Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jose Fonte 17:53 - Jun 26 with 502 viewsWints76

I see his agent has finally got him appearing alongside Wayne Rooney. Just a few years later than planned.
Jose Fonte on 18:07 - Jun 26 with 484 viewsButty101

Haha was thinking something similar

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Jose Fonte on 20:24 - Jun 26 with 402 viewsSaintNick

Jose Fonte on 18:07 - Jun 26 by Butty101

Haha was thinking something similar

I find it ironic that people over the years were quick to demand Fonte return and plead for him to be given a coaching job despite no experience.

But when it comes to Adam Lallana they spit on the ground, there wasn't much difference in the way they left, in fact Lallana was at least getting chased by a big club who wanted him, whilst Fonte's agent was just trying to get as much money as he could for himself and for that matter his biggest client Jose Mourinho

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Jose Fonte on 17:31 - Jun 27 with 257 viewsUTS1885

The lallana and fonte departures are a million ways different as Fonte wasn’t telling our players to leave for starters and be the chairman’s seed dropping gofer. From recall Fonte wanted a longer contract and we said no and also wouldn’t match the West Ham wage offer. It didn’t work out for him, but he played out more years in France and last season in Portugal winning their league cup.
Jose Fonte on 21:58 - Jun 27 with 189 viewsSaintNick

Jose Fonte on 17:31 - Jun 27 by UTS1885

The lallana and fonte departures are a million ways different as Fonte wasn’t telling our players to leave for starters and be the chairman’s seed dropping gofer. From recall Fonte wanted a longer contract and we said no and also wouldn’t match the West Ham wage offer. It didn’t work out for him, but he played out more years in France and last season in Portugal winning their league cup.

Fonte had signed a new contract in October 2015, he said at the time,

“I’m obviously very pleased and very happy.

Fluid logo

“I want to thank the manager, Les Reed, Ralph [Krueger], Katharina [Liebherr] — all of the staff and all of the board — for showing their trust and belief in me.

“I am extremely happy that they are giving me this opportunity to keep being in this great club, and I hope I can give back with good performances and by helping the club move forward.

“This is where I feel happy and where I’ve been very successful, so this is where I want to be and where I want to win.”

But then after the Euros his agent also the manager of new Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho was trying to get him a move to Manchester United, so what changed Fonte's mind about being so happy at Saints.

The answer was money pure and simple and an agent who cared more about money than his client.

West Ham came on the scene later after Mourinho had been warned by the Man Utd hierarchy to stop trying to buy his agent's clients and sign true quality signings

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024