Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Back From Krackow 10:23 - Jul 6 with 640 viewsSaintNick

I have just returned from Poland and Krackow, it was a great experience.

1. Krakow is a great little city with a lot of history, however despite having two football teams who hate each other, there is little evidence of them in the town centre, no club shops no signs of any of the pair of them, not even anyone walking around in a replica shirt or t shirt. Cracovia seem the logical one to like as they play in Red & White stripes.

2. It is still quite cheap, beer from about £2 a pint up to £5 depending on the type of establishment, I went from Sunday to Friday so I missed the stag night invasion, but the vibe on Friday afternoon had definitely changed .

3. The story of WW2 is horrifying, obviously the Jews were treated horribly, but so where the Poles who were not considered a nation and not allowed schooling after primary school level.

4. Auschwitz is a must trip for anyone and it is hard to describe, I have to say though it was not as harrowing as I thought it might be, they did not get too gory about it, they were pragmatic.

5. Easy and cheap to get to, I would recommend it to anyone, all I would say is that unless you are genuinely going on the lash with a bunch of blokes, I would not go at a weekend.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Back From Krackow on 09:55 - Jul 7 with 404 viewsNumber_58

Did you go to the Schindler Factory museum? That gives an excellent history of how Jews and non-Jews were treated.
And I agree that Auschwitz wasn't as harrowing as I thought it'd be, although the walk through the gas chamber (albeit a reconstructed one) is pretty chilling, and the cabinets of human hair, belongings, etc are incredibly sad. My abiding memory is standing at the spot where the victims were herded off the trains and 'selected' either for work or the gas chambers. Looking back from that spot towards the infamous entrance block with the railway track passing through it you actually feel you are at probably the most infamous place in the history of the human race.
Back From Krackow on 21:28 - Jul 7 with 263 viewsSaintNick

Back From Krackow on 09:55 - Jul 7 by Number_58

Did you go to the Schindler Factory museum? That gives an excellent history of how Jews and non-Jews were treated.
And I agree that Auschwitz wasn't as harrowing as I thought it'd be, although the walk through the gas chamber (albeit a reconstructed one) is pretty chilling, and the cabinets of human hair, belongings, etc are incredibly sad. My abiding memory is standing at the spot where the victims were herded off the trains and 'selected' either for work or the gas chambers. Looking back from that spot towards the infamous entrance block with the railway track passing through it you actually feel you are at probably the most infamous place in the history of the human race.

Yes I did go to the Schindler factory it was a very good Museum and Exhibition, I agree with you about Auschwitz and Birkenau, it was about educating people and not shocking them,

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024