cowling explain how Workhorse made no financial contribution to their shirt sponsorship arrangement in the second season and that has led to Hot Lizard appearing on the shirts.

I had some insightful conversations with club members and l hope we both learned something from the exchanges.

Matt Hudson was there with his wife and daughter and it was really nice to catch up with David Gregory.

I'm sorry to report that the pitch looks in very poor condition. The playing area will be on the reduced scale that was used towards the end of last season - something of a tactical ploy.

I was able to relate some information about Paul Lambert while he was Manager at Aston Villa to interested parties. The club clearly remember the redesign that Lambert oversaw of the away dressing room.

Our new goalkeeper is almost as tall as the floodlight towers!

We had fun with the green screen too in the Colu TV room....some decent kit in there and made sure the seat levels were compatible.

[Post edited 21 Jul 17:49]

I’m really shocked to hear the pitch is in poor condition. I thought it was going to be ripped up and new drainage put in and a new pitch laid. Surely we’re not going to use the same pitch as last season? I usually try to stay on the positive side but that news has made me feel a bit anxious. I can’t do another season of that pitch. 😂
Another Open day. on 22:52 - Jul 21 with 1141 viewsSparkfilmsTV

Robbie Cowling said something about a ground worker leaving and another one who had been ill l think but either way, the pitch looked like someone had run over it with a Flymo or something....and not in completely straight lines either. Several other people commented on this too.

There appeared to be discolouration in some areas.

I could be mistaken but my impression today was that the close season could have gone a little more smoothly.

Everyone seemed fairly optimistic though and enjoyed the Open Day which was very well attended.
Another Open day. on 15:07 - Jul 24 with 969 viewsSparkfilmsTV

The Peterborough match on Saturday has had to be switched from The Jobserve Stadium to London Road.

I didn't want to be too dramatic with my assessment of the pitch after seeing it on Sunday but it was in a very poor state and requires immediate attention - otherwise we might end up ground sharing for a while! 😳😳
Another Open day. on 16:23 - Jul 24 with 880 viewswessex_exile

Another Open day. on 15:07 - Jul 24 by SparkfilmsTV

The Peterborough match on Saturday has had to be switched from The Jobserve Stadium to London Road.

I didn't want to be too dramatic with my assessment of the pitch after seeing it on Sunday but it was in a very poor state and requires immediate attention - otherwise we might end up ground sharing for a while! 😳😳

Just to clarify, it's at their Training Ground on Oundle Road, not London Road.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Another Open day. on 16:59 - Jul 24 with 816 viewsSparkfilmsTV

Another Open day. on 16:23 - Jul 24 by wessex_exile

Just to clarify, it's at their Training Ground on Oundle Road, not London Road.

Thanks Wessex....even worse then.

In that case l wonder if Florence Park or Maldon & Tiptree were considered?
Login to get fewer ads

Another Open day. on 17:14 - Jul 24 with 802 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Another Open day. on 16:59 - Jul 24 by SparkfilmsTV

Thanks Wessex....even worse then.

In that case l wonder if Florence Park or Maldon & Tiptree were considered?

I did think the same. Seems odd to switch it from our stadium to their training ground.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Another Open day. on 18:50 - Jul 24 with 772 viewsWitham

Didn't want us to watch them, I reckon
Another Open day. on 10:56 - Jul 25 with 690 viewswessex_exile

Another Open day. on 17:14 - Jul 24 by RSCOSWORTH

I did think the same. Seems odd to switch it from our stadium to their training ground.

Maybe they're protecting their pitch too? Didn't we host their friendly against Ipswich (last season?) because neither of theirs was available?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024