Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liam Delap 14:25 - Jul 9 with 1470 viewsSaintNick

Latest reports say that Saints have agreed terms with Manchester City but the player prefers Ipswich, we will soon find out of this is accurate or just the agent trying to up the ante on wages

Fee agreed with seems to be about £20 million

This post has been edited by an administrator

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Liam Delap on 16:16 - Jul 9 with 1363 views1teeminants

I hear Ipswich and us have offered 20 million both bids accepted but he wants to go to Ipswich .

https://www.southamptonfc.news/transfers/southampton-summer-target-opts-to-join-
[Post edited 9 Jul 16:20]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Liam Delap on 16:20 - Jul 9 with 1356 viewsLondonSaint76

If Delap is off to Ipswich then that’s fine as far as I am concerned, we can do better. I’d like to see Brereton Diaz come in, he even managed to score some goals in very bad Sheffield Utd side - I’d like to think we will be better than they were last season, so he should get more chances, God help us if we are not better than they were!

This might sound daft but I will put this name out there and also give a rationale for giving it a punt - we have on our books a youngster by the name of Alejandro Gomes Rodriguez, 16 y/o, described as looking much older than he is in terms of his appearance, developed physique and ability to play. Broken just about every scoring record going for Saints at youth level. OK, those physical attributes obviously help at that level, but what is there lose? Look at what Evan Ferguson has been able to achieve as a teenager at Brighton in the Prem, Bale was a Wales regular at 17 and I remember a certain Mr. Shearer made something of a contribution on his debut v Arsenal and was part of the famous 4-1 utter demolition of Liverpool not that long afterwards, albeit not a scorer that day. We will never know unless he is given a chance - Arsenal and Benfica are already sniffing around…
[Post edited 9 Jul 17:17]

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Liam Delap on 16:34 - Jul 9 with 1323 viewsButty101

Liam Delap on 16:20 - Jul 9 by LondonSaint76

If Delap is off to Ipswich then that’s fine as far as I am concerned, we can do better. I’d like to see Brereton Diaz come in, he even managed to score some goals in very bad Sheffield Utd side - I’d like to think we will be better than they were last season, so he should get more chances, God help us if we are not better than they were!

This might sound daft but I will put this name out there and also give a rationale for giving it a punt - we have on our books a youngster by the name of Alejandro Gomes Rodriguez, 16 y/o, described as looking much older than he is in terms of his appearance, developed physique and ability to play. Broken just about every scoring record going for Saints at youth level. OK, those physical attributes obviously help at that level, but what is there lose? Look at what Evan Ferguson has been able to achieve as a teenager at Brighton in the Prem, Bale was a Wales regular at 17 and I remember a certain Mr. Shearer made something of a contribution on his debut v Arsenal and was part of the famous 4-1 utter demolition of Liverpool not that long afterwards, albeit not a scorer that day. We will never know unless he is given a chance - Arsenal and Benfica are already sniffing around…

What a waste of 20million, thanks god hes not coming here. I dont get how Man City get such high prices for their youths.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Liam Delap on 17:06 - Jul 9 with 1265 views1ASIN12

Liam Delap on 16:16 - Jul 9 by 1teeminants

I hear Ipswich and us have offered 20 million both bids accepted but he wants to go to Ipswich .

https://www.southamptonfc.news/transfers/southampton-summer-target-opts-to-join-

Thank fvck for that.

Not sure spending £20 million on him would be a good idea, especially in our financial position.
Liam Delap on 19:16 - Jul 9 with 1138 viewssaint22

Liam Delap on 17:06 - Jul 9 by 1ASIN12

Thank fvck for that.

Not sure spending £20 million on him would be a good idea, especially in our financial position.

Agreed
Smodzics or Diaz please
Another two we could have got after way back
Liam Delap on 19:55 - Jul 9 with 1109 viewssaint22

Liam Delap on 16:16 - Jul 9 by 1teeminants

Also if he isn’t good enough for Pep then maybe we should take notice
Who else has he deemed not good enough, Bazunu? Charles?
Only Edozie looks half decent
Liam Delap on 20:01 - Jul 11 with 703 viewsyateleysaint

Liam Delap on 16:20 - Jul 9 by LondonSaint76

You owe me the 10 minutes of my life that I’ve just spent watching two of his highlights reels on YouTube.

He already looks a lot better than Che Adams.

You cannot reason a person out of something they were not reasoned into.

Liam Delap on 15:41 - Jul 13 with 355 viewsLondonSaint76

Liam Delap on 20:01 - Jul 11 by yateleysaint

You owe me the 10 minutes of my life that I’ve just spent watching two of his highlights reels on YouTube.

He already looks a lot better than Che Adams.

Sorry about that Yateleysaint - and a difficult debt to refund! Even more so as today comes the disappointing news that even after offering Gomes Rodriguez a pro contract he has decided he is off to Lyon. Very disappointed, I have a good friend who watches a lot of the games the youngsters play in and he has been raving about this guy since he arrived. Said he has the same ‘something about him’ as a young Shearer had pre-debut. He doesn’t often go overboard praising the up and coming players but when he does he’s not often wrong. Called Steve Williams, Steve Moran, Shearer & Le Tiss before anyone who just watches the 1st team (me included) knew who they were and with this one he’s absolutely gutted if he goes as it now looks like is happening.

https://www.southamptonfc.news/transfers/euro-club-agree-deal-to-sign-southampto
[Post edited 13 Jul 15:44]

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024