Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wood to have medical 17:01 - Jul 1 with 2016 views1teeminants

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/southampton-advanced-

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Wood to have medical on 16:50 - Jul 2 with 1345 viewsButty101

How many bloody average centrehalves do we need?

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Wood to have medical on 20:59 - Jul 2 with 1145 viewsareasix

He’s decided the ones we had last time in the Prem aren’t good enough so a complete new defence with Swansea and Peterborough CBS coming in. Both were some of the best in the league last season. We have spent shed loads on average CBs in the past so now let’s shop in the Championship and get the best it has to offer.

I like what’s happening early signings so he can work with the players as it’s desperate we get them to learn the new Southampton way as we have to hit the start of the season running.

Midfielder and forward next incoming by end of next week and they are waiting regarding an answer from a keeper who is on holiday.
Wood to have medical on 21:28 - Jul 2 with 1114 viewsButty101

Wood to have medical on 20:59 - Jul 2 by areasix

He’s decided the ones we had last time in the Prem aren’t good enough so a complete new defence with Swansea and Peterborough CBS coming in. Both were some of the best in the league last season. We have spent shed loads on average CBs in the past so now let’s shop in the Championship and get the best it has to offer.

I like what’s happening early signings so he can work with the players as it’s desperate we get them to learn the new Southampton way as we have to hit the start of the season running.

Midfielder and forward next incoming by end of next week and they are waiting regarding an answer from a keeper who is on holiday.

But these are defenders that have played for Martin in the past and been part of very leaky defences at a lower level. It’s just not what we need.

We need an experienced CB to Marshal the back line otherwise I fear we will concede a ton of goals.

Wood to have medical on 22:07 - Jul 2 with 1066 viewsareasix

Edwards from Peterborough has huge potential already played 100 league games but agree we need a general but with Harwood E , Edwards and Woods that we can use in the squad I am pleased about the business with a spend of £28m , midfield needs two signings that are incoming very soon and a forward soon to arrive I love that we are doing most of our business early.
Wood to have medical on 23:01 - Jul 2 with 1008 viewsButty101

If the rest of the signings are going to be of similar quality, then it’s going to be a hell of a long painful season. Martin wont last the season

Wood to have medical on 23:01 - Jul 2 with 1008 viewsfelly1

Wood to have medical on 21:28 - Jul 2 by Butty101

But these are defenders that have played for Martin in the past and been part of very leaky defences at a lower level. It’s just not what we need.

We need an experienced CB to Marshal the back line otherwise I fear we will concede a ton of goals.

We have the experience and leadership with Bedernek and Stephens.
250 Prem games between them.
Bedders has 60 caps for Poland and Stephens is club captain.
Whether you and many other agree with this or not I think Martin and the club feel we have this area sorted and to bring in two talented but admittedly zero Prem experience players for a combined total of less than 10 million is a gamble worth taking.
Wood to have medical on 23:12 - Jul 2 with 986 viewssaint22

Wood to have medical on 20:59 - Jul 2 by areasix

is the keeper any good? and is it realistic?
Wood to have medical on 06:48 - Jul 3 with 883 viewsareasix

Yes and yes
Login to get fewer ads

Wood to have medical on 07:44 - Jul 3 with 846 viewsButty101

Wood to have medical on 23:01 - Jul 2 by felly1

We have the experience and leadership with Bedernek and Stephens.
250 Prem games between them.
Bedders has 60 caps for Poland and Stephens is club captain.
Whether you and many other agree with this or not I think Martin and the club feel we have this area sorted and to bring in two talented but admittedly zero Prem experience players for a combined total of less than 10 million is a gamble worth taking.

Yes they both have experience , but neither are leaders and can organize the back line. Unless we pull some rabbits out of hats this back line will concede goals for fun.

Wood to have medical on 07:54 - Jul 3 with 826 viewsareasix

Agreed Butty we are lacking experience but I think you will see some experience arriving via transfers but I think we all have to admit that the last couple of seasons our defence has been so poor and it needs a complete overhaul from the keeper , CBs and one full back side , even in the championship we leaked goals.

By signing early we have a chance of getting a settled team before we hit the premiership. I hate the last minute panic buys , tall Paul , suleman being perfect examples.
Wood to have medical on 08:06 - Jul 3 with 813 viewsmushinexile

Lessons have been learned. Buying early and building a team is wise and we are clearly trying to strengthen the side mindful of FFP. So far, so good. It looks as though the owners have decided that they want to either stay in the Premiership or fatten us up for sale. As long as we get good football next season, I won't mind. Welcome to all the newcomers, I hope they all earn fierce pride in their Southampton shirts,
Wood to have medical on 16:21 - Jul 3 with 624 viewsTripleNiemi

Wood to have medical on 08:06 - Jul 3 by mushinexile

Lessons have been learned. Buying early and building a team is wise and we are clearly trying to strengthen the side mindful of FFP. So far, so good. It looks as though the owners have decided that they want to either stay in the Premiership or fatten us up for sale. As long as we get good football next season, I won't mind. Welcome to all the newcomers, I hope they all earn fierce pride in their Southampton shirts,

Ditto that - welcome all newbies to the club.

As the yoof say, let’s hope they’re ballers….
[Post edited 3 Jul 16:21]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Wood to have medical on 06:55 - Jul 4 with 307 viewsButty101

Wood to have medical on 07:54 - Jul 3 by areasix

Agreed Butty we are lacking experience but I think you will see some experience arriving via transfers but I think we all have to admit that the last couple of seasons our defence has been so poor and it needs a complete overhaul from the keeper , CBs and one full back side , even in the championship we leaked goals.

By signing early we have a chance of getting a settled team before we hit the premiership. I hate the last minute panic buys , tall Paul , suleman being perfect examples.

I wish I shared your optimism. Russel has proven time and again that ihe is not capable of setting up a defense. I genuinely fear that we will conceded at least 80.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024