Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sugawara signs 13:06 - Jul 14 with 818 viewsSouthamptonfan

https://www.southamptonfc.com/en/news/article/saints-seal-sugawara-signing

Seems like a good signing. 24 good age, top league experience, established international. Does this mean Walker-Peters is off?

Poll: Who are you voting for?

Sugawara signs on 13:35 - Jul 14 with 749 viewsyateleysaint

Yes unfortunately.

I hope this guy’s good.

You cannot reason a person out of something they were not reasoned into.

Sugawara signs on 14:18 - Jul 14 with 716 views1teeminants

Yes Walker peters will be used in the deal to get Downes. Definitely happening.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Sugawara signs on 14:43 - Jul 14 with 688 viewsLondonSaint76

Sugawara signs on 13:35 - Jul 14 by yateleysaint

Yes unfortunately.

I hope this guy’s good.

I’m almost hesitant to send you back to YouTube after (the sadly now departing) Gomes Rodrigues! However, Sugawara has played at SMS for AZ 12 months ago. On the highlights video he’s the AZ player that takes Edozie out inside the box for a nailed on pen that the ref didn’t give.
Taking the glass half full approach, one bad challenge doesn’t make him a bad player but he won’t get away with that in the VAR obsessed PL.
Whilst you are on the Tube, check out Ligue 1 goal of the season 23/24 - that would be our transfer target Camara scoring from around the halfway line. Using the opposite approach to above, I do realise one goal of the season doesn’t make him a brilliant player…

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Sugawara signs on 16:53 - Jul 14 with 596 viewsFlamingbankers

Looks an excellent player and a good replacement for KWP. A direct player, making good crosses and taking an excellent goal attempting free kick. Hopefully we'll see more of this type of quality player in the next month.
[Post edited 14 Jul 16:54]
Sugawara signs on 19:05 - Jul 14 with 512 viewsLondonSaint76

Sugawara signs on 16:53 - Jul 14 by Flamingbankers

Looks an excellent player and a good replacement for KWP. A direct player, making good crosses and taking an excellent goal attempting free kick. Hopefully we'll see more of this type of quality player in the next month.
[Post edited 14 Jul 16:54]

Stats show loads of assists - if he is half as good as the likes of Pelle and Tadic who both joined us from Dutch football then he will be a bargain at £6m or thereabouts. Also, having played in the Eredivisie he won’t need a season to settle in as the style of football is quite similar. He also appears to have a sense of humour - see the link below
https://www.southamptonfc.news/news/new-southampton-signing-yukinari-sugawara-hi

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Sugawara signs on 10:02 - Jul 15 with 358 viewsDorsetIan

I'm not sure that I've even seen a player more comfortable in possession of the ball than Walker-Peters.

Nobody is going to be able to replace that.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024